• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Maybe so, but whether or not Sakurai and Namco actually like Wolf, I don't think they hate him, especially to the point of not wanting him to be playable. I am sure of that.
Yeah that's probably true.

Bias/hatred is the only reason I can think of on why Wolf wouldn't be in the game.

Logic is in Wolf's favor in every way possible so bias/hatred or something stupid like that would be the only thing that can stop him from making it in.

It's more of a worst case scenario thing more than anything that surely won't ever happen.

tldr: It's my way of trying to boost people's confidence by saying that his chances of making it into the game are 99.9%

PyroBandit

Smash Cadet
As a Roy supporter who's super hyped, here's my two cents:

If a character as obscure as Roy can be brought back from the Melee grave, then I have no doubt that Wolf will be making his comeback very soon.

Count me in as an official supporter, because not bringing him back is ridiculous.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah that's probably true.

Bias/hatred is the only reason I can think of on why Wolf wouldn't be in the game.

Logic is in Wolf's favor in every way possible so bias/hatred or something stupid like that would be the only thing that can stop him from making it in.

It's more of a worst case scenario thing more than anything that surely won't ever happen.

tldr: It's my way of trying to boost people's confidence by saying that his chances of making it into the game are 99.9%
I have to agree with that, JML. I can see Wolf getting in, and as you said, there is not much that is stopping Wolf from being DLC.

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
I think best case scenario is that Wolf is teased in the Mini E3 Smash Direct Thing for a later release, similar to how Mewtwo and Lucas were announced. At the very least, his chances are still great even if he is not mentioned.

First Fallout 4 and XCOM 2 were announced, then Forza got Porsche back. If Wolf is announced, then this will be a very good few weeks for me.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
I've noticed a pattern. First we get Mewtwo, a Melee vet, then we get Lucas, a Brawl vet, now we have Roy, another Melee vet. If that pattern continues then Wolf would be really likely. So maybe the pre-ballot characters will look like this: 2 Melee vets, 2 Brawl vets, and if Sakurai really wants to give us a treat, 2 Newcomers.

smashplayer360

Smash Rookie
NNID
mariofan360
3DS FC
1177-6528-3809
I feel like they are saving him for E3 so he can get the spotlight

Oh and you can add me as a supporter for wolf

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I've noticed a pattern. First we get Mewtwo, a Melee vet, then we get Lucas, a Brawl vet, now we have Roy, another Melee vet. If that pattern continues then Wolf would be really likely. So maybe the pre-ballot characters will look like this: 2 Melee vets, 2 Brawl vets, and if Sakurai really wants to give us a treat, 2 Newcomers.
That could be very possible. Even though I won't use either of them much, I'm still pretty hyped for Roy and Ryu.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
Last two E3 years we had 3 characters revealed, each year getting one third party. One of these 3 would always be revealed separately, not in the E3 digital direct. This year I think it will go like this: Roy revealed in the Smash Direct, Ryu revealed midway through E3 Digital Event, and Wolf revealed in the Digital Event with StarFox. OR, Ryu and Roy revealed together, and Wolf is the odd one out.

Just a possibility. We will find out half of the story by tomorrow.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Say, I must ask: The presentation, as I have heard, is 20 minutes long, so that should be enough time to show off more than two characters, right?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I doubt they'll show more than 2, if they have more at least one will be saved for the E3 direct
If there is a character for E3 at all. I do think that is possible, but I am not sure about a character being in E3. Don't know why, though. You guys think it is likely?

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
What time is the Direct in EST? I think Wolf's files might be in the update but it's good to know that Mewtwo and Lucas didn't have any files prior to their releases so it could be the same for Wolf.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
If anyone has any idea what this commenter is talking about, please share, so far I've found nothing,
Alexander Florida 7 hours ago
"WOLF HAS BEEN LEAKED news-wolf in smash 4 was leaked YES OUR BOY ROY MORE LIKE OUR BOY WOLF YEAH!"
seriously why do some you guys think wolfs is dead?

I see wolf as a lock for playable now.
We don't have any new info for Wolf at the moment so we are a bit on edge.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
If anyone has any idea what this commenter is talking about, please share, so far I've found nothing,
Alexander Florida 7 hours ago
"WOLF HAS BEEN LEAKED news-wolf in smash 4 was leaked YES OUR BOY ROY MORE LIKE OUR BOY WOLF YEAH!"

We don't have any new info for Wolf at the moment so we are a bit on edge.
The commenter could just be trolling. I would take it with a grain of salt.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Roy getting in instead of Wolf is mind blowing, let's hope Wolf is being worked on.
You have to consider that the reason Roy was included are the same reason Wolf will likely be included down the line. Roy was a very popular character, especially in Japan. During Melee, Roy was more popular than Marth. If all three characters do launch tomorrow, I would not be surprised if Wolf is not far behind.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
Just want yall to know I am cheering Wolf on and have my support!

Honestly even tho I never used him I was super pissed to find he was cut for no darn reason at all... I thought the Star Fox franchise was fine as is back in brawl.

I threw a vote his way because I had 2 buddies that mained him and i felt very bad for them. I definitely feel y'all are up next as DLC! Gotta be! Wolf is a pretty popular pick. I mean im already disgusted that DK and Star Fox only have 2 reps and now Capcom a 3rd party company has just as many as them. I would like to think Nintendo would take care of their own 1st party franchises equally before worrying about more 3rd party characters.

I would like to see reps more equally distributed among franchises. Fire Emblem didn't NEED anymore reps specially not Roy if we have Marth and Lucina (that is just my opinion) I just hope Sakurai doesn't add anymore disappointment by NOT adding Wolf...

Im excited to see what E3 has in store for Wolf! Thats gotta be his day. I can feel it.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Just want yall to know I am cheering Wolf on and have my support!

Honestly even tho I never used him I was super pissed to find he was cut for no darn reason at all... I thought the Star Fox franchise was fine as is back in brawl.

I threw a vote his way because I had 2 buddies that mained him and i felt very bad for them. I definitely feel y'all are up next as DLC! Gotta be! Wolf is a pretty popular pick. I mean im already disgusted that DK and Star Fox only have 2 reps and now Capcom a 3rd party company has just as many as them. I would like to think Nintendo would take care of their own 1st party franchises equally.

I would like to see reps more equally distributed among franchises. Fire Emblem didn't NEED anymore reps specially not Roy if we have Marth and Lucina (that is just my opinion) I just hope Sakurai doesn't add anymore disappointment by NOT adding Wolf...

Im excited to see what E3 has in store for Wolf! Thats gotta be his day. I can feel it.
I agree that FE didn't need 5 reps. That's literally the same amount as LoZ and FE is not at that caliber, although Roy as it seems has been modified to be less of a clone (luigification basically). Hopefully Wolf gets revealed at E3.

Rosalinatehplumber

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mariotrains
Switch FC
2537-5587-9586
Remember, we still have those 2 Mario slots left that was found 2 months ago. Just keep the ball rolling until he gets confirm.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
2 more characters left before the ballot. You see, veterans are easier to put in, and they are easier to please people with. The ballot spots I think will be entirely newcomers, but the remaining two slots pre-ballot are probably either veterans or a newcomer that seems like a shoe-in (like Inkling) or something not a lot of people think about (like the already present Ryu).

Wolf's chances are stronger than ever. The ONLY newcomers that I think are possibilities for pre-ballot DLC are Inkling and Marshal (apparently Chorus Kids were supposed to be in but got cut for similar reasons as Ice Climbers).

The ONLY contenders for veterans I think are Wolf, a single frame/single Ice Clmber/Climbers, or Snake (who seems unlikely). Young Link and Pichu are both unnecessary as full content, maybe they can be alt costumes.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
2 more characters left before the ballot. You see, veterans are easier to put in, and they are easier to please people with. The ballot spots I think will be entirely newcomers, but the remaining two slots pre-ballot are probably either veterans or a newcomer that seems like a shoe-in (like Inkling) or something not a lot of people think about (like the already present Ryu).

Wolf's chances are stronger than ever. The ONLY newcomers that I think are possibilities for pre-ballot DLC are Inkling and Marshal (apparently Chorus Kids were supposed to be in but got cut for similar reasons as Ice Climbers).

The ONLY contenders for veterans I think are Wolf, a single frame/single Ice Clmber/Climbers, or Snake (who seems unlikely). Young Link and Pichu are both unnecessary as full content, maybe they can be alt costumes.
I still think we're gonna get Dixie

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice

I agree. Wolf is now the frontrunner for cut vets. Who else is there? Young Link (Toon Link now), Pichu (who cares), Ice Climbers (seems unlikely), Snake (very unlikely), Ivysaur and Squirtle (very unlikely, plus 7 pokemon is enough)

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
You guys don't have to worry too much. Wolf could always be a surprise reveal in the Digital Event on Tuesday. Even if theirs no E3 announcement for Wolf, i'm pretty much 100% sure that he'll be in Smash down the line. My personal theory is that their holding back Wolf to be released closer to Star Fox Wii U's release though personally I want to see him in earlier.

Also, i'm absolutely ecstatic about seeing my boy :4feroy:in the game! :4ryu:is also a pretty cool addition to the roster IMO.

Top Bottom