• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
...what, do u expect sakurai to be able to predict how DDD's metagame would progress 3 years into the competitive scene?

ddd top tier day 1

archer.

Smash Lord
It's disappointing, yes, but there's still plenty of time for them to change their minds about GC game/controller support. Although I admit, it's unlikely. =[

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
If it aint a GC controller it at even smash imo

Until I see the Wii U's "Main" controller and not the ****ing Ipad thing they are advertising right now Im officially un hype and uninterested.

Marly

Smash Journeyman
Won't be much of a surprise if Nintendo manufactured controllers similar to GC controllers like they did with Wii with those classic controllers and all. Nintendo wants more money, and people using GC controllers doesn't equate to money.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
final fantasy xiii-2 will have towns, and the staff said they are making it a core focus to have more open-ended dungeons and stuff cuz everyone complained about it being too linear.

i hope this game doesnt suck, cuz final fantasys lately have been kinda meh. i liked ff13 but it wasnt amazing

Marly

Smash Journeyman
final fantasy xiii-2 will have towns, and the staff said they are making it a core focus to have more open-ended dungeons and stuff cuz everyone complained about it being too linear.

i hope this game doesnt suck, cuz final fantasys lately have been kinda meh. i liked ff13 but it wasnt amazing
You should, like, try playing XII.

archer.

Smash Lord
13 was OK. But I can't get myself excited for 13-2 because of how underwhelming 13 was. Hell, I can't even get excited about Versus. Square has probably lost the ability to make a good FF game.

As for RPG's I'm actually looking forward to playing, Tales of Graces F and Tales of Xillia are of course ones I'm looking forward to, and then there's Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower (if Nintendo ever decides to localize them at all, anyway).

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i just posted the trailers on jims wall earlier LOL
that gameplay looks soooooo good. but i'd rather use swords then fists so I might not use the main character for the first time ever o.o

archer.

Smash Lord
But technically, both the boy and the girl are the main characters, instead of only having one this time.

archer.

Smash Lord
No, it's not right because even if we do get ToX, we will probably never get this:

archer.

Smash Lord
Dude I would gladly trade in my PS3 now if I could get that special edition console instead.

*CT*

Smash Lord
To be honest besides Tactics I thought Final Fantasy XII was the best FF game. I know a lot of people didn't enjoy it very much but I personally thought it was the most enjoyable
5/6 of the game is broken and tedious though....well the tedious part is every FF, nevermind.

Stingers when we room you have to play the following during the semester/year:
Persona 3/Fes
Persona 4
Devil Summoner 2
Digital Devil Saga
Digital Devil Saga 2
STM: Nocturne

All on the PS2 :p

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I have feeling that the people at Nintendo know all to well that many people will want to play the new Smash with a GC controller, or something close to it. Maybe they're thinking about a solution even as we speak.

That's what I'd like to hope, anyway. :awesome:

*CT*

Smash Lord
lol I mean every RPG can be considered broken and tedious
x.x I'm referring to the part where you can grind to lvl 50 at the beginning of 12 and just walk through the game until the last few dungeons.

8 is broken when you get Diablos of course and when you kill off everyone and junction Squall with health/strength and just run over the bosses for the most part.

Other than those two I can't really think of things that exploit the whole battle system.

In 9 you can only grind garuda's outside the Grotto in disk 1

7 is just 100% broke with the materia system

1-6 I can't really complain about, I didn't memorize them or play them as much as 7-12.

Krackshot Kroc

Smash Ace
x.x I'm referring to the part where you can grind to lvl 50 at the beginning of 12 and just walk through the game until the last few dungeons.

8 is broken when you get Diablos of course and when you kill off everyone and junction Squall with health/strength and just run over the bosses for the most part.

Other than those two I can't really think of things that exploit the whole battle system.

In 9 you can only grind garuda's outside the Grotto in disk 1

7 is just 100% broke with the materia system
Yeah I understand what you mean, Final Fantasy games do have those exploits. Getting to level 50 in FFXII in the beginning would take a little too long though, don't you think? :p Unless there's some trick I don't know about

Marly

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I understand what you mean, Final Fantasy games do have those exploits. Getting to level 50 in FFXII in the beginning would take a little too long though, don't you think? :p Unless there's some trick I don't know about
Dustia method works wonders. I got to Level 39 in about... 2 hours? And since Balthier and Fran's levels are always higher than Vaan's, just grind as Vaan near the beginning of the game.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
5/6 of the game is broken and tedious though....well the tedious part is every FF, nevermind.

Stingers when we room you have to play the following during the semester/year:
Persona 3/Fes
Persona 4
Devil Summoner 2
Digital Devil Saga
Digital Devil Saga 2
STM: Nocturne

All on the PS2 :p
i've played persona 4 and <3'd it...i'd like to give the rest a try lol. but u gotta play xenosaga

*CT*

Smash Lord
i've played persona 4 and <3'd it...i'd like to give the rest a try lol. but u gotta play xenosaga
I have played Xenosaga though, my friend has all three.

Here's one of the fast levelings you can do early on in XII, ideally for time getting to around 40 is easy, getting to 50ish would be pushing it a bit, but I did it for the money that you get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyBWNoTr2BQ (Dustia method)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom