• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Well, Sakurai mentioned how Roy was from Melee, and Lucas was from Brawl.
Really stretching it, but maybe this hints at Wolf because Wolf+Lucas=2 characters from Brawl and Mewtwo+Roy=2 characters from Melee therefore it's balanced.

Shroob

Sup?
Before y'all expect Wolf to be shown off, you really should wait until Star Fox WiiU at least gets a proper reveal at E3. If they're going to use Wolf to promote it, they're going to at least wait until the game is shown off first.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
They just released 3 characters at once. I see no need to be dissapointed. This will probably only mean that Wolf will be linked with other DLC characters. Maybe Ice Climbers, or the like? Sakurai did mention that Lucas and Roy especially where really popular. Well, I can't imagine Wolf not coming back because he's probably about as popular as both.

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
They just released 3 characters at once. I see no need to be dissapointed. This will probably only mean that Wolf will be linked with other DLC characters. Maybe Ice Climbers, or the like? Sakurai did mention that Lucas and Roy especially where really popular. Well, I can't imagine Wolf not coming back because he's probably about as popular as both.
That and supposedly Wolf is one of Sakurai's favorite characters. He wanted Wolf to be in Melee after all but there wasnt time.

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I don't think we'll see Wolf during the digital direct. They would have just shown him off during the presentation. There is more content coming in August, and I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't announced then. He'll likely return because of fan demand and the fact he'd be easy to implement.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Say, do you guys really think there will be a Smash reveal at the Digital Event at E3? Just curious.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
I'm not sure, and that will mostly not affect me either, E3 doesn't happen here.

If Wolf doesn't appear there, then all my motivation and hope is lost, because our 2-month wait will have been wasted, and we would need to wait further or to accept the fact that Sakurai may really not make Wolf return.

Who knows, we can only wait... or find dataminers to seek anything positive

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Sorry to tag you again, @InASnowBoundLand , but your idea is worth re-posting!

Guys, this from the K. Rool thread. It's definitely worth doing for Wolf, too. ;)

Don't have access to my WII U/3DS right now, but those that do consider making a post in support of #KrocTheVote/K.Rool in Diddy and DK's miiverse image communities. Maybe some other characters that thematically match up like Bowser, King DeDeDe, might work too. Free advertising!!! Link back to your post here so we can give it a yeah, too!

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Having extreme trouble downloading the dlc...
Please wait... Error. Please wait... Error. Please wait... Error. Please wait... Error. Please wait... Error. Please wait... Error. Please wait... Error. Please wait... Error.

I've just gotten in and am getting the stuff I want now, but it's very slow.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Please wait... Error. Please wait... Error. Please wait... Error. Please wait... Error. Please wait... Error. Please wait... Error. Please wait... Error. Please wait... Error.

I've just gotten in and am getting the stuff I want now, but it's very slow.
Atleast your somewhere....it wont even let me go to Eshop...

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Okay, so this may or may not mean anything, but I felt the need to point it out. There are minor spoilers to the direct, but we basically had it spoiled yesterday so..yeah.

Anyways, it had to do with amiibos (in particular the last 4 characters without an announced one). Duck Hunt, G&W, Falco, and R.O.B. had their amiibos announced in the mini direct today.
Last 4 amiibo.png

Now, Dark Pit and Palutena are set to release in July in NA. This means this Septermber, all of the amiibo that haven't been released yet will come out then. But, look at this:
September Amiibo.png

Notice anything? We're missing somebody. We're missing Falco. G&W, R.O.B., and Duck Hunt are here. This means every single fighter in Smash 4 (including mii fighters) has a time frame for their amiibo release... except Falco. Not to mention, Sakurai mentioned that those three were retro fighters, clearly indicating Falco was the odd man out with no explanation.

Now, this may just be wishful thinking, but it may not be a coincidence that Falco was saved for last. What if he was pushed to be released to the DLC characters because they wanted to release Falco and Wolf together?

Any thoughts? I might just be overthinking it, but it makes too much sense to me.

Last edited:

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
Wolf revealed at E3 or sometime later. Stop doubting it. Really though, stop doubting something that is incredibly likely. There is a chance that it won't happen (a slim chance), but saying Roy and Ryu are bad additions simply because they are not Wolf is wrong.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm actually hoping for a Mewtwo-like reveal for Wolf at the Digital Event now that we had 3 characters released.

There doesn't have to be any gameplay footage. It can just be a still picture of Wolf like the one for Mewtwo along with a release date (July, August, or September). That would get everyone hyped.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Dunno what's been said on the previous pages, but did anyone catch Sakurai's quote about "he hopes fans are happy with the particularly popular veterans he brought back"? I can't imagine him completely overlooking Wolf for later, but he may still need ballot support at this rate.

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
It could really be the case that another DLC fighter gets announced on Tuesday. Because we don't have anymore known future fighters, so they might reveal one on E3 so we have something to hype about.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It could really be the case that another DLC fighter gets announced on Tuesday. Because we don't have anymore known future fighters, so they might reveal one on E3 so we have something to hype about.
EXACTLY! It's not like they'd want us to wait until August to reveal the new character.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

This character is pretty much waiting for curtain call

And pretty exspected

Not too much hype the only hype is him confirmed thats it.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Yeah, there is still E3 on Tuesday to look forward to. I honestly see Wolf helping to promote Star Fox U in some way such as pre ordering the game will give you a free download code for Wolf. August would be one heck of a wait though despite it being my birthday month. :p

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Well that was an interesting presentation. I was not expecting Dream Land to return(along with Hyrule Castle and Peach's Castle N64 in the near future)so I'm happy about that, and Ryu looks somewhat interesting, I'll be sure to give him a try. It's slightly disappointing that there was nothing related to Wolf there, but we aren't done yet. We still have the Digital Event to look forward to, which is the most likely place we'd see something so let's not start panicking just yet.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I am quite confident that Wolf will coincide with the Star Fox U reveal. Nintendo seems excited to announce it, if its name drop from Zelda U interviews was anything to go by. Wolf is just as popular as Lucas so it would be too strange to overlook. There's two more "marios" on that datamine anyway after Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and Ryu. I'm thinking Wolf and the Ballot Winner will take the final two slots. It would just be too strange to have Lucas return but not Wolf, those two feel like a bundle package.

I will eat a sock if Wolf doesn't end up as DLC.

And by sock I mean a waffle that's shaped like a sock. I will PERSONALLY carve my waffle to make it sock shaped for this occasion.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Wolf is most likely to be announced alongside a new Smash Brothers character. The best chance that Wolf has is to be announced alongside the E3 2015 showing of Star Fox Wii U.

Serell

Smash Apprentice
The one thing they didn't show in the direct was the new characters in the works. They showed Lucas, Roy, and Ryu, and gave us all those characters. I think at E3, they'll show the new upcoming characters. And with a new Star Fox game, highly likely they'll tie in it with Wolf.

Rosalinatehplumber

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mariotrains
Switch FC
2537-5587-9586
Yeah, we all need to calm down. This doesn't hurt his chances at all. I knew Roy and Ryu were coming. This is better because he can be finished before the ballot. Just keep on praying. If the Roy fans can do it, so can we. They went through all that trouble and now he's here. Keep thinking negative and he won't be in the game. He still has a good chance. Show your support and don't doubt yourself.

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, we all need to calm down. This doesn't hurt his chances at all. I knew Roy and Ryu were coming. This is better because he can be finished before the ballot. Just keep on praying. If the Roy fans can do it, so can we. They went through all that trouble and now he's here. Keep thinking negative and he won't be in the game. He still has a good chance. Show your support and don't doubt yourself.
This gives me an idea, brb

EDIT: Just payed the Roy General Thread a visit asking if they would kindly help support Wolf seeing as their character made it in.

Last edited:

SmashFighter64

Smash Cadet
This gives me an idea, brb

EDIT: Just payed the Roy General Thread a visit asking if they would kindly help support Wolf seeing as their character made it in.
Good idea. We need as many supporters as we can get if we want to see Wolf return to Smash 4.

Last edited:
Top Bottom