• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Games confirmed for PAX

• Full list of Nintendo games:
...Star Fox Zero
...Super Mario Maker
...The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes
...Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash
...Splatoon
...Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
...Skylanders SuperChargers Racing for Nintendo 3DS (with guest stars Bowser and Donkey Kong)

• Full list of Indie games:
...Action Henk (Curve Digital)
...FAST Racing Neo (Shin’en)
...Freedom Planet (Galaxy Trail)
...Hive Jump (Graphite Lab)
...Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty (Oddworld Inhabitants, Inc. / Just Add ...Water (Developments) Ltd. / Nephilim Games)
...Runbow (13AM Games)
...Shantae Half-Genie Hero (WayForward)
...Typoman (Headup Games / Brainseed Factory)
...Year Walk (Simogo / Dakko Dakko)
...Mutant Mudds Super Challenge (Renegade Kid)
...SteamWorld Heist (Image & Form)
...The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (Nicalis, Inc.)
...Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows (Yacht Club Games)

OranGiraffe

Smash Cadet
NNID
OranGiraffe
Games confirmed for PAX

...Star Fox Zero
...Super Mario Maker
...Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash
...Splatoon
...Skylanders SuperChargers Racing for Nintendo 3DS (with guest stars Bowser and Donkey Kong)

...Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty (Oddworld Inhabitants, Inc. / Just Add ...Water (Developments) Ltd. / Nephilim Games)
...Runbow (13AM Games)
Confirmed as in confirmed to be talked about? I'm actually forgetting what happens at PAX, I just know it's about games.

Ryuvain

Lord of Revenge
Games confirmed for PAX

...Star Fox Zero
...Super Mario Maker
...Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash
...Splatoon

...Runbow (13AM Games)
Maybe there's a light in the darkness?
Count me finally intrigued.
Mostly Rebirth...

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Games confirmed for PAX

...Star Fox Zero
...Super Mario Maker
...Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash
...Splatoon

...Runbow (13AM Games)
This certainly seems promising, but for Smash, it could simply be a reminder of DLC we already have. But who knows at this point. They could really do a blow out and announce a character. Preferably Wolf to coincide with Star Fox Zero, showing Wolf's amiibo to be compatible with SFZ, Smash 4, and Super Mario Maker

StormshockNightbringer

Smash Rookie
NNID
Stormshock
Games confirmed for PAX

...Star Fox Zero
...Super Mario Maker
...Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash
...Splatoon

...Runbow (13AM Games)
Hoping for Wolf (Like we all are) and hoping that maybe instead of just having his Brawl look or a look based on Zero he's got maybe both and they announce like a first wave of character alt costumes. That'd be sick.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Confirmed as in confirmed to be talked about? I'm actually forgetting what happens at PAX, I just know it's about games.
Confirmed to be playable at PAX.

Hoping for Wolf (Like we all are) and hoping that maybe instead of just having his Brawl look or a look based on Zero he's got maybe both and they announce like a first wave of character alt costumes. That'd be sick.
omg u finally talked
This certainly seems promising, but for Smash, it could simply be a reminder of DLC we already have. But who knows at this point. They could really do a blow out and announce a character. Preferably Wolf to coincide with Star Fox Zero, showing Wolf's amiibo to be compatible with SFZ, Smash 4, and Super Mario Maker
Dunno, these sound a bit too hopeful, but there's something to look at.

If only they don't show something we already know again...

OranGiraffe

Smash Cadet
NNID
OranGiraffe
Confirmed to be playable at PAX.
daaaaang it. If they were flat out talking about the games then there would be more hope but we'll see. I'll be pretty bummed if they show Wolf in the SFZ gameplay without mentioning anything about Smash. That'd be an even bigger blow.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
daaaaang it. If they were flat out talking about the games then there would be more hope but we'll see. I'll be pretty bummed if they show Wolf in the SFZ gameplay without mentioning anything about Smash. That'd be an even bigger blow.
It'll be slightly disappointing to not see anything about Wolf being in Smash, yes, but I'm not sure if it will mean anything for or against him. Though I do kind of wonder if he'll fulfill any roles other than his usual one.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Not getting my hopes up about this PAX thing. I'd be surprised if they actually revealed something.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Sakurai should've went crazy with alt costumes instead of giving them to a select few on the roster, and making two of them playable characters. There's so much potential.

Logo12

Smash Lord
That's not the first time he responded actually. He made a reply about why we support Wolf a couple of pages back.
I know he had once responded already, but I don't remember him responding recently other than the use of likes.

I am not expecting anything at PAX, but if something were to happen, that would be incredible!

But I have been horribly wrong before!
Not getting my hopes up about this PAX thing. I'd be surprised if they actually revealed something.
Yeeaaaaahh.

Let's not get too excited about this guys, it's not the first time Smash/SF0 are shown in a Gaming Expo since E3 and there's still no news so yeah. :/

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Guess I'll ride the hype train then since most everyone else seems to be pessimistic about Smash and SF0 being shown at PAX. Need a pick me up anyways and if the train crashes, I can just add it along with all of the other train wrecks I've been going through~

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
That's kinda what I've been thinking. It would be cool to see Wolf get the "Wario treatment" and maybe Fox and Falco will get Zero alts as well even though Fox doesn't look very different at all besides looking like a plushie. :chuckle:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
So, this Doctor Cupcakes guy apparently believes, firmly, that Shovel Knight is up next. He also replied to a tweet from the Kremilng Kampaigners saying that he feels like King K. Rool's chances are lower tha. Shrek's at this point. Whoever runs the Wolf for DLC Twitter needs to ask this guy what he thinks Wolf's chances are.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Wolf get Wario treatment? You mean make him have all those fart jokes and stuff? Eww no.
I meant in terms of alt costumes. XD
So, this Doctor Cupcakes guy apparently believes, firmly, that Shovel Knight is up next. He also replied to a tweet from the Kremilng Kampaigners saying that he feels like King K. Rool's chances are lower tha. Shrek's at this point. Whoever runs the Wolf for DLC Twitter needs to ask this guy what he thinks Wolf's chances are.
Yeah... If he says Shrek has a higher chance to get in than K. Rool then I would take what he says with a tiny grain of salt.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Well

Either he's very wrong or I'm gonna have another 2 months wasted into utter dehype.

This is fun, right? :(

Last edited:

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
Wolf.
Wolf.
WOLF.

I'd like to actually play as him (yup, I don't have Brawl) , especially now that I realize that he's not a clone, not even a semi-clone. Quick development time because of Brawl, he'd pull a lot of money…I think Wolf should be the last veteran DLC fighter. I think we'll get 4 veterans and 4 newcomers.
And Wolf would fit well as one of the vets.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Wolf.
Wolf.
WOLF.

I'd like to actually play as him (yup, I don't have Brawl) , especially now that I realize that he's not a clone, not even a semi-clone. Quick development time because of Brawl, he'd pull a lot of money…I think Wolf should be the last veteran DLC fighter. I think we'll get 4 veterans and 4 newcomers.
And Wolf would fit well as one of the vets.
So uh

Is the Bandana Dee thread officially allies with Wolf thread now?

(I mean, there has been so many users moving across the two supports and stuff recently lol)

Last edited:

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
Very unrelated point but that's apparently what I've heard of from that Cupcake dude:

But seriously, did anyone tweet him about Wolf yet? (I know he's pretty much unreliable at this point but just curious)
I did.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
That's kinda what I've been thinking. It would be cool to see Wolf get the "Wario treatment" and maybe Fox and Falco will get Zero alts as well even though Fox doesn't look very different at all besides looking like a plushie. :chuckle:
Star Fox plushy amiibo confirmed.
After all, Wolf is still a cut veteran...
Emphasis on the still. Why can't we just have him in already?

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
What credibility does this Doctor Cupcakes guy have? Based on the last few tweets I have read from him, he seems about as reliable as my grandma would be on Smash Bros.

Especially that remark about Shrek and King K. Rool. Even if you believe that King K. Rool has lower chances now, Shrek will never happen, and this is confirmed, so it is impossible for Shrek to be more likely than King K. Rool. Obviously it was an exaggeration but I still think he is not a reliable source.

Shovel Knight does not at ALL deserve to be in Smash. He has no relevance in Japan at all, has been in ONE GAME, and has done nothing for the community. If he is in Smash, then Sakurai has officially lost all sanity.

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
What credibility does this Doctor Cupcakes guy have? Based on the last few tweets I have read from him, he seems about as reliable as my grandma would be on Smash Bros.

Especially that remark about Shrek and King K. Rool. Even if you believe that King K. Rool has lower chances now, Shrek will never happen, and this is confirmed, so it is impossible for Shrek to be more likely than King K. Rool. Obviously it was an exaggeration but I still think he is not a reliable source.

Shovel Knight does not at ALL deserve to be in Smash. He has no relevance in Japan at all, has been in ONE GAME, and has done nothing for the community. If he is in Smash, then Sakurai has officially lost all sanity.
His tweets now seem like he's bored and wants to mess with people because he knows some people count him as credible information. Also, I doubt sakurai will put him in the game because the 3rd party chars have a theme of icons of gaming, which a year old one game character doesn't fit.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432

My thoughts exactly. I personally wouldn't take much of what he says as gospel tbh.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

I couldn't have said it any better. Also PAX is tomorrow so be on the lookout for any major announcements.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

May I point out that this whole "this character only appeared in one game" argument died a very long time ago. The number of games a character appeared in does not affect their chances off being in Smash Bros. I mean some of the characters on the Sm4sh roster only appeared in one or two games and yet, there they are, for example :4shulk:, :4robinm: and :4duckhunt:.

Other than that, as Yoshisaurus Rex said, I wouldn't take anything this "Doctor Babycakes" (...lovely ._.) guy says too seriously.

Top Bottom