• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I kind of want every veteran to return, at this stage.

:icsmelee: are a victim of circumstance, and would be very welcome if they could address their technical issues;

I actually unironically adore :pichumelee:;

If Sakurai wants to do something a tad different with him, :younglinkmelee: could work;

:squirtle: and :ivysaur: are pretty fun, and it'd be nice to round off the starter trio;

:snake: is ridonk fun, no two ways about it.

Yep, I'd be happy with all of the veterans to come back.

Except that :wolf: thing, he's awful.

:3

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Just in case you forgot, even if Wolf is not in the presentation tomorrow, there is still that update coming after. With the data miners ready, we could still see Wolf in the game's files, just like how we saw Roy and Ryu's data found after Mewtwo came out with that update. I would not lose hope of seeing news about him soon just yet.

And of course, if we don't get anything, we still have that Digital Event on Tuesday.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I agree. Wolf is now the frontrunner for cut vets. Who else is there? Young Link (Toon Link now), Pichu (who cares), Ice Climbers (seems unlikely), Snake (very unlikely), Ivysaur and Squirtle (very unlikely, plus 7 pokemon is enough)
I care.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Just in case you forgot, even if Wolf is not in the presentation tomorrow, there is still that update coming after. With the data miners ready, we could still see Wolf in the game's files, just like how we saw Roy and Ryu's data found after Mewtwo came out with that update. I would not lose hope of seeing news about him soon just yet.

And of course, if we don't get anything, we still have that Digital Event on Tuesday.
Unless there's new data in the 3DS version(which is possible), it's not in the WiiU. The WiiU still has the spaces listed as Mario iirc.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If Wolf and Snake are in the files come 1.0.8, my hype level is going to know no bounds!

Wolf VS Pichu! The ultimate battle of veterans getting the last pre-ballot spot! :estatic:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I can't let you do that SMX. Round 2: Wolf eats Pichu.
I guess Mewtwo couldn't stand up to Wolf's might huh?

Too bad for:pichumelee:. Maybe he'll get lucky in Smash 5 or even have an appearance as a DLC Assist Trophy in this game. That would be pretty cool.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
To whoever asked "why some of you think Wolf is dead", I don't really feel like so, but the things are:
  1. The new characters are revealed already; so all hype is lost for the presentation
  2. Now that Ryu gets in, 2 preset "rules" are broken: No "fighting characters" and No "two rep from a 3rd party company". This opens more floodgate which may look the future of DLC campaigns look worse (imo)
  3. As the "open pre-ballot slots" are decreasing, there's more to worry about the possibility.
So yeah, it's not like these hadn't happened before, but yeah. :[

Again, we're now trapped back in a waiting and hoping game, wishing that Wolf perhaps would appear at the Digital Event or sometime later.

Shroob

Sup?
To whoever asked "why some of you think Wolf is dead", I don't really feel like so, but the things are:
  1. The new characters are revealed already; so all hype is lost for the presentation
  2. Now that Ryu gets in, 2 preset "rules" are broken: No "fighting characters" and No "two rep from a 3rd party company". This opens more floodgate which may look the future of DLC campaigns look worse (imo)
  3. As the "open pre-ballot slots" are decreasing, there's more to worry about the possibility.

Again, we're now trapped back in a waiting and hoping game, wishing that Wolf perhaps would appear at the Digital Event or sometime later.
Ya should relax. There's two slots left, and we don't even know if that includes the ballot character.

shane3x

Saint of Swords

1. All new characters that are done and imminent. Having wolf announced but more details to be given later and to be released more around Star Fox Wii U is more likely.

2. When Smash 4 came out all the rules were already broken.

3. He's pretty much the highest chance to be the next character for pre-ballot spaces, and of course once the ballot ends its not like he isnt allowed to be in the game if he isnt already before it ends in October because he is one of the highest voted characters anyway.

Ya should relax. There's two slots left, and we don't even know if that includes the ballot character.
When did they ever give an upper number to the number of characters that will be in smash bros as DLC?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
1. All new characters that are done and imminent. Having wolf announced but more details to be given later and to be released more around Star Fox Wii U is more likely.

2. When Smash 4 came out all the rules were already broken.

3. He's pretty much the highest chance to be the next character for pre-ballot spaces, and of course once the ballot ends its not like he isnt allowed to be in the game if he isnt already before it ends in October because he is one of the highest voted characters anyway.

When did they ever give an upper number to the number of characters that will be in smash bros as DLC?
Currently, the 3ds/WiiU has/had 6 dummy slots when the Mewtwo patch hit.

Mewtwo, Roy, Lucas, and Ryu took four of those. The last two are empty. There could very well be more DLC later, but at the moment, we know they were working on at least 6 characters.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Currently, the 3ds/WiiU has/had 6 dummy slots when the Mewtwo patch hit.

Mewtwo, Roy, Lucas, and Ryu took four of those. The last two are empty. There could very well be more DLC later, but at the moment, we know they were working on at least 6 characters.
Wouldn't be hard to resize things and add more slots.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman

There was never a rule that said that third party companies could only have 1 rep. I don't think Sakurai ever said that. Also Little Mac is a fighting game character.

Shroob

Sup?
Wouldn't be hard to resize things and add more slots.
I'm not talking about slots on the CSS, I'm talking about places in the code. The code dictates that, currently, 6 dlc characters were being worked on, and they didn't add anymore in the WiiU's update, so we know they're still working on 6 currently.

Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy and Ryu are 'done'. 2 are still missing. My guess is Wolf and the ballot character, or someone completely out of left field.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
For the "rule" thing, I mean, these "common mindsets". While that had always been possible, Ryu's addition proved more about it. Now ballot characters are getting more wild and stuff.

For "there's no set amount", while that's true, I don't really think developers would make the whole game like ~20% DLC characters, right? There's no absolute amount, but there's an acceptance limit, that it's not likely to get more after some amount of characters. The 5 "Mario"s gave us a minimum limit for DLCs possible, but we can't really be sure about how many more we may get.

I would surely like to relax, but now that the "pre-ballot gate" is shrinking as we talk, it's not really impossible not to worry.

Sure Wolf may be in as a ballot character (Again, it's not a election poll or such), but there are still so many competitors around, so it's not like Wolf is still a shoe-in after the 6 pre-ballots.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
I'm not talking about slots on the CSS, I'm talking about places in the code. The code dictates that, currently, 6 dlc characters were being worked on, and they didn't add anymore in the WiiU's update, so we know they're still working on 6 currently.

Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy and Ryu are 'done'. 2 are still missing. My guess is Wolf and the ballot character, or someone completely out of left field.
I didn't think I needed to explicitly state that if you resized the portraits and added more slots you'd also need to change the backend code to support that but I guess it does.

Shroob

Sup?
I didn't think I needed to explicitly state that if you resized the portraits and added more slots you'd also need to change the backend code to support that but I guess it does.
My comment was never about the CSS though... There were 5 dummy slots in the code outside of Mewtwo. Nowhere in this does this have anything to do with the select screen, just that currently there's room for 5 extra dlc characters not including Mewtwo IN THE GAME IN GENERAL, NOT THE SELECT SCREEN.

They could add more in the future, but at the moment they are working on these 5.

Last edited:

shane3x

Saint of Swords
My comment was never about the CSS though... There were 5 dummy slots in the code outside of Mewtwo. Nowhere in this does this have anything to do with the select screen, just that currently there's room for 5 extra dlc characters not including Mewtwo IN THE GAME IN GENERAL, NOT THE SELECT SCREEN.

They could add more in the future, but at the moment they are working on these 5.
Calm down captain capitals. Im not the one who impled that there was only 2 slots left without context.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
We basically got Melee 2.0 now so I say Brawl 2.0 too with Wolf's comeback. It's happening ^^

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just to be clear, two of the three N64 stages (Peach's Castle and Hyrule Castle) aren't available today - they'll be out later.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Nothing. Absolutely nothing. They didn't even hint at anything special with Falco's Amiibo. The only possible hint we got was that when they revealed Ryu, the first character standing in line to fight him was Fox. Even then, we don't know if it was because of his animation, or if they just threw the most subtle of subtle hints ever at us. I'm fine with Lucas, but I'm not a fan of Roy or especially Ryu. Today has seriously been a kick to the face

Shroob

Sup?
Sakurai himself is aware of past characters' popularity. He said it himself in the trailer referring to Roy and Lucas. I think it's about time we all calm down for now.

Laniv

Smash Champion
E3... E3... E3...

Never give up... trust your instincts.

Seriously, I wouldn't give up now.

Top Bottom