• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain falcon is alot like marth 0.o honestly

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Marth - Falcon similarities:
Nair - Marth: two slices - C.falcon: two kicks
Bair - Marth: one good slash - C.falcon: one good punch
Dair - Marth: spike when sweetspotted - C.falcon: spike when sweetspotted
Fair: one slash with good knockback hitting with the tip - C.falcon: a knee with good knockback when sweetspotted
Ftilt - marth: a decent/good slash - C.falcon: a decent/good kick
Up+b - Marth: a diagonal up slash - C.falcon: a diagonal dive up
Dsmash - Marth: slash left/right - C.falcon: kick left/right
Usmash - Marth: upward stab with not so great hitbox (for actually hitting hard)
- C.falcon: upward kicks with small hitbox (to actually hit hard)
Uair - Marth: backflip + slash - C.falcon: backflip + kick
offcourse a sword =/= a fist/knee/kick, but it's their animations or the duration of them that are similar (except for Dair, marth's takes way longer)

still, they play quite alike 0.o
I didn't expect marth to be so similar to my main
I just found my second main :)

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
...eh...I wouldn't really consider them at all similiar

in all reality marth and falcon are close enough to be bitter enemies in terms of they fight and how they perform.

Marth attacks require distance from your opponent to be very effective while falcon in nearly every way is most effective when he is right in the face of the other person.

Marth's best position to be attacking is when the person is in front of them or on a platform that's in range of tilts or smashes. Falcon performs his best when both him and his opponent are in the air and Falcon is either above or below them for his attacks.

Playing the two are very different as they're abilities and attacks are very different, no two knees in a short hop for you.

Zeallyx

...eh...I wouldn't really consider them at all similiar

in all reality marth and falcon are close enough to be bitter enemies in terms of they fight and how they perform.

Marth attacks require distance from your opponent to be very effective while falcon in nearly every way is most effective when he is right in the face of the other person.

Marth's best position to be attacking is when the person is in front of them or on a platform that's in range of tilts or smashes. Falcon performs his best when both him and his opponent are in the air and Falcon is either above or below them for his attacks.

Playing the two are very different as they're abilities and attacks are very different, no two knees in a short hop for you.
I agree with you, but you kinda missed the point.
I mean how they perform the attacks mentioned, not how the attacks are used, or used best.

Charoo

Smash Champion
u forgot

marth's forward b = ****

falcon's forward b = not so ****

ShadowBlitz

Smash Apprentice
Captain Falcon's D-air is more precise. It's better than Marth's...and F-air for Marth doesn't have too much knock-back unless the opponent has high percents. I'd say C. Falcon and Ganondof are more similar.

Roager

Smash Ace
Sonic and Ganon play somewhat similar to CF.
Sonic... no. I've played Falcon a lot, and I've tried Sonic. Nothing alike. Ganon, I could see, but with the different move speeds, he has to be played differently.

Someone7

Smash Apprentice
Sonic... no. I've played Falcon a lot, and I've tried Sonic. Nothing alike. Ganon, I could see, but with the different move speeds, he has to be played differently.
Sonic plays more like CF than anyone besides Ganon. You do a lot of similar stuff (running up with grabs being the most similar thing), he has similar problems landing his kill moves, a very similar move set, etc. Sure, you don't play him exactly the same way, but you don't play any character just like any other character.

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
Captain Falcon---
A gun.
Manliness
Polyester Jacket with Nipple buttons for +1% damage to female characters(human only sorry jiggs).
Popped Collar in some occasions.
Knee
-
Marth
A Sword
Gayness
Blue Hair with a Tiara
Look at his idle animation
No knee

Tenki

Smash Hero
Sonic is all baiting and punishment+chase, etc. Falcon can brickwall better than Sonic though lol.

Falcon KINDA plays like Ike when you take into account jab-based play and the airdodge-baiting that you'll need to get certain followups to hit (EG- U-air > Grab). Both characters can rarely get situations in which they can actually get multiple consecutive hits where the opponent can't just airdodge, so you'll need alot of prediction if you want to succeed.

Smash Apprentice
Guys i figured out that Captain Falcon and Ganon have kinda a similar moveset, wtf is this? Sakurai mega-uncreative lol ffs1111!!!

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Most characters perform attacks in the same ways mentioned. A flip to uair is common. 2 hit nairs are common. Going upward on your up b is common >.> This isn't really an observation imo...

Zeallyx

Most characters perform attacks in the same ways mentioned. A flip to uair is common. 2 hit nairs are common. Going upward on your up b is common >.> This isn't really an observation imo...
the 'going upward on your up b' part of your post actually made me lol
but it seems everyone ITT missed the point..
inb4theresnopoint
guys, read the OP one more time and then post again
(this is not to everyone though)

AmigoOne

Smash Journeyman
Link and Captain Falcon are like the most smiliar evar.

Both their dsmash go both ways in the same order, front and back.
both their usmash goes up really high, and hits more than 1nce
Utilt makes them atk up
Both theyre upbs makes them up go.
The ftilts r slow but nice
bothe theyare nairs are are kicking.

awesome amirite?

Zeallyx

Link and Captain Falcon are like the most smiliar evar.

Both their dsmash go both ways in the same order, front and back.
both their usmash goes up really high, and hits more than 1nce
Utilt makes them atk up
Both theyre upbs makes them up go.
The ftilts r slow but nice
bothe theyare nairs are are kicking.

awesome amirite?
*facepalm* make a good paradoy if you make one
although it made me laugh:p

-mugen-

Smash Journeyman
Lol... I mean a lot of characters in Brawl have similar movements and sh*t, but Falcon plays so differently from Marth it's not even funny.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Lol... I mean a lot of characters in Brawl have similar movements and sh*t, but Falcon plays so differently from Marth it's not even funny.
Yeah. Falcon and Marth are nothing alike. Really. They're play styles are completely different. I mean.... this argument is ridiculous.

The op's points are logically broken.

Zeallyx

Actually it seems more like everyone's disagreeing and moving on.
except the first person who replied :D
Wogrim please give me your friend code, I want to brawl against you :D
my FC: 3050-9951-8920
falcon ditto? :D
it could be awesome
I'll add you now

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
except the first person who replied :D
Wogrim please give me your friend code, I want to brawl against you :D
my FC: 3050-9951-8920
falcon ditto? :D
it could be awesome
I'll add you now
That's me! And your reasons were absolutly true. It's just that as a whole, the two are different enough for everyone to disagree. But I think they are quite similar in some ways.

Higher dash speeds
No projectile
Smash veterans
Above average reach
Some fast damaging moves and some killer moves
And what you said.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
That's me! And your reasons were absolutly true. It's just that as a whole, the two are different enough for everyone to disagree. But I think they are quite similar in some ways.

Higher dash speeds
No projectile
Smash veterans
Above average reach
Some fast damaging moves and some killer moves
And what you said.
If you don't have to be from SSB64 to be a "veteran" that's a pretty weak connection.

Top Bottom