• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CAST4 - Nov 22-23, 08 - Alberta, CAN - MELEE ONLY - It's over! T^T

KageIsGoingDown

Smash Apprentice

Blatant Advertising + Super Cool Contest

Also, is anyone interested in CAST4 merchandise? I was talking to a friend of mine, and he offered to create and sell some custom t-shirts for this event. He wants to make some cash on the side, and I thought it was a pretty neat idea. Anyways, we're looking for some ideas for logos and slogans so we decided to have a little contest. Anyone who has any great ideas, please create and PM me your logo. Now, the logo can be anything smash related. So it can be a picture of Marth with 172465 or Kage's face. The person who made the logo we choose gets free admission to all events, including the entrance fee. I hope that's enough to get some people interested! If anyone is interested, the price estimate for the T-shirts will be around 12-15 bucks.

I also appreciate the people who volunteered to help! Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Victor, I'm your man for logos and catchy one-liners and slogans for this thing!

KageIsGoingDown

Smash Apprentice
**** YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!
You play in a band or do studio work or what? Just for fun? Mind if I have a bit of drum time? I'll be playing drums quite a bit in Red Deer the next weekend for a show so a warm up would be nice. ;P

Yah i play drums in a band. WE have like 5 or 6 original songs. I have a few videos on Youtube of us jamming but It's terrible quality cuz it was recorded via cellphone but it still sounds pretty good....and that was back when I had my Roland electric kit, It's ok for mixing on my Mac and doing cool stuff but it doesn't really compair to acoustic sets. :dizzy:

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Yah i play drums in a band. WE have like 5 or 6 original songs. I have a few videos on Youtube of us jamming but It's terrible quality cuz it was recorded via cellphone but it still sounds pretty good....and that was back when I had my Roland electric kit, It's ok for mixing on my Mac and doing cool stuff but it doesn't really compair to acoustic sets. :dizzy:
That's cool, keep at it. How long have you been playing together, and do you play covers or shows or just jam for fun?

Electric kits are nice in their own way. I just got a drum student with a fancy electric kit. He has a gf with a kid so when I go there for the lessen we just plug in headphones and go, they don't even notice us playing. That's something they're good for haha

What's your other set like? I'm lookin forward to some jamming, I'll bring my cousins guitar and amp etc if you bring the drums. Sadly I won't have my sound system there until the next weekend maybe :\

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
Oh, by the way, since I'm being driven by my extremely generous parents, some lucky souls could catch a ride with us.

I probably won't make the BP dinner, unless school is off the next day.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Shi* if only flights werent $400 from LAX I so would hit this up. i'll keep on eye on it in just in case though

KageIsGoingDown

Smash Apprentice
Hey hey, Kat.. a warrior keeps his word at all times! If you don't come, I'll be very pissed! You challenged me.. =P
Oh don't you worry Kage, I plan on coming. I really wanna do a **** load of friendlies with you before the tournament, but after those friendlies it's strictly buisness. And like I said before I honestly don't expect to win againts you or even come close, but the only way to get better is play better players, and it helps we have the same main so I can def pick up some killer strats.

and I just realized I have 48 hours to play with legends, so I have a feeling i'll increase in value as a smasher by at least 3%

KageIsGoingDown

Smash Apprentice
That's cool, keep at it. How long have you been playing together, and do you play covers or shows or just jam for fun?

Electric kits are nice in their own way. I just got a drum student with a fancy electric kit. He has a gf with a kid so when I go there for the lessen we just plug in headphones and go, they don't even notice us playing. That's something they're good for haha

What's your other set like? I'm lookin forward to some jamming, I'll bring my cousins guitar and amp etc if you bring the drums. Sadly I won't have my sound system there until the next weekend maybe :\

in all honesty, the whole "bringing the drums" thing was not a for sure thing. I don't think my kit would kit in Chris Brown's vehicle not my mention if my cymbals get ****ed on the way to Red Deer i'll be crazy mad. Sev also happen to be a drummer, he's waaaaay better than me. I have only been playing for a year or so, Sev's been playing for I think 5. He likes progressive metal and he can play pretty much any Dream Theater song shy of Honor Thy Father. We kinda just started our band, we have lead guitar, rythm guitar, bass and a keyboard player (which would happen to be Chris Brown). I might bring my guitar though, and just play it a little bit between matches, seeing as how I'll be getting booted first match or so i might as well bring something to entertain myself. =3

and I hate electric kits! lmfao I just got my Iron Cobra double-pedal set up and it sounds haggard on pretty much every kick drum setting. Roland FTL!:embarrass

Alphicans

Smash Hero
And like I said before I honestly don't expect to win againts you or even come close, but the only way to get better is play better players, and it helps we have the same main so I can def pick up some killer strats.
Objection! Although that does help, a little bit, I can think of faster ways to get better. Sorry, it's just when I hear that, and I do hear that a lot, it angers me.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Shi* if only flights werent $400 from LAX I so would hit this up. i'll keep on eye on it in just in case though
Well if you're going to be coming up from down under and visiting Daltsy sometime, hitch a ride with him cause he's probably coming. (he better be)

Alright Kat, be a jerk haha
jkz, but cool. :p

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
flights to vancouver are cheaper... hmmmmm... plus its daltsy! (ill be in the us from 13-29 nov btw so ive been looking around for flights to awesome tourneys) :)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Oh don't you worry Kage, I plan on coming. I really wanna do a **** load of friendlies with you before the tournament, but after those friendlies it's strictly buisness. And like I said before I honestly don't expect to win againts you or even come close, but the only way to get better is play better players, and it helps we have the same main so I can def pick up some killer strats.

and I just realized I have 48 hours to play with legends, so I have a feeling i'll increase in value as a smasher by at least 3%
Killer strategy? Strategy won't work vs me =P.. if you want to win you have to overpower me! But that is impossible! Ganon dittos is one of my strongest match-ups.. do you think you can learn from that? Or well.. I can play other chars if you like then you'll see more possible strats. =)

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Lol, strategy is the last word I would associate with smashbros, but w/e.

Quick question. Victor, what is the CP stage list, is it just standard, or are you gonna throw in your own little twist?

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Victor, is this tournament still 15-16th?

I have already booked off work and I think kage has bought tickets.

Stevo

Smash Champion
please dont triple post in a tourney thread.

I dont normally care at all.... but I want to make sure this thing is an awesome tournament and that people who are thinking about coming. (ie: CAOTIC) can look and find the info they need easily.
especially since there are so many people coming from accross the continent.

thanks

the last page was sooo full of triple posts (quotes included, which makes it bigger) it hurt my eyes

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Disaster dissipates the hope of many...

...As the people shout, a savior emerges from the mist.
Victor, is this tournament still 15-16th?

I have already booked off work and I think kage has bought tickets.
No, the tournament is delayed till the 22-23 of November. It's a month and a half away, which will at least give people enough time to reschedule etc. Kage hasn't bought tickets yet.

Now for the important news.

I spent the day today driving around town with Kyle, as well as making phone calls. As some of you may or may not know, the old venue was too small so i've been spending some time finding a bigger venue. I came across this great meeting room at the Standford Inn near downtown Red Deer.

It's across the street from a 7-11, a Pizza place, a Bar and a few other Restaurants, but that's not why I chose this place. It's big, nice looking, and really cheap as far as rentals go and it also provides catering. The only problem is that it's booked on the 15/16th. I hope you understand, but this is for the best.

So yes, the tournament is delayed for 1 week, to November 22-23.

In other somewhat unrelated news, Kyle pulled some strings and there is a big possibility that CAST4 will be sponsored by our radio station.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Lol. Our radio station.

oh and new sig part.

Place looks nice Victor, First class. I hope this doesnt affect attendence.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
WHAT THE **** MAN I HAVE A HARD ENOUGH TIME BOOKING DAYS OFF WORK AS IT IS AND YOU DO THIS CHANGE UP!?? LIKE WHAAAAAA??? I'M SO LUCKY I HAVEN'T BOUGHT TIX YET BUT I WAS GOING TO LiKE LAST MONTH! NOW YOU TELL ME UR CHANGING THE DATE!? THE FUUUCK MAAANNN!!!....

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I'm really sorry Adam, and I hope I can make it up to you. You have to understand that the change was for the better.

omg, MagnuM + Caotic + Gimpyfish

Bowser Challenge '08 anyone?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
flights to vancouver are cheaper... hmmmmm... plus its daltsy! (ill be in the us from 13-29 nov btw so ive been looking around for flights to awesome tourneys) :)
Daltsy is in Victoria right now. That's very close to Vancouver and he actually has to come through Vancouver to get here so if you can get to Van then hitching a ride would be very easy. Best of luck and hope to meet you soon, but you better not steal him in teamziez you jerk lol. Jkz, I'll let him decide...DALTSY!!!!

No, the tournament is delayed till the 22-23 of November. there is a big possibility that CAST4 will be sponsored by our radio station.
Cool, and lol

I'M SO LUCKY I HAVEN'T BOUGHT TIX YET BUT I WAS GOING TO LiKE LAST MONTH!
lol almost the biggest pwn of the tourney already. ADAM!!! COME TO KELOWNA WITH ME, DALTSY, CAO, ALL OF WA AND THE OTHERS INSTEAD!!! (you still planning on coming this way WA and Vic?)

I sense anger in that post, oddly enough.
I'm anger, nobody else is aloud to be.

noobking's font size only reflects his actual size.
qft haha
I'd say it's still a little short though, nice try font but you lose, no johns

omg, MagnuM + Caotic + Gimpyfish

Bowser Challenge '08 anyone?
woot

wait a sex, gimpy and stubert are going to this??!??!???? <3 ?
and dave...
right? :O

KageIsGoingDown

Smash Apprentice
Killer strategy? Strategy won't work vs me =P.. if you want to win you have to overpower me! But that is impossible! Ganon dittos is one of my strongest match-ups.. do you think you can learn from that? Or well.. I can play other chars if you like then you'll see more possible strats. =)

Well Kage, i'm pretty confident in my Ganondorf....in all honesty I think i'll do a lot better than most Ganon's you have faced. I would never go against Tipman's Ganon however. He, in my opnion is the best Ganon.

Kage, what's happens if I beat you though? Will I gain some respect from smashers on this thing lmfao

Top Bottom