• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
Guys, WTH? I want Wolf more than anyone else in Smash 4, but seriouosly we can´t feel down! Roy supporters waited nearly 14 years and they got their hero in shining armor.
Take a step back. Enjoy what we got. Free stage, balance updates and new chars. We got 3 characters. 3. ****ING THREE..
While Lucas was a port and Roy a semi port with a new model, Ryu is a newcomer with completely new and unique mechanics.
They did these three in such a short amount of time. + Sakurai felt happy presenting this. Things are looking up for Smash 4 and that CAN ONLY MEAN MORE CONTENT.

With that, there is no chance in hell, they will pass on Wolf in SMASH 4:
-) Sakurai really likes him
-) He has a game comeing up (with him as a important part of the major game modes)
-) He is popular kid, around the same support as Lucas had
-) Easy to port (free 4$ char. nearly done)

There is no way in hell he won´t be in.
We should stop being somewhat egoistic for a second and be happy for the Roy Fans. They are haveing their special day and we will have ours soon enough. And we won´t have tot wait 15 years, just some more months (TOPS). Just believe :3

And in the meantime, just enjoy the content. We even got some minor balance changes (Falco, Zad and Marth/ Luc buffs) FINALLY <3
Diddy and Cpt. Falcon nerfs. **** YEAH!

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Otherwise it would feel weird for all the star fox stages (on Wii U AND 3DS) having a variation of Star Wolf music as an option. I honestly think Wolf is preplanned, everyone else does too. Let's just wait and see. With Roy and Lucas it just doesn't feel complete without Wolf. Besides, two from Melee (Roy and Mewtwo) and two from Brawl (Lucas and Wolf) makes things even!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Guys, WTH? I want Wolf more than anyone else in Smash 4, but seriouosly we can´t feel down! Roy supporters waited nearly 14 years and they got their hero in shining armor.
Take a step back. Enjoy what we got. Free stage, balance updates and new chars. We got 3 characters. 3. ****ING THREE..
While Lucas was a port and Roy a semi port with a new model, Ryu is a newcomer with completely new and unique mechanics.
They did these three in such a short amount of time. + Sakurai felt happy presenting this. Things are looking up for Smash 4 and that CAN ONLY MEAN MORE CONTENT.

With that, there is no chance in hell, they will pass on Wolf in SMASH 4:
-) Sakurai really likes him
-) He has a game comeing up (with him as a important part of the major game modes)
-) He is popular kid, around the same support as Lucas had
-) Easy to port (free 4$ char. nearly done)

There is no way in hell he won´t be in.
We should stop being somewhat egoistic for a second and be happy for the Roy Fans. They are haveing their special day and we will have ours soon enough. And we won´t have tot wait 15 years, just some more months (TOPS). Just believe :3

And in the meantime, just enjoy the content. We even got some minor balance changes (Falco, Zad and Marth/ Luc buffs) FINALLY <3
Diddy and Cpt. Falcon nerfs. **** YEAH!
I agree with what you have said, but to make sure, where did you hear that Sakurai likes Wolf?

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Shame zero indication was given during the Smash direct. Hopefully when Star Fox Wii U is given its spotlight during the digital event we get at least an announcement then. Zero announcement or information by the end of E3 will definitely be a hurting blow. Not enough to say he won't ever come back, since:

+ Popular Ballot Character
+ Star Fox Series has lots its "villian" rep
+ Star Fox Wii U is prime crossover advertisement
+ Lucas and Dr Mario Came back somehow.

However it'd seem really strange to announce Wolf sometime after E3 but before Star Fox Wii U launch. Pretty much right now we have no known DLC characters in the works ever since even prior to the game coming out when so far we always have. Ryu and Roy definitely surprised. Not because of their existence but because of how early and suddenly they came when as far as we've been told Sakurai said that it takes ages to make these things and they werent going to churn out DLC characters. Lucas suprised because Clone.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Shame zero indication was given during the Smash direct. Hopefully when Star Fox Wii U is given its spotlight during the digital event we get at least an announcement then. Zero announcement or information by the end of E3 will definitely be a hurting blow. Not enough to say he won't ever come back, since:

+ Popular Ballot Character
+ Star Fox Series has lots its "villian" rep
+ Star Fox Wii U is prime crossover advertisement
+ Lucas and Dr Mario Came back somehow.

However it'd seem really strange to announce Wolf sometime after E3 but before Star Fox Wii U launch. Pretty much right now we have no known DLC characters in the works ever since even prior to the game coming out when so far we always have. Ryu and Roy definitely surprised. Not because of their existence but because of how early and suddenly they came when as far as we've been told Sakurai said that it takes ages to make these things and they werent going to churn out DLC characters. Lucas suprised because Clone.
Lucas is as much of a clone as Wolf is. He wasn't that surprising, and he was very requested just like Wolf.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Lucas is as much of a clone as Wolf is. He wasn't that surprising, and he was very requested just like Wolf.
Surprising in the sense that Clones have incredibly quick turn around times in creating, so why Lucas was cut in the first place and then reintroduced as Paid DLC is odd. Either its a cash grab on Nintendos part by artificially cutting him and bringing him back to add hype or Mewtwo was the only DLC planned (and lucas was actually decided to be legit cut) and wasnt hyped up because if DLC didnt take off they could easily say it was a one off but when it proved to be so popular they decided to buff up the DLC team and go hardcore with it.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Surprising in the sense that Clones have incredibly quick turn around times in creating, so why Lucas was cut in the first place and then reintroduced as Paid DLC is odd. Either its a cash grab on Nintendos part by artificially cutting him and bringing him back to add hype or Mewtwo was the only DLC planned (and lucas was actually decided to be legit cut) and wasnt hyped up because if DLC didnt take off they could easily say it was a one off but when it proved to be so popular they decided to buff up the DLC team and go hardcore with it.
They didn't have time, I mean they spent all that time trying to get Icies working on 3DS.

Barhos

Smash Rookie
I think wolf has a solid shot at coming back. This may be a stretch but the past 2 e3s have resulted in the reveal of three characters for smash 4. If the trend continues another may be announced during the digital event this year (3 if you include roy and ryu as "e3" announcements)

shane3x

Saint of Swords
They didn't have time, I mean they spent all that time trying to get Icies working on 3DS.
I don't think time was the issue especially considering how fast he has appeared. Considering Dark Pit, Lucina and Doctor Mario had fast turn development times. Using Ness as a base or porting him over and giving him a once over would not take any time at all.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
Wolf is at least 20% less cloney as Lucas, as far as I remember. Tho according to a Japanese I've seen, Lucas really had more support to return than Wolf.Just saying.

Lucas is a semi-clone, Wolf is a full character. The only thing similar with Wolf and Fox are 2-4 of his specials (including Final Smash). He also plays differently. Lucas has many similar moves to Ness and plays similarily.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Lucas is a semi-clone, Wolf is a full character. The only thing similar with Wolf and Fox are 2-4 of his specials (including Final Smash). He also plays differently. Lucas has many similar moves to Ness and plays similarily.
Gonna have to dispute that. Lucas' specials and side smash are the only things he has that are similar to Ness, just like Wolf (minus the sidesmash). They also work different despite that similarity. Literally every other move is completely different.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Gonna have to dispute that. Lucas' specials and side smash are the only things he has that are similar to Ness, just like Wolf (minus the sidesmash). They also work different despite that similarity. Literally every other move is completely different.
"Literally"

Usually when talking about clones, I will reference this one good research regarding Cloneosity:

According to the research, Wolf's back air and pummel (there aren't really much to do when pummeling anyway), and, assuming "all 5 specials are same", is still 28.2% similar, comparing to Ness-Lucas, with 1st Jab (counted as 1/3 of a move), down tilt/dash attack (counted as 1/2 due to "different execution, basically the same move"), Side Smash, UAir, DAir, Pummel, and all Specials are considered same, resulting in 44.8% similarity.

While 44.8% still makes him a Semi-clone (in fact, the least cloniest Semi-clone), Wolf is even less similar to Fox compared to 64 Samus to 64 CF (29.6%), clearly separated from the borderline between Semi-clone and Non-clone.

Also, "work different" isn't a good enough argument. Melee Marth and Roy (100%) works very differently in gameplay, but still just had the same movesets with a reversed sweet/sourspot.

So... meh

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Wolf, currently the most likely next DLC Champion, come forth during the Digital event you are not a side project you are the main show!

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Heh. And I've given so much congratulations and support to them.

Idk, I would like to spam Miiverse with "Vote for Wolf"(Is that even needed, concerning he may just have been pre-planned?), but I don't own a Wii U sooo :(

You can access Miiverse directly from your Internet browser.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Don't you need some kind of account to log in? I don't even own a Wii U or 3DS (My brother has one but I probably can't use his)
You need a NNID (Nintendo Network ID) to be able to get into Miiverse. I think you can only make one on a 3DS or a Wii U. However, Miiverse can be accessed from about anything that has an Internet browser.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
You need a NNID (Nintendo Network ID) to be able to get into Miiverse. I think you can only make one on a 3DS or a Wii U. However, Miiverse can be accessed from about anything that has an Internet browser.
Yeah, but you can't view most of the hilariously bad posts andor spam it with Wolf posts if you just access without an account.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Apparently all the remaining amiibo will be released in July and September, except for 1.
454354.jpg

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
The Falco amiibo will be compatible with Star Fox U. I honestly don't think it helps Wolf's case, unfortunately.
It ties in with my (somewhat outdated) theory that Wolf will be released by the end of the year that I made back in April.
Alright so I came up with a theory that, if it happens, guarantee's Wolf's return by the end of the year. (This theory probably has a 1% of happening but who knows)

If you look at the remaining amiibo's to be released (excluding dlc characters) you'll see that only :4falco::4rob::4gaw:&:4duckhunt: are left to be released. Notice that 3 of these characters are old retro characters and one isn't. The latest wave of amiibo's come out in September. Based on the amiibo release schedule, there's a high chance that this wave will be released during the holiday season. Star Fox Wii U is guaranteed to be out by then (Wolf won't let them delay it) which will most likely (unless it's been confirmed already) have amiibo support for the Fox and Falco amiibo. This explains why the Falco amiibo is taking so long to get out compared to all the other ones so they can release it alongside SF Wii U.

Now if we look at the release schedule for DLC characters, they seem to follow a 2 month release period. So 2 months from June when Lucas comes out, Roy/Ryu will be out in August and the other in October. SF Wii U will be probably be out in November. Wolf gets announced at E3 or at some other point in time and gets released in December or maybe even sooner if we're lucky to go along side Star Fox Wii U in a big advertising campaign. Then at some point the DLC amiibo's will be out which would include Wolf and Star Fox Wii U will have support for him (not guaranteed but likely). By that time, Wolf will be back, a new Star Fox game will be out, everyone will be happy and play time will be over for all Fox users on For Glory.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
The Falco amiibo will be compatible with Star Fox U. I honestly don't think it helps Wolf's case, unfortunately.
The Falco amiibo is the LAST amiibo being released from the original set of smash 4 characters...

Would not be surprised if he was release last along side a wolf amiibo and the other "current" DLC character amiibos around the same time as the release of star fox Wii U, or possibly packaged with the game.

I think it adds a little weight to Wolf getting in as DLC.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
It ties in with my (somewhat outdated) theory that Wolf will be released by the end of the year that I made back in April.
Alright so I came up with a theory that, if it happens, guarantee's Wolf's return by the end of the year. (This theory probably has a 1% of happening but who knows)

If you look at the remaining amiibo's to be released (excluding dlc characters) you'll see that only :4falco::4rob::4gaw:&:4duckhunt: are left to be released. Notice that 3 of these characters are old retro characters and one isn't. The latest wave of amiibo's come out in September. Based on the amiibo release schedule, there's a high chance that this wave will be released during the holiday season. Star Fox Wii U is guaranteed to be out by then (Wolf won't let them delay it) which will most likely (unless it's been confirmed already) have amiibo support for the Fox and Falco amiibo. This explains why the Falco amiibo is taking so long to get out compared to all the other ones so they can release it alongside SF Wii U.

Now if we look at the release schedule for DLC characters, they seem to follow a 2 month release period. So 2 months from June when Lucas comes out, Roy/Ryu will be out in August and the other in October. SF Wii U will be probably be out in November. Wolf gets announced at E3 or at some other point in time and gets released in December or maybe even sooner if we're lucky to go along side Star Fox Wii U in a big advertising campaign. Then at some point the DLC amiibo's will be out which would include Wolf and Star Fox Wii U will have support for him (not guaranteed but likely). By that time, Wolf will be back, a new Star Fox game will be out, everyone will be happy and play time will be over for all Fox users on For Glory.

The 2 months hypothesis is horsecrap in my opinion. This does not explain how Falco getting a late released amiibo has anything to do with Wolf. I still think the Falco amiibo has nothing to do with Wolf. I still think Wolf will be revealed tomorrow with Star Fox U and then they will release Wolf sometime later, maybe August? Seems rather early release though.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
The 2 months hypothesis is horsecrap in my opinion. This does not explain how Falco getting a late released amiibo has anything to do with Wolf. I still think the Falco amiibo has nothing to do with Wolf. I still think Wolf will be revealed tomorrow with Star Fox U and then they will release Wolf sometime later, maybe August? Seems rather early release though.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
The Falco amiibo is the LAST amiibo being released from the original set of smash 4 characters...

Would not be surprised if he was release last along side a wolf amiibo and the other "current" DLC character amiibos around the same time as the release of star fox Wii U, or possibly packaged with the game.

I think it adds a little weight to Wolf getting in as DLC.

So you are saying that simply because the Falco amiibo is being released late, which is easily explained by the almost definite compatibility with Star Fox U, that Wolf will definitely be released with it? No. I simply don't see the reasoning. Maybe it will happen, but I would not jump to such conclusions so quickly.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
If you check the official amiibo site, it says Falco and G&W are out this month.

But if you click on their picture, than the date changes to September/Holiday.

Seems like an error on Nintendo's part more than anything.

Also if you check all the wave 2 and 3 amiibos, they still say "February 2015" and "December 2014" instead of their specific release dates.

Not trying to start a fight, just clarifying.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
*walks into thread*
That's funny.

Basically there was an overreaction which resulted in what you see here.

Never wanted it or asked for it, but what can you do.

Forgive and forget as they say which I've already done.

Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Alright new page, new start, let's put all that stuff on the last page behind us, agree to disagree and focus on what lies ahead.

Last edited:
Top Bottom