• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon Video Thread v2.0 (Last Update 2/16/09)

Winnar

Smash Lord
So I just ordered a gamebridge. It'll be in sometime this week, so expect to see some videos by next weekend.

TheBlackLink

Smash Cadet
More Falcon vids.....YES!

Falcon Update!

Vs. :dk2:
SFR! (Falcon) vs. Greet (White DK)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iDISEU2vkE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyG_oT8E2cA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hHRr3f-4po

Vs.:lucas:
SFR! (Falcon) vs. Wam! (Lucas)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYyS8UNjZm0

Team Battle:
Vs. :metaknight: & :ness2:
SFR! (Falcon) & Zlade (Ike) vs. BOO! (MK) & Mario* (Ness)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q64ieAKhLN8

Rate, Hate, Commentate

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
You used some of the combo's I discovered..
whats up with that man.

At least like credit me.
Oh, you discovered them? I thought that it was old when we did the threads on them. I don't see why you care, loads of people post stuff about other peoples discoveries, but they don't complain. MK's IDC for example, loads of **** about that, bet the discoverers don't care.

Also my combo video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d9MRZ_iF1o

And my mock wave-land guide:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh7M9yY266Q

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz

Player-3

Smash Hero
Yay my capture card got here :D Just a friendly, but I JV 3-stocked him XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDJRrmc13xw&fmt=18

He's not bad, I was just playing really well that round.

Expect more videos in the near future.
nice job, but you need to work on your jab->grab
its just too slow right now, and escapabale
you play alot like me

But a tip on kirby: use Uthrow.
most kirbys will Down-b to try to surprise you, and you can just grab them out of that with your UpB

i had to play two kirbys in a row at the tourny yesterday, 2-0ed both and one was actually pretty good, he FALCON PAUNCHED me..

but yeah, nice falcon there, you just need to clean some spots up.

also

Uair Moar.

Winnar

Smash Lord
nice job, but you need to work on your jab->grab
its just too slow right now, and escapabale
you play alot like me

But a tip on kirby: use Uthrow.
most kirbys will Down-b to try to surprise you, and you can just grab them out of that with your UpB

i had to play two kirbys in a row at the tourny yesterday, 2-0ed both and one was actually pretty good, he FALCON PAUNCHED me..

but yeah, nice falcon there, you just need to clean some spots up.

also

Uair Moar.
<_< Jab -> Grab doesn't work beautifully on Kirby like it does on almost every other character. Kirby's auto-ducking on landing makes me miss things often :(

Player-3

Smash Hero
<_< Jab -> Grab doesn't work beautifully on Kirby like it does on almost every other character. Kirby's auto-ducking on landing makes me miss things often :(
it still works though, but you have to jab > jab> grab

Kneeslash

Smash Cadet
fine then how about this

when they down b, use your up b

yes?
Falcon's upB is too slow to catch kirby, yes if you are close you can grab them and you smile as Captain Falcon exclaims "YES!" but the move should be used more for getting back on the level or grabbing someone with a lot of damage.

Its just too easy to be punished.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Falcon's upB is too slow to catch kirby, yes if you are close you can grab them and you smile as Captain Falcon exclaims "YES!" but the move should be used more for getting back on the level or grabbing someone with a lot of damage.

Its just too easy to be punished.
?...

did you not read?

i said when the kirby uses their rock attack, you use your up b and grab them out of it

that works you know, and its completely unpunishable
unless you miss, in which case you should facepalm

Zeallyx

?...

did you not read?

i said when the kirby uses their rock attack, you use your up b and grab them out of it

that works you know, and its completely unpunishable
unless you miss, in which case you should facepalm
If I recall correctly kirby's rock hits you as you up b, unless you time it right.

Player-3

Smash Hero
If I recall correctly kirby's rock hits you as you up b, unless you time it right.
i always managed to YES the kirby out of his rock

dunno if i was just hacking
did it in tourny matches all day... played two kirbys in a row at the same station... people were giving me nicknames..

Zeallyx

i always managed to YES the kirby out of his rock

dunno if i was just hacking
did it in tourny matches all day... played two kirbys in a row at the same station... people were giving me nicknames..
Then I am probably wrong, or you were (exidentally) 'timing t right' all the time..
wich is unlikely, so I think you are right.
I apologize

Winnar

Smash Lord
Unless you're talking about from the top of it before the falling starts? Or after the falling ends?

Anyway, TKONK "exidentally" ? Did you mean...accidentally? That's the only thing I can think of and even that doesn't fit right with your sentence...

Anyway in most cases where I'm in a good place to use the up-b, I'll use the up-b. Kirby's rock is not one of those moves I feel comfortable up-b'ing.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Unless you're talking about from the top of it before the falling starts? Or after the falling ends?

Anyway, TKONK "exidentally" ? Did you mean...accidentally? That's the only thing I can think of and even that doesn't fit right with your sentence...

Anyway in most cases where I'm in a good place to use the up-b, I'll use the up-b. Kirby's rock is not one of those moves I feel comfortable up-b'ing.
it works every time, while hes falling, when he stops, and when hes using it

try it sometime

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Um, UpB'ing a Kirby's rock is asking for star KO ****, then again hey whatever works for ya. But I'd like to see a vid of this if you say it works lol

Player-3

Smash Hero
Um, UpB'ing a Kirby's rock is asking for star KO ****, then again hey whatever works for ya. But I'd like to see a vid of this if you say it works lol
... go try it...

upb doesnt work if your flying at the rock from straight under it, you have to approach the rock from the left/right and realize that it has a grab range, and you WILL grab the rock

Zeallyx

English is not my first language. Congrats on spotting a mistake in my vocabulary..

also, the abbreviation of my name is TKONTK.

Top Bottom