• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cast of Brawl Tournament IS OVER

ProBrawler

Smash Lord
Westchester, NY ; Cornell University in the school
Yukiwarashi and myself will be co-hosting this. This tournament will work a bit differently from the standard ones. Every character will be represented by one person. For example, there will be one Marth player, one Donkey Kong, etc. To prevent confusion, Zelda/Sheik will be one character and so will Pokemon Trainer. Since there is no easy way to switch, Zero Suit Samus and Samus will be separate. Since there are so many people there will not be a loser's bracket. Another twist that I've thought of is that the tourney will be held on a single day in the evening. About an hour will be given for each round. When online tourneys get dragged out, they usually die so I hope this will cure that problem. Oh and a disclaimer: this is for fun and character pride, not tiers. And don't complain, about who your match-up or anything else, the brackets will be decided at random. Please state your character when you sign up. Here are the rules and bracket:
Items:None

Time: Unlimited

Stock: 4 Stock

Stages: Counterpick or neutral. If neutral, contestant must agree on Final Destination, Smashville, or Battlefield. If counterpick, the loser, of course, must choose the stage. Use whatever method you can to contact your opponent about your choice. Agree on your counterpicks before the match begins, otherwise go neutral

Date: Friday August 8th, 2008. Preliminary round begins at 5:00PM EST. Each round after that round will last 1 hour [prelims last 30minutes]. If you aren't sure you can make it, please don't enter, sorry :/.

Winning Requirements:Requirements:In order to proceed to the next round, a contestant must win a Best 2/3 match. Semi and Final will be Best 3/5. Disconnections will not count. Please do be honorable and truthfully report any losses or wins. No prizes, except pride for your character =D

Bracket: (first round)

Group 1:

Union of Darkness/DeDeDe
cn23/Ness MIA

~Kawaii Bunny~/Pika
Sudsy/DK MIA

Pr3y11/Luigi
Rika/Kirby
both MIA x_x

DarkLevianthan89/Yoshi
Stroupes/Ganon

Da Man/Mario
Duo55/Fox

Thirdrike/Diddy Kong
fredymartinez1/whoever he picks MIA

JOBOT/G&W
Olimarman/Olimar

Yukiwarashi/Pokemon Trainer
Falchion-/Marth

Group 2:

Giga Wario/ROB
PheonixoKaze/Sonic MIA

ProBrawler/Zelda&Sheik
LeviNifty/Lucario MIA

Toast2152/Bowser
gocubs12345/Pit

Naos/Link
Cat Fight/Snake

Havokk/Lucas Personal matters
DevilWillCry/Meta Knight

bmasterr15/Toon Link
XFadingNirvanaX/Zero Suit Samus WiFi error x_X

Gabz/Ike
Mitsurugi/Wolf

Gigas Knight/Samus
Samusbrawler/Peach

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second Round Bracket:

Group 1:

Union of Darkness/DeDeDe
~Kawaii Bunny~/Pika

No one -___-
DarkLevianthan89/Yoshi

Duo55/Fox
Thirdrike/Diddy Kong

Olimarman/Olimar
Falchion-/Marth

Group 2:

Giga Wario/ROB
ProBrawler/Zelda&Sheik

gocubs12345/Pit
Cat Fight/Snake

DevilWillCry/Meta Knight
bmaster15/Toon Link

Mitsurugi/Wolf
Gigas Knight/Samus

Third Round Bracket: THE ELITE EIGHT!

Group 1:

~Kawaii Bunny~/Pika
DarkLevianthan89/Yoshi

Duo55/Fox
Falchion-/Marth

Group 2:

ProBrawler/Zelda&Sheik
Cat Fight/Snake

bmaster15/Toon Link
Mitsurugi/Wolf

ProBrawler

Smash Lord
Reserved for entrants:

Zelda/Sheik: ProBrawler
Sonic: PheonixoKaze
Ganondorf: Stroupes
Yoshi: DarkLeviathan89
Toon Link: bmasterr15
?Last character not taken, maybe PT: fredymartinez1
Meta Knight: DevilWillCry
Pikachu: ~Kawaii Bunny~
ROB: Lewys/Giga Wario
Pit: gocubs12345
Olimar: Olimarman
Ike: Gabz
Game&Watch: JOBOT
Peach: Samusbrawler
Samus: Smash Gigas/ Gigas Knight
Kirby: Rika
Mario: Da Man
Luigi: Pr3y11
Fox: Duo55
Lucario: LeviNifty
Dedede: Union of Darkness
Ness: cn23
Lucas: Havokk
DK: Sudsy86
Snake: Cat Fight
Link: Naos
Bowser: Toast2152
Marth: Falchion-
Pokemon Trainer: Yukiwarashi
Wolf: Mitsurugi
Diddy Kong: Thirdrike
Zero Suit Samus: XFadingNirvanaX

ExplodingMan

Smash Journeyman
EDIT--- I cant make it after all. by the time i get home it will be too late. so scratch falco, and someone else can take him in my stead.

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
I'll join as Yoshi. Not sure if something will come up, but if it does, I'll let you know.

Chaco

Never Logs In
My main is gone so I'll just spectate. ^__^

fredymartinez1

Smash Journeyman
fine.... I'll take the last person not taken.... If not poke trainer.... He's fun in tourneys .... Btw 1676-3494-0066

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
0989-1423-3825

Could I wait to see if four out of the five are taken, making my choice easier?

Out of DK, Mario, and Peach, ROB, or Jigglypuff?

Could I wait to see whose left before I make my decision?

Gabz

Smash Apprentice
can i still participate in this tournament? (if its wifi cause im not from the US) and if i do then i would choose wolf if its not taken:;) since ike is taken

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Cool sign me up. I'll use Peach.

If someone else desperately wants to use Peach take it up with me, I might switch just because I'm nice like that. Otherwise I'm staying as Peach since Zelda and Marth are taken.

Gabz

Smash Apprentice
Is there an estimated time of duration of the tournament? and at what time does it start?

ProBrawler

Smash Lord
Is there an estimated time of duration of the tournament? and at what time does it start?
The tournament starts at 5:00PM EST on Friday August 8th, as said in the first post. The preliminary round will be 30 minutes, the first round an hour and a half, the second round an hour, the third round 45 minutes, semifinals 30 minutes and the finals as long as the matches last. Needless to say, I expect everyone to be on time... That totals like 4.5 hours +, so let's round it off to five hours, but many that's only for those that make it far...

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
aw no more peach?

put me down for wigi please =] if unvailable when you get around to it just give me who ever is left (random pick i dont care)

Top Bottom