• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CAST4 - Nov 22-23, 08 - Alberta, CAN - MELEE ONLY - It's over! T^T

RING1337

Smash Cadet
;) Oh yeah
Stoked stoked. Kat you'll love Brad rl though I think, it's K. Are you teaming with Dan or what, cause I have another team otherwise. UH VICTORRRRRRRRRRRR. VICTOOOOOR. THIS IS A BIG THING. CAN YOU MANAGE ALONE? :3

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Read Please.

;) Oh yeah
Stoked stoked. Kat you'll love Brad rl though I think, it's K. Are you teaming with Dan or what, cause I have another team otherwise. UH VICTORRRRRRRRRRRR. VICTOOOOOR. THIS IS A BIG THING. CAN YOU MANAGE ALONE? :3
No, i'd really like help if you're willing Sean.

Also, this is only a month or so away, so can everyone verify that they're on the confirmed list it the OP as well as having a ride from Edmonton/Calgary down to Red Deer. Also, let me know if you are staying for the Boston Pizza dinner on sunday. I called them today and reserved some tables and stuff. Food is preordered, so I plan on buying a bunch of pizzas. If you want any specific dish, please let me know. You'll have to pay me back of course. So for fun, the next 20 following posts after this one decides the toppings for the pizzas.

Rules:
-Basic toppings (ie: pepperoni etc.) nothing like "Supreme Greek Vege Mix Pizza with Deluxe Cheese" or anything, cause those are like 10 bucks more.
-No double/triple etc etc posting.
-Must be actual topping available at BP or it won't count.

Also, something more relevant to the tourney itself, the pot for singles and doubles are both 600 bucks respectfully. I'm going to make singles 20 dollars so first place gets a heavy $700, second with $300 and third with $100. If enough people object to this, then i'll lower it to $15. If a lot of people are complaining, i'll bring it back to $10.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I vote Pepperoni!

Sorry I just randomly saw this and decided to post. Guess I'm bored :laugh:

But yes, pepperoni wins. Bacon does too I guess :ohwell:

Alphicans

Smash Hero
hmm $20... I think 15 is better. Although 20 is pretty straight forward. I am fine either way, but I think 15 works just as well.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Hooray for my idea being put into use! Good job Victor.

Confirm me, Every event, you know my info, I'm supposed to be teaming with Joel.

and I like the prices at 20 etc.

Any pizza is fine, but have some variance, like cheese, pepperoni, hawaiian etc. as many as you can. Should I be paying you a little pizza fund if I can?

Let me once again stress varying flavours, since it's basic we might as well go with whats good, cheese, pepperoni, hawaiian, and bacon, Take in mind we need multiple of each or people won't get to choose their preference.

Who knows I might not want pizza.

IMPORTANT!!!!

Hey guys, maybe we should do BP's saturday night? I dunno when the tournament will end on either night, but people have to go home sunday, so I personally would prefer saturday so more important people like me can be there. Anyone agree?

****it Victor, I'm septuple posting after this you ** ** * ******

Oh and Kat, Joel is a sexy beast, thats just his elk mating ritual face, the picture of you where you look like him, he looks like you, so yeah, he'd be sexy.

edit: Luke stop being neutral-agressive, if eithers fine don't vote =P But I prefer $20, it's more incentive for good people to come, and it's rounded out, I don't want days spent at registry, I think everybody can handle $20

edit2: Adam, =[ You get 4 times what I do on my next paycheck.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Janitor, lol.

Whatever tournament I've ever attended, I've always helped out (sometimes it looks like I'm running the show, ask the guys from GTA). I'd love to help you out with pools and making brackets and oh btw if you're low on your budget and need to buy some sort of mic, fear not. My voice will penetrate through walls and ear drums :] once again go to the GTA for that haha.

I can even help with other **** too, trust me lol. I'll staff it up if you like me to.

kithkin

Smash Champion
I should see if I can get Chad to come. Just to shout orders.

Thanks TyrantWolf (I'm allowed to thank, cause I'm already trying to help Victor) I don't think we'll need bracket help, assuming Victors got his hands on a laptop by now, and hopefully a projector. But some admin control is nice.

That reminds me, Victor can I be official staff? Cause I like to help and have been good for ideas.

Not to mention you owe me for folllowing the rules to help you out, usually this post and the one before it would be spread into at least 20 posts.

Edit: For all those tl;dr nay say-ers. My posts were serious and important for once, please read them

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
1. um...mushroom and pepperoni or just delux cause it has those and more.

2. I might be in some trouble cause I have to be in ktown the next week but in Red Deer the next weekend as well and 2 trips to Red Deer is pushing it. Music > Smash I'm afraid, but keep me as confirmed.

3. I host tourneys and I'm trying to host more and more often, so I'd like to help too for hosting experience purposes.

4. Eggz, Gimpy, SW, DJC, are you still thinking about coming through this way or have you figured something else out? The plan now is the 4/5 of us here are going to bus because of lack of vehicles so the 4 of you could join us in that and still get housing through my uncles Thug Masion if you like. I'm still bringing my whole setup too...tv, wii, melee, etc.

5. Imma MM the **** out of you all until you don't even want to mm anymore.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Don't they have the perogy kind at BP? That ain't too expensive, is it? God, I love perogies. Meeeeet luuvas 2.

James, find out ASAP if you can't go to CAST4 so I can get alternative housing. I gotsa plan ahead and all that jazz.

Also, I'd personally prefer Sunday, so then it's more the closing bit. And I'd rather be doing like, tons of friendlies all Saturday night to sunday morning.

KageIsGoingDown

Smash Apprentice
;) Oh yeah

Well in all honesty I dunno what to tell you Sean. Last night was a disaster. We all went to Chris Brown's house to practice our team matches and not only was I crazy-rusty with Ganon but Dan was being a ****ing douche the entire time. He worked up more percent on me then Stub or Sev...it was bogus. Like I was in the middle of a combo then he falcon knee'd me and killed me. Like Dan has rage issues, when we lose he freaks so I kinda wanna team with you but Dan pulled the "guilt trip" card and he said if were not on teams he won't go. Also Dan has this real attitude problem, he figures everyone who is going he could kick their *** because there "geeks" and he said no one who is going is ever gunna be laid. Like, it's ironic because HE'S going but he just undermines people a lot and I could see like maybe one of the younger players beating him and then him wind up punching the kid and I don't want that at all. I dunno man I was looking foward to CAST4 but after last night and how ****ty I was doing I know i'm gunna get ***** in doubles if I go. I might just go singles because like I said, I'm not a huge fan of trying to prove my skills and then my own team mate ****ing knees me in the head and KO's me at 50%...and like 50% on Ganon is nothing really...unless of course he gets kneed when he's not expecting it. **** Sean, last night...absolutely train wreck. Sev, Stub, Dan and Me were all fighting over stupid ****.

"Oh wow way to shield grab my edge get-up you dirtbag..."

"Man, stop chain grabbing"

"Oh wow...holds the edge while i'm getting back, real mature"

"Sev stop spamming you up-B near edges douchebag"

(Oh and for the record in the tournament we will edge hog and shield grab and chain grab and all that, but when we play each other we tend to play it more friendly, and let people get up. When we use those moves when we play each other we consider it kinda "dirty". Dan figured that if we played like we would in an actual tournament, like use all of our moves it would be better but then he totally contradicted himself and would call me on **** and claim i was "spamming" and "shield grabbing". it was just a disatser like I said.)

The list goes on and on.....Suave is a very disfunctional family :(

And as far as pizza...like get the kind that pretty much everyone will love. If all else fails get Cheese or Pepperoni. Either that or like BBQ Chicken......maaaybe Meat Lovers, but for the love of god NOT Hawaiian! Who knows, I might just skip pizza at BP and go to 7-11 for taquitos...but I would really wanna enjoy a meal with the fellas =3

kithkin

Smash Champion
Calgary doesn't even have a crew (not including PIP if they still areformally together)

Just keep practicing, if it's been a while people are frustrated over little things.

Thanks for actually reply Liberate =3

Oh oh OH OH! CHICKEN CIASA DEL FUEGO!!!

KageIsGoingDown

Smash Apprentice
Calgary doesn't even have a crew (not including PIP if they still areformally together)

Just keep practicing, if it's been a while people are frustrated over little things.

Thanks for actually reply Liberate =3

Oh oh OH OH! CHICKEN CIASA DEL FUEGO!!!
I think Pro Impact is still a team but I'm not 100%...they were a **** good team if I could remember right. But I guess you're right, I mean for how big GP is, it's nice we actually have a legitimate 6-man team all of which I think are great players (well, I haven't really smashed anyone better sooooo).

I dunno Brad, I think it may be the CAST4 stress getting to us. In all honesty, when we started our team we wanted to like....actually impress some people and make a name for Grande Prarie in the smashing community but seriously, after last night my like excited factor went down a few points. Like everyone was bickering and Chris Brown was like an inch a way from driving us all home, like I mean...that NEVER happens. What I'm thinking is just going to CAST4 and try my best to compete....I'll have to give it my all but I dunno if i'll be going into doubles.

So Victor, depending on our next few Team practices I might just go singles. If I go to practice with the fellas and they all argue and whine over stupid stuff again I'll either end up Double Ganon'in with Sean (Which I really wanted to anyways) or just go in singles. Argh I never thought that would happen to us. I dont even know why everyone was stressed.

I had another question regarding the tournament itself. Like in singles if someone loses that's it? like the lose all their stocks and have to go home? I don't really get how that would work....like is it once you lose your out of the tournament like a round robin or what?

kithkin

Smash Champion
K this is beginning to bug me. Chris Brown as in the famous artist?

I dunno if victoreem-sama is doing pools (I hope) but it's double elimination, you get two chances.

Oh once you're out you just play friendlies.

God ****it Levi, you gotan infraction on my perfectly clean user. I have spammed more than anyone and it was clean you ****.

KageIsGoingDown

Smash Apprentice
K this is beginning to bug me. Chris Brown as in the famous artist?

I dunno if victoreem-sama is doing pools (I hope) but it's double elimination, you get two chances.

Oh once you're out you just play friendlies.

God ****it Levi, you gotan infraction on my perfectly clean user. I have spammed more than anyone and it was clean you ****.
Well no...Chris Brown is "Stub" he's our friend. It's just an odd coincidence his name is the same of a famous african-american rap artist. Funny story, his mom's last name is "Bond" and they were gunna name him "James" so he wudda been James Bond, but they went with his dad's last name which was "Brown" and just named him Chris. It's pretty weird i know.

Man looks like i'll be playing a lot of friendlies!!! lmfao :chuckle: I see myself getted booted first few matches.

Also i'm hoping to bring down a few VCR's and maybe a few TV's....however, i don't even have my own controller so i'll need one of those....and since I don't own a gamecube (or my Wii anymore! for **** sakes!) I will only bring TV's and VCR's....also I was wondering. Is this JUST a Smash Tournament? Like can we bring movies and stuff or is it strictly SSBM? Like I was thinking of maybe bring my drums or something down and playing em for a bit. But I mean hey, I'm cool with strictly SSBM too ^_^

KageIsGoingDown

Smash Apprentice
Oh and Victor...I noticed on the roster i'm KageIsGoingDown....that was a joke user name I don't wanna be remebered by it! Our gamertags are as followed and we would like to register with them so if ya wanna change it that's cool.

Daniel Prieto- The TECHnician

Kat Sheehan- TECH Support

Chris Brown- Stub

Sev Sweetnam- The Lanky B-astard (spell b-astard normally, it just blanks it out when i spell it)

Sean and Kat's Ganon Dittos Team (If this happens)- WE.A.P.O.N.- WE Always Paint Our Nails

Kat and Dan's Ganon/ Falcon Team- 2 TECHnical 4 U

Chris and Sev's Roy/ Link Team- We Both Happen To Have Swords

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Another important post. Please read.

Housing
"Chips" or Kyle, is willing on housing as many people as necessary at his house. 10 people can stay in his basement, and everyone else has to stay in his garage. It's mid-November, so anyone who needs housing should bring sleeping bags etc. You can smash as late and as early as you feel fit. Here are the conditions: Kyle's mom wants 5 bucks all together for the 2-3 nights , and another 5 bucks for "insurance". This is per person of course. If anything is stolen or broken, you wont get your money back. If everything is fine, then you'll get back $5 bucks. This is the back up plan if Dynamism isn't coming. Otherwise, I guess every can stay at his uncle's thug mansion.

Blatant Advertising + Super Cool Contest

Also, is anyone interested in CAST4 merchandise? I was talking to a friend of mine, and he offered to create and sell some custom t-shirts for this event. He wants to make some cash on the side, and I thought it was a pretty neat idea. Anyways, we're looking for some ideas for logos and slogans so we decided to have a little contest. Anyone who has any great ideas, please create and PM me your logo. Now, the logo can be anything smash related. So it can be a picture of Marth with 172465 or Kage's face. The person who made the logo we choose gets free admission to all events, including the entrance fee. I hope that's enough to get some people interested! If anyone is interested, the price estimate for the T-shirts will be around 12-15 bucks.

I also appreciate the people who volunteered to help! Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
And it's cool if I stay there from possibily the earliest being the 13 to the latest being the 18th? I've got no idea how long it'll take the bus to get from Penticton/Kelowna BC to Red Deer, so JUST in case. I plan on nleaving the day after the tournament anyhow, so it'll probably be the 14th to the 17th, if that's cool. Guess I should be talking to him about it though, eh? I'll just PM him with the rest of my questions or concerns... once I get the answer back from James since I'm super lazy.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I do not have any answers as anything is possible...ANYTHING!!!!!
Really though, it's too early for me to know, I haven't even heard from Justin, Tim or Kaelen in the last couple weeks about it. Soon though I'm sure.

Like I was thinking of maybe bring my drums or something down and playing em for a bit.
**** YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!
You play in a band or do studio work or what? Just for fun? Mind if I have a bit of drum time? I'll be playing drums quite a bit in Red Deer the next weekend for a show so a warm up would be nice. ;P

He figures everyone who is going he could kick their *** because there "geeks" and he said no one who is going is ever gunna be laid. I was looking foward to CAST4 but after last night and how ****ty I was doing I know i'm gunna get ***** in doubles if I go. Meat Lovers
Dan seems funny, he'll 5 stock me in 64 with him using one hand and get 5 stocked by me irl using only one hand. I think everyone is nerdy too but I don't mind nerds, they're cool and a nice change from my regular weekend life.
lulz *can't help it, is a rockstar*
Meat Lovers ftw with mushrooms and green peppers and onions and black olives!

James = super lazy.
I really tried to be but it never works...
(see you at most2 *****, bring your best game and sorry but I don't think I'll be able to find time to play smash before then even with my bros let alone others)

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Dan seems funny, he'll 5 stock me in 64 with him using one hand and get 5 stocked by me irl using only one hand. I think everyone is nerdy too but I don't mind nerds, they're cool and a nice change from my regular weekend life.
lulz *can't help it, is a rockstar*
That's the wrong Dan.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Yeah, there's Superboom, and there's Kat's friend Dan, who's the TECHnition. I got that right, right?

I didn't actually say you were lazy, did I? xD Alright, sucks, but I'll have to make do. Expect ****tttttty Melee game and probably a lot better Brawl game, sadly. @__@ When is Kaelyn getting back? ... and who is Justin? Jacer? I'm going to go ahead and "confirm" for housing at Kyle's house, but I will cancel if you confirm yourself and the thug mansion.

Janiiiitor. Anywhere that I can contact Mr. Chips?

Levi5

Smash Ace
Victra, couple questions:
Do you want a simple logo, strictly black, or is this a full out portrait?
Are they being printed digitally, or is this manually printed out, cut into mac tech and patted onto the shirts?
Do you want the images vectored? (I'm assuming yes)
Great detail or simplistic and suffice?
Can I make a bunch of designs?
How's it judged? Popularity?

I've got a couple ideas going through my head.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Janiiiitor. Anywhere that I can contact Mr. Chips?
Feel free to call me Victor. You can contact him through me. Just PM me any questions and I can call him up soon after.

Victra, couple questions:
Do you want a simple logo, strictly black, or is this a full out portrait?
Are they being printed digitally, or is this manually printed out, cut into mac tech and patted onto the shirts?
Do you want the images vectored? (I'm assuming yes)
Great detail or simplistic and suffice?
Can I make a bunch of designs?
How's it judged? Popularity?

I've got a couple ideas going through my head.
I'm not entirely sure, so i'll double check tomorrow. What we were thinking for the design though, was a full out portrait on the back, and a small simple cast4 logo on the front. Obviously, images would have to be vectored, and they can be as detailed or simple as you want. You can also submit as much as you want and yes, they'll be judged by popularity.

I'm bringing my brawl shirt lulz

Oh and dibs a spot inside a house for the night. Viiictor?
You'll have to pay double the admission price for that Brad.

Kyle has this silly idea on how to decide who sleeps in the cozy basement with bathroom access etc, and who sleeps in the cold, hard, dungeony garage.

kithkin

Smash Champion
The Stench of a warrior! IT DOESNT WASH.

Victor, I mean't stay with you =P

But I require good housing, I will go out of my way for it.

Besides, it's an advantage to have a comfy bed. Even if it's just a floor and a blanket.

Wait theres admission price? I forgot about that I think, either way, I'll be helping ideas on cast4 shirts cause I doubt my brawl shirt will last the day, and it'll probably be cold outside.

Konkey Dong

Smash Journeyman
i definitely agree with $20 entry fee for singles

and a message to kat:

the only way you guys are gonna get good at the game is to embrace losing as an opportunity.

if all you look for is excuses, instead of ways to improve your game, the only thing that gets better is your excuses.

focus on your game and throw the personal feelings aside, disciprine your mind.

Top Bottom