• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Besides, he doesn't have files that proves that he has been worked on already, so he may not be ready for being show.
But I'm sure he will come back, just for clarification.
But, there is an update coming on the 14th so the files might pop up then. I may be wrong about this but Lucas didn't have any files in the game prior to the April 1st Nintendo Direct revealing him (if I'm wrong, then don't hesitate to correct me). The same could happen for Wolf. As for Wolf coming during E3, I agree that I shouldn't get my hopes up too high but I'm still hyped just to hear about other news from Nintendo.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
But, there is an update coming on the 14th so the files might pop up then. I may be wrong about this but Lucas didn't have any files in the game prior to the April 1st Nintendo Direct revealing him (if I'm wrong, then don't hesitate to correct me). The same could happen for Wolf. As for Wolf coming during E3, I agree that I shouldn't get my hopes up too high but I'm still hyped just to hear about other news from Nintendo.
But it also true that there wasn't any trace of Mewtwo in the game until the release of his update. Maybe his files could pop up, but again, that doesn't mean a reveal soon. We found out of Ryu and Roy in April, and we have to see them yet. My point is, I wouldn't get my hopes up for an E3 reveal, at least am official one!

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
announcing him now wouldn't be a smart move. It would probably kill all the hype before launch.
Besides, he doesn't have files that proves that he has been worked on already, so he may not be ready for being show.
I know a Wolf reveal is very unlikly, but I can hope, can I? :)
No, I´m more hyped for the new data the miners may or may not find. AND if we get a roy ryu reveal direct/ E3 or whenever, this means good chances for wolf, if his viictory music is in the Lucas patch (or the next one) I could finally stop worring.

But beside all logic, we are talking Sakurai here. Who knows what will happen.
Hype regardless 11/10 would hype again

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
You may be interested to know that, according to this NeoGAF post from September 23rd of last year (from this thread, made after the 3DS version launched in Japan), several crowd-cheers existed in the 3DS version upon release, including ones for Wolf and Lucas, amongst others.

Whilst some of these may have been leftovers from bringing data over from Brawl (I've not heard them, bar one - read on - so I don't know if they were all re-recorded), prior to the game's first patch, it was actually possible to cause the Ice Climbers' cheering to be triggered by playing as Villager versus three CPU Dr. Marios in the 3DS version's Yoshi's Island stage, which means that those, at least, were in use at one point.

To quote;

Has this been discussed yet?

Lucas, Snake, Wolf, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Ice Climbers, Fighting Alloy team, and Pkmn Trainer chants were found in the Smash 3DS files. Found via reddit

http://pastebin.com/qX1dwLHL
So, yeah... Wolf had files in the 3DS version on the day it was released, though whether or not that actually means anything, I don't know. I'm surprised that this isn't well-known here. ;)

Whilst I'm here, please do add me to your supporters' list. Whilst I'm a Dedede mainer and haven't gotten on well with Wolf, I don't like cuts to the roster - I'd be Dededevastated if my main got cut, so I support anyone who's trying to get theirs back! :smash:

Last edited:

Rosalinatehplumber

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mariotrains
Switch FC
2537-5587-9586
You may be interested to know that, according to this NeoGAF post from September 23rd of last year (from this thread, made after the 3DS version launched in Japan), several crowd-cheers existed in the 3DS version upon release, including ones for Wolf and Lucas, amongst others.

Whilst some of these may have been leftovers from bringing data over from Brawl (I've not heard them, bar one - read on - so I don't know if they were all re-recorded), prior to the game's first patch, it was actually possible to cause the Ice Climbers' cheering to be triggered by playing as Villager versus three CPU Dr. Marios in the 3DS version's Yoshi's Island stage, which means that those, at least, were in use at one point.

To quote;

So, yeah... Wolf had files in the 3DS version on the day it was released, though whether or not that actually means anything, I don't know. I'm surprised that this isn't well-known here. ;)

Whilst I'm here, please do add me to your supporters' list. Whilst I'm a Dedede mainer and haven't gotten on well with Wolf, I don't like cuts to the roster - I'd be Dededevastated if my main got cut, so I support anyone who's trying to get theirs back! :smash:
It says it has been removed :(

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
@ Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin I can't believe I didn't know about this. Thank you for finding it!
No problem! :b: I saw it some months ago, after reading about some other later data-mining, and your post immediately reminded me of it.

It says it has been removed :(
Aw man... :c Well, the quote says it was originally found via Reddit, so I guess it's still somewhere on there? It's not a site I use, so I wouldn't know where to look, though.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Just wondering; I looked this presentation up on Wii U Daily, and it seems that the event lasts an hour. Is that true, or did I misinterpret the whole thing?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Just wondering; I looked this presentation up on Wii U Daily, and it seems that the event lasts an hour. Is that true, or did I misinterpret the whole thing?
As far as I know, the presentation is twenty minutes long, with the update and all of its content being unleashed right after it ends.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Been playing through all the Starfox games to get myself hyped for the new one at E3, and now I want Wolf back more than ever. Anyone else doing the same?

(And the music to the SNES one, holy ****)

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Honestly, if I were you, I wouldn't expect a Wolf reveal now, Sunday or at E3. I have the feeling that he willbe release alongside Star Fox U. Considering that it is probably coming out at least this Fall, announcing him now wouldn't be a smart move. It would probably kill all the hype before launch.
They always announce DLC like this well in advance. I'd imagine wolf will be announced just to let us know he is coming around the star fox wii u launch and they will probably be some special offer like if you buy/preorder star fox wii u youll get wolf for cheap/free and then if you dont he will be available 2 weeks after for everyone else.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Wolf, definitely confirmed! Thank you Sakurai!

If he is seriously not in this "Direct", as it were, then I'll be extremely surprised.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I know a Wolf reveal is very unlikly, but I can hope, can I? :)
No, I´m more hyped for the new data the miners may or may not find. AND if we get a roy ryu reveal direct/ E3 or whenever, this means good chances for wolf, if his viictory music is in the Lucas patch (or the next one) I could finally stop worring.

But beside all logic, we are talking Sakurai here. Who knows what will happen.
Hype regardless 11/10 would hype again
Sure, hope is great! But I'm see lots of people saying "Wolf will surely showed at this E3, he is a shoo-in!!!" which I think is very unlikely. So just don't lose your hopes or bash Sakurai and Nintebdo if he isn't at this E3!

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I think there's a good chance that Wolf, Roy, or both could be announced on Sunday, saving Ryu, the hype bomb, for E3.
And even if we don't see Wolf on Sunday, we could still see him at E3.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I think there's a good chance that Wolf, Roy, or both could be announced on Sunday, saving Ryu, the hype bomb, for E3.
And even if we don't see Wolf on Sunday, we could still see him at E3.
Well, @ Nonno Umby Nonno Umby does have a point. As excited as I am for E3, I still have my doubts. I don't mean to ruin anyone's hype here though.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
I can't wait for the dual games of Star Fox Bugle and Star Fox Doll!
They don't look nearly as fun as Metroid: Functional 3DS for the Nintendo 3DS or Metroid: Bamboo for the Wii U.

Really hoping for a Wolf reveal!
I thought it was dumb to get rid of such a popular character.

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
This is off topic, but just wanna share some fun with the E3 "Leak Generator" thing.
http://tane.us/nintendo
I'm now so hyped about the upcoming "Naked Wolf Collection" for 3DS.
"Star Fox Bath" Oh yeah, baby! I wonder what the plot is about...
"The Legend of Zelda: Responsebility of the swordfish", Yeah I remember that one from the N64 time. LOL
"Wii Cancer U" Woah.

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
This is off topic, but just wanna share some fun with the E3 "Leak Generator" thing.

http://tane.us/nintendo

I'm now so hyped about the upcoming "Naked Wolf Collection" for 3DS.
"Metroid:Trousers"Yep,definitely the wrong trousers.:troll:
"Star Fox Pants Plus"MORE pants?
"Star Fox Entrance"I can't even.
"Ice Climbers 2"Actually nothing witty to say about this.
EDIT:Tried again,got "Metroid:Hate" and "Star Fox Apparatus".BRUH.

Last edited:

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
"Metroid:Trousers"Yep,definitely the wrong trousers.:troll:
"Star Fox Pants Plus"MORE pants?
"Star Fox Entrance"I can't even.
"Ice Climbers 2"Actually nothing witty to say about this.
EDIT:Tried again,got "Metroid:Hate" and "Star Fox Apparatus".BRUH.
Ice Climbers 2, LOL

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I guess Star Fox is everywhere. Although it might have to be Lylat Wars for some places? And where would Star Wolf's locations be?

Star Fox Peanut Butter. Dogs like peanut butter so... I came into this conversation really late...

Last edited:
Top Bottom