• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon's MANLY Matchup Guide/Discussion Thread Week 16: Yoshi/Sonic

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
Playing Brawl until I have a seizure,nah im kiddin
can I fight you!?!?I've been asking all this time
I really want to witness a Falcon that can fight mario as 4-6 matchup
I find Falcons extremly easy
I cant imagine Falcon having the same amount of trouble with Mario than he does Samus
im not trying to sound negative or anything, but this match up should atleast be 35-65, mario has it waaay too easy on this one

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
can I fight you!?!?I've been asking all this time
I really want to witness a Falcon that can fight mario as 4-6 matchup
I find Falcons extremly easy
I cant imagine Falcon having the same amount of trouble with Mario than he does Samus
im not trying to sound negative or anything, but this match up should atleast be 35-65, mario has it waaay too easy on this one
stop underestimating falcon. mario is not on the same difficulty level as ddd, it is not that hard to kill mario

edit:
Then i would say 7/3. I don't know too much about he match up but its what i would say.
whoa,thats just rediculous

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
CF doesn't have very good options against Mario, but he does have options and I'm not sure I agree with 70:30 in Mario's favor. I honestly think this match-up is either 60:40 or 65:35 in Mario's favor because of the reasons I stated earlier.

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
CF doesn't have very good options against Mario, but he does have options and I'm not sure I agree with 70:30 in Mario's favor. I honestly think this match-up is either 60:40 or 65:35 in Mario's favor because of the reasons I stated earlier.
yeah,agreed 60:40. 65:35 is just too much, look at the other ratios. it just wouldnt match.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Then i'll average out my two statements. 65/45 seems satisfying.

I personally like putting deviation into my match ups.

60/40 to 65/35.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Ayaz, he's awful. Please don't base our playstyle on that :/

EDIT: I can't say he's awful because I've never met him, but...come on, that video was worse than DBR no-DI oldschool vids.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
From what I see here, almost ALL of Falcon's match-ups are better than Ganon's. I still don't see why Falcon still isn't put above Ganon, on the tier list.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
From what I see here, almost ALL of Falcon's match-ups are better than Ganon's. I still don't see why Falcon still isn't put above Ganon, on the tier list.
Because we still deal with OLOIT'SGANONDORF and accept it, while these guys refuse to. Matchups are determined by people, not machines.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
knee honestly shut some of these Mario players up, just play them online for a bit and wreck them

I have OFFLINE TOURNAMENT expereince against Mario's, the best iv played is that lkp guy........I showed you his CV as that's the only way i remembered him by.............

6/4 Mario's cape doesn't do sh*t anymore, and his fireball is his only means of an approach

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
knee honestly shut some of these Mario players up, just play them online for a bit and wreck them

I have OFFLINE TOURNAMENT expereince against Mario's, the best iv played is that lkp guy........I showed you his CV as that's the only way i remembered him by.............

6/4 Mario's cape doesn't do sh*t anymore, and his fireball is his only means of an approach
I will see what I can do. I have quite some mario experience (one of my IRL friends mains mario and we play quite often)

Does any mario main wanna brawl against me later tonight?

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
The cape reverses momentum now, I'm pretty sure that's something; if you don't know what the cape does, don't know what to tell you. Also, fireballs help control approach but they're not exclusively Mario's only form of approach. Again, this match-up is either 60:40 or 65:35 in Mario's favor.

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
Because we still deal with OLOIT'SGANONDORF and accept it, while these guys refuse to. Matchups are determined by people, not machines.
We don't try to argue matchups with one move that doesn't stop all options even.

Ganon's dtilt != tornado

honestly, you've even said yourself that you're biased against falcon, perhaps the one that should be accepting it would be YOU.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
We don't try to argue matchups with one move that doesn't stop all options even.

Ganon's dtilt != tornado

honestly, you've even said yourself that you're biased against falcon, perhaps the one that should be accepting it would be YOU.
We don't either, even though you seem to (stupidly) assume that's the whole of our argument. You also need to learn how to =/=.

Honestly, I've said that from all I've learned about Falcon, Ganondorf beats him. However, we of the Ganondorf boards tend not to go in for overweening optimism, and we tend to listen to posters from other boards, too.

Player-3

Smash Hero
jesus christ what happened while i was asleep...

this is like that time i went to the kaatskill mountains and got bewitched by bowling faries

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
finally, now have we decided Fox's fate?

6/4 also right? in the back-room I posted an easy way to kill off Falco and this should work against all spacies as their grab releases are the same.

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
We don't either, even though you seem to (stupidly) assume that's the whole of our argument. You also need to learn how to =/=.

Honestly, I've said that from all I've learned about Falcon, Ganondorf beats him. However, we of the Ganondorf boards tend not to go in for overweening optimism, and we tend to listen to posters from other boards, too.
Pfft, != is a programming language for does not equal. since / doesn't work on some chats, I use the programming version. Means the same thing, still.

Lets not get into a flame war, I notice I have a short patience about arguments I deem silly. We'll discuss this later, when the matchup pops up again. Till then, lets call it a truce.

I hope.

I'm getting online to play the mario brawler dood.

Roager

Smash Ace
finally, now have we decided Fox's fate?

6/4 also right? in the back-room I posted an easy way to kill off Falco and this should work against all spacies as their grab releases are the same.
Yeah, we got Fox extended cuz nobody talked about him last week. Guess there's not a whole lot to say. I'm okay with 6/4.

I think Mario's gonna end up as 60-40 or 65-35. Not sure which.

Majora_younglink

Smash Apprentice
It probably will from what I can tell Noodle. So is everyone alright with a 6/4 Fox and a 65/35 (maybe 6/4?) Mario?

Also more indepth analysis needs to be done on both sides in my opinion.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
It probably will from what I can tell Noodle. So is everyone alright with a 6/4 Fox and a 65/35 (maybe 6/4?) Mario?

Also more indepth analysis needs to be done on both sides in my opinion.
I still think Mario is easier than Fox.

My mario vs yes!'s falcon, 2 of the best players in Jersey.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLLEkrgM4zI&feature=channel_page
What's Jersey?

I kid, I kid. More vids would be nice, regardless of how underwhelming he played.

Dxkid

Smash Apprentice
out of all i say Mario is 60/40

hes not that hard at all the only that makes him is if YOU make it hard your self

the only thing i say is the problem is cape and fireballs that **** is just annoying

Mit

Smash Ace
Haha, wait, 6/4 Mario, that means we win 60% of the time?

You guys haven't played any good Marios, which isn't surprising, he's low tier, just like how most people haven't played many good Falcons.

Well a buddy of mine mains Yoshi and Mario, and I'll tell you what, Mario ***** Captain Falcon. As people have said, fireballs and cape. I can do well against Mario if he approaches me, but all my friend has to do is start playing more defensively, and it becomes impossible. Fireballs can stop just about any Falcon approach. Ground, air, over the ledge, anywhere. And recovery games are almost lost on Mario. Every time you recover you have to go either very low, backwards, or very high. If you try coming near him you'll get caped everytime (if the Mario is good). And when Falcon's recovery gets caped, he's pretty much dead everytime.

His approaches are good in most cases as well, again, because of the fireballs. Fireballs can lead into combos for Mario. Also, when Mario is coming down from the air, Falcon doesn't **** as usual, mainly because Mario has some great moves with big range, such as his dair and fair (I swear dair will stop any move you try on Mario in the air). When he's below Falcon his uair is very good as well, and comes out fast, even faster than Falcon's.

Also, he can get jabs out between our jab>jab>grab combo before the grab if they time it well enough, which is a crucial part to Falcon's game.

He's also good at finishing, with his quick stutter fsmash, which can nearly be combo'd into.

Trust me, you all haven't played a good Mario, much less one who knows how Falcon plays I'm sure. Don't even try to pull online crap either. Mario has priority, range, and gimping on Falcon. Every one of his strengths pretty much applies to Falcon. I'd say the matchup is easily 30/70 in Mario's favor. It's an uphill battle every time I have to face him. I may try making some videos sometime for you all.

EDIT: It looks like most people were saying 60/40 in Mario's favor, which is much better. Really I'd still say 70/30. There are many characters I'd rather face as Falcon other than Mario.

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
Face it, anyone with a projectile>>>...>>> Captain Falcon.
Mario and Fox win against Falcon
Mario 6-4
Fox I would say 7-3, not because of his projectile but because reflector pwns falcon kick/raptor boost...it pretty much renders two of his attacks totally defunct. Aerials are also better. Less range but Fox has the aerial speed to close in on Falcon, fast.

Top Bottom