• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
What credibility does this Doctor Cupcakes guy have? Based on the last few tweets I have read from him, he seems about as reliable as my grandma would be on Smash Bros.

Especially that remark about Shrek and King K. Rool. Even if you believe that King K. Rool has lower chances now, Shrek will never happen, and this is confirmed, so it is impossible for Shrek to be more likely than King K. Rool. Obviously it was an exaggeration but I still think he is not a reliable source.

Shovel Knight does not at ALL deserve to be in Smash. He has no relevance in Japan at all, has been in ONE GAME, and has done nothing for the community. If he is in Smash, then Sakurai has officially lost all sanity.
Doctor Cupcakes was the one who said"The NX will be weaker than the PS4"and is on the Kotaku staff
EURRRRRRRROPPPPPEEEEEE
He also replied to a tweet from the Kremilng Kampaigners saying that he feels like King K. Rool's chances are lower than Shrek's
Shrek isn't even Nintendo,saying the second most suggested character(becuase of a Mii costume)has a lower chance than Shrek,is like saying"People who play XBOX games are neckbeards on XBOX Live(not saying anyone who plays XBOX games are neckbeards;just an example)
Even if Shovel Kinght is confirmed,how will he play,what are his specials

HOW POPULAR IS HE IN JAPAN?!

Sure Lucas,Marth,and Roy weren't advertised in America by the release of Brawl and Melee,respectively
Reason why Shovel Knight is so high is,like K.Rool,popular in America and less popular in Japan

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Doctor Cupcakes was the one who said"The NX will be weaker than the PS4"and is on the Kotaku staff

EURRRRRRRROPPPPPEEEEEE

Shrek isn't even Nintendo,saying the second most suggested character(becuase of a Mii costume)has a lower chance than Shrek,is like saying"People who play XBOX games are neckbeards on XBOX Live(not saying anyone who plays XBOX games are neckbeards;just an example)
Even if Shovel Kinght is confirmed,how will he play,what are his specials

HOW POPULAR IS HE IN JAPAN?!

Sure Lucas,Marth,and Roy weren't advertised in America by the release of Brawl and Melee,respectively
Reason why Shovel Knight is so high is,like K.Rool,popular in America and less popular in Japan
Shovel Knight is probably not that popular in Japan considering they still don't have Shovel Knight released there.

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
May I point out that this whole "this character only appeared in one game" argument died a very long time ago. The number of games a character appeared in does not affect their chances off being in Smash Bros. I mean some of the characters on the Sm4sh roster only appeared in one or two games and yet, there they are, for example :4shulk:, :4robinm: and :4duckhunt:.

Other than that, as Yoshisaurus Rex said, I wouldn't take anything this "Doctor Babycakes" (...lovely ._.) guy says too seriously.
All of the examples are for Nintendo characters while shovel knight is third party. Imo it's a very different situation.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It doesn't really mean anything actually, whether they're Nintendo or third parties.
On one hand, I'd say it makes a difference, seeing as every third party character in Smash Bros. has been a major, long-lasting icon in video games. On the other hand, I previously figured that we'd only get one third party character per company since having one company get multiple characters would be Nintendo showing preference for one company over another, and clearly that didn't work out like I expected.

Personally, I'd have no problem with Shovel Knight getting in - his game's fantastic, and there seems to be a lot that they could do with him as a character. However, there are a few other third party characters who I'd prefer to see (chief among them are Snake, Rayman, and Bayonetta), so I'm not as passionate about the character as I could be. (probably doesn't help that I haven't finished Shovel Knight yet)

I'm just not sure if this "leak" is particularly reliable, since from what I could tell, it seems to be based on Yacht Club Games saying that they have something big planned for exclusive Nintendo content (which could mean practically anything), and Nintendo and Yacht Club Games both being at PAX (which, seeing as Yacht Club is there to promote the Shovel Knight DLC and Nintendo's there to promote the Wii U, doesn't really mean anything - it's like saying that two companies are collaborating because they're both at E3). Not sure what it has to do with Wolf's chances, though - whether or not Shovel Knight gets in, Wolf seems pretty much guaranteed given that he's a veteran who seems really easy to remake, and people actually want him back.

MasterOfZoroark

Smash Rookie
NNID
MasterOfZoroark
3DS FC
2165-8685-8074
I really would love Wolf to return. He recently became one of my mains for Brawl and it would be awesome to see him playable in Sm4sh as DLC. I just hope that they give him a better recovery and new Final Smash.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
On one hand, I'd say it makes a difference, seeing as every third party character in Smash Bros. has been a major, long-lasting icon in video games. On the other hand, I previously figured that we'd only get one third party character per company since having one company get multiple characters would be Nintendo showing preference for one company over another, and clearly that didn't work out like I expected.

Personally, I'd have no problem with Shovel Knight getting in - his game's fantastic, and there seems to be a lot that they could do with him as a character. However, there are a few other third party characters who I'd prefer to see (chief among them are Snake, Rayman, and Bayonetta), so I'm not as passionate about the character as I could be. (probably doesn't help that I haven't finished Shovel Knight yet)

I'm just not sure if this "leak" is particularly reliable, since from what I could tell, it seems to be based on Yacht Club Games saying that they have something big planned for exclusive Nintendo content (which could mean practically anything), and Nintendo and Yacht Club Games both being at PAX (which, seeing as Yacht Club is there to promote the Shovel Knight DLC and Nintendo's there to promote the Wii U, doesn't really mean anything - it's like saying that two companies are collaborating because they're both at E3). Not sure what it has to do with Wolf's chances, though - whether or not Shovel Knight gets in, Wolf seems pretty much guaranteed given that he's a veteran who seems really easy to remake, and people actually want him back.
I personally don't have any problem with him or anyone else getting in since there are people out there who actually do want to see Shovel Knight and/or other indie third parties for DLC so there's nothing we can do about it. I'm still pretty neutral about Wolf's chances of returning but I'm definitely one of the many people who would love to see him back.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I wouldn't mind seeing Shovel Knight getting into the game but I just want to see Wolf being confirmed first. :ohwell:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Yep, moar of :wolf: for you fans. The hope never ends.

Keep em' coming. :)
Yeah it does. Do you know how special you have to be to be in a game about Nintendo's greatest all stars and not even be a Nintendo character? You have to be a lot more special than having only one game, I will tell you that.
You do realize there are people that actually want him, right? Besides, this is all DLC so you don't have to waste your money on him if he does make it in. Same goes with all other characters you don't like.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I really would love Wolf to return. He recently became one of my mains for Brawl and it would be awesome to see him playable in Sm4sh as DLC. I just hope that they give him a better recovery and new Final Smash.
'Sup MasterOfZoroark? Really cool to see you've become a Wolf supporter. Your videos are awesome by the way!
I'll cry actual tears of joy if wolf or Ivysaur makes it in.

:006:
I'll start dancing and take my clothes off in front of the mirror if Wolf and Snake makes it back.
I will literally burst through the roof and launch like a human rocket into space if Wolf and Ice Climbers make it back.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Say, what happened to the Rosalina avatar you had before? I really loved that one.
I decided to do a weekly avatar thing as a countdown towards the end of the Ballot. So each week I'll change my avatar to my most wanted characters in order of how badly I want them in reverse order. But I might change it back in the future. I really love that picture too. She looks so badass.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I decided to do a weekly avatar thing as a countdown towards the end of the Ballot. So each week I'll change my avatar to my most wanted characters in order of how badly I want them in reverse order. But I might change it back in the future. I really love that picture too. She looks so badass.
Is that the whole image? Now that really is badazz, especially with that look on her lovely face.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
If the Shovel knight leak is legit, then why is he, a very young indie character, who hasn't released in Japan, getting in before Wolf, a series veteran, who is highly requested, a Nintendo All-Star, and starred in a bunch of games over the last 15 years?
I'm personally not a big fan of 3rd parties in smash, as I feel it sucks away what the game is about, a battle between Nintendo All Stars, but don't get me wrong, :4sonic::4megaman::4pacman: are good editions and are gaming icons, same goes for :4ryu:, but I'm not too crazy about him. I feel Shovel Knight just wouldn't fit in with the rest, heck if it wasn't for freaking Smashified*Insert Weegee Death Stare* I doubt he would have as much support as he does now.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
If the Shovel knight leak is legit, then why is he, a very young indie character, who hasn't released in Japan, getting in before Wolf, a series veteran, who is highly requested, a Nintendo All-Star, and starred in a bunch of games over the last 15 years?
I'm personally not a big fan of 3rd parties in smash, as I feel it sucks away what the game is about, a battle between Nintendo All Stars, but don't get me wrong, :4sonic::4megaman::4pacman: are good editions and are gaming icons, same goes for :4ryu:, but I'm not too crazy about him. I feel Shovel Knight just wouldn't fit in with the rest, heck if it wasn't for freaking Smashified*Insert Weegee Death Stare* I doubt he would have as much support as he does now.
I knew from the start people would go overboard requesting 3rd parties. Sure Nintendo said any video game character can be voted for, and I won't knock anyone's opinions on who they want, but it becomes too much with 3rd parties who have next to no impact or relevance to Nintendo specifically (slight exception with Snake) and characters who never appeared on a Nintendo console. While Shovel Knight does have his importance in the gaming industry, but it's more of an impact on the gaming industry as a whole more so than Nintendo specifically. It gets tricky with multiplatform characters. And I feel some type of veteran wrap-up would benefit the hype to potential newcomers rather than newcomers being released while veteran supporters are in agonizing anxiety waiting for their most wanted cut characters to return.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
So I heard that Cupcake dude backpedaled from his "very true rumor" back to a mere "speculation". He's gone too far and now trying to hide lel

JUST WHERE DO U FIND DEEZ TELL MEH
I'll cry actual tears of joy if wolf or Ivysaur makes it in.

:006:
I'll start dancing and take my clothes off in front of the mirror if Wolf and Snake makes it back.
I will literally burst through the roof and launch like a human rocket into space if Wolf and Ice Climbers make it back.
While you all are hoping for Wolf along with another veteran. If Wolf makes in, I'll be more than satisfied already.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So I heard that Cupcake dude backpedaled from his "very true rumor" back to a mere "speculation". He's gone too far and now trying to hide lel
I wouldn't worry too much about that ************. He was only doing that **** just to get attention like the Kardashians.

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman

JUST WHERE DO U FIND DEEZ TELL MEH

While you all are hoping for Wolf along with another veteran. If Wolf makes in, I'll be more than satisfied already.
I check everywhere for new Wolf images. Hell, I dreamed twice he would appear in a trailer, and released as DLC.

Logo12

Smash Lord
I check everywhere for new Wolf images. Hell, I dreamed twice he would appear in a trailer, and released as DLC.
Dreaming about Wolf happening... I've always thought of what will happen when trying to sleep, but always can't get rid of the thought that something terrible will happen instead... :[

Now only an announcement can soothe this recursive fear haunting in my pre-sleep time...

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Dreaming about Wolf happening... I've always thought of what will happen when trying to sleep, but always can't get rid of the thought that something terrible will happen instead... :[

Now only an announcement can soothe this recursive fear haunting in my pre-sleep time...
Same. My biggest fear now is that Shovel Knight getting in before Wolf. I know that Shovel Knight has a lot of things that go against him even getting in but still.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Same. My biggest fear now is that Shovel Knight getting in before Wolf. I know that Shovel Knight has a lot of things that go against him even getting in but still.
I don't see how Shovel Knight becoming playable instead of Wolf for Smash 4 are related in any way. We don't know Sakurai's plans for releasing DLC characters or know how much more characters he can add so it's not like there are reserved spots for anyone. A character we wouldn't expect could be revealed instead of SK and Wolf. I know that one character is 1st party and the other is 3rd party but if Nintendo and Sakurai see potential in adding SK in Smash then we don't have a say in it.

With that said I hope that rumor is true. I would buy him the minute he's on the eshop because I loved playing Shovel Knight's game so it doesn't effect me. :troll:

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Day 148: It's been nearly 5 months since the instation of the smash ballot and Wolf still hasn't come to end our worry. All we ask is to play as our favorite space lupine again. There's been drama, endless speculations, and failure. We need some success and justice for the unfairly cut Wolf.

But as of now, all we can do is spam votes for him and wait in hopes one day we truly dedicated fans get what we want in hopes to set things right.

Logo12

Smash Lord

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
So... just got wind of this shovel knight thing. I swear if Sakurai puts him in and not wolf I'll... I'll...be very cross :glare:

Seriously tho i'm hoping for something on wolf at PAX. Even if it's just his model for zero

Welcome MasterOfZoroark, to the Wolf thread. Everyone howls in joy!

That ain't Falco, he's supposed to be larger than Fox.

Last edited:
Top Bottom