• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon?

Smash Champion
@Zeru Barton: I don't recommend playing flashy. I went through that phase and did it just to show off my "great tech skills". In the end, if you can support your flashiness with winnings, then there is no point.

@V1CE: I think I will be at Duke next weekend if you plan on going. FYI: I'm not very good. I'm only on PRs because I "lost to good people"

@Trova: Any Marth can just shield f-tilt and easily punish with dancing blades.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
yeah can u please get those nigz to make it so u can have melee icons AND brawl icons separately? that'd be a better way to tell who plays what game anyway... yeah i know some people just put a diff character than their main, i'm just sayin it'd be mad legit.

get those 64 icons too

no seriously, that'd be legit
It really would. Maybe I will bring that up, but I'm so inadequate-feeling around other mods......meh.

*yes I know camron

Jon? I cant wait to play u bro :D also I know ALI is beore i moved here.. but what happened to him? what he do now?
He got school-*****. He still wants to play both Melee and Brawl a lot but he doesn't seem willing to travel much because his buddies don't travel anymore. If Charlotte traveled then he'd try to ride with them. He's good and he'd be great practice if he could play with people a lot. His tricks that him and Peter(El Cancel) came up with were stuff NO ONE has yet to do and are tooooo ****. Plus he's just flat-out good lol.

After getting consistently destroyed by a Marth in friendlies Kevin what should I do to Marth if I'm playing as ROB or Snake?
as ROB:

Maintain the gap between you and Marth as long as possible. Lasers and gyros(used in different ways so he can't approach easily from far away) need to happen as much as possible. When he gets in an unsafe to laser range, charge gyro tricksies and Ftilt become the best things you can do(Stongers' strats). Marth will probably shield approach a lot of that then, so work on dash grabs as well at that range to keep him guessing.

If he tries to SH immediate Fair your shield, then Fair him back. If he jumps and doesn't Fair, then just get away because Marth is pretty much too close at that point. Rolling and Bair OOS aren't bad I don't think.

As Snake:

Use C4 to control the stage, along with grenades as much as possible. You don't have to throw them at Marth too much, because Marth has to approach anyway lol. Just set em out so you can control how he approaches. If Marth ever tries to space a SHFF Fair on your shield, then you can sometimes Ftilt OOS to **** that before or after the Fair comes out, depending on timing from the both of you. Shield to Ftilt does stuff a lot of what Marth does, so be mindful of it, but remember that more Marths may shieldbreaker you. Not a big deal though, since most of them shouldn't be coming in at an easy SB angle anyway due to the grenades and C4 placing.

Eh, some random thoughts, but maybe they'll help.

snake eats marth just make marth approach and punish with 21% tilts.

inb4kadajorshadysayotherwise
If all Snakes played it like Ali then Marth would lose/go even I bet. =p

Ftilt too good.

V1CE

Smash Champion
wait so Ali lives in charlotte? just tell him to come to my house and play... whenever he isnt in school? Whats his Facebook...ima stalk him we need people to play more lol

also try to come to this people... if you want

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292406

Jon?: I am scared of you vs MK you play sushi all the time right... it will be fun match i think... or a long one when we play ;P

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
wait so Ali lives in charlotte? just tell him to come to my house and play... whenever he isnt in school? Whats his Facebook...ima stalk him we need people to play more lol

Jon?: I am scared of you vs MK you play sushi all the time right... it will be fun match i think... or a long one when we play ;P
jon is absolute garbage. my mk still beats him.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
as ROB:

Maintain the gap between you and Marth as long as possible. Lasers and gyros(used in different ways so he can't approach easily from far away) need to happen as much as possible. When he gets in an unsafe to laser range, charge gyro tricksies and Ftilt become the best things you can do(Stongers' strats). Marth will probably shield approach a lot of that then, so work on dash grabs as well at that range to keep him guessing.

If he tries to SH immediate Fair your shield, then Fair him back. If he jumps and doesn't Fair, then just get away because Marth is pretty much too close at that point. Rolling and Bair OOS aren't bad I don't think.

As Snake:

Use C4 to control the stage, along with grenades as much as possible. You don't have to throw them at Marth too much, because Marth has to approach anyway lol. Just set em out so you can control how he approaches. If Marth ever tries to space a SHFF Fair on your shield, then you can sometimes Ftilt OOS to **** that before or after the Fair comes out, depending on timing from the both of you. Shield to Ftilt does stuff a lot of what Marth does, so be mindful of it, but remember that more Marths may shieldbreaker you. Not a big deal though, since most of them shouldn't be coming in at an easy SB angle anyway due to the grenades and C4 placing.

Eh, some random thoughts, but maybe they'll help.
this helped alot. I always throw my grenades alot at Marth. As ROB I would make the mistake of having a gyro and glide tossing towards Marth but he ***** up close. This Marth in particular would SH to Nair alot. I would make the mistake of spotdodging and then trying to SH to Nair. Knowing this now will make a difference in the future.
Thanks.

Jon?

Smash Champion
@Kadaj: simply post a counter-video of a Marth beating a Snake and his argument is invalid.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Why post a match of someone losing in a winning mu? It doesn't go against the fact that Marth still beats Snake if that's what you're thinking lol

Besides you already know who won that set so posting the vid really served no purpose at all
@Kadaj: simply post a counter-video of a Marth beating a Snake and his argument is invalid.
**** it.... he DID do exactly what i thought he did.... sigh

Jon?

Smash Champion
@V1CE: Sushi posts on my wall all the time.

@Keef: did shady go on trova's account and write that?

Black Mantis

Smash Hero

Jon?: I am scared of you vs MK you play sushi all the time right... it will be
fun match i think... or a long one when
we play ;P
See if you can get Ali to come to the
play and trade tournament.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero

edit: CONEY JUST WON A REGIONAL. WHERE YOU AT KALE!!! YOU FREE *** SCRUB *** D3. ****IN WEAK *** HAD TO GO TO MK CAUSE HIS D3 WAS GETTIN WOMPED ALL THE TIME, AND THEN JOHNED ABOUT HOW D3 COULD NEVER WIN ANYTHING. BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHHA U ****IN SCRUB!!!

edit 2: hey i have been practicing D3 just for you alex :)

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
lol how many tourneys have you won? and how many times have you made it to WF? cause im sure both numbers are higher in my favor lmao... and then kadaj came to NC :(

inb4jonsaysthatimninthonaprseasonwhereiattendedonetourneylmao

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
i inb4'd, so ur argument is invalid.

and constantly going to tourneys and using ur main in tourney does not sound like playing this game for the luls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom