• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
Well at least we get a Wolfen, which, you know, is for Wolf.

Unless Wolf has designed an self-driving Wolfen that is

If Nintendo really forgets him, Hashimoto won't be out to tweet, confirming his existence...

They must be hiding something, right?... r.. right?

Wut?
In the U.S., Greninja and Jigglypuff were added to amiibo wave 4 last minute.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Hey everyone. I'm unable to link it because I'm on mobile, but check out Nintendo of America's latest tweet. Nintendo is gonna be at PAX, which conveniently falls on August 28th through the 31st. Not exactly a Direct, but something like this may just turn out to be a whole lot better.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Hey everyone. I'm unable to link it because I'm on mobile, but check out Nintendo of America's latest tweet. Nintendo is gonna be at PAX, which conveniently falls on August 28th through the 31st. Not exactly a Direct, but something like this may just turn out to be a whole lot better.

here

I dunno what to expect tho. What's that PAX thing?

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
What if they were Star Fox amiibo and not smash amiibo? I actually want that to happen
I'd love that! But, of course, if Wolf is an amiibo. What a nice introduction for me to the whole Star Fox series would be. I haven't played any single game, I have faith I will someday!
YET I'M 100% :wolf: FAN! He's the kind of characters you would love even if you haven't played any game of the series.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Konami would make a Metal Gear Pachinko machine before they let Snake back in Smash.
Hit the lever!

It was in a tweet.
I'm scared about Wolf now. (What's the matter, scared?) Yes, Wolf, I am. You're not appearing anywhere, just your Wolfen. Damn Nintendo, you're forgetting him...
This pic makes me feel so isolated. No Falco love from Nintendo. :(
I'm Ok if they don't release Wolf amiibo AS LONG AS Nintendo doesn't release Slippy and/or Peppy ones aswell.
You know why...
AAAAHH! I'm hit!

Logo12

Smash Lord
It is a gaming expo like E3. Its full name is Penny Arcade Expo.
Arcade? :|
Does it include Metal Gear pachinko or something?

But you know, Gamescom, which is a Gaming Expo too (as I've checked) and there's not any news at all.

I'm Ok if they don't release Wolf amiibo AS LONG AS Nintendo doesn't release Slippy and/or Peppy ones aswell.
You know why...
You remind me something from GameExplain(?)'s E3 prediction.

"Like Fire Emblem, if your teammate is killed, they're gone forever! But if you scan their amiibo, they will return!"
Something like that lol

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I'm not really worried about wolf's lack of info yet. If they announced an amibo, then everyone will be like "Well he's sure to be in smash now!" It's not like he's playable in star fox, what purpose would a wolf amibo serve other than a smash character or a costume in super mario maker. Sakurai probably want to reavel him as a surprise. Like what happen with lucas, his character was revealed right out of the blue. Hell, even ryu and Roy were gonna be surprises if it weren't for those leaks.

Logo12

Smash Lord
I'm not really worried about wolf's lack of info yet. If they announced an amibo, then everyone will be like "Well he's sure to be in smash now!" It's not like he's playable in star fox, what purpose would a wolf amibo serve other than a smash character or a costume in super mario maker. Sakurai probably want to reavel him as a surprise. Like what happen with lucas, his character was revealed right out of the blue. Hell, even ryu and Roy were gonna be surprises if it weren't for those leaks.
Well, being someone who has been worrying since June...

I feel like these "Wolf info isn't shown because they want to surprise people" is as over-hopeful as "K Rool's costume helping him". Maybe not *that* much over-expecting but still. You have no solid evidence to support or debunk these known as furtive fallacies (things having a hidden conspiracy in behind or such). Sure, the lack of info may hint into something, but on the darker side, it might hint that he's forgotten as well.

Yet we're still making these conspiracy theories to make things seem more hopeful...

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
That would probably be the case. He'd want us to be surprised after past disastrous leaks so we stay excited. Maybe he's planning some strange setup with a goal to prevent leakers from catching up to him.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I'd just like to mention that Wolf has been playable in two Starfox games. He was an unlockable character in Assault's multiplayer (and my favourite character to use, that running speed was amazing) and he was playable in Command where him along with the rest of Star Wolf were really powerful units.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
We don't know if he's playable in Zero or not. All we know about is vs. Wolf mode.

At this point it looks like Wolf may prevail if they decide to give SF a dlc character.

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
This NoA chart suggests nor Wolf amiibo nor any other Star Fox Zero amiibo won't be, if they ever were reality, coming out this year.

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I apologize about my lack knowledge of PAX but do announcements from Nintendo usually happen there? I'm just a little suspicious about it.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
You know why...
Them's fightin words.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
This NoA chart suggests nor Wolf amiibo nor any other Star Fox Zero amiibo won't be, if they ever were reality, coming out this year.

The amiibo compatible SF characters will be Fox and Falco but Wolf in Smash 4 can happen on maybe a small release trailer.

Still having hope here

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Can't let you see me!

(This is from the Star Fox Zero's boxart)

Edit: (Not mine)
Unlike other DLC candidates, Wolf has the relevancy of a new game to help him, he's a core part of the Star Fox series, heck Fox would be dead if it wasn't for him. He's unlike the others, he was put into Brawl due to popularity, he is currently one of the most requested characters for DLC, not putting him in at this point would be a sign of pure bias. He's a Nintendo All Star, who deserves to be with his fellow All Stars in smash, and in Amiibo form , and of course in Mario Maker.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101

It was in a tweet.
I'm scared about Wolf now. (What's the matter, scared?) Yes, Wolf, I am. You're not appearing anywhere, just your Wolfen. Damn Nintendo, you're forgetting him...
Yes,a tweet from Nintendo,revealing an amiibo for someone who wasn't revealed

And I thought the Mii Fighter amiibo weren't coming until November

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Last edited:

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
Maybe we're making these theories to entertain ourselves due to this news bust.
Massive update in June,and then--nothing.(No,I'm not counting the Mii costume pack released at the end of July.Mii costumes aren't that great anyway--but that's coming from me who purchased the Inkling[for trophy completion]and Heihachi costumes.)
EDIT:
This joker's at it again, https://twitter.com/Doctor_Cupcakes/status/636263633610231811
For those who don't know he's got such a good track record for leaking stuff, that even @PushDustIn trusts him so I've heard.
AND THIS JUST GOT REAL.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Every time I see another theory in here, I just leave and listen to music. That's real entertainment right there.

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
This joker's at it again, https://twitter.com/Doctor_Cupcakes/status/636263633610231811
For those who don't know he's got such a good track record for leaking stuff, that even @PushDustIn trusts him so I've heard.
Yeah, he usually knows information before we do and gets information about canceled games/content and their development ( this guy is connected af), I don't think he's a person who will leak something before it's announced, so I don't think he will go and say this is the next character or something like that.

Also, @ MeleeMario64 MeleeMario64 , do you need the inkling outfit or the squid hat ( or either) to get the trophy and is the trophy in the 3ds version too?

MarthOfHyrule

Smash Cadet
NNID
MarthOfHyrule
I actually live right next to the NIntendo office building in Kyoto, Japan (i am japanese..my mom is japanese) and I've tried screaming for wolf. it didn't work.

or did it

MarthOfHyrule

Smash Cadet
NNID
MarthOfHyrule
ダウンローダブルコンテンツのキャラクターにウルフください
Please Wolf for downloadable content character

Last edited:
Top Bottom