• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I guess he just has this blinded vision that it's just "Furries in space."
No.
Some people would hate Star Fox because the "Furry thing"

Krystal only makes that worse
I'm not sure how this all started(yes, I was around in the Adventures timeline), but really, what has the SF series been about for the most part? Some dudes in their space fighters blasting opposing armies into space dust to save their solar system. What does it matter if they're furries or not? That's just an afterthought to me.

And every hero needs a hot chick by his side to help him do his job. It was going to happen sooner or later.

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
When Wolf does get announced, when do people reckon he will be available? I'd say around Star Fox Wii U's launch as some promotion like how Mewtwo was rolled out.
Considering Lucas's wait is about 3 months (maybe more like 2) and Star Fox Wii U is said to release in that amount of time, it's very likely he'll be released around that time.

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
THIS IS JUST SO SUDDEN...THESE 2 ARE OUT OF THE WAY...WOLF IS COMPLETELY OPEN...
WHAT IS THIS LIFE WE LIVE?

...No...
What is Sakurai but a walking pile of secrets?
But not enough talk.
Let us have at this thread!

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
Anyways, back to Ryu. I think it's safe to say his moveset will be something like:

:GCB:: Hadouken
:GCR::GCB:: Tatsumaki Senpukyaku
:GCU::GCB:: Shoryuken
:GCD::GCB:: Counter

His :GCA: attacks will probably just be his various light, medium and heavy punches and kicks from Street Fighter and his Final Smash will mostly likely be Shin Shoryuken or Shinku Hadouken.

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
I think Wolf's chances are even better now, considering that Roy and Ryu are apparently completed. There's still over three months left to work on pre-ballot characters.

NO. WE HAVE ENOUGH ALREADY.
I KNOW, but what else are they gonna do? This just seems most likely since that's what they do when they're out of ideas.
I dunno, Wolf has been said a "shoo-in" since Mewtwo. Now Mewtwo's done, so is Lucas, and now the Royu are leaked... Still no Wolf. I'm starting to feel more worried about the chances. :(
REMEBER WE STILL HAVE SMUSH BULLET

Last edited:
I KNOW, but what else are they gonna do? This just seems most likely since that's what they do when they're out of ideas.
Yes, sadly they will probably use counter because they can't think anything else for him. :( I just hate characters with counters (should be pretty obvious why).

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
REMEBER WE STILL HAVE SMUSH BULLET
Idk, I think the Smash Brother Suggestion Punch (That's how the Japanese version of ballot translate) is already flooded with King K Rool or (insert consistent top 3 on all polls here). As I've seen on most ballots, Wolf is around the 5th or 6th. We have 2 open slots left, and we probably aren't going to have more than 2 after the 6 DLCs. So... :[

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Unless Sakurai brings up the topic of Wolf while he talks during the Direct, we are more likely to get Wolf while Nintendo shows off Star Fox Wii U at E3.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Only one more day until the presentation. Here is a video for this moment (and it is not by me).

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
Okay guys, I now things look bad recently, but I have a plan.

People are saying that Roy, Lucas and Ryu are all coming out together. That's a melee vet, a brawl vet, and a 3rd party character.

Imagine if they did the same thing two months later. Wolf could be the brawl vet, Snake could be the 3rd party character, and Ice Climbers the melee vet.

Basically, what I'm saying is, we should form a alliance with the Ice Climbers and Snake threads. Who's with me?

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Only one more day until the presentation. Here is a video for this moment (and it is not by me).

Hell yeah I can get behind this!

People are saying that Roy, Lucas and Ryu are all coming out together. That's a melee vet, a brawl vet, and a 3rd party character.

Imagine if they did the same thing two months later. Wolf could be the brawl vet, Snake could be the 3rd party character, and Ice Climbers the melee vet.

Basically, what I'm saying is, we should form a alliance with the Ice Climbers and Snake threads. Who's with me?
Ice Climbers won't happen because it was hardware limitations that prevented him from being in the 3DS one (and versions have character parity) and Sakurai himself said he wasnt in a popular franchise with pretty much no chance a game coming out for it soon.

Snake I feel with the Hideo/Konami thing and Konami V real video games is too hot to really bother with licensing when anything can change in an instance. Nintendo wouldn't want to waste the time and money if there is a chance Konami could pull snake out of the game.

Smash 4 breaks all the rules when it comes to conventions, he will ride ice climbers and snakes tears!

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord

LOL none wants to make an alliance with me over characters. Still I wonder if voting for Wolf on the ballot is the right thing as he might be being worked on and may help introduce a future new character same as Lucas and Roy are doing with Ryu.

Of course, that is just my opinion.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord

Unfortunately, we already got Mewtwo, and Ryu may be 3rd-party, but he's also a newcomer. So Ice Climbers is already out, and Snake is unlikely to come back again aside from being a third Brawl vet, making a newcomer (3rd-party or otherwise) more likely.

But don't let me stop you! ALLIANCES UNITE!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, we already got Mewtwo, and Ryu may be 3rd-party, but he's also a newcomer. So Ice Climbers is already out, and Snake is unlikely to come back again aside from being a third Brawl vet, making a newcomer (3rd-party or otherwise) more likely.

But don't let me stop you! ALLIANCES UNITE!
Fixed.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok roy and ryu confirmed sweet

Your next wolf your the next most reuqested

And are you guys nuts this does not hurt wolf at all. (Mewtwo was the most requested. Lucas was the second most requested. Roy was the third most requested. And wolf is probably more requested than roy and lucas.) all of the most eanted are gone. The only barrier left is king k rool. And wolf has atvantage of being a veteran.

Im 99% sure sakurai knows we all want wolf back.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ok roy and ryu confirmed sweet

Your next wolf your the next most reuqested

And are you guys nuts this does not hurt wolf at all. (Mewtwo was the most requested. Lucas was the second most requested. Roy was the third most requested. And wolf is probably more requested than roy and lucas.) all of the most eanted are gone. The only barrier left is king k rool. And wolf has atvantage of being a veteran.

Im 99% sure sakurai knows we all want wolf back.
Wolf was NOT requested less than Lucas. At least not worldwide. Roy's popularity was no where near those 2 either. I'm just convinced they'll use Wolf to advertise SFU

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I've got to ask: Do you guys really think that Wolf may be one of the last two DLC characters to be announced? Do you think he is that likely to be one of those two?

Logo12

Smash Lord
LOL none wants to make an alliance with me over characters. Still I wonder if voting for Wolf on the ballot is the right thing as he might be being worked on and may help introduce a future new character same as Lucas and Roy are doing with Ryu.

Of course, that is just my opinion.
Because due to everyone not voting Wolf for the reason of "he's a shoe-in", we get what happens now as a result.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Because due to everyone not voting Wolf for the reason of "he's a shoe-in", we get what happens now as a result.
That's not true at all. Ryu wasn't at all popular on the ballot. He was well into development before the erection of the ballot.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
One thing to keep in mind is that someone has to be the last character to be added/announced.

It wouldn't surprise me if Wolf is the last pre-ballot character.

See: Last unlockable character in Brawl.

It also wouldn't surprise me if he's purposefully being held back for Star Fox Wii U promotion stuff.

All the other characters don't have anything "keeping them down" so it makes sense that they would be released first.

Couple that with the fact that the Falco amiibo is lumped with Rob, G&W and Duck Hunt Dog for the last wave of "non DLC" amiibo and it makes too much sense.

Also since it looks like Roy and Ryu are already finished, there's tons of time for them to work on Wolf and get him finished by the time Star Fox comes out.

And like I've said before, literally the only reason he won't get into the game is because of developer bias/hatred.

Logo12

Smash Lord
That's not true at all. Ryu wasn't at all popular on the ballot. He was well into development before the erection of the ballot.
One thing to keep in mind is that someone has to be the last character to be added/announced.

It wouldn't surprise me if Wolf is the last pre-ballot character.

See: Last unlockable character in Brawl.
Heh, you had my point. I've one said that Wolf *may* be the last, but not *much* reason to be.

Also, my point is, now that everyone is so certain about Wolf, Sakurai of course would surprise people by doing against it, to hold hype or whatever.

--

So yeah, with the possibility of Wolf lowered down for the presentation, we're now back into a pure waiting and hoping game. All my points about "why Wolf wasn't included in the leaks" are debunked.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Heh, you had my point. I've one said that Wolf *may* be the last, but not *much* reason to be.

Also, my point is, now that everyone is so certain about Wolf, Sakurai of course would surprise people by doing against it, to hold hype or whatever.
Er, no. No way. He knows fans love that character. He won't deprive us for the sake of keeping hype high, believe me. That'd be bad business.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
If dreams were to come true, this would be my Smash DLC Roster:
-Mewtwo
-Lucas
-Roy
-Ryu
-Wolf
-Ice Climbers
-Snake
-Fossil Hero
-King K. Rool
-Chibi-Robo
-Isaac
-Inkling

But I find the likelihood of this very small. To be honest, if Wolf is the only other DLC character, I would be satisified.

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
Seems like Wolf should be announced soon, as there arent really anymore other hyped characters left.
Though I have a feeling he will be saved until Star Fox U info is given or the game releases.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Anyways, back to Ryu. I think it's safe to say his moveset will be something like:

:GCB:: Hadouken
:GCR::GCB:: Tatsumaki Senpukyaku
:GCU::GCB:: Shoryuken
:GCD::GCB:: Counter

His :GCA: attacks will probably just be his various light, medium and heavy punches and kicks from Street Fighter and his Final Smash will mostly likely be Shin Shoryuken or Shinku Hadouken.
According to smash wiki its:
Neutral Special: Haduken (seems chargable to Shakunetsu Haduken)
Side Special: Tatsumaki (there is a sound file for Tatsumaki Senpukaku, but they don't know if it's for his side special)
Up Special: Shoryuken
Down Special: Focus Attack (attack booster?)
Final Smash: Shin Shoryuken

As for other DLC characters I think we will get:
All Veterans (Except for maybe Snake)
All characters planned for ssb4, but were cut due to time constraints (I'm willing to bet Lucas is one of them)
Surprise characters (Like Ryu)
Ballot Characters (Most likely King K. Rool)
We may even see some cut newcomers from Brawl, Melee, and N64 depending on how much Sakuri wants to go back and finish the characters that didn't quite make it. (This however is doubtful)

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
You mean Wolf? Weren't Sakurai and the Namco guys who helped make this game fans of Wolf?
I've heard this a few times but I have no idea if it's true or not.

I basically meant that if Wolf doesn't make it in, it's because the developers hate him or have some sort of bias against him/Star Fox in general since there is no reason for him not to be in the game at this point.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I've heard this a few times but I have no idea if it's true or not.

I basically meant that if Wolf doesn't make it in, it's because the developers hate him or have some sort of bias against him/Star Fox in general since there is no reason for him not to be in the game at this point.
Maybe so, but whether or not Sakurai and Namco actually like Wolf, I don't think they hate him, especially to the point of not wanting him to be playable. I am sure of that.

Top Bottom