• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Syrup Strikes Gold! - The Famous Leader of the Black Sugar Gang and Wario's Rival - Syrup for Smash

Which version of Syrup is your favorite?

• Classic Design (Wario Land, II)

• Modern Design (Shake It!!)

Results are only viewable after voting.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
I'm just shocked that they acknowledged Thousand-Year Door, I was convinced that Nintendo's policy was ignoring everything about Paper Mario before Sticker Star.
They're actually acknowledging past games in Origami King :)
peeach.jpg

They've been acknowledging older characters that aren't just the main gang from Mario recently, like Pauline, old PM characters and now Captain Syrup. Hopefully it influences some more embracing of characters that only appear in a few older titles that people still like.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Hopefully, if they add Captain Syrup into Smash, they include music from the Wario Land series, including Shake It, which only got one song into Smash, which is also a remix of Wario's Victory Theme...sort of, and maybe some music from Wario World, which she wasn’t in.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
If I had to fix up Wario's representation:
Newcomers
-Captain Syrup
-The Shake King (No one talks about him...)

Stages
-S.S Teacup
-Shake Dimension

Items
-Wario Bomb
-Bull Helmet

Songs
-Bloomsday
-Chortlebot Challenge
-Disturbing Tomb
-Black Jewel
-Greenfist
-Shake King
-Windbreak Bay
-Derailed Express
-Bad Manor
-Stonecarving City
-Hot Roderick Race
-Wonky Circus
-Captain Skull
-Pecan Sands
-Glittertown
-Body Rock
-Greenhorn Forest
-Pause Screen

Spirits
-Greenfist
-Dinomighty
-Bloomsday
-Brawl Doll
-Captain Skull
-Chortlebot
-Large Fry
-Merelda
-Spideraticus
-Winter Windster
-Red Brief J
-Rollanratl
-Giant Snake
-Hot Roderick
-Ironsider

Boss for Classic/Adventure Modes
-Rudy the Clown

Also Wario would get a moveset redesign.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
They're actually acknowledging past games in Origami King :)
View attachment 277373

They've been acknowledging older characters that aren't just the main gang from Mario recently, like Pauline, old PM characters and now Captain Syrup. Hopefully it influences some more embracing of characters that only appear in a few older titles that people still like.
I guess that Tanabe is finally starting to ease up in regards to making PM more fun again.

Hopefully, if they add Captain Syrup into Smash, they include music from the Wario Land series, including Shake It, which only got one song into Smash, which is also a remix of Wario's Victory Theme...sort of, and maybe some music from Wario World, which she wasn’t in.
If K. Rool's addition was any indication, I think we'd be bound to get a decent selection of tunes. Which makes it all the more important for demand for her to be noticed.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Laniv

Smash Lord
Hey, can you put me down as a supporter, cause I'd love to see Captain Syrup in Smash

BZocky

Smash Ace
Look who was featured on the artwork for our next Spirit Event!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Look who was featured on the artwork for our next Spirit Event!

First New Horizons and now this? Come on Nintendo! Put Captain Syrup in Smash or at least bring her and the Wario Land series back from the grave.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
My thoughts on Captain Syrup: I have not witnessed Captain Syrup in action... at all, but judging by the description and the visual moveset suggestions, she seems like she would be one of the most indirect zoning characters in the game. She would be a pseudo-mech type, featuring a very large array of weapons that are ranged, disjointed, and operate independently or controllably, with many moves functioning as assistance summoners, allowing her to set traps in more abundant, powerful, and creative ways than other fighters. Furthermore, she would boast an arsenal of attacks that hog up significant portions of the stage and shield her while she executes at once, giving her excellent territory claiming and edge guarding skills.

The tradeoff for her superior stage control options: Most of her moves, even potentially tilts, do not yield immediate rewards, or would have above average startup, so she does not battle directly without stirring up a little chaos first.

I can see her being a zoning player favorite. I am not exactly a zoner, but I am intrigued by the thought of a moveset and playstyle that flows as above, and I think that in light of this and the fact that Wario Land/Ware(?) is without villain/antihero(?) representation, she would be a perfect second pick, like Mona as I said elsewhere. I support.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
It's really sad that they renewed the trademark twice just for that.

I really hate how they stripped him of his classic character and turned him into that. Thanks to the creation of WarioWare and the **** load of exposure it's gotten compared to Wario Land thanks to Smash, the majority now sees him that way: A lazy, fat, annoying, greedy farting couch potato biker who just gets people to make microgames and nothing else.

Meanwhile when he was added in Brawl, Wario Land got almost nothing whatsoever and they acted like he started gaining his popularity in WarioWare, defaulting him in that stupid biker outfit, make farting apart of his moveset, etc. all while pretending Wario Land never existed.

WarioWare will always be a reminder to me that the classic, macho Wario is never coming back and we're stuck with the Wario we have now. I'm not against WarioWare as a game or a franchise, but God, it just ruined him as a character.

Edit: Sorry for the little rant. I just hate how they completely changed his character for WarioWare.
Yeah i completly agree he was awesome Cool and (in his Games) Sympathetic but still selfish and Greedy i mean hes basicly Macho Scrouge Mc Duck

He really should get a better Smash Moveset his Bike can stay as is but b becomes Shoulder Bash Down B becomes the Grondshaking Punch and Up B should become the Bubble and his throws should look like Wariolan2 and 3

But yeah ´Syrup makes MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUch more sense than Ashley considering that shes a 1/10 Protaonist at best shes so unimportant in Wario ware

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Everyone aside from Wario in Ware shares equal importance in being a co-star, to the point that Ashley barely even got used outside of Ware (seeing as creators in the country have an odd relationship with using anything they didn't make themselves unless the title character is concerned), so until further notice Ashley is at an impasse regarding Smash. Syrup fans should seize the chance to raise support for her.

In the meantime, I just want to see a new Wario game period, it's been oddly quiet ever since Gold released.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Oh! And maybe some more music from the WarioWare series, especially WarioWare Inc.: Mega Microgames and Mega Party Games, and Game & Wario. Both originals and new remixes. I think some nice picks for WarioWare
music would be Drifting Away, Four Seasons, Dr. Crygor's Bathroom Jam, Wario's Adventure, Survival Fever, Stealth Turtles, Run! Men in Tights!, Wario de Mambo, Jimmy T. Theme (Smooth Moves), Tomorrow Hill, Yellow Murmur, Wario Dance Company/Wii Dancing (Smooth Moves), Body Rock, Arrow/Strawbenemy, Ski, Jimmy Lovin', Patchwork, Masterpath, Ashley's Revolution, Crazy Cabbie, Dancin' Pirates, Strange, Hustlebustle Town, Adrift, Wario de Mucho, and many others! Oh, and this one’s not exactly from WarioWare Inc., but it was used in a microgame, Palm Tree Paradise (Wario Land 4). What do you guys think would be some nice picks for WarioWare music?

Last edited:
Top Bottom