• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Games Summit - Goldsboro, NC - 2/7/2009

meeveret

Smash Rookie
WHEN? The Fourth Annual Carolina Games Summit will be held Saturday February 7th 2009 10AM – 9PM

WHERE? Wayne Community College in Goldsboro, NC.

WHAT? This year’s hybrid festival will again deliver industry speakers, video game tournaments, product promotions, exhibition booths, and educational sessions. Experience the latest games before they are released and compete against gamers from all over the country. Enjoy all your favorite platforms including arcade, computer, and console games with both tournament and free play options available. Between competitions speak with numerous game developers who will be exhibiting or speaking in live sessions throughout the day.

Visit www.CarolinaGamesSummit.com for more information.

General Admission is just $10.00 and this covers one official tournament plus all the freeplay, speakers, exhibits, and special sessions you can handle.

Feel free to purchase tickets now and gain access to our tournament registration system:

http://www.carolinagamessummit.com/tournaments.php

The above link has a list of all tournaments except our PC tournaments, which we are still locking in.

Initial Press Release Announcing Insomiac Games and Media Sunshine Keynotes:

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2008/12/prweb1686524.htm

Last year we had 84 Smash Bros participants and I hope to max out our 128 player cap this year!

Hope to see you all there!

M15t3R E

Smash Master
If this has sufficient hype I will try to make it.
Btw, post the full address and ruleset. And is this Brawl or Melee, or both?
I found out it's 3000 Wayne Memorial Drive, Goldsboro, NC 27534.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Mister E needs to go to Judgement 1. Yes he does. Because he owes me a MM.

I'd like to make it to this...

bomberman0

Smash Cadet
Hey, What exact information do you need about the CGS SSBB Tournament. I am the director for the tournament. Currently its only SSBB and it's Single elimination.

I also have the rules we are going to be using, a good Mix from Gamebattles and smash wiki Heres a sample
Its an 128 Player limit
One vs. One match
Timed stock. 5 minutes, 4 stock
Single Elimination
No Items or Smash ball

Meta-knight cape glich banned, Stalling banned
and a gaming ending with Bowsers flying slam goes to him.
Maps being used:

Final Destination
Battle Field
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island
Pokémon Stadium: Melee
Halberd
Luigi’s Mansion
Delfino Plaza
Bridge of Eldin
Corneria

The list will shrink as the rounds move, and If both players want to choose a map, even if it's not the list, then it will be plaied
What do you think? If you have any questions at all please post them or email me at

These are old, look on page 5 for the real rules or 4 ......hmmmm you think I would know. but trust me these rules shall not be used

bomberman0

Smash Cadet
OH, I forgot. Do you want a Melee free play room? we can do that big time, like we have all the stuff for that, but we want to know if there will be a demand for thats all. And feel free to bring your own controllers if you please

bomberman0

Smash Cadet
ok, then what needs to be changed in the rules I really love to have some feed back ^_^

bomberman0

Smash Cadet
So about the the rules, What is it that you don't like? They are not set in stone so I will like to make them as playable as much as I can

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Change stock to 3, 7 minutes. 4 stock, 5 minutes? Seriously? That's a horrible idea. Matches would end by time in 4/5ths of the matches.

Get rid of Corneria and Eldin, add Castle Siege and Norfair.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Also, what are the prizes?

You should probably do
1st place: 65%
2nd place: 25%
3rd place: 10%

Of the pot, obv.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Do what Spoon said as well.

Stage List should probably look like:

Stages on Random:
FD
Battlefield
Smashville
Lylat
Yoshi's

Counterpicks:
Halberd
Delfino
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair
Pokemon Stadium 1
Luigi's Mansion

bomberman0

Smash Cadet
Ok so is there anything else I need to know, im making the changes as we speak

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Did you do anything about the pot (prizes) like I said?

Just show me the rules once you're done and I'll tell you if they're right or not lol

bomberman0

Smash Cadet
One problem, I only have a maximum of 7 hours to do a 128 player tournament. that's why it was placed as 4 stock 5 min, I think I could make it 3 stock and 6 min at most but thats only if everything is according to plan.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
3 Stock is standard anyway.

3 stock, 6 minutes is fine sounding. Hell, I'd do 3 stock 5 minutes if it were double elim and best 2/3

@DH: True, hence why I told him to base his rules off of it. old SBR rules are a far cry better than the cluster**** that he has right now. No offense.

bomberman0

Smash Cadet
OK That is enough! I will go back to the drawing board and make every thing kick *** and If I can't do that then I will get some who can!! I will not have this tournament SUCK, I thank you all for your input It has drove me to make it the best SSBB tournament in North Carolina !!!!

bomberman0

Smash Cadet
btw, the tournament is free. and as for the prizes, I have not been told what it will be this year.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
It has drove me to make it the best SSBB tournament in North Carolina !!!!
I just wanted to quote that so I can laugh twice as much. :laugh:

jk

good shit on wanted to make a great tourney, bomberman bro. As mush as I dislike Brawl, I'll probably show up to see what you got, so long as there is that Melee room you spoke of earlier. ;)

meeveret

Smash Rookie
The event is $10 and everything at the event is included in that fee. For prizes we guarantee plaques that I really need to post a picture of because you really need to see them to believe them. They are full color metal sublimated images on a wood plaque it is pretty sweet.

Last year we gave away a case of Bawls to every winner 1st - 3rd! That will hopefully continue this year :-)

www.Bawls.com

Also we give away everything at a big awards ceremony which we are working to make similar to what you saw at the Spike VGA , although without the hot chicks hanging everywhere and jack black being really annoying lol j/k

See you all at our event guys!

bomberman0

Smash Cadet
I will post back here once I complete my work LAterz...........Luigi Rules!!!!!!!!

stingers

Smash Obsessed
omg I love Luigi ahaha!

He's easily the best Mario brother :)

Is anyone here gonna be going near Hickory, NC and could pick me up?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Hmm, I just mapped it and it only increases the time by 30 minutes for him to pick me up...

But even if he just went from his house to there, it's still 4 hours. I doubt he'll even go :/

stingers

Smash Obsessed
here's an idea, spoon:

drive 4 hours out of the way to pick me up in hickory, then drive another 4 hours back to goldsboro so we can experience this together

doesn't that sound so much better then the 2 hour drive you'd have otherwise?

bomberman0

Smash Cadet
I did it !!!! yep all done!!!! ok now the thing is we only got 4 wii's so it takes over 7 hours (with a 6 min time and 3 stock) but with (5 min time and 3 stock) it takes over 6 hours. I am going to do everyting in my power to get more wiis that way it will take less time. the seeding will not be random it will be by skill, how you may ask I'll post it up in a it in a bit im still working on it, but the basic Double elimination set is done and done, with a big thanks to tio tournament software of course!!! ^_^

bomberman0

Smash Cadet
and there will be melee free play so don't worry if you don't "Ike" brawl (^_^ I made an really bad joke) you can pwn people old school

Top Bottom