• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Olimar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
When/If Pikmin 3 comes out, it will be AMAZING as long as they can come up with another reason for Olimar to go back to the Pikmin Planet.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
why can no one just settle on, "there are pros AND cons to including clone. for characters the pros outweight the cons, for others vice-versa."

anyways.......i like oli's helmut.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
@Petre, I believe that should read "Quote: Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad" rather than me.
lol yeah, but you cant edit messages now for some reason. the original post i quoted has a bunch of those
person said:
things randomly at the beginning of it for some reason, so that probably messed me up.

and dynamic, we cant agree, because if we were all like 'yeah, we're both right. lets be friends' then we'd be like 'ok...what now?'. then there would be a huge stretch of silence. it would be really boring. we're just entertaining ourselves.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
lol yeah, but you cant edit messages now for some reason. the original post i quoted has a bunch of those
person said:
things randomly at the beginning of it for some reason, so that probably messed me up.

and dynamic, we cant agree, because if we were all like 'yeah, we're both right. lets be friends' then we'd be like 'ok...what now?'. then there would be a huge stretch of silence. it would be really boring. we're just entertaining ourselves.
not at all, theres plenty of other things we could argue about. :psycho: the clone argument has just become a little stale to me.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Heh, i was just about to say i'm done arguing, but i guess that's already been done. Yay! If there is a Pikmin 3 , i'd be suprised. Why? Pikmin was something new and it sold well, and the buyers were dissapointed... Nintendo saw the good sales and decided to make another one, but the buyers hated the first so the second sold horribly...

Chances are, no third pikmin installment... but it would be totally awesome, and if theres a fourth Smash, then it'll would be awesome for some awesome Pikmin 3 stuff in it.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Heh, i was just about to say i'm done arguing, but i guess that's already been done. Yay! If there is a Pikmin 3 , i'd be suprised. Why? Pikmin was something new and it sold well, and the buyers were dissapointed... Nintendo saw the good sales and decided to make another one, but the buyers hated the first so the second sold horribly...

Chances are, no third pikmin installment... but it would be totally awesome, and if theres a fourth Smash, then it'll would be awesome for some awesome Pikmin 3 stuff in it.
I can't believe that ANYONE could feel anything but love and respect for Pikmin 1. Easy one of the most creative and brilliant games of all time.

Even though I would give a kidney to see Pikmin 3, I to kinds doubt that we'll see a new Pikmin for a while. At least Battaleon Wars 2 is coming out this September - which is kind of a spiritual sequel to Pikmin (only with guns and tanks).

Vali

Smash Ace

What are you basing this on exactly? As Wiseguy said, Pikmin 1 was freakin' awesome. I've yet to hear anyone say anything bad about it, and the fact you say that everyone who bought Pikmin 1 hated it is more than a bit inaccurate. Pikmin 2 has sold over 1 million copies, which isn't bad seeming that Pikmin 1 sold 1.6, was on the market for an extra 3 years and benefitted from having a music single of one of it's tunes released in Japan. Considering that the GC ended it's lifespan and you can no longer buy Pikmin 2 in stores, there's still a lot of people that may not have picked it up. I had to buy it from Ebay :(.

Secondly, there's not many franchises that release two games in total that are both very well received by critics at least and sell over 1 million copies each. No 3rd installment? That'd be like Nintendo kicking themselves in the nuts. A game like Pikmin which I think has some appeal to the casual gamer too, since it's quite light, fun and stylised, will probably sell really well on Wii, especially if they bring back more Pikmin adverts like the one for Pikmin 2 :chuckle:.

Lastly, Smash Bros. games seem to be following a 1-per-console trend. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see Smash Bros. 4 until Nintendo's next console, and Pikmin had 2 installments on the GC. Going by that, it's more likely to see Pikmin 4 than Smash Bros. 4.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
What's with Smashboards today? I can't edit out my idiotic spelling errors...

Anyhoo, while I share your reverance for the Pikmin series Vali, I can't say I share your optimism that we'll see a third game sooner rather than later. I hope I'm wrong, but that's just my inclination at the moment.

Which is precisely why having Olimar in Brawl is so important. Appearing in Smash Bros would cause gamers everywhere (who may not have played his games) to realize how awesome he is. Then, when copies of Pikmin 2 start getting snatched up Nintendo will feel inclined to continue the series on Wii or DS.

Vali

Smash Ace
Any games being sold will either be by non-big retailers (I remember now, that's where I got a brand new copy from, but that was after searching on the Ebay marketplace or something) or 2nd-hand, so Nintendo won't benefit from it. Olimar's inclusion in Brawl will be for repping Pikmin 3 :grin:.

Trust me though, there'll be a 3rd one in the works right now and get revealed at E3 come July. Pikmin 1 -> Late '01, Pikmin 2 -> Late '04, Pikmin 3 -> Late '07/Early '08. It's one of Nintendo's only new franchises to arise from the GC era and I doubt Nintendo won't branch it out further on Wii for afore mentioned reasons.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Any games being sold will either be by non-big retailers (I remember now, that's where I got a brand new copy from, but that was after searching on the Ebay marketplace or something) or 2nd-hand, so Nintendo won't benefit from it. Olimar's inclusion in Brawl will be for repping Pikmin 3 :grin:.

Trust me though, there'll be a 3rd one in the works right now and get revealed at E3 come July. Pikmin 1 -> Late '01, Pikmin 2 -> Late '04, Pikmin 3 -> Late '07/Early '08. It's one of Nintendo's only new franchises to arise from the GC era and I doubt Nintendo won't branch it out further on Wii for afore mentioned reasons.
I know that Nintendo probably wouldn't make much more money off of a resurgance in Pikmin 2 demand, but they might get inundated with requested from retailers aking for more copies of the game. That might get things moving...

But you're right, if there is a third Pikmin title in the works we're sure to hear about it at E3. But with Miamoto busy with Galaxy and whatnot, who could be helming the project? Miamoto is the mastermind behind Pikmin, afterall.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
The mass majority of the buyers hated how you are constantly timed, so they were disgusted with it and didn't want to touch Pikmin 2. My source of this knowledge... i can't remember... lol it was on a site a long time ago... a VERY log time ago, heck, even Pikmin 2 is an old game... so my memory can't store such knowledge and keep it... for long.

I, loved Pikmin 1, but it's the truth...

Vali

Smash Ace
Which part of the timing aspect? The day cycle was absolutely fine, and the main game gave players PLENTY of time to complete it in. On my first run through I was done in about 20 days, the timelimit wasn't particuarly restricting to the point where the majority of people that played it wouldn't buy a sequal which removed the 30 day timelimit. Something on one site a very long time ago that everyone hated Pikmin is incredibly unlikely to even be true, and a Pikmin fan such as yourself shouldn't quote things like that as fact (especially if your memory is too hazy to even remember the site itself :chuckle:). Sites proclaiming such things are generally wrong anyway and I stand by the fact that I reckon you could find a site saying practically anything about everything on the web.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Which part of the timing aspect? The day cycle was absolutely fine, and the main game gave players PLENTY of time to complete it in. On my first run through I was done in about 20 days, the timelimit wasn't particuarly restricting to the point where the majority of people that played it wouldn't buy a sequal which removed the 30 day timelimit. Something on one site a very long time ago that everyone hated Pikmin is incredibly unlikely to even be true, and a Pikmin fan such as yourself shouldn't quote things like that as fact (especially if your memory is too hazy to even remember the site itself :chuckle:). Sites proclaiming such things are generally wrong anyway and I stand by the fact that I reckon you could find a site saying practically anything about everything on the web.
Well, I don't believe everything i find on th internet, but it does explain why there isn't a Pikmin 3 already, if it sold well, i'd think they tried to release the third one as quickly as possible, which i think they did after the first one...

The time limit only bothered me because I was always in a hurry but it didn't get in the way.

I do hope the site and myself is wrong, Pikmin is kickass...

Hmmmm... there is a lot of different types of movesets on this thread, one of them has to be remotely close or has the idea... I will try to make another moveset with a different basis to try to basically cover any possible moveset... That would be sweet if someone was close :)

Like my sig? vvv DRD made it, i reccomend you guys check out his shop and ask for a creation.

Vali

Smash Ace
Looks really good, was thinking of where I could snatch me some of that ^^. I explained in one of my earlier posts why I think we'll see P3 this year and a late 07 release will tie in exactly to the release of P2 in relation to P1, at least by Japan's release dates.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Looks really good, was thinking of where I could snatch me some of that ^^. I explained in one of my earlier posts why I think we'll see P3 this year and a late 07 release will tie in exactly to the release of P2 in relation to P1, at least by Japan's release dates.
Yeah, small chance there will be a Pikmin 3... and if there is... two new pikmin!? Lol, brown and green pikmin... ah terrible colors... pink and black? YEAH! That would be beyond sweet lol... What would they do?

And the could possibly appear in brawl, depends on the release though, BUT Roy wasn't out yet in Melee...

Vali

Smash Ace
There's a whole untapped reservoir of Pikmin colours they've already introduced to us but haven't expanded on. Remember back to the best ending of Pikmin 1 (all of the parts) where all the pikmin in their onions come to see you leave. I'm banking on black and orange, obviously some of the cooler colours, but green/pink...any of those shown could work. I can't remember what colours they were though >.>.

Orange, pink, light blue, green, black, purple, white and silver according to Wikipedia. They expanded on purple and white, so that leaves orange, pink, light blue, green, black and silver. Out of those colour to pick 3 I'd probably go for orange, black and green in that preference. As long as it was a lightish green and not some obnoxious dark green.

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
There's a whole untapped reservoir of Pikmin colours they've already introduced to us but haven't expanded on. Remember back to the best ending of Pikmin 1 (all of the parts) where all the pikmin in their onions come to see you leave. I'm banking on black and orange, obviously some of the cooler colours, but green/pink...any of those shown could work. I can't remember what colours they were though >.>.

Orange, pink, light blue, green, black, purple, white and silver according to Wikipedia. They expanded on purple and white, so that leaves orange, pink, light blue, green, black and silver. Out of those colour to pick 3 I'd probably go for orange, black and green in that preference. As long as it was a lightish green and not some obnoxious dark green.
I agree with Orange, Black, and Green.

The Light Green ones would have big feet and be able to withstand strong winds. :)
Orange and Black...Idk.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace

Oh yeah! I forgot all about that... hm... That opens some doors now...

Lol, some could fly, explode (probably not lol), and uh... i can't think of anything else.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
well the black ones you wouldnt be able to see in dark caves, and if you had a large swarm with you they could cover you and you could sneak by enemies. for orange...they would taste like carrots? you could eat them to recover health. or if youre just feeling evil. (you guys cant tell me you never had at least one time in a pikmin game where an evil came over you and you were forced to run into the water with all your red pikmin to see if theyd make it to the other side)

Vali

Smash Ace
Never happened to me, sorry Petre, you're just pure evil. Black ones I like the idea of using the shadows, think the sneaking bit would be semi-useless though since a purple **** squad would probably be easier. One good idea, 'cause I just thought it up, would be that black pikmin would benefit from not being eaten if forgotten at sunset, due to blending in with the dark. That'd be pretty awesome, always feel really guilty if there's a couple of pikmin I forget and they get killed :urg:. Orange maybe just treat them like Pikpik carrots and throw them at the enemy just to piss him off rather than actually do any damage? Na seriously orange could be weak but sticky, so you throw them onto an enemy and it takes a really powerful knock or several weaker knocks to dislodge them. Then they could work in some puzzles that involved using that ability, or just using them like purple pikmin as primary damage dealers and not involved much in puzzles (if at all). I like the idea of green being wind resistant, it's just what I was thinking of =].

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I just got a lot of ideas...

Light Green
Body Part: Feet
Immunity: Strong Winds & Ice
Ability: Oversized feet enables them to walk through areas that have strong winds or icy surfaces, which scatters any other type of Pikmin.

Black
Body Part: Teeth
Immunity: None
Ability: Sharp teeth enables them to eat through cracked walls, opening paths for other Pikmin that were previously unreachable.

Orange
Body Part: Hands
Immunity: Explosions
Ability: The stems on top of their heads have bomb rocks instead of leaves, and using their oversized hands, they are able to handle the bombs, using them against powerful enemies and impenetrable steel walls.

Wow, this is really off-topic.

Uh...OLIMAR FOR BRAWL!

Vali

Smash Ace
Hmm I'd prefer

Light green: Small spikes on feet give them traction, preventing them from slipping on steep inclines or getting blown away by windy conditions. Large feet would look silly :laugh:.

Orange: Able to make their body sticky and adhesive so that they stick to enemies making them harder to shake off, able to glue any oranges currently selected in place at the press of the 1 button meaning they can't move, but can't be blown away/run around etc. either.

Black: Err...let's think about this one...resistant to the effects of sunset, so can be left unattended overnight and will have made their way back to the landing spot (if possible) by day or otherwise will be where you left them. If they introduced a new dark element and made them resistant to that (like they did with posion) that'd be fine, but I also like being able to break through rocks (although you could argue bomb rocks should make a return for yellows and eating their way through rocks seems a bit impractical). Maybe headbutting cracked walls to death like the other pikmin headbutt gates.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
Hard to believe I havn't posted here before. Olimar belongs in Brawl, hope he's included.........

wonder what an Olimar Kirby would look like :p
i hope he gets the helmut that just covers his whole body-head-thingo. then he could just roll round the stage. either that or he gets the little angler fish light bulb, thatd be cool.

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
The only problem with that is, if the orange Pikmin can make themselves sticky, why wouldn't they also be able to go up hills and resist wind, like the green ones?

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
The only problem with that is, if the orange Pikmin can make themselves sticky, why wouldn't they also be able to go up hills and resist wind, like the green ones?
Dis is true...

The Black Pikmin could go invisible when it gets dark. But, Pikmin 1 and 2 don't let you stay long when it gets dark, but that could be a new addition. If it would, perfect for getting by enemies... but if they go after you theres a possibility it'll hit the pikmin on accident.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Captain Olimar is one of the characters that I'm most hyped about, and I'd be very disappointed to not see him in Brawl. Just imagine the Pikmin spam..!

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
Hmm. I still like my original ideas for the Green and Orange, but the Black could be anything, really.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
My very first moveset I have made (in complete) for any character.
Proving, I really do hope that Olimar is in Brawl. =/
Well, anyways, here's the moveset I've come up with.
Critique would be appreciated. Thoughts and opinions welcomed.

EDIT: [2007.6.11]
Throws, stats, and Pikmin abilities added!

Captain Olimar's Moveset

A Button:

A: Jab
% 2

A + A: Jab + Kick
% 5

A + A + A Jab + Kick + Mini-headbutt
% 8

Description of Combination: This would be a very fast move to perform, and the opponent can't escape until it's done (though they can easily avoid it because of it's short range). However, after the mini-headbutt is performed, Captain Olimar is delayed from moving for a short time of 2 seconds.

Tilts:

fA: Low Kick
Description: Similar to Falco's low kick, only in shorter range since Olimar has so 'em so short. Very fast performance, almost no lag.
% 4

dA: Slide Kick
Description: Olimar slides around starting from the opposite direction which he was facing, and then spins around to knock the opponent over.
% 3

uA: Uppercut
Description: An uppercut very similar to Mario's, a simple move which will affect the opponent rather well.
% 9

Smash:

fA: Mega Punch (no, not the Poke'mon move!)
Description: A force punch, which will send your opponent flying! Short range is included, however.
% 20

dA: Mega Kick (again, no, not the Poke'mon move!)
Description: A strong kick the can work facing either direct, Olimar does the splits and spreads his legs out to the direction which they're facing! (both sides)
% 10

uA: Headbutt
Description: How can you not see Olimar using a headbutt, with his bowl-shaped-helm? A powerful attack as strong as Fox's uA. Delay of 2 seconds afterwards. (PUNISHMENT!!)
% 20

Air Combat:

fair: Smash Anti-Spike
Description: Captain Olimar uses his bowl helmet to smash the opponent toward the ground, which sends them flying up into the... sky? Opposite of reverse order! Such as Dr. Mario's fair in Melee.
% 15

bair: Pikmin Offense
Description: Very similar to Mr. Game & Watch's bair. The only difference is mainly that the turtle is a Pikmin. Sorry for the cloning =/ that's what I think his bair should be though.
% 10 (if hit fully)

dair: Pikmin Offense 2
Description: Olimar uses a Pikmin to spike into the ground as he falls, if hit on an opponent correctly, it will send them hurtling towards the bottom! If uses (and missed), and you end up hitting the ground, short lag will display to put get up.
% 15

uair: Pikmin Offense 3
Description: A move which is odd, yet original. Olimar simply throws a Pikmin into the sky. No slide or boost of any way will occur when this happens, so you might not want to use it if you're trying to recover!
% 10

B Button:

B: Whistle
Description: Creates a command for the Pikmin, either attack, or halt.
% N/A

fB: Pikmin Protect
Description: Olimar throws out a random Pikmin in front of him, to save him from damage caused by projectile moves (physical attacks are superior to this protection). This move does not cause any damage to the opponent.
% 0

dB: Pick the Pikmin
Description: Olimar plants seeds into the ground (yes, even if it's solid / stone). He waits for a decent amount of time, and then the Pikmin grow. In order to get the Pikmin, you stand over where you planted them, and press A to pick them up. When this is done, you have the Pikmin in your hand. You either press (any direction) + A, to throw them. Or you hold down, to put them at your side. When placed at your side, then the B move comes to use. (15 Pikmin can be used at a time as a limit). Pikmin can be destroyed as easy as a Goomba in Adventure (melee). The color of the Pikmin picked are equally random, abilities explained below.
% N/A (depends on Pikmin, and if they hit)

uB: Save Olimar!
Description: Pikmin (two) come out from sides of the stage and race toward Olimar, grab him by the arms, and lift him toward which direction he commands! (yeah, you get to control your uB for once! control stick is used for controlling the uB) Olimar can recover from almost anywhere in the stage! The only problem is that it takes a little while for the Pikmin to catch Olimar, so practice the timing! No damage done to any opponents.
% 0

Other:

Final Smash: Pikmin Galore
Description: Yup, you've probably guessed it. More Pikmin! The Final Smash acts like your dBmove, and it works with your B move as well. The only difference is that you get a number of 25 Pikmin, instead of 5. They also don't have to be planted, they are pre-planted for you! They instantly pop up out of the ground! Also, your dB move can't occur while the Final Smash is in play.
% N/A (depends on Pikmin, and if they hit)

Taunt: I don't need Pikmin!
Description: Just something I thought of. Olimar will punch at the air a few times, and do some "tough guy" fighting, to prove he doesn't need Pikmin! If an opponent gets near him while performing his taunt, then they will get a maximum amount of damage applied.
% 5

Throws:

fThrow: Ground Slam
Description: Olimar grabs you with both of his arms and flips you around to follow by a smash into the ground. This throw can not kill you, even if you're at the maximum amount of damage percentage! It's a very weak throw, but stuns the opponent for a decent time afterwards, opening some combo options.
% 5

dThrow: Body Stomp
Description: Olimar smacks you into the ground, and jumps a mighty stomp onto you! With high damage you'll go soaring up into the sky!
% 10

bThrow: Pikmin Throw Combo
Description: Olimar grabs you, and performs a simple toss to his backside. Quickly, he randomly gets a Pikmin from thin air, and throws it at the opponent (it won't hit ALL of the time, but can do some pretty decent damage depending on the Pikmin).
% N/A

uThrow: Pikmin Throw Combo 2
Description: Olimar grabs you, and performs a simple toss toward the sky. Quickly, he randomly gets a Pikmin from thin air, and throws it at the opponent (it won't hit ALL of the time, but can do some pretty decent damage depending on the Pikmin).
% N/A

Stats:
Weight: Poor
Recovery: High
Speed: Average
Power: Poor
Throw: Average

Pikmin:

Purple:
The most powerful Pikmin to summon, a strong ally that will help you in any situation! Purple Pikmin can not be thrown far, as an addition to their status.
% 15
Probability: 10%

Red:
A more common Pikmin, the red Pikmin has no special abilities, in fact, it has some disadvantages! Red Pikmin have a nack to not follow to your commands, so be careful with them!
% 5
Probability: 20%

White:
Another very useful Pikmin in battle! The white Pikmin has a special ability to transfer poison to any opponent that gets to near to it! Also, the poison will affect any player that kills the white Pikmin.
% 15

Yellow:
An electrified Pikmin! If this Pikmin gets anywhere too close to an opponent, they will get a harsh shock received! This ability does not work if the Pikmin is killed, it is a short range tactic. The yellow Pikmin has the farthest throwing distance.
% 10

Blue:
The most common Pikmin to be summoned! The blue Pikmin is the most ineffective Pikmin there is, but comes to your aid regularly! The blue Pikmin is very weak, and does not have a good throwing range! However, they always listen to your commands! At least they're reliable!
% 2
Probability: 40%

And there you have it!
Constructive critique appreciated,

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
My very first moveset I have made (in complete) for any character.
Proving, I really do hope that Olimar is in Brawl. =/
Well, anyways, here's the moveset I've come up with.
Critique would be appreciated. Thoughts and opinions welcomed.

Captain Olimar's Moveset

A Button:

A: Jab
% 2

A + A: Jab + Kick
% 5

A + A + A Jab + Kick + Mini-headbutt
% 8

Description of Combination: This would be a very fast move to perform, and the opponent can't escape until it's done (though they can easily avoid it because of it's short range). However, after the mini-headbutt is performed, Captain Olimar is delayed from moving for a short time of 2 seconds.

Tilts:

fA: Low Kick
Description: Similar to Falco's low kick, only in shorter range since Olimar has so 'em so short. Very fast performance, almost no lag.
% 4

dA: Slide Kick
Description: Olimar slides around starting from the opposite direction which he was facing, and then spins around to knock the opponent over.
% 3

uA: Uppercut
Description: An uppercut very similar to Mario's, a simple move which will affect the opponent rather well.
% 9

Smash:

fA: Mega Punch (no, not the Poke'mon move!)
Description: A force punch, which will send your opponent flying! Short range is included, however.
% 20

dA: Mega Kick (again, no, not the Poke'mon move!)
Description: A strong kick the can work facing either direct, Olimar does the splits and spreads his legs out to the direction which they're facing! (both sides)
% 10

uA: Headbutt
Description: How can you not see Olimar using a headbutt, with his bowl-shaped-helm? A powerful attack as strong as Fox's uA. Delay of 2 seconds afterwards. (PUNISHMENT!!)
% 20

Air Combat:

fair: Smash Anti-Spike
Description: Captain Olimar uses his bowl helmet to smash the opponent toward the ground, which sends them flying up into the... sky? Opposite of reverse order! Such as Dr. Mario's fair in Melee.
% 15

bair: Pikmin Offense
Description: Very similar to Mr. Game & Watch's bair. The only difference is mainly that the turtle is a Pikmin. Sorry for the cloning =/ that's what I think his bair should be though.
% 10 (if hit fully)

dair: Pikmin Offense 2
Description: Olimar uses a Pikmin to spike into the ground as he falls, if hit on an opponent correctly, it will send them hurtling towards the bottom! If uses (and missed), and you end up hitting the ground, short lag will display to put get up.
% 15

uair: Pikmin Offense 3
Description: A move which is odd, yet original. Olimar simply throws a Pikmin into the sky. No slide or boost of any way will occur when this happens, so you might not want to use it if you're trying to recover!
% 10

B Button:

B: Whistle
Description: Creates a command for the Pikmin, either attack, or halt.
% N/A

fB: Pikmin Protect
Description: Olimar throws out a random Pikmin in front of him, to save him from damage caused by projectile moves (physical attacks are superior to this protection). This move does not cause any damage to the opponent.
% 0

dB: Pick the Pikmin
Description: Olimar plants seeds into the ground (yes, even if it's solid / stone). He waits for a decent amount of time, and then the Pikmin grow. In order to get the Pikmin, you stand over where you planted them, and press A to pick them up. When this is done, you have the Pikmin in your hand. You either press (any direction) + A, to throw them. Or you hold down, to put them at your side. When placed at your side, then the B move comes to use. (5 Pikmin can be used at a time as a limit). Pikmin can be destroyed as easy as a Goomba in Adventure (melee). The color of the Pikmin picked are equally random, and they do not have any special abilities.
% 5 Pikmin = 50 (if they hit / are not killed)

uB: Save Olimar!
Description: Pikmin (two) come out from sides of the stage and race toward Olimar, grab him by the arms, and lift him toward which direction he commands! (yeah, you get to control your uB for once! control stick is used for controlling the uB) No damage done to any opponents.
% 0

Other:

Final Smash: Pikmin Galore
Description: Yup, you've probably guessed it. More Pikmin! The Final Smash acts like your dBmove, and it works with your B move as well. The only difference is that you get a number of 15 Pikmin, instead of 5. They also don't have to be planted, they are pre-planted for you! They instantly pop up out of the ground! Also, your dB move can't occur while the Final Smash is in play.
% 15 Pikmin = 150 (if they hit / are not killed)

Taunt: I don't need Pikmin!
Description: Just something I thought of. Olimar will punch at the air a few times, and do some "tough guy" fighting, to prove he doesn't need Pikmin! If an opponent gets near him while performing his taunt, then they will get a maximum amount of damage applied.
% 5

And there you have it!
Wow, Olimar really does lend himself well to some really creative movesets! First Vali's masterpiece, and now Green shell has produced a great moveset that I could definitely see working - though I must admit that giving Pikmin no special abilties seems like a missed opportunity (can we at least have more poweful Purples?). But great job nonetheless. You clearly put some thought into this. :)

Also, awesome new sig Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad!

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Olimar would be the best Brawl character EVER. With the possible exception of Metaknight.
Pikmin RULES, and Sakurai needs to recognize one of the most brilliant game series ever by putting its hero in Brawl.
Purple Pikmin are AWESOME.
White Pikmin should have the same effect as poison mushrooms. :D

Vali

Smash Ace
They'd be able to stick to slopes and possibly resistant wind effects, but you could make it so that very strong winds still blow them away meaning you can design dungeons that you can only access with orange and green, then build the challenges around that. Also they wouldn't be able to walk up the slopes, because they'd need to unstick to move and that would cause them to slide down. I was thinking about the mechanics, which could either be all selected stick on 1, all non selected stick on 1 or auto-stick after being thrown by Olimar, all 3 could work but I think the last is probably best.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Wow, Olimar really does lend himself well to some really creative movesets! First Vali's masterpiece, and now Green shell has produced a great moveset that I could definitely see working - though I must admit that giving Pikmin no special abilties seems like a missed opportunity (can we at least have more poweful Purples?). But great job nonetheless. You clearly put some thought into this. :)

Thank you, i chose to have DRD put Future Olimar Master because he has a GREAT chance of being in. He's a trophy in Melee (like 3 of the newcomers are), Sakurai (i think) likes him, the games are great, chance of a Pikmin 3 coming are way, and he's popular.

Go to Arts and Emporium and ask for a sig! He's really good.

Later today i'll post a moveset about him using pikmin as Nunchuks lol.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman

Thanks! :)
I just tried to make Olimar balanced out, that's why I didn't include special Pikmin techniques. Glad that you liked my moveset :)

Edit:
I've edited my post!
I've now Pikmin abilities, throws, and Olimar's stats!
Please check them out and critique 'em! :)

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Thank you, i chose to have DRD put Future Olimar Master because he has a GREAT chance of being in. He's a trophy in Melee (like 3 of the newcomers are), Sakurai (i think) likes him, the games are great, chance of a Pikmin 3 coming are way, and he's popular.

Go to Arts and Emporium and ask for a sig! He's really good.

Later today i'll post a moveset about him using pikmin as Nunchuks lol.
It's no longer a question of whether Olimar will get in, but how he could possibly be ommitted.

To be honest, I'm already working on my own Olimar sig. I should have it finished before the end of the week, but I'm a notorious procrastinator so don't hold me to that.

I'll look forward to reading your moveset. :)

Thanks! :)
I just tried to make Olimar balanced out, that's why I didn't include special Pikmin techniques. Glad that you liked my moveset :)

Edit:
I've edited my post!
I've now Pikmin abilities, throws, and Olimar's stats!
Please check them out and critique 'em! :)
Will do.

Throws:

fThrow: Ground Slam
Description: Olimar grabs you with both of his arms and flips you around to follow by a smash into the ground. This throw can not kill you, even if you're at the maximum amount of damage percentage! It's a very weak throw, but stuns the opponent for a decent time afterwards, opening some combo options.
% 5

dThrow: Body Stomp
Description: Olimar smacks you into the ground, and jumps a mighty stomp onto you! With high damage you'll go soaring up into the sky!
% 10

bThrow: Pikmin Throw Combo
Description: Olimar grabs you, and performs a simple toss to his backside. Quickly, he randomly gets a Pikmin from thin air, and throws it at the opponent (it won't hit ALL of the time, but can do some pretty decent damage depending on the Pikmin).
% N/A

uThrow: Pikmin Throw Combo 2
Description: Olimar grabs you, and performs a simple toss toward the sky. Quickly, he randomly gets a Pikmin from thin air, and throws it at the opponent (it won't hit ALL of the time, but can do some pretty decent damage depending on the Pikmin).
% N/A

Stats:
Weight: 68%
Recovery: 91%
Speed: 75%
Power: 61%
Throw: 71%
I like your throws, particularily the part where Olimar throws the Pikmin at them.

Your stats seem pretty well balanced, though I wouldn't imagine Olimar having such great recovery (he never jumps once in bhis games, afterall).

Pikmin:

Purple:
The most powerful Pikmin to summon, a strong ally that will help you in any situation! Purple Pikmin can not be thrown far, as an addition to their status.
% 15

Red:
A more common Pikmin, the red Pikmin has no special abilities, in fact, it has some disadvantages! Red Pikmin have a nack to not follow to your commands, so be careful with them!
% 5

White:
Another very useful Pikmin in battle! The white Pikmin has a special ability to transfer poison to any opponent that gets to near to it! Also, the poison will affect any player that kills the white Pikmin.
% 15

Yellow:
An electrified Pikmin! If this Pikmin gets anywhere too close to an opponent, they will get a harsh shock received! This ability does not work if the Pikmin is killed, it is a short range tactic. The yellow Pikmin has the farthest throwing distance.
% 10

Blue:
The most common Pikmin to be summoned! The blue Pikmin is the most ineffective Pikmin there is, but comes to your aid regularly! The blue Pikmin is very weak, and does not have a good throwing range! However, they always listen to your commands! At least they're reliable!
% 2
Probability: 40%

And there you have it!
While some of these abilities aren't from the games, I like them nevertheless. Allowing the Whites to inflict poison damage, for example, would make sense since their in game ability (finding hidden treasure) isn't all that useful in battle.

Sometimes your Pikmin don't follow orders!? :laugh: That could prove frusterating, but also lead to some hilarious moments.

Upon reading your movset a second time, it occurs to me that maybe Olimar should be able to spawn more than five Pikmin at a time if they can be taken out with just about any attack (like goombas). I'd say at least twenty would be a fair number. This could be balanced by making Olimar's attacks unusually weak - forcing him to rely on the attack power of his army of dopy minions.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
It's no longer a question of whether Olimar will get in, but how he could possibly be ommitted.

To be honest, I'm already working on my own Olimar sig. I should have it finished before the end of the week, but I'm a notorious procrastinator so don't hold me to that.

I'll look forward to reading your moveset. :)

Will do.

I like your throws, particularily the part where Olimar throws the Pikmin at them.

Your stats seem pretty well balanced, though I wouldn't imagine Olimar having such great recovery (he never jumps once in bhis games, afterall).

While some of these abilities aren't from the games, I like them nevertheless. Allowing the Whites to inflict poison damage, for example, would make sense since their in game ability (finding hidden treasure) isn't all that useful in battle.

Sometimes your Pikmin don't follow orders!? :laugh: That could prove frusterating, but also lead to some hilarious moments.

Upon reading your movset a second time, it occurs to me that maybe Olimar should be able to spawn more than five Pikmin at a time if they can be taken out with just about any attack (like goombas). I'd say at least twenty would be a fair number. This could be balanced by making Olimar's attacks unusually weak - forcing him to rely on the attack power of his army of dopy minions.
Well, the recovery is basically based off of the uB move, I can really see Pikmin lifting Olimar that high, enough to make a full recovery. But to keep balance, I had to add lag.

To tell you the truth, I've only played part of Pikmin I.
I've never really seen any White Pikmin, but I've done my research, and found poison xD
Lol, only the red ones if I recall :) it makes the luck / chance of summoning Pikmin more interesting.

I really think that five is enough, twenty would be too much spam I think.
True the Pikmin are easy to get rid of, but there are ways to avoid that.
For example, Olimar can grab the enemy, and wait for his Pikmin to completely "****" the opponent. Since I gave the Pikmin such high damage for each hit, I think that this is fair.

I see Olimar relying almost entirely on Pikmin, but we've gotta give some props to the character. His damage is semi-weak, but I think it balances out everything.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Oooops, i forgot to post my moveset yesterday! Read the stance please, it REALLY helps.

Stance- Olimar's body faces the camera, while his head is of course, facing the direction of where your facing. With his knees bent as well. Wait, whats this! He seemes to be holding a white pikmin in his left hand and a blue pikmin in his right hand by the throat! That's not all! There seems to be twp Red pikmin, and it's stem is tied to the stem of the Blue pikmin and White Pikmin! They willingly dangle by his sides.

Stats-
STRENGTH: D-
SPEED- C+
RECOVERY- B
WEIGHT- C-
THROWS- A+

STANDARD A

A - Olimar swings with both arms his Pikmin Nuchuks to his opposite side.

A A - He then removes them from his sides (with a swinging) and failing the Pikmin Nunchuks.

A A A - Then, he swings them up and they hit anything infront of him and at the very end anyone behind him gets smacked because the pikmin hits his own back.

Dash - The captain puts his helmet first and headbutts anyone in his path.

TILTS

A^ - Olimar swings with whichever hand is on the right of the screen above his head once.

Av - Olimar swings with the hand farthest away from you, while crouched down, sweeping people's feet.

A> - Olimar takes the nunchuk closest to you and brings it to the opposite side and swings across.

SMASH ATTACKS

A^ - Olimar shows turns away from you and swings with both nunchuks above his head.

Av - Olimar faces you and brings his arms in a X and then releases his arms on both sides, flailing the pikmin nunchuks.

A> - Olimar brings up his arm closest to you and swings down (yeah, can hit above him like Marth's.)

SPECIAL

B- Olimar swings both Nunchuks back to his backpack and instantly changes the pikmin tied up. Even though it is random, it is good to try to get better Pikmin on your Nunchuks. The pikmin you get on both Nunchuks is ALWAYS the same.

Red- You start with two of this one, it deals mild damage, and deals fire damage.

Yellow- It deals small damage, but has better knockback compared to some others, and deals small electrcity damage.

Blue- If you get this one, it does good damage, but small knockback.

White- This is a good pikmin. The attack become more swift, but deal low damage and low knockback, but you DO poison the foes if hit.

B> - Olimar swings both Nunchuks in a circle in front of him (small damage if hit by that) and petals from the Pikmin fly forward dealing rapid small damage.

B^ - Olimar swings above his head like a helicopter and flies up.

THROWS

Forward throw - Olimar swings and the pikmin that is tied up grabs the foe and Olimar brings him in to headbutt if you like and then when ready he then spins and hurls the opponent of the nunchuk. High Damage, and High Knockback.

Down Throw - Olimar swings and the pikmin that is tied up grabs the foe and Olimar brings him to headbutt if you like and then he raises the Nunchuk holding the foe up above him and then smashes against the ground, bouncing.

Upward Throw - After you headbutted the foe, and you choose to throw him up, Olimar spins him around in a circle dealing small damage and then the Pikmin lets go after a while and he is hurled upwards.

Back Throw - After you headbutted the foe, and you choose to throw him back, he smacks him off the ground (not doing as much when he does it in the Down throw) and then he swings the nunchuk back tossing behind his head.

ARIELS

Fair- Olimar swings with one nunchuk in a helicopter motion in front of him for a second.
Bair- Quickly swings the pikmin tied up behind him and quickly brings it back.
Dair- He rolls while swinging down with both Nunchuks (Meteor) and if close to the ground he will have to get back up because he rolls.
Nair- Olimar brings his legs up and faces you, and swings both nunchuks in a helicopter motion hitting anyone around him, very weak.
Upair- Headbutt.

SMASH ATTACK

Notice in the B attack, i did not include the Purple pikmin? Well, when you get your smash attack, its actually an upgrade. A purple pikmin is tied to the feet of the tied of pikmin, increasing a length of three pikmin and does heavy. Greater range, and greater damage. Lasts 1 minute.

TAUNT

Olimar nods at the camera while the pikmin take out signs saying, "HELP ME!", "RUN AWAY!", "MADMAN!", "SAVE US!"

Ah, there it is! I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom