• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
Persona 3 FES is amazing, and though I may be in the minority, I don't regret buying Persona 3 portable at all. Playing as the female MC gives many different new situations, it was quite fun. and yeah stingers you gotta play all the games CT mentioned. I will come over and watch :|

on another note, this is a question to CT and stingers: aren't your rooms just gigantic at Avant Ferry? I looked at the specs and they looked crazy

*CT*

Smash Lord
Lawl what; next semester is gonna be hella fun, I'm still searching for Digital Devil Saga (although its probably easier to just swipe it off amazon.) and Devil Summoner (Which is hard and super expensive on amazon)

x.x I like collecting SMT games now, I heard P2:IS is gonna be released on the PSP soon.

Dublio

Smash Ace
I've played the first Digital Devil Saga and did everything except for the fight against the Demi-fiend. I sold off the game and bought the 2nd one down the line. I have owned most of the SMT games, but didn't get a chance to play devil summoner 2. I ended up selling most of my games because I thought that I'd never play them. Next thing I know, I have a hankering for demon fusing and lo and behold, re-getting those same games is a pain in the ***. (Expensive too) That's what I get for selling off all of my games.

Here's an example: Bought Persona 3 Fes for 13 dollars and Persona 4 for 20 dollars, sold them after not playing them for a really long time, but when I went to rebuy them, Persona was now 30 dollars and P4 was now 35 dollars. I blame the low price on Christmas or perhaps a reprint.

P.S. Persona 2 Innocent Sin, the game version we never got. I never got a PSP or PS3, but I fear that if I got one now, I would have no time to play it plus I'd have to save money and immediately go broke for several months.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I actually am not sure which dorm I'm in, because I haven't been assigned. I'm either in Bowen, Gold, or Metcalf. Gold is super close to bowen anyway I believe, though.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Yeah, I'm gonna get killed. :p If you can believe it, I've still yet to play smash with someone offline that could beat a level 9 computer....
Pretty sad.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
so far you (and CT I guess) are the only people I know (random other people on smash exempt) that HAVE been assigned.

Jon?

Smash Champion
@Stock: Are you going to be at State too?

@Snap: Black Ops is more fun than Brawl. Modern Warfare 2 was the bad game.

Jon?

Smash Champion
I used to play vanilla CoD at a professional level. And I can tell you that Black Ops is a bit more fair/balanced and more fun. MW2 has better maps but the whole game is controlled by air support/kill streaks. Do explain why you think Brawl or MW2 is a better game overall.

archer.

Smash Lord
MW2 > Black Ops

For the sole reason of being able to troll with noob tubes and knife classes.

Jon?

Smash Champion
@Arch: That was the only reason I played that game because it was pretty fun noob tubing and being able to refill your ammo with scavenger or one-man army.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
I used to play vanilla CoD at a professional level. And I can tell you that Black Ops is a bit more fair/balanced and more fun. MW2 has better maps but the whole game is controlled by air support/kill streaks. Do explain why you think Brawl or MW2 is a better game overall.
Well, Black ops is a LITTLE more balanced, ill give you that. but MW2 is closer to cod4 and thats why its better or at least more fun for me, For instance, If im quick scoping in MW2 and I shoot someone in the chest, I have a 45 percent chance that they will die

In MW1 it was 100 percent chance lol

In black ops its like 0.1 percent chance.

Basically in my mind I see them as, Black ops = brawl, COD 4= melee, and MW2= project M, its not COD 4, but its close enough to make me feel okay and have fun with it.

But I do agree with you about balance being a little bit better in Black ops, its just not as fun. No riot shield either.

Jon?

Smash Champion
So you're just basing your opinion on the game solely on quick scoping. I didn't quick scope in CoD4 because the M16 was a bit broken. My list goes: CoD4 > CoD1 > Black Ops > CoD2 > MW2. MW2 runied the series for me but Black Ops allowed me to enjoy a fps for the first time in a while since CoD4 kinda died off.

archer.

Smash Lord
I gotta say though, I enjoy the Gears of War games more than I do Call of Duty games.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Yeah quick scoping was my thing I guess man thats why black ops wasnt too real for me I just couldnt get into the AR's in that game

Granted in MW2 is just used the scar most of the time.

Jon?

Smash Champion
In MW2 it was either:

1) Noob Tube
2) Marathon Commando
3) Sniping

There was really no in between.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Hey Arch, Lie said he is going to drive down. Not sure if he really will at this point since the Jersey tourney is half the distance, but he's "going" as far as I know at this point in time.

archer.

Smash Lord
Sniping in CoD has not been viable since 4 really. I mean, it was "ok" in MW2 and it's really bad in Blops; not only do body shots never really count for **** anymore, but none of the maps seem to have been designed with sniping in mind at all.

@ Seagull - Ok, sounds good. Why would he drive alone though? >_>

*CT*

Smash Lord
Yeah they are getting expensive: SMT or Atlus games in general are becoming more popular. I ended up getting Devil Summoner 2 for 17$ (It was 80$+ on amazon, maybe 50$ if it was used?) this week and just got Digital Devil Saga for 29$ but I bought FES at 20$ and 4 at 29$ right when they came out, I actually have Persona 3 special edition with the art book (First one and I got it as a birthday gift)

But I tend to collect things as a hobby because of my dad x.x he collects silver or invests in it so I ended up doing that and collecting older games. I just need to get Devil Summoner and I think the majority of my SMT collection for PS2 is done and I actually was able to locate two copies; one in Wake Forest and the other in Wilmington.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom