• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If the good Captain isn't as weak this time around I'll probably secondary main him, whereas my current pick for primary main is Villager.

Mr. OC

Smash Journeyman
With all the buffs mentioned, a move I want to see return back to it's former glory is his forward air

Having the knee reduced to something that gets whiffed 70% of the time was bogus.
And make it so his spike is actually a spike. I never saw the logic in his d-air having to be sweet-spotted when it's clearly a downward stomp.
I never thought stomping on someone's head meant sending them flying to the left.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
With all the buffs mentioned, a move I want to see return back to it's former glory is his forward air

Having the knee reduced to something that gets whiffed 70% of the time was bogus.
And make it so his spike is actually a spike. I never saw the logic in his d-air having to be sweet-spotted when it's clearly a downward stomp.
I never thought stomping on someone's head meant sending them flying to the left.

Agree, they killed his two most satisfying attacks (moreso than FP) in Dair and Fair. The hitbox problems and his awful priority are why the good Captain went from being the 7th best character in Melee to the 5th worst in Brawl.

Jecux

Smash Cadet
I would like to see one change to his Blood Falcon alt. At the beginning of the match Falcon should appear with Blood Hawk instead of Blue Falcon. This could affect to his Final Smash too.

Mr. OC

Smash Journeyman
I would like to see one change to his Blood Falcon alt. At the beginning of the match Falcon should appear with Blood Hawk instead of Blue Falcon. This could affect to his Final Smash too.
I do like the idea of him appearing in the Blood Hawk. However, I don't think it should really change his final smash, aside from appearance maybe.

Nintennerd

Smash Rookie
Do you think they'll change a move or two but keep Ganon relatively the same to make them less alike? Kinda like Mario's FLUDD with Luigi?

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
Do you think they'll change a move or two but keep Ganon relatively the same to make them less alike? Kinda like Mario's FLUDD with Luigi?
I think it's more likely for Ganon to be the one changed, with his super low tier placement and all the fans who want a more canon moveset.

Hong

The Strongest
I hope the Upperdash Arm on Pit seeming strikingly similar to the Raptor Boost means the Raptor Boost has either been significantly improved, or replaced.

It has always been a sound special in practice, but Falcons just don't use it often beyond entry-level. Usually in a scenario where I could have used Raptor Boost, I just dash and grab. A whiffed or blocked Raptor Boost is punished harshly, and beyond entry-levels of play, you can combo out of a throw just as well (barring some cases in Brawl, a game with poor combo opportunities in general). To keep Raptor Boost, it either has go further/faster, suffer less ending-lag on connections, or gain new properties. Maybe it can be used in the air without going into free fall (as long as it is limited to one per jump of course). Could be good for both recovery and denial.

Lionman

Smash Champion
Just give him more hitstun and i will be happy as long they balance the other characters.

Falcon will be my main for sure

RoxburyGuy58

Smash Journeyman
Just let him be able to combo again, seriously. Give power back to his attacks and make him as fast as in Melee, at least one of those happening would be a step up.

CalumG

Smash Lord
Change his Side-B to a 'boost' (complete with F-Zero X boost sound effects) which projects him fast in the direction he's facing, causing high damage to anyone he runs into but also inflicting an amount of damage on himself as a cost to use the boost. His side B may be called 'Raptor Boost' but it certainly doesn't look like any boost I've ever seen. :troll:

I'm only half-trolling - I think the F-Zero series has its share of interesting mechanics that could be introduced (paying health to use a powerful boost, the 'spin attack' and 'side attack' introduced in F-Zero X) but alas, the fanbase would flip its **** if any actual moveset changes were given to Falcon, who's moves have been meme-fied to heaven and back. I think his Side-B is fair game though; that way Ganondorf's Flame Choke will be even more unique to his character, and Ganondorf could likewise have a few of his moves changed to further de-clone the two.

And maybe a couple of his Smashes and aerials could be changed, if only visually, so they have either a red or a flashing red/yellow glow around them, like when you do the Spin and Side attacks respectively in FZ-X. I don't know, maybe I'm blasphemous for wanting to properly tamper with a character who's been in Smash since the 64 days, but it's nice when a character's moveset is at least remotely inspired by their game of origin - I know it's a tall order with characters like Falcon and Fox who are seldom seen outside their vehicles of choice, but adaptations have been made for Smash in the past.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Why is F-Zero getting rep?
The last F-Zero Game was released in 2003.

It feels like C.Falcon have left F-Zero and made Smash Bros his home.
Don't get me wrong - I, like everybody else, love C.Falcon, and the thought of a Smash Game w/o him is disgusting.
He's a veteran among veterans.

However, there are no plans for another F-zero game.
wth, Nintendo?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Total random idea here, but to satisfy those who want the anime Falcon Punch, how about making his Falcon Punch a meteor smash in air? Then allowing him to hold it like DK's Punch? And releasing fiery shockwaves if his Falcon Punch doesn't hit? And a 1/100 chance it will Insta-KO the opponent? And if you smash the special attack button during his Final Smash when the Blue Falcon's on the raceway it'll send him out of the cockpit to Falcon Punch the opponent into the Blue Falcon and then he backflips back into the Blue Falcon?

I've solved all your problems. You can all go home now. :troll:

Silvalfo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Silvalfo
You'll see. Falcon shall be a top tier character while still being ultra flashy and will even have a F-Zero-inspired moveset. This should make him the most adored character in SSB4, giving him such an epic fanbase that Nintendo decides to make a F-Zero sequel for the Wii U, with racing AND Captain Falcon kicking butts in his job as a bounty hunter, and all shall rejoice.

Then I'll wake up from such a dream.

The Sword of Demise

Smash Rookie
Im sorry that this is off topic but can we get captain falccon and unarmored samus in othher fighting games and how awesome wouldd it be to have a captain falcon andd link in ninja gaiden

Hong

The Strongest
In my opinion, Falcon Punch was great in the SSB64. It was an alright recovery tool as long as you weren't up against Link, Fox (projectiles) and not too close to the stage already (so they can't jump off and get you), and the game had so much hitstun that you could genuinely combo into it. Unfortunately, the fact we don't have the same amount of hitstun and it is no longer a strong recovery option, it is a dated design. Being able to 180 Falcon Punch helped to elevate its status as an obscure punishment tool, but that's no way to make a special move.

Whether it is giving it new functionality, making it more applicable with the pacing of the game or just making it faster, it can certainly be retooled. Whatever they do, I hope the general premise remains, since it is like the coolest special in the game.

Evil-Guy

Smash Journeyman
This might not pertain to anything useful...but why did Nintendo try their hardest to remove the great mountains on the posterior of the continent and the majestic tree that lies South of the rugged hills? I want the historical landmarks back :(.

If you catch my drift ... Embarrass

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
yes yes yes great idea
Nah, that would put too much emphasis on Smash Falcon than the actual F-Zero Falcon. His Blue Falcon is the only thing that keeps him into the latter's territory otherwise he's the lame meme-friendly Captain that Smash made him into.

And besides, what's better than ramming people to their deaths with a highly technological and quick racing vehicule?!

But sticking to what's important: Falcon needs to combo again. That's what he's supposed to be about and Brawl really hindered him in that department.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
C. Falcon's new projectile:
Falcon Punch's flaming falcon continues to travel and fly forward after he does the punch. Yes! It shouldn't deal the same knockback and damage, but it should do something. This might also encourage more Falcon Punch spam, just for the projectile lol

Other changes:
-No more ******** infini-jabs...he should just stop as the knee and say "YES!"
-He should say "YES!" each time he knees his opponent while pummeling them
-Lingering d-air that always spikes, like in SSB64
-His fist has the hitbox it had in b-air in SSB64
-Increase Falcon Dive's grab area and increase its launching power so that it can kill

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
one better:

the flaming falcon projectile rises after it moves a few pixels or whatever distance ssb uses, so it has an initial forward trajectory, then takes off like a real bird,so you can hit people in the air, potentially extending a combo, or kill someone who has DI into the corner.

D

Deleted member

I love playing as Captain Falcon in Smash 64 and Melee, but I can't see myself using him that much in Brawl. The physics change really hit him hard in my eyes (along with other changes) and I hope that the faster speed in SSB4 will help buff the captain. I just can't combo with him as effectively in Brawl...

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Make it so that all of his specials combo into each other. I can see it
Forward B > Up B > Falcon Kick> Falcon Punch
trololololo
Anyway I just want a good Knee and Comboability... thats all.

Hong

The Strongest
Super armour would be an interesting approach to Falcon Punch, as well. It would sort of make it a counter, in that sense.

Gabe Hartzog

Smash Apprentice
Super armour would be an interesting approach to Falcon Punch, as well. It would sort of make it a counter, in that sense.
I like the super armor idea, that would make it 100x better without speeding it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom