• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Olimar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Oooops, i forgot to post my moveset yesterday! Read the stance please, it REALLY helps.

Stance- Olimar's body faces the camera, while his head is of course, facing the direction of where your facing. With his knees bent as well. Wait, whats this! He seemes to be holding a white pikmin in his left hand and a blue pikmin in his right hand by the throat! That's not all! There seems to be twp Red pikmin, and it's stem is tied to the stem of the Blue pikmin and White Pikmin! They willingly dangle by his sides.

Stats-
STRENGTH: D-
SPEED- C+
RECOVERY- B
WEIGHT- C-
THROWS- A+

STANDARD A

A - Olimar swings with both arms his Pikmin Nuchuks to his opposite side.

A A - He then removes them from his sides (with a swinging) and failing the Pikmin Nunchuks.

A A A - Then, he swings them up and they hit anything infront of him and at the very end anyone behind him gets smacked because the pikmin hits his own back.

Dash - The captain puts his helmet first and headbutts anyone in his path.

TILTS

A^ - Olimar swings with whichever hand is on the right of the screen above his head once.

Av - Olimar swings with the hand farthest away from you, while crouched down, sweeping people's feet.

A> - Olimar takes the nunchuk closest to you and brings it to the opposite side and swings across.

SMASH ATTACKS

A^ - Olimar shows turns away from you and swings with both nunchuks above his head.

Av - Olimar faces you and brings his arms in a X and then releases his arms on both sides, flailing the pikmin nunchuks.

A> - Olimar brings up his arm closest to you and swings down (yeah, can hit above him like Marth's.)

SPECIAL

B- Olimar swings both Nunchuks back to his backpack and instantly changes the pikmin tied up. Even though it is random, it is good to try to get better Pikmin on your Nunchuks. The pikmin you get on both Nunchuks is ALWAYS the same.

Red- You start with two of this one, it deals mild damage, and deals fire damage.

Yellow- It deals small damage, but has better knockback compared to some others, and deals small electrcity damage.

Blue- If you get this one, it does good damage, but small knockback.

White- This is a good pikmin. The attack become more swift, but deal low damage and low knockback, but you DO poison the foes if hit.

B> - Olimar swings both Nunchuks in a circle in front of him (small damage if hit by that) and petals from the Pikmin fly forward dealing rapid small damage.

B^ - Olimar swings above his head like a helicopter and flies up.

THROWS

Forward throw - Olimar swings and the pikmin that is tied up grabs the foe and Olimar brings him in to headbutt if you like and then when ready he then spins and hurls the opponent of the nunchuk. High Damage, and High Knockback.

Down Throw - Olimar swings and the pikmin that is tied up grabs the foe and Olimar brings him to headbutt if you like and then he raises the Nunchuk holding the foe up above him and then smashes against the ground, bouncing.

Upward Throw - After you headbutted the foe, and you choose to throw him up, Olimar spins him around in a circle dealing small damage and then the Pikmin lets go after a while and he is hurled upwards.

Back Throw - After you headbutted the foe, and you choose to throw him back, he smacks him off the ground (not doing as much when he does it in the Down throw) and then he swings the nunchuk back tossing behind his head.

ARIELS

Fair- Olimar swings with one nunchuk in a helicopter motion in front of him for a second.
Bair- Quickly swings the pikmin tied up behind him and quickly brings it back.
Dair- He rolls while swinging down with both Nunchuks (Meteor) and if close to the ground he will have to get back up because he rolls.
Nair- Olimar brings his legs up and faces you, and swings both nunchuks in a helicopter motion hitting anyone around him, very weak.
Upair- Headbutt.

SMASH ATTACK

Notice in the B attack, i did not include the Purple pikmin? Well, when you get your smash attack, its actually an upgrade. A purple pikmin is tied to the feet of the tied of pikmin, increasing a length of three pikmin and does heavy. Greater range, and greater damage. Lasts 1 minute.

TAUNT

Olimar nods at the camera while the pikmin take out signs saying, "HELP ME!", "RUN AWAY!", "MADMAN!", "SAVE US!"

Ah, there it is! I like it.
Haha! Indeed a comical moveset :)
I especially like your taunt, which reminds me of Spy Kids.
"Flupe is a madman help us save us!" repeat.

I think you could've added an example of how much damage the moves do to the opponent. But your moves were original :) However, I think you could've used something otherwise than Nunchucks, a few more times in the moveset.

Nontheless, I thought it was pretty awesome :)
(I really can't see Olimar's throws being that good though)

EDIT:
For anyone's concern:
In my moveset, I changed the stats from %'s, to ranks of Poor, Average, and High.
That should help give a better understanding.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Haha! Indeed a comical moveset :)
I especially like your taunt, which reminds me of Spy Kids.
"Flupe is a madman help us save us!" repeat.

I think you could've added an example of how much damage the moves do to the opponent. But your moves were original :) However, I think you could've used something otherwise than Nunchucks, a few more times in the moveset.

Nontheless, I thought it was pretty awesome :)
(I really can't see Olimar's throws being that good though)

EDIT:
For anyone's concern:
In my moveset, I changed the stats from %'s, to ranks of Poor, Average, and High.
That should help give a better understanding.
Lol, spy kids, i remember that part.

I would've added damage, but i was scared i'd mess up... plus it would take a while for me to get good percentages.

I think twice he used his helmet, ah oh well.

About the throws, i have two reasons for making his throws good.

1. His other stats in my opinion are low, so i chose throws to be good.

2. I thought like him swinging his nunchuk and the nunchuk grabs ahold of the foe and tosses him faraway. In my head it seems really cool to grab him by the pikmin nunchuk and tossing the foes around... yeah, maybe because its all in my head that it seems hard to picture for others.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Some suggestions for Olimar as a character:

He starts out with three Pikmin around him who follow him around, one of each color: Red, Yellow, Blue.

Perhaps his vB could be to uproot more Pikmin (there would be a max and a limit between pulls) so that he has more surrounding him.

He uses these Pikmin for his A-attacks and whatnot, and certain moves require him to "use up" the Pikmin so that his total number out goes down. (So, if he started with 3 and did one of these attacks, he'd have 2 out now.)

The Pikmin would follow Olimar around like in his game, sort of a Nana-esque type of thing. If Olimar gets hit and the Pikmin get lost (sort of like Nana did at times), they just get all upset and turn pale and are dormant. These Pikmin are then up for grabs (maybe a time limit on this, too) and can be picked up by other players as some sort of item to be used.

His recovery would be his jetpack, of course. So, his recovery should be decent. (But the Pikmin can be lost off the edge if he is knocked off, while others would be on the edge waiting for him to return.)

Other B attacks would be Pikmin color-specific. Use your imagination on that one.

That's all I have for now. Olimar would/will be one awesome Smasher!

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Well, the recovery is basically based off of the uB move, I can really see Pikmin lifting Olimar that high, enough to make a full recovery. But to keep balance, I had to add lag.
O.k, I could see that.

To tell you the truth, I've only played part of Pikmin I.
I've never really seen any White Pikmin, but I've done my research, and found poison xD
In Pikmin 2, Whites are resistant to poison and can only inflict damage when eaten.

Dude, you should definitely play Pikmin 2. I love the original, but the second game is better in just about every way.

Lol, only the red ones if I recall :) it makes the luck / chance of summoning Pikmin more interesting.
It would indeed. I imagine we'll see a lot of Nana-esque "GET OVER HERE YOU IDIOT!!!" moments.

I really think that five is enough, twenty would be too much spam I think.
True the Pikmin are easy to get rid of, but there are ways to avoid that.
For example, Olimar can grab the enemy, and wait for his Pikmin to completely "****" the opponent. Since I gave the Pikmin such high damage for each hit, I think that this is fair.

I see Olimar relying almost entirely on Pikmin, but we've gotta give some props to the character. His damage is semi-weak, but I think it balances out everything.
Having a large number of Pikmin would be fair - if this is balanced by the fact that they can all be taken out by a single Smash attack. Plus, plucking Pikmin would be time consuming and leavre Olimar vulnerable - making it a challenge to bet a descent sized army.

Oooops, i forgot to post my moveset yesterday! Read the stance please, it REALLY helps.

Stance- Olimar's body faces the camera, while his head is of course, facing the direction of where your facing. With his knees bent as well. Wait, whats this! He seemes to be holding a white pikmin in his left hand and a blue pikmin in his right hand by the throat! That's not all! There seems to be twp Red pikmin, and it's stem is tied to the stem of the Blue pikmin and White Pikmin! They willingly dangle by his sides.

Stats-
STRENGTH: D-
SPEED- C+
RECOVERY- B
WEIGHT- C-
THROWS- A+

STANDARD A

A - Olimar swings with both arms his Pikmin Nuchuks to his opposite side.

A A - He then removes them from his sides (with a swinging) and failing the Pikmin Nunchuks.

A A A - Then, he swings them up and they hit anything infront of him and at the very end anyone behind him gets smacked because the pikmin hits his own back.

Dash - The captain puts his helmet first and headbutts anyone in his path.

TILTS

A^ - Olimar swings with whichever hand is on the right of the screen above his head once.

Av - Olimar swings with the hand farthest away from you, while crouched down, sweeping people's feet.

A> - Olimar takes the nunchuk closest to you and brings it to the opposite side and swings across.

SMASH ATTACKS

A^ - Olimar shows turns away from you and swings with both nunchuks above his head.

Av - Olimar faces you and brings his arms in a X and then releases his arms on both sides, flailing the pikmin nunchuks.

A> - Olimar brings up his arm closest to you and swings down (yeah, can hit above him like Marth's.)

SPECIAL

B- Olimar swings both Nunchuks back to his backpack and instantly changes the pikmin tied up. Even though it is random, it is good to try to get better Pikmin on your Nunchuks. The pikmin you get on both Nunchuks is ALWAYS the same.

Red- You start with two of this one, it deals mild damage, and deals fire damage.

Yellow- It deals small damage, but has better knockback compared to some others, and deals small electrcity damage.

Blue- If you get this one, it does good damage, but small knockback.

White- This is a good pikmin. The attack become more swift, but deal low damage and low knockback, but you DO poison the foes if hit.

B> - Olimar swings both Nunchuks in a circle in front of him (small damage if hit by that) and petals from the Pikmin fly forward dealing rapid small damage.

B^ - Olimar swings above his head like a helicopter and flies up.

THROWS

Forward throw - Olimar swings and the pikmin that is tied up grabs the foe and Olimar brings him in to headbutt if you like and then when ready he then spins and hurls the opponent of the nunchuk. High Damage, and High Knockback.

Down Throw - Olimar swings and the pikmin that is tied up grabs the foe and Olimar brings him to headbutt if you like and then he raises the Nunchuk holding the foe up above him and then smashes against the ground, bouncing.

Upward Throw - After you headbutted the foe, and you choose to throw him up, Olimar spins him around in a circle dealing small damage and then the Pikmin lets go after a while and he is hurled upwards.

Back Throw - After you headbutted the foe, and you choose to throw him back, he smacks him off the ground (not doing as much when he does it in the Down throw) and then he swings the nunchuk back tossing behind his head.

ARIELS

Fair- Olimar swings with one nunchuk in a helicopter motion in front of him for a second.
Bair- Quickly swings the pikmin tied up behind him and quickly brings it back.
Dair- He rolls while swinging down with both Nunchuks (Meteor) and if close to the ground he will have to get back up because he rolls.
Nair- Olimar brings his legs up and faces you, and swings both nunchuks in a helicopter motion hitting anyone around him, very weak.
Upair- Headbutt.

SMASH ATTACK

Notice in the B attack, i did not include the Purple pikmin? Well, when you get your smash attack, its actually an upgrade. A purple pikmin is tied to the feet of the tied of pikmin, increasing a length of three pikmin and does heavy. Greater range, and greater damage. Lasts 1 minute.

TAUNT

Olimar nods at the camera while the pikmin take out signs saying, "HELP ME!", "RUN AWAY!", "MADMAN!", "SAVE US!"

Ah, there it is! I like it.
Clever stuff! :laugh:

Some suggestions for Olimar as a character:

He starts out with three Pikmin around him who follow him around, one of each color: Red, Yellow, Blue.
No argument there.

Perhaps his vB could be to uproot more Pikmin (there would be a max and a limit between pulls) so that he has more surrounding him.
What do you think the limit would be? My guess is twenty.

He uses these Pikmin for his A-attacks and whatnot, and certain moves require him to "use up" the Pikmin so that his total number out goes down. (So, if he started with 3 and did one of these attacks, he'd have 2 out now.)
Interesting idea. To be honest though , I would prefer if Olimar and Pikmin fought independently most of the time - though Olimar could give orders.

The Pikmin would follow Olimar around like in his game, sort of a Nana-esque type of thing. If Olimar gets hit and the Pikmin get lost (sort of like Nana did at times), they just get all upset and turn pale and are dormant. These Pikmin are then up for grabs (maybe a time limit on this, too) and can be picked up by other players as some sort of item to be used.
Maybe they could be stolen by other Olimar players.

His recovery would be his jetpack, of course. So, his recovery should be decent. (But the Pikmin can be lost off the edge if he is knocked off, while others would be on the edge waiting for him to return.)
Actually, it's an air tank - not a jetpack. Though I suppose they could GIVE him a jet pack for this game.

Other B attacks would be Pikmin color-specific. Use your imagination on that one.

That's all I have for now. Olimar would/will be one awesome Smasher!
Cool ideas Grim.

Olimar will indeed be awesome. I can't imagine him NOT being in Brawl.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by the grim lizard View Post
What do you think the limit would be? My guess is twenty.
That's what I was thinking, too.

Quote:
Interesting idea. To be honest though , I would prefer if Olimar and Pikmin fought independently most of the time - though Olimar could give orders.
Maybe a combination of the two, yah. Like in the game, you spam c-stick and order them to run around and do your bidding. I think they could just inflict damage running around...I dunno, there are a lot of possibilities with the Pikmin. I'm excited to see what they do.

Quote:
Actually, it's an air tank - not a jetpack. Though I suppose they could GIVE him a jet pack for this game.
Well, yeah, that's what I mean. I mean...he is a spaceman afterall. (Wait a second, how did he get into his ship again? I could have sworn he flew...did he just have a entrance ramp?)

Cool ideas Grim.

Vali

Smash Ace
Maybe a combination of the two, yah. Like in the game, you spam c-stick and order them to run around and do your bidding. I think they could just inflict damage running around...I dunno, there are a lot of possibilities with the Pikmin. I'm excited to see what they do.
Hmm wouldn't that take away the function of the C-stick such as Dairing and quick smashes? Would be a bit impractical to take away the normal controls for one character.

Well, yeah, that's what I mean. I mean...he is a spaceman afterall. (Wait a second, how did he get into his ship again? I could have sworn he flew...did he just have a entrance ramp?)
I believe he is sucked up into it, like the parts of the Dolphin are. Haven't played P1 in a while though, so don't hold me to that. Everyone seems to have this idea of Olimar and jetpacks, he's not your average bear!...er...spaceman.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Lol, spy kids, i remember that part.

I would've added damage, but i was scared i'd mess up... plus it would take a while for me to get good percentages.

I think twice he used his helmet, ah oh well.

About the throws, i have two reasons for making his throws good.

1. His other stats in my opinion are low, so i chose throws to be good.

2. I thought like him swinging his nunchuk and the nunchuk grabs ahold of the foe and tosses him faraway. In my head it seems really cool to grab him by the pikmin nunchuk and tossing the foes around... yeah, maybe because its all in my head that it seems hard to picture for others.
Well, it's a fun idea nontheless :)
You shouldn't really be scared about messing up the damage, that's what critique and discussion is for!

O.k, I could see that.

In Pikmin 2, Whites are resistant to poison and can only inflict damage when eaten.

Dude, you should definitely play Pikmin 2. I love the original, but the second game is better in just about every way.

It would indeed. I imagine we'll see a lot of Nana-esque "GET OVER HERE YOU IDIOT!!!" moments.

Having a large number of Pikmin would be fair - if this is balanced by the fact that they can all be taken out by a single Smash attack. Plus, plucking Pikmin would be time consuming and leavre Olimar vulnerable - making it a challenge to bet a descent sized army.
I've always wanted to try out Pikmin 2, but I've never gotten the chance to.
This summer I'm working with signs, getting 100 dollars a week. So if I actually commit to my job, then I could buy Pikmin 2 :)

I'm still "switchy" about whether or not Pikmin should have a lot or not.
It would take time for the Pikmin to grow, but not to be planted or plucked.
Also, while they're growing, they can't be destroyed.
Hrm... maybe we could even out our thoughts and make it 10-15? :)

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
I would love to see Olimar in Brawl. [ quick side note: Louie, while adorable, shoudn't be in Brawl, for the love of...]

I would think it cool were Olimar to use his jetpack for his ^B, but what if he tosses a pikmin like yoshi's ^B egg throw? that would be a little disappointing.

If he has a "pluck" move, the pikmin should gather around him to be used for some other unknown purpose. I don't think including the spicy/bitter sprays would be bad, but I think it would be cooler to use his whistle for a move, like if he either whistled at the opponent and made them stop for a small while, or if he whistles and then the gathered pikmin that he has around him attack in some form. Also, what kind of Final Smash could he have? The possibilities could be really fun.

Also, i would love to see a Pikmin stage in Brawl. I'd be happy with any level from either Pikmin 1 or 2, just as long as everything was huge around the fighters to make it seem like the fighters are tiny like Olimar was in his games.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i am now against plucking. takes too much time. he should always have 5 pikmin with him, one of each color, and if they die, then he loses that ability (a la Ice Climbers)

i know someone on this thread made a moveset like that. too lazy to look for it

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
i am now against plucking. takes too much time. he should always have 5 pikmin with him, one of each color, and if they die, then he loses that ability (a la Ice Climbers)

i know someone on this thread made a moveset like that. too lazy to look for it
I'm still all for it.
It's strategic, and would be very fun to perform in gameplay.
Planting would take the longest lag time, probably 1 second?
Growing the Pikmin is the longest wait, which I'll prefer to the original Pikmin game for this.
It should take about 5-10 seconds for the Pikmin to grow.
And then plucking them out of the ground should also be the same as in the games.

=/ seems fair and reasonable to me.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
I'm still all for it.
It's strategic, and would be very fun to perform in gameplay.
Planting would take the longest lag time, probably 1 second?
Growing the Pikmin is the longest wait, which I'll prefer to the original Pikmin game for this.
It should take about 5-10 seconds for the Pikmin to grow.
And then plucking them out of the ground should also be the same as in the games.

=/ seems fair and reasonable to me.
I think you should just pluck them, and if you hold the 'pluck button' for an extra second its a bud, and if two extra, a flower... no planting...

mista_mista

Smash Journeyman
I've never played Pikmin 2, just the first one, and I think captain olimar would fit in pretty good in Brawl. Like many people have said, his b moves could revolve around pikmin and each color has different powers. Olimar for brawl!

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
I think you should just pluck them, and if you hold the 'pluck button' for an extra second its a bud, and if two extra, a flower... no planting...
In the original, the Onion planted the seeds, which took a decent time to grow (but nothing too long). I think that the game should be as realistic as possible to the game it's originating from.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
In the original, the Onion planted the seeds, which took a decent time to grow (but nothing too long). I think that the game should be as realistic as possible to the game it's originating from.
Well, that would be a pain and you could easily be at an advantage if you could'nt get to your planted pikmin, or the fact you need them NOW not later... And if your having that problem, it'll be a problem to plant one where you are...

And because that the onion does it, not olimar, it doesn't make it all that more original, so it's inferior to plucking without the planting.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Well, that would be a pain and you could easily be at an advantage if you could'nt get to your planted pikmin, or the fact you need them NOW not later... And if your having that problem, it'll be a problem to plant one where you are...

And because that the onion does it, not olimar, it doesn't make it all that more original, so it's inferior to plucking without the planting.
Agreed...no to planting. Peach didn't have to plant her turnips. There are a lot of shortcuts they take in Smash that aren't true to the games, but this is because of fairness...

Just pluck them with no planting. This is in every way superior. I mean..you're going to be at enough of a disadvantage just plucking...we don't need to add planting to it.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Looni, this thread made me dig out from under my bed and find Pikmin.
I completely all 30 days :) what a fun game.
I still need to play Pikmin 2.

And, I think that planting would make it more fun, and strategic.
Olimar wouldn't be completely useless if he didn't have Pikmin (according to my moveset).

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
ok, plucking does have a strategic way i guess, however i think olimar should START with a certain number (5, one of each) and when one dies, he should be able to pluck more. i don't like the idea of starting out with nothing and having to run away and pluck before everyone else gangs up on me

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
ok, plucking does have a strategic way i guess, however i think olimar should START with a certain number (5, one of each) and when one dies, he should be able to pluck more. i don't like the idea of starting out with nothing and having to run away and pluck before everyone else gangs up on me
Yeah, and planting will only make that worse.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
i did read them, but you directly quoted me, so i ASSUME you were stating something i didn't actually say
Don't assume. I didn't mean to be that way, i just hate when people don't even read the last page of posts before posting, sorry. That doesn't seem to be the case, but don't assume.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i assume all the time, it's my nature.

like how i ASSUME Ridley is confirmed because they played the Ridley Boss Music on the main site.

but i voiced my opinion nonetheless on planting. it seems like a big pain in the a**

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
i assume all the time, it's my nature.

like how i ASSUME Ridley is confirmed because they played the Ridley Boss Music on the main site.

but i voiced my opinion nonetheless on planting. it seems like a big pain in the a**
Yeah, lol. Me too, but i meant assuming someone meant something in a post.

And yes, yes it does seem so.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
I definatly do not object. although a pairing with him and his partner from Pikmin 2 to become 1 char would definatly be something that could be considered.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Olimar and Louie (is it?) wouldn't be a good idea to pair up. As colbusman said, it worked out for the Ice Climbers, but it needs to stop there. What we really need is a triplet team! Olimar, Louie, and.... Bowser FTW!

Zeela12

Smash Ace
Olimar and Louie (is it?) wouldn't be a good idea to pair up. As colbusman said, it worked out for the Ice Climbers, but it needs to stop there. What we really need is a triplet team! Olimar, Louie, and.... Bowser FTW!
lol... bowser...

meh I guess the 2 wont really make a good pair, it would be too crowded and unoriginal anyways...

although it would be kinda cool if theres always like a bunch of pikmin following him and he uses them to attack? and in order to get more he has to pull them from the ground like peach?

lol that would be funny.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Zeela, there are plenty of movesets in this post, and most of them contain plucking / planting Pikmin. :) go take a look and comment on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom