• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Now that i think of it, why would they make a shovel knight amibo if he hasn't even been confirmed for smash? Mewtwo, lucas, ryu and roy don't have amibos yet, why does shovel knight already have his? Somethings not adding up.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Now that i think of it, why would they make a shovel knight amibo if he hasn't even been confirmed for smash? Mewtwo, lucas, ryu and roy don't have amibos yet, why does shovel knight already have his? Somethings not adding up.
Very good point. Another thing fishy about Takami's claim has been added.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Maybe the shovel knight amibo thing is true, but i don't think that means he's in smash. 3rd party characters are usually gaming icons that have a good connections with nintendo, and while shovel knight is cool and all he's certainly not iconic yet. As long as wolf comes back, I'll be happy with what ever character comes next.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
How are people thinking this does anything but hurt his chances for smash? It pretty clearly says "Shovel Knight" not "Super Smash Bros" in the top right corner and they certainly won't give him two amiibos

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'm expecting Shovel Knight to get a Mii Costume at most, he'd fit Mii Swordfighter pretty well with nearly the same proportions if you just give him a shovel instead of a sword.

PAX, during Nintendo's presentation should it have one, would be a great time to announce Wolf to coincide with Star Fox Zero. I bet they'll want to keep that train rolling. A Wolf for DLC announcement would hype up both Star Fox Zero AND Smash Bros 4.

I got this feeling in my gut that Wolf's chances to be revealed at PAX are high. Higher than a fully fledged Shovel Knight. I have nothing to back this up, but...

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Guys, I litterally just bet my friend an amiibo that Shovel Knight won't be announced tomorrow, you think I made the right call?

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I'm expecting Shovel Knight to get a Mii Costume at most, he'd fit Mii Swordfighter pretty well with nearly the same proportions if you just give him a shovel instead of a sword.

PAX, during Nintendo's presentation should it have one, would be a great time to announce Wolf to coincide with Star Fox Zero. I bet they'll want to keep that train rolling. A Wolf for DLC announcement would hype up both Star Fox Zero AND Smash Bros 4.

I got this feeling in my gut that Wolf's chances to be revealed at PAX are high. Higher than a fully fledged Shovel Knight. I have nothing to back this up, but...

Christ im hopin so. I just need comformation on my favorite fighter. They really need to announce someone soon if they wanna keep this hype train rollin.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Lolz really just a common of our choice. It's not like I'd have to give him my Shulk or Fox lolz
If it's a common one, then don't worry about. However, if it's a rare one like the retail exclusives, then you'll end up regretting it unless they'll be more restocks of those.

I would totally give away my Link, Zelda and Luigi (especially him since I didn't want him in the first place) but I will never give away my Shulk, Lucina, Mega Man and, most of all, Rosalina. They are the holy grail of my amiibo collection.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
If it's a common one, then don't worry about. However, if it's a rare one like the retail exclusives, then you'll end up regretting it unless they'll be more restocks of those.

I would totally give away my Link, Zelda and Luigi (especially him since I didn't want him in the first place) but I will never give away my Shulk, Lucina, Mega Man and, most of all, Rosalina. They are the holy grail of my amiibo collection.
I'd never give away Fox, Sonic, Toon Link, Shulk, Ike, Ness, Mario, Dark Pit, or Charzard (so all of them lol).

But it's more like the loser has to buy an amiibo from the store, not shell out $50 on a Villager.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'd never give away Fox, Sonic, Toon Link, Shulk, Ike, Ness, Mario, Dark Pit, or Charzard (so all of them lol).

But it's more like the loser has to buy an amiibo from the store, not shell out $50 on a Villager.
I'd give up my Pikachu amiibo easily because he is always stocked in my local stores.

You couldn't pry my Charizard amiibo from my cold dead hands. Wal-mart somehow got a couple in stock and managed to snag him at the normal $12 price. I realize I could wait and sell the thing but I don't want too. I unwraped that b**ch and leveled it to 50 in Smash Bros.

Also the SK amiibo stand does not have the smash logo, but a Shovel Knight helmet. A newer SK amiibo stand is also purple and not gold, probably to not confuse it with a Smash amiibo.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I'd give up my Pikachu amiibo easily because he is always stocked in my local stores.

You couldn't pry my Charizard amiibo from my cold dead hands. Wal-mart somehow got a couple in stock and managed to snag him at the normal $12 price. I realize I could wait and sell the thing but I don't want too. I unwraped that b**ch and leveled it to 50 in Smash Bros.

Also the SK amiibo stand does not have the smash logo, but a Shovel Knight helmet. A newer SK amiibo stand is also purple and not gold, probably to not confuse it with a Smash amiibo.
Not getting rid of any of my Amiibo, those things cost money. Unless someone gives me Rosalina, because she doesn't even exist here in Canada what with the no Target anymore and MarioTehPlumber.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

I also would never give away my Ike amiibo. And I gots to have Falco and hopefully Wolf, if he returns, in my collection, too.

And I see. Loser buys an amiibo for the winner, is it? And who would want to waste $50 for an amiibo?
(And again, I don't have amiibo at all here, those things costs hundreds ;()
Hundreds? Holy ****, no thank you!

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101

Youre really feeling it

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Not to change the subject but at this point I doubt Shovel Knights getting in. Anyways what changes would you like to see to Wolf when he gets in (I'll be honest he'll get in, just be patient. We know he's easy to make since Sakurai said that during an interview and a ton of ppl want him so he's guaranteed to make money easily off of Wolf). But what buffs or changes would you guys want to see to Wolf? Lucas/Roy/Mewtwo all changed a bit from Brawl/Melee so what do you think will change in our canine friendly ass hole Wolf?

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I only have the Falcon, Pikachu and Marth amiibos and Marth's the only one I would refuse to sacrifice (because he's my main, and his amiibo can be pretty damn useful everywhere (Code Name S.T.E.A.M., Fire Emblem: Fates and hopefully for an upcoming Fire Emblem game on Wii U).

I wouldn't mind seeing Shovel Knight getting in, but that would be a really unforgiveable move from Nintendo if they decided to include him at the detriment of other fan-favorite first-party characters (ex: Wolf, K. Rool, Isaac).

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Not to change the subject but at this point I doubt Shovel Knights getting in. Anyways what changes would you like to see to Wolf when he gets in (I'll be honest he'll get in, just be patient. We know he's easy to make since Sakurai said that during an interview and a ton of ppl want him so he's guaranteed to make money easily off of Wolf). But what buffs or changes would you guys want to see to Wolf? Lucas/Roy/Mewtwo all changed a bit from Brawl/Melee so what do you think will change in our canine friendly *** hole Wolf?
The two major buffs i can think of are, making it so he doesn't free fall after wolf flash, and make him have a better ledge sweetspot when in a helpless state. Changing his final smash would be nice, but if he keeps the land master i won't complain. Im more worried about his voice more than anything

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Welp smash bros maintence on the 31st

And it involves dlc i believe if i read it right.

If they put in content pack 4 in early (before they start talking about it.)

God knows when those hype killers know as data diggers find some ballot winner(s) in the data files.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432

God knows when those hype killers know as data diggers find some ballot winner(s) in the data files.
Where did you hear this?

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945

I can't wait to be spoiled.

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
Where did you hear this?
August 31
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp

Maintenance Information

From Monday, August 31, 2015 6:00 PM
- Monday, August 31, 2015 7:00 PM Pacific Time

During the maintenance window, the following services may be unavailable.

• Wii U
    • - Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
From Monday, August 31, 2015 5:00 PM
- Monday, August 31, 2015 6:00 PM Pacific Time

During the maintenance window, the following services may be unavailable.

• Nintendo 3DS
    • - Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I keep obsessively checking Smashboards and my Twitter feed in hopes of Smash news. I'm on a boat right now to relax, but I need Smash news now! I hope that this maintenance patch isn't just a run-of-the-mill ordeal.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
The only annoucements made at PAX so far from Nintendo were about indie titles (dat Runbow tho). Hopefully they still have something up their sleeve for big fat announcements. (Wolf for Smash pls)

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
This is a server maintenance so there's no guarantee we will get a software patch (the thing required to add new content to the game or bug fix things), but it is a possibility. I'd keep my eye on it. A lot of people are thinking Nintendo will announce something at PAX and this Tamaki guy (who Neo Zero and PushDustIn are confident about) thinks they will reveal Shovel Knight as a fully featured playable character, although Yacht Club Games has confirmed that the Shovel Knight amiibo will not be compatible with Smash. So if Shovel Knight is playable he would need a second amiibo, which is silly.

Like everyone else, I'm hoping Wolf. ANYTHING on Smash would be great right now. All we got is rumors.

The thirst is real, the salt dries our throats and we need a drink.

You know what to do, Nintendo:

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
So all we're getting is Xenoblade Chronicles X on Nintendo's side?

I guess that puts a dent in Tamaki's leak, although SK still has a while to come out before it's proven entirely false. Still, sad with no Wolf.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
So all we're getting is Xenoblade Chronicles X on Nintendo's side?

I guess that puts a dent in Tamaki's leak, although SK still has a while to come out before it's proven entirely false. Still, sad with no Wolf.
Well to be honest, I am at least relieved that SK thing isn't real. I really prefer having no Smash news at all than that.

Fuerzo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Erudites
There could easily be more stuff. It's three days, and they have other upcoming games to give information about.

Top Bottom