• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Well now we wait for E3 to see what happens, also @ Jestar Jestar how goes the Zelda thread? If they need another lesson, I've got a bunch of new ideas, plus,

I can make gifs now.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
How Wolf will be revealed.

After the Star Fox Wii U announcement is out of the way they will go "We have one last Star Fox Video to show you". The video will be CGI of Fox and Falco in their ships on a mission or something. Fox will go "Alright guys we need to break through this last barrier" and then youll hear a "cant let you do that star fox" from wolf and essentially the trailer just turns into something similar to the robin reveal.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
How Wolf will be revealed.

After the Star Fox Wii U announcement is out of the way they will go "We have one last Star Fox Video to show you". The video will be CGI of Fox and Falco in their ships on a mission or something. Fox will go "Alright guys we need to break through this last barrier" and then youll hear a "cant let you do that star fox" from wolf and essentially the trailer just turns into something similar to the robin reveal.
I don't think they'll do CGI trailers for veterans.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
I don't think they'll do CGI trailers for veterans.
It wouldnt have to be a full blown thing, just a 10 second thing would be enough and since they'd likely use Star Fox U to promote the dlc they wouldnt want to exactly half arse the announcement if they are planning on trying to fully capitalise on the buzz

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
No its just that I see my alerts and like theres like 5 in a row of him just liking the comments. It kind of gets annoying lol.:ohwell:
Yeah I get a lot of alerts of the same people liking my comments every now and then but I really don't mind them much. XD

EDIT: @ MainJPW MainJPW Huh, I never knew about that.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
He just might get his like privileges taken away if he keeps it up. Just ask NonSpecificHokori.
He's gotta main quite a few more threads before that, I'm sure. One thread of like spamming probably isn't gonna cause any problems.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I looked into this whole "losing like privileges" thing.

It's a real thing alright.

Funny how you can get in trouble for liking too many things.

I can see why it can be a problem though.

Remember kids: Don't like peoples stuff - it only causes problems and gets you in trouble.

For what it's worth though, like spamming this place shouldn't cause too many problems since this isn't the most active thread on the site anyway.

The Zelda Social on the other hand...

"insert like from NonSpecificHokori here"

Last edited:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
You know there's a missed opportunity with Fox, Falco, and Wolf. They could have all had different Final Smashes, Fox with the Landmaster, Falco with the Arwing, and Wold with the Wolfen. That would've been really cool.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Wolf flash into Up B will be an amazing recovery!
I don't think it'll be that great, you probably won't be able to act out of it that quickly like Fox. It'll still be better than before just not amazing although I do think he'll really benefit from the new ledge mechanics

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
You know there's a missed opportunity with Fox, Falco, and Wolf. They could have all had different Final Smashes, Fox with the Landmaster, Falco with the Arwing, and Wold with the Wolfen. That would've been really cool.
Do anyone else here think that Wolf should get his own version of Landmaster, or just any land vehicle in the upcoming game? Sure this may continue the deem of "Wolf being a clone of Fox" by those ignorant casuals, but... Yeah.

I mean, it's not the first time Smash Bros has introduced an exclusive weaponry for the Star Fox team until it actually appears (or officially referenced) in the later Star Fox games, no?

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Do anyone else here think that Wolf should get his own version of Landmaster, or just any land vehicle in the upcoming game? Sure this may continue the deem of "Wolf being a clone of Fox" by those ignorant casuals, but... Yeah.

I mean, it's not the first time Smash Bros has introduced an exclusive weaponry for the Star Fox team until it actually appears (or officially referenced) in the later Star Fox games, no?
Would you mind filling me in on what weaponry you are referring to? Having only played LW and Assault, I fail to remember what it is you're talking about.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Love Yoshi as always, but once Wolf's back, I'm probably going to have to replace that little Yoshi icon on my profile. I feel terrible too because I always wanted to give him a chance to be mained. Then Shulk happened and now Wolf might come back...

Yoshi will always be amazing in my heart though. Still gonna be in my top 5.

My biggest fear now is that they're going to nerf all of the moves that made Wolf awesome; Blaster, Side-Smash's amazing range and cool animation, Down-Smash's legendary power, AHHWOOO!'s self-explanatory badassery and flashiness, Bair being broken, Dair having no sourspot, Wolf Flash having satisfying hitstun, DThrow being a semi-spike...

I know things are going to be changed, some things buffed and some things nerfed. Good news is that Fox and Falco were always seen as being better, so while they got some harsh nerfs and only small buffs (although I think Fox was more buffed with his mobility increase), Wolf may fare better.

Last edited:

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Love Yoshi as always, but once Wolf's back, I'm probably going to have to replace that little Yoshi icon on my profile. I feel terrible too because I always wanted to give him a chance to be mained. Then Shulk happened and now Wolf might come back...

Yoshi will always be amazing in my heart though. Still gonna be in my top 5.

My biggest fear now is that they're going to nerf all of the moves that made Wolf awesome; Blaster, Side-Smash's amazing range and cool animation, Down-Smash's legendary power, AHHWOOO!'s self-explanatory badassery and flashiness, Bair being broken, Dair having no sourspot, Wolf Flash having satisfying hitstun, DThrow being a semi-spike...

I know things are going to be changed, some things buffed and some things nerfed. Good news is that Fox and Falco were always seen as being better, so while they got some harsh nerfs and only small buffs (although I think Fox was more buffed with his mobility increase), Wolf may fare better.
Hard to say how he will change. Could go either way. Although if you look at a few fundamentals it looks promising. Side B for Fox and Falco no longer make them helpless and can then go into Up B or whatever else so Wolf's Side B would most likely do the same. Although it could go the way of Mewtwo also like how his shadow ball no longer hurts on charge up.

Even if they made literally no changes to the character the fact chain grabbing isn't really a thing anymore is going to help him so much as that was one of his main and only poor attributes. He was a solid character in Brawl, and heck if they can buff characters who really didn't need anymore buffs I'm sure a few Wolf's way won't hurt =p

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Hard to say how he will change. Could go either way. Although if you look at a few fundamentals it looks promising. Side B for Fox and Falco no longer make them helpless and can then go into Up B or whatever else so Wolf's Side B would most likely do the same. Although it could go the way of Mewtwo also like how his shadow ball no longer hurts on charge up.

Even if they made literally no changes to the character the fact chain grabbing isn't really a thing anymore is going to help him so much as that was one of his main and only poor attributes. He was a solid character in Brawl, and heck if they can buff characters who really didn't need anymore buffs I'm sure a few Wolf's way won't hurt =p
What? Wolf's Up B didn't have charging time like Fox and Falco's or am I missing something?

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
Geez,talk about worst case scenario...
Real talk,though,a lot of these ideas are pretty doubtful.Yes,nerfs will be made,but doesn't everyone get nerfs in the transfer to a new Smash?
And as shane3x said,no more chain grabbing will really help him.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

shane3x

Saint of Swords

Eight_SixtyFour

Smash Ace
Hoping for this guy to get announced during the direct. There are 3 other characters I would love to get in (YLink, ICs and K.Rool).

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Honestly, if I were you, I wouldn't expect a Wolf reveal now, Sunday or at E3. I have the feeling that he willbe release alongside Star Fox U. Considering that it is probably coming out at least this Fall, announcing him now wouldn't be a smart move. It would probably kill all the hype before launch.
Besides, he doesn't have files that proves that he has been worked on already, so he may not be ready for being show.
But I'm sure he will come back, just for clarification.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
What if he announces Wolf and makes him downloadable during E3?

Top Bottom