• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

archer.

Smash Lord
"I think Snake wins, and this is why."

"Well, I think DK wins."

"Why do you think that?"

"IDK. Stockfield you tell him."

Marly

Smash Journeyman
DK outranges Snake's tilts.

DK is heavier than Snake.

DK can kill Snake pretty early.

archer.

Smash Lord
@NC:

QUIT BEING WRONG.

/cruisecontrol

Real talk though, Snake forces DK into his zone. While DK can juggle and punish Snake well, Snake can punish DK just as well if not better. Both can kill each other earlier than either of them are used to, but Snake has better/easier ways to set up kills than DK. And once Snake knocks DK away with an f-tilt or what have you, DK has to weave through all of Snake's projectiles again. This is why the match-up is Snake's favor, IMO.

Stockfield

Smash Champion
I don't think it's too Difficult for DK to get back in our face.

•He kills Snake really early.
•He can juggle snake easily.
•He can gimp us fairly easy also.

Not sure if his F-tilt out ranges ours but I think it does. He can destroy landmines with his down B along with punish our rolls and Spot dodges with it.

What we rely on is getting the kill early on and living longer than our opponent since we are heavier and have good kill moves but DK takes that away from us and in fact I feel like he can kill/gimp us sooner than we can him.

I say it's 45:55 DK or at best 50:50 but we don't win it.

But that's just my opinion.

:phone:

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
lmfao stop using sets between two people to prove a point without tons of evidence behind it(and even then I'm not crazy about the idea).

Also why isn't stage control a bigger deal in this matchup? Snake has so much S he can throw around it's silly. Also Snake has a way better boxing(very up close) and throw game than DK does, which is being understated here I believe.

Marly

Smash Journeyman
You know what.

DK wins because he takes more skill to play than Snake.

archer.

Smash Lord
Well PP I was trying to talk more generally since stage control is... well, stage dependent, LOL. But yeah, Snake wins that hands down, on pretty much every stage.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Snake's ability to control the stage and force DK to approach is undeniable, but DK has an undeniable aerial advantage over Snake. DK's superior air mobility and aerials allow him reliably deal serious damage to Snake off the ground (and especially off the stage). Don't forget the ever-present possibility of a DK spike.

Both characters have good reach on their grabs, and good stuff to do out of grab. Snake obviously has his d-throw tech chase game, while DK has low % d-throw followups and the cargo. Overall, this is one of the most momentum-based MUs in the game, really. Both characters are incredible at punishing and killing, so it's often a matter who can get on a roll first.

50/50 has been my stance since Day 1.

*CT*

Smash Lord
snake wins 60/40

dk doesnt get past grenades lol. also he gets absolutely ***** by dthrow.
I would have to agree with PP and this, I think that most Snake players probably don't understand the MU to begin with since they wouldn't really play against DK's that often (No offense but most the DK mains I know switched over to MK.....except Nima).

But if Snake basically camps and uses stage control then yeah he has this and like every other MU down, right?

Dorsey should play me in Melee.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
Oh don't worry, telling me not to play brawl is like telling me not to slam my **** in the door of my truck, Lol.

I am down to play melee with anyone. drive to the beach and you get to play me and ace

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
...i don't play brawl, but imagining DK getting in on all the **** snake can throw/do seems weird. I can't imagine snake losing to DK...bair seems nice but can't snake just like...throw bombs and then utilt?

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
DK moves quickly in the air and has two solid jumps. He also has the super armored grounded Up+B and the super armored punch. Don't forget the amazing tool that is Down+B, which has ridiculously good reach. Also, *****es don't know about his back-air, but that's obvious.

It's more than possible for DK to get in on Snake.

It's a challenge, yeah, but once he starts pounding on Snake, the tables have turned. Snake is a very, very defensive character, he doesn't really have the ability to string/juggle DK or punish him offstage. DK, on the other hand, does have that ability.

Call it 55/45 Snake's adv. if you want, but say it's any worse and you just don't know DK. It's one of the evenest MUs in the game, imo.

Also, if you REALLY think it's DK's advantage...................then this is my face. :rolleyes:

*CT*

Smash Lord
Sushi quit quit for like ever ever. I heard he does stuff like works and studies, remember MLG Raleigh

Anyone going to the one in August? I'ma go and get me some hotpockets and watch SC2 probably.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
Also, I think Snap may very well have a crush on Jaurice. He's been on his **** so long, Jaurice has to walk around with special stretchy pants to house him.
im starting to think snap has a crush on jaurice.

has anyone notice that the only time he post in this thread is to make fun of jaurice?

or anytime jaurice post

the very next post is usually snap making a mean statment.

it's like when hey arnold.

snap= helga

jaurice= Arnold.

ggs.................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom