• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Olimar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Screw.you.please.
Lol :p (don't take that the wrong way).
I don't see any reason for Olimar not to be in Brawl.
lol! That first part made me laugh. :laugh:

Anyway,It's not that I wouldn't want Olimar in Brawl,it's just that there are some characters that I see more fit and omre deserving of a spot in brawl,that's all.But if he does make it in,then feel free to "screw me please" :p.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
lol! That first part made me laugh. :laugh:

Anyway,It's not that I wouldn't want Olimar in Brawl,it's just that there are some characters that I see more fit and omre deserving of a spot in brawl,that's all.But if he does make it in,then feel free to "screw me please" :p.
Olimar is one of the most deserving characters to get in....right after a few villains/sidekicks of major franchises. He's the most important new series that should be added, plus he would be very unique and fun to play.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Olimar is one of the most deserving characters to get in....right after a few villains/sidekicks of major franchises.
See,that's what I mean.If Olimar makes it in,more power to him,but I don't want to see him at the expense of an even better character.

And yes,
I hate puppies,love Osama Bin Laden,and eat babies off of sharp spikes.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
See,that's what I mean.If Olimar makes it in,more power to him,but I don't want to see him at the expense of an even better character.

And yes,
I hate puupies,love Osama Bin Laden,and eat babies off of sharp spikes.
I can understand what you're saying.
You'd rather have a more deserving character in before someone who's less.
That's where our opinions come in! [/yay!!]

Here are my top three hopefuls (and expected):
1. Captain Olimar
2. King Dedede
3. Munchlax

Below that is Balloon Fighter, and all of the others ones that I don't want to list at the moment. Olimar would make an interesting character, they would just have to balance him out correctly.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
And yes,
I hate puppies,love Osama Bin Laden,and eat babies off of sharp spikes.
GAH!
AN EVIL BEHBEH EATER!
BURN HIM!
IMMOLATE HIM!

karma shall smite you with a parking ticket or something for doubting Olimar.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I can understand what you're saying.
You'd rather have a more deserving character in before someone who's less.
That's where our opinions come in! [/yay!!]

Here are my top three hopefuls (and expected):
1. Captain Olimar
2. King Dedede
3. Munchlax

Below that is Balloon Fighter, and all of the others ones that I don't want to list at the moment. Olimar would make an interesting character, they would just have to balance him out correctly.
Dedede is basically guaranteed. He was planned for the original.

I don't think you have to worry about Olimar getting in over a "more deserving" or a "better character" because a) there are going to be plenty of character additions to get all of the deserving ones in, and b) there really aren't any better characters. I imagine Olimar being one of the most fun character to play with.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Dedede is basically guaranteed. He was planned for the original.

I don't think you have to worry about Olimar getting in over a "more deserving" or a "better character" because a) there are going to be plenty of character additions to get all of the deserving ones in, and b) there really aren't any better characters. I imagine Olimar being one of the most fun character to play with.
I agree, a lot of characters will make it in the game, and some characters have a better chance than others... and I had no clue that Dedede was planned for 64? How come he wasn't in Melee?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I agree, a lot of characters will make it in the game, and some characters have a better chance than others... and I had no clue that Dedede was planned for 64? How come he wasn't in Melee?
Good question. Mostly because Sakurai is too humble to promote his own series that much.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Good question. Mostly because Sakurai is too humble to promote his own series that much.
I think that's pretty cool though, it shows some sort of character. [personality-wise]
This time around, he should have King Dedede in it, I don't see why not.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
Olimar is one of my top choices for new additions as well. Dedede is right along with him, as well ad Ridley, Diddy, and Sonic.

Olimar's stage could have huge flowers that when struck, they drop those pellets that were used for making more pikmin. the pellets can give you back some life or maybe if you get enough of them they give you a new life?

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
ok looni 3 things

1. olimar will be teh u ber pwnage if he makes it in. olimar wario tagteam ftw

2. i now dont want olimar in because i want to see all puppies die

3. tickle-me-elmo is the spawn of satan

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I want this thread to come back because Olimar is one of my top picks for Brawl (right after my "man?" Ridley). Olimar would be so awesome with his Pikmin and everything...I'd love to see his interactions with the other characters.

I like him; so I'm bringing the thread back. ^.^

JesterBox

Smash Ace
1. He's a space man

2. He sacrifices little space aliens to fight

3. He is like Columbus, discovers a new world, but instead of killing the indeginues people with weapons, he just chucks them at people.

4. He has a funny nose

What more do you want?

Blackadder

Smash Master
I really can't see Olimar being anymore than an AT, to be honest.
I mean, he's 1 CM tall. I highly doubt he'll be anymore than an AT.

*Runs from angry fanboys*

JesterBox

Smash Ace

He'd probably be as tall as Mario.. I think I'll doodle a move set for him to...

Kirby is actually only a few inches tall but they made him bigger

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
First off, I would like to say that if I could only have one new character in brawl, I would want Captain Olimar! I'd also like to say that, if characters have intros, they could easily make Olimar grow (Maybe his ship would fly in and shoot a beam at him to make him grow). But I do have to admit, that my biggest fear is that Captain Olimar will end up as an AT (despite being such an original character). If Olimar does get in though, I think they should make him Pichu sized.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
He'd probably be as tall as Mario.. I think I'll doodle a move set for him to...

Kirby is actually only a few inches tall but they made him bigger
nah, kirby size is how tall he should be. he is pretty short and stubby like mario, but to resize him that much would be kinda weird

the grim lizard

Smash Master

Talk about a Negative Nancy. I've seen you slam down basically every top choice for playable characters. Who the heck do you even want to see?? Next thing, you'll be saying that Captain Falcon and Yoshi are going to be ATs...

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Well, the fact that miyamoto brought up a pikmin 3, this raises his chances of making an appearance up a bit. But, Olimar HAS to make an appearance. How could you NOT put him in?

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC

Look at Bowser. In Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine, he as HUGE but they resized him so he was just a little bigger than Mario.

They could resize Olimar just for Smash.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
You misunderstand me Kirby is officially like 9 inches tall or something, I'm on the side of "size is not an issue" I'm saying that characters have already been resized.

Olimar for Brawl!

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I just realized why the size differences in Smash make sense! They are all trophies that come to life (according to the opening scene for the game). Since a Captain Olimar trophy wouldn't be 1cm, it makes perfect sense for Olimar to be sized similar to the other characters. This also explains the resizing for all of the other characters as well. =]

Qyzex

Smash Cadet
Captain Olimar, this is a genuine good choice for Brawl. Not just some fanboy/girl pick, this one is very, very likely, in my opinion.

Really, Who wouldn't want to see Olimar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom