• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.::Captain Douglas Falcon::.

kys

Smash Ace
I dunno, I land way more clean single hit fairs than I do bairs. Half the time bair clashes with utilt and it's back to square one.

Camping kirbies are a nightmare.

The Star King

Smash Hero
That's why you gotta go EXTREME like Star King AND APPROACH WITH FASTFALL DAIRS even though THAT'S NOT REALLY SAFE AT ALL it still WORKS sometimes

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I actually do better against kirby as falcon, I mean it might seem like a challenge because of how floaty Kirby is and how hard he is to combo but you can out-play him if you are patient, it's not like kirby is a character to rush with

boring matches but can be won easily

also Star King real men go for the bair

Also it is true that there is no good approach to kirby, his utilt simply beats anything falcon can use, which is why you catch him with a grab, i'd honestly say going for the grab is a lot better

Battlecow

Play to Win
I don't understand how dairs could possibly work with any sort of consistency

I guess you have to be STAR KING and just RUN THE **** IN THERE AND BE BETTER

Fsmash works sometimes if they're REALLY just camping it up with the utilts. You can PIVOT and then do it if they're to your right.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Lol, nice one. Also dair can catch him if you arrive from in front of Kirby I think. Like you faint you're going from straight above, but you go more in front.

Battlecow

Play to Win
yeah, but YOU can't

unless that was the gag, in which case i just woke up and skimmed over the posts

you gotta fight fire with fire. the only way to approach kirby with falcon is utilt

:phone:
If kirby's to your right you'd be pivoting left and fsmashing

which I can

that was the joke

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Omg I love all of you. I just read the last two pages and laughed so hard. Star Kings dair made me picture that moment when Kirby's up tilt ignores the **** out of falcons feet and hits anywa. And the idea of running around spacing up tilts as falcon against Kirby is just so genius

:phone:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
you mean like, jump out backwards -> reverse joe special so you don't have to do your turning upb-> recover while the opponent is pseudo-spiked off the side of the level? assuming hyrule or dl anyway

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
I could have sworn that Kirby vs. Falcon was Falcon's worst matchup. I really can't play it for ****. Then again I have only been playing Smash 64 for a few weeks now lol

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
I prefer Fox just because the uair combo is much easier on him. And so far that is all I have mastered with Falcon

Honestly I do not know why the Kirby matchup is so bad. It seems like Kirby would have a slight advantage instead of a large one.

The spacing seems fairly equal, and aside from Kirby-s amazing edgegaurd skill and the fact that it is a bit harder for Falcon to combo the fight seems even.

But like I said, I am VERY new.

Top Bottom