• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Games Summit - Goldsboro, NC - 2/7/2009

bomberman0

Smash Cadet
the new rules are way better thanks to you guys, I use plenty from tio softwar here and smash wiki thank you guys very much

Sandst0rm

Smash Cadet
Yo Spoon, I'm at UNCW dude, and there are a few competitive smashers here with me. We host tourneys from time to time in our competitive gaming club. UNCW's an open campus so feel free to come.

Also, to bomberman and meeveret, I'll be attending this since the CGS is like 30 minutes from my home in Kinston. I do want to know if there will be any doubles matches and how the times for brawl tourney will clash with street fighter 3.

Spoon

Smash Journeyman
Yea dude, I wasn't updated with this thread, sorry xD

Well can't wait to see that happen (games at UNCW I mean)

meeveret

Smash Rookie
SandstORm, to allow everyone a fair chance to play we only allow you to prereg for Tournaments in your same room. This also eliminates time conflicts. The day of you can ask the StreetFighter Director if there is room, especially if you are already eliminated from Smash before the other Fighter starts. We have lots of tournaments that start after Smash does so you may be able to be in more than one

bomberman0

Smash Cadet
Well Since were done, Here's the new rules

Double Elimination
6 min / 3 stock
1 v 1

Random Select
Final Destination
Battle Field
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counter Picks
Pokémon Stadium: Melee
Halberd
Luigi’s Mansion
Delfino Plaza
Lylat Cruise
Frigate Orpheon
Corneria
Rainbow Cruse
Castle Siege

(Items set to off and none....obviously)

Final Round will be best 2 of 3

Meta-knight’s infinite cape glitch is BANNED; any attempt at it will be AUTO-DISQUALIFICATION!

A game ending in a "Suicide kill" will go to the player doing the suicide kill, in example " Bowsers flying slam over the stage." This rule comes into effect when the game goes to a sudden death match, instead of ending the match. Ex. Using bowsers flying slam, but the game goes into a sudden death. The suddent death will be ignored and bowser is made winner.

Stalling, the act of avoiding all conflict, to the point of the game becoming unplayable. Example, Sonic’s neutral B attack under a stage, or using chain grabbing infinitely against a wall or any way else (building up damage around 300%) Stalling in any form WILL get you DISQUALIFIED!!

You may bring your own controllers if you would like. Its a good idea, but keep up with your belongings, because staff and CGS it's self are not responsible for lost or stolen items. (really just don't leave it any were or something were not 10yrs here))

THERE WILL BE MELEE FREE PLAY ROOM.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Make it so that Ganons suicide move is a win for him too
Why not just all suicide kills?

Meta-knight’s infinite cape glitch is BANNED; any attempt at it will be AUTO-DISQUALIFICATION!
Can it be used between stocks? In Melee, between stocks people would show of a little tech skill to make sure they're on their game and to freak their opponents.

Stalling, the act of avoiding all conflict, to the point of the game becoming unplayable. Example, Sonic’s neutral B attack under a stage, or using chain grabbing infinitely against a wall or any way else (building up damage around 300%) Stalling in any form WILL get you DISQUALIFIED!!
Make sure you know what stalling means. Don't assume something is stalling just because of high percents.

THERE WILL BE MELEE FREE PLAY ROOM.
=D7 Yayuzzz!

bomberman0

Smash Cadet
Why not just all suicide kills?

Can it be used between stocks? In Melee, between stocks people would show of a little tech skill to make sure they're on their game and to freak their opponents.

Make sure you know what stalling means. Don't assume something is stalling just because of high percents.

=D7 Yayuzzz!
That makes more sense about the suicide kills, will take that to the rules.

but what do you mean stocks? The Meta-knight glitch is only ban in the tournament, so you can do it all you want out side of it the tournament ^_^

I'll go back and explain stalling more, the chain grabbing is mostly is what im worried about since there are people who do it alot. I think I know how I should write now.

Malk

Smash Champion
I think I might go to this!
lol the venue sounds fun and bomberman you're really showing drive to make this awesome

you wouldn't mind if there was a player run melee tournament at this?
I've been running tourneys for that game for ~4 years now and I think it would really help draw the nc playerbase in. We would make sure 'official brawl tourney' matches took priority.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
lol the venue sounds fun and bomberman you're really showing drive to make this awesome

I've been running tourneys for that game for ~4 years now and I think it would really help draw the nc playerbase in. We would make sure 'official brawl tourney' matches took priority.
I agree with this. Malk's good at running tourneys.

That makes more sense about the suicide kills, will take that to the rules.

but what do you mean stocks? The Meta-knight glitch is only ban in the tournament, so you can do it all you want out side of it the tournament ^_^

I'll go back and explain stalling more, the chain grabbing is mostly is what im worried about since there are people who do it alot. I think I know how I should write now.
I mean, if I'm MK and I kill someone, can I IDC until that person has become revived, being that I wouldn't be using it against them.

bomberman0

Smash Cadet

I can't see why not, it is a melee free play room, but seeing how it is a free play room I can't let it take over all of the melee tvs, because I still need it to be open to everyone.

bomberman0

Smash Cadet
I agree with this. Malk's good at running tourneys.

I mean, if I'm MK and I kill someone, can I IDC until that person has become revived, being that I wouldn't be using it against them.
I see what your saying, It will have to be no about this one. It's only because with MK's IDC he can move around the stage quickly, and the person you just KO'ed will see it and could call it out to one of the directors. At that point, by the rules, the one doing MK IDC would be DQ.

Allowing MK's IDC could lead to many noobish arguments that your breaking the rules. Which is true, but it wouldnt be for the reason that the rule is set in place.

bomberman0

Smash Cadet
Cool videos, I want to play you some time. And Where did you get the music I like it ^_^

bomberman0

Smash Cadet
Here is the newest rules to date

Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Double Elimination Tournament Rules
Settings
1 v 1
Timed stock. 6 min, 3 stock
No items or smash ball.
Final round will be 2 of 3

Map
As default, maps are picked at random from neutral list for each match, unless both players agree to pick a different map. Then that map will be played for that match.

In the final round, the first map will be picked at random from neutral list. The next map pick will be based on Dave’s stupid rule. Which means the loser of the first match can pick a map from the neutral or counter pick list. If the 3rd round is played, the player who won the first match can not pick the same stage that they have won on a second time.

Random Select
Final Destination
Battle Field
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counter Picks
Pokémon Stadium: Melee
Halberd
Luigi’s Mansion
Delfino Plaza
Lylat Cruise
Frigate Orpheon
Corneria
Rainbow Cruse
Castle Siege

Notable Rules

Meta-knight’s infinite cape glitch is banned; any attempt at during a tournament match will be Auto-disqualification. That includes between stocks.

A game ending in a "Suicide kill" will go to the player doing the suicide move, in example "Bowser’s flying slam off the stage." This rule comes into play when the game goes into a sudden death match, instead of ending the match. Ex. Using Bowser’s flying slam off the stage, but the game goes into a sudden death. The sudden death will be ignored and Bowser is made winner.

The Act of stalling is banned, doing such will entitle disqualification. Stalling is defined as any action that deliberately avoids all conflict as to make the game unplayable. It involves the player using a move or technique to waste time, such as; using Sonic’s homing attack under a stage, using Jigglypuff’s rising pound under stage or an area that can not be reached, and Chain grabbing against a wall or edge infinitely where the player is not able to recover.

There is a 2 minute recess between each set of matches. You are responsible for being on time. Failing to arrive on time will count as one loss; the second time will be disqualification by default.

Bracket Seeding

A Random seeding with location based seperation will be used. this is to help keep friends fighting friends the first round. (I'm using Tio from allisbrawl)

Equipment

If at any moment during the match a controller or system malfunctions, please place your controller in your lap and call for a director to inform them about the problem. The match will be re-started at the closest settings. Example, The same map and characters must be picked and the number of stocks per player must match the number of stock before the equipment malfunction. This may mean a player must Suicide to match the number of remaining stock before the restart.

If you chose to bring your own controller please note that your are responsible for it, and in no way is CGS and its staff are liable for lost, stolen, or damaged controllers or any other personal belongings.

Turbo or modded controllers are not allowed. Nintendo brand controllers are recommended.

And if you have a wireless wii controller please keep them off while in the waiting room so they do not interfere with the wii’s in the tournament room.

Policy

All Tournament rules are to be fallowed, and will be enforced.
Warnings may be issued for actions that are close to breaking a rule, up to 2 warnings will be use, after that it will be Auto- Disqualification.
No in game coaches are allowed to accompany players in the tournament.
Excessive vulgar behavior and, or language will not be tolerated. In such a event you will be asked to stop, then disqualified and then to leave. (really don’t talk like a sailor -_-)
Acts of violence will not be tolerated; in such a event law enforcement will be notified. (or Chuck Norris ^_^)

Some Melee Free play will be there

I thank all of you guys for putting in the right direction with your input and web sites to read up on, I really like allisbrawl, the software rocks. Register earily to save time for me and you. It's the same thing you have to do if you come in and register the day of, but there may be lines and waiting. also I need to enter everyone into the tio software.
http://www.carolinagamessummit.com/tournaments.php

again thank you all

bomberman0

Smash Cadet
Well for you brawlers who have made your mind, pre-registering is going to make getting into the tournament nice and easy 4 you and me (I have to enter every player into the Tio software).

The same way you pre-register is the exact same way you'll have to register if you wait till game day.
but on game day there will be a line and 1000+ gamers

its very is easy to preregister heres a video on it.

http://www.carolinagamessummit.com/forums_topic.php?topicid=2677

bomberman0

Smash Cadet
Wow only 1 week away from this Saturday. Man I'm nervous, im just reviewing the bracket timing making sure I did everything right and most important the rules. now I posted the 3 edit I just want to know what you think so far. I do think I'm on the money with it, but still the input I got from here is what got them there today ^_^

Duo55

Smash Ace
I'm coming to this as it is a tradition for me. It was the first tournament I went too, and where I met TLOZ, Jeremy ( sorry I don't know your tag man ) and jrod, who introduced me to smash boards, and got me into competitive play. I got third place last year (although I was cheated in the losers bracket, I didn't get to play losers finals cuz the guy left, and instead of making him forfiet the match, they just slapped me into third place cuz "time ran out for the tournaments" which is sad cause I'm perfectly sure I would have won losers finals, and went on to fight winners again (jrod). But that was back when I wasn't that good. I ask that you seed me correctly, and I'm looking forward to seeing you guys again. Keep up the good work WCC.

bomberman0

Smash Cadet
I entered last year too in SSBM. but I only played once (which is when I lost) but that year as I was told was very unorganized. last year I didn't know that it was event double elimination. Well don't worry the past, it's no matter here. I did the math and have the equipment. double elim will work with me!
[insert American Naruto reference here]

bomberman0

Smash Cadet
How may people bring there own controller to the tournaments? I just want to know so it will help us plan on how important it is to supply the controllers our selves.

bomberman0

Smash Cadet
This year, It's very good idea to bring your own controller. Trust me . Heck it would be better then using he same controller that some 12 year old used with dirty fingers.

Duo55

Smash Ace
Every one should bring thier own controllers, but I would have like 6 on hand just incase for walk ins, and newbs.

bomberman0

Smash Cadet
yeah figures, were covered. for noobs and such. Smashers usually bring there own controller which they know works fine, then trusting a controller used by 50 people. Duo55 did you register for the tournament? I'm hoping to max out this year.

Sandst0rm

Smash Cadet
I'll be attending this but do I need to register and buy my tickets online or can I do so at the door?

//Edit: My debit card won't work properly on Paypal and I've tried verifying it before but they never sent the thing to my mailbox. I guess I'll have to pay at the door, but I don't want to not get a spot b/c I was unable to pre-register. Already 39 people pre-registered.

bomberman0

Smash Cadet
darn. well yeah at the door will work. and today is that last day anyway to register cuz it ends on the 6th. Sorry about that man. I doubt we'll fill up like halo3 just did today anyway ^_^
but get here at like 9:30. hopefully you will avoid being in lines that way. by the way how are the rules, I still like to hear feed back.

furyberserk

Smash Apprentice
Need help with rules? Ask a pro!... or someone who been to tournies... not me. There are no tourneys where I live at.

Top Bottom