• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

H1N1

Smash Journeyman
You guys... brawl is a childs game and therefore being better at it is equivalent to saying I can toss a coin better then someone

:phone:

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I keep tripping while trying to toss the coin, how do I stop that? I know it's a new feature of the latest batch of coins.
also don't shoot too high scotty, go for coin tossing at a scrub's level first, like kadaj's. then work your way up.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
speaking of pokemon......alakazam has always been my absolute favorite...even though he has sucked since second generation....guess what bitzes, he's ou now. Almost makes me wanna rejoin "competitive" pokemon. but trying to keep up with all the new ish is too much for me. I'm gonna have fun playing with my victini in white and black. btw, u-turn is for bitz, so is stealth rock, and rain dance. that ish is really stupid.

also: <3 blissey/chancey

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
i like playing all the pokemon games and toxic leech protecting the elite four when they're 20 levels higher than my best pokemon.
and items eerywhurr
competitive pokemon takes tooooo much thought, it's silly and gets more broken every generation. though because of that the possibilities are near endless and nobody can completely figure out perfect strats before a new set of pokemon and a new level of metagame are out.
the only good strat is sweeping with 6 magikarps. awwww yeahhhh

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
everyone lost to pikachu in the show... even a muh****in onix lmao
Even Latios lost to Pikachu. I mean, come on. It's a legendary, and it's resistant to Electric types. That just doesn't make sense. Then again, the Latios had been captured, so maybe it was a wimp. That would explain why it lost.

Also, B/W rival beat Pikachu with his starter in the first episode.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
why pick raichu when there's jolteon. probably the most legit of the eeveelutions. he's legit period. amazing stats, good moveset, and eletric is one of the better typings. but for reals, raichu is ***. I think he's in underused or neverused. pikachu is legit better than him (with some item attached.....it's an item for only unevolved pokemon). basically, raichululz.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
why pick raichu when there's jolteon. probably the most legit of the eeveelutions. he's legit period. amazing stats, good moveset, and eletric is one of the better typings. but for reals, raichu is ***. I think he's in underused or neverused. pikachu is legit better than him (with some item attached.....it's an item for only unevolved pokemon). basically, raichululz.

cause jolteon was always known for taking it up the *** and having all the other pokemon **** on his face every afternoon around 4:45.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
Jolteon is the ****. His problem in first-gen was that every function he could have performed in a team would have been performed better by someone else. He was just the second-best at everything he did. And he isn't OP. He belongs in OU because he's good. If you want to talk about OP, then look at salamance. Them ******* let him stay in OU for too long. Also, mew has now been removed from uber to OU. How awesome is that. Although I don't really see that he will be used all that much. He'll probably be incorporated into gimmick teams.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
my mistake...mew is now underused. mew isn't uber because he gets bodied by all the ubers. psychic is in general a bad typing since second gen on. the only thing he really has going for him is his moveset. but his typing and his stats can't compete. And I suppose he fails in OU because the prevalance of tyrantar and walls such as blissey.

but....him and victini would still win all the pokemon contests. I mean, they're the cutest things EVER.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
wrong jaurice...completely wrong. mew cannot learn every move in the game. that's the biggest misconcpetion about him. he can learn every TM in the game. But that is a far cry from every move in the game. When the game first came out having 100 base stat in every field was good. However, many characters have been introduced with the same or better base stats. Being exclusively psychic is tough in the current metagame (it's far from the worst typing, but ever since monsters like tyranatar, it has become progressively worse). Also, like I said, it gets stalled by special walls such as blissey/chansey. The few successful teams I've seen with mew usually involve some sort of baton passing. Mew has been insignificant in the metagame since at least gen 3. He certainly doesn't belong in uber. He's one of those characters who was only placed in uber because he was thought too OP to play in OU. But he was hardly usable on an uber team. But so many new pokemon, abilities, attacks have been added that he would not be a dominate force in OU. In fact, I think from gen 4 on, he should have been OU. Gen 4 might be pushing it. Bug pokemon from that gen on became absurdly used. Ghost attacks (I'm looking at you Gengar) destroy him. And dark pokemon were prevantly used. Tyrantar alone almost makes mew an unviable character.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
pokemon actually has a really huge following that dwarfs smash, if you include offline. Mostly people older than us.
but the pokemon games are just wonky as **** and changing SO CONSTANTLY that it's just competitively weird.
I'm still amazed by some youtuber battles, they predict 2 turns in advance and know the main 5 or 6 movesets associated with every single pokemon

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Pokemon is clearly a much more competitive game, while Melee and Brawl are clearly party games designed to not be competitive. Or something.

Also, do you have an idea for when the next NCSU will be? I want to have some friends over in a couple weeks, but want to make sure I'm still able to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom