• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon's Match-Up Database! | (General Discussion); UPDATED: April 18th, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
how can you convince against marth has a ****ing sword?

Marth COMPLETELY out zones falcon. falcon can't fight against fair dtilt and jab unless marth makes a mistake. if you need marth to make a MISTAKE to start racking up damage then your character is clearly out matched... completely.
Completely? Don't make me laugh. Utilt, dtilt, nair, and uair have a word to say to you.

Utilt's disjoint will hit Marth out of his dtilt (if spaced properly), and FK/RB will either hit Marth or the attacks will clash (with Marth's dtilt.)

Fair is a problem but nothing's stopping us from walking up and shielding it.

And Marth's jab is slow.

I'll post more later.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
so i was writing a post, then i realized i was wasting my time.

80:20, 75:25 at best. if you put it any better you're giving the community false information. Marth clearly destroys falcon in every facet. bye

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
Marth ***** us hard

his DS kills us if we try to gimp him, his Fair destroys our options and his sideB does us good damage

In the MK vs Falcon MU, we have a Grab Release on MK and our Falcon Kick breaks MKs B moves

In the Marth Vs Falcon MU, we have nothing on Marth (as far as I know) and Marth's Fair outranges our Falcon Kick

It would take extreme patience to let Marth make a mistake (which they rarely do) and get through his wall of Fairs and swords

However, I do enjoy using Nair in this MU as its fast and sets up pretty good :)

80-20 :marth: imo

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I've told Darky to change it to 35-65 but he still hasn't.

And Marth's fair only ***** us in the air and offstage. Falcon Kick goes through (or clashes) with all of Marth's ground attacks as well.

Player-3

Smash Hero
FK doesn't travel fast enough for that unless marth is like
LOLOLOL IM GONNA DSMASH OR FTILT LOLOL

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Lol Marth is not harder than MK

1-his attacks have some lag, not much but still more than any of MK's attacks
2-Falcon has a chance against Marth offstage, not against MK
3-Marth's recovery, while really good to counter gimp, isn't really good to counter edgehoggers

And lord Falcon kick doesn't beat Marth's Fair, it can get through because of the timing but it will not make it clank

And then again, you don't need Marth to make a mistake to get through his wall of swords, you just have to know when his attacks begin and end.

mlorenzo

Smash Journeyman
about the falcon kick, the kick can go through the Marth's Side B and falcon right and down tilt clank with marth side smash and you can use up b to fight against marth fair, but the best option is just perfect shield it.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Lol Marth is not harder than MK

1-his attacks have some lag, not much but still more than any of MK's attacks
2-Falcon has a chance against Marth offstage, not against MK
3-Marth's recovery, while really good to counter gimp, isn't really good to counter edgehoggers

And lord Falcon kick doesn't beat Marth's Fair, it can get through because of the timing but it will not make it clank

And then again, you don't need Marth to make a mistake to get through his wall of swords, you just have to know when his attacks begin and end.
"with all of Marth's ground attacks as well."

Notice I said it beats his ground attacks, not aerial attacks.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
FK has a bunch of start up, you won't catch a marth attacking with it unless they are EXTREMELY predicitable with it.

Shield > falcon :V

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
These last few pages go like this.

Player-3 said:
Falcon is a bad character, and Marth has too many advantages over us to justify a better match-up ratio. It's because Marth destroys our aerial and ground game with his disjointed hitboxes, plentiful approaches, semi-low lag attacks and overall better balancing.

I'm terribly sorry.
all of you falcon faegs said:
omg p3 stop trollin falcon r top tier
Player-3 said:
-sigh- I wish people weren't so stupid and didn't play WiFi ever. Also, the game.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Soooooooooooo, has anyone in this thread ever played Falcon/Marth in an offline tournament set or am I the only one ?

Cuz it sounds like I'm the only one lulz.

Also <3 Ramzeh

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Assuming Marth is above you, his dair will only hit you if you're slow as balls.

And with a uthrow you just have jump after him>wait for the airdodge>uair

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
Assuming Marth is above you, his dair will only hit you if you're slow as balls.

And with a uthrow you just have jump after him>wait for the airdodge>uair
His FAir goes under him too.

and if you jump, you eat fair too.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
i had sausages today cuz its sunday n i hav roast dinner very nice my grandma made them i happy now smileyface

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Agreed with 25-75. And only because he's easier to GIMP than MK, if he had a better recovery we'd be toast.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Killua **** yeah !
Now 2/3rds of the French Falcons are posting on the boards.

And Ramzeh Uthrow has no follow up ofcourse, it's a zoning tool used to put opponents in Falcon's best zone.

Because no matter what Uair is still Falcon's best move and Marth doesn't obliterate it like MK does.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I'm leaning more toward 30:70 against Marth.
25:75 being the worst.

Marth's aerial game is far more pressuring than our own, but we still have a shield and up air when it comes to his Fair pressuring. Up tilt can safely out-space quite a lot of Marth's options, both aerial and grounded.

Range and pressuring are the two biggest factors here. He certainly isn't Captain Kill Potential though. Unless Marth lands a tippered Fsmash or manages to gimp, Falcon should be able to live around percents as low as 130%+.

I'll add more to this later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom