• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
1) Use Wolf's side taunt on someone who purposefully kills themselves/rage quits online.

2) Watch the :salt: start flowing like a river.

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
I like his Brawl voice so I'd hope they keep that one. Though, since Fox (*Shudders*) and Falco got new voices, I have a feeling they might possibly change Wolf's as well whenever he comes back into the fray. Let's just see how it goes I suppose.

(Btw. Hi. Been awhile since I've last posted here. lel.)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Keeping his Brawl voice would be best, in my opinion. I really don't like his 64 3D voice.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Yeah, his Brawl voice would be fine, although I kind of have a soft spot for British Wolf.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Someone once said that only characters that needed new lines recorded got new voice work done.

His evidence: Kirby's new copy abilities, Orbital Gate Assault conversations, Pit/Palutena's guidence conversations, etc.

Unless they plan on giving Wolf his own Orbital Gate Assault conversation, the need for a new voice isn't needed.

And before someone brings up "new final smash" the existing clip for his final smash is "We're gonna have fun with this thing!".

This is a very ambiguous statement and can easily apply to a Wolfen or the Demon Launcher or something else for a new final smash if they decide to make one.

The same can't be said for "LANDMASSTERRR" or "Personally, I prefer the air".

Another thing is that Lucas is still using his Brawl voice clips so there's that as well.
I also once read that :rosalina:&:4bowserjr:have recycled voice clips despite being newcomers.

Finally, reusing voice clips also saves time and money on the developers end which probably explains why 90% of the veterans still use their Brawl voices.

I'd say the chances of his Brawl voice returning is greater than not, but there are no guarantees.

tldr: There is little incentive to spend time and money on getting him a new voice when they can use an existing voice like they did with Lucas and accomplish the same goal, but there are no guarantees that they'll reuse the Brawl voice.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Honestly, the only reason I can see why he MUST get a new voice is so it can be consistent with Fox and Falco. I don't necessarily agree with that, but it's something to keep in mind.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
It could really go either way in whether he will have a new voice or not. I think it's possible since the same happened to Fox and Falco, but also probably not since it looks like they're reusing Lucas's voice clips from Brawl, while Ness got new ones.

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
So since we're talking about taunts... any idea on what his voice will be?
I really hope they keep his voice from Brawl! Jay Ward was perfect as Wolf!
And I really despise Fox's Voice in Smash 4.....
Then again, beggars can't be choosers. If they change his voice so be it, as long as he is in the game, we will all be happy.

Do guys think Wolf is gonna be announced in E3? (maybe after a Star Fox Teaser\trailer)

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I would definitely like to see Wolf's Brawl voice comeback. It was great and fit the character well. As for the British accent, I would rather not have but I'll get used to it like I did with Fox and Falco's new VAs but Fox's star KO cracks me up all the time.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
If Wolf does come back, I would definitely use his "What's the matter, scared?" taunt (assuming if they'll keep that taunt) after a kill if the person I'm playing against in For Glory decides to be an ***, just to piss 'em off even more. Works every time when I play as Rosalina and use her "Mmm-hmm" taunt.
That is my most hated taunt in the whole game...makes my skin crawl and blood boil immensely....hate Rosa so much.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
That is my most hated taunt in the whole game...makes my skin crawl and blood boil immensely....hate Rosa so much.
I can't imagine why. All she is doing is celebrating. It's much less taunting than :sonic:"You're too slow!", "Come on! Step it up!", :4zss:"Is that all?", :4pit:"Is that all you got?" :4duckhunt:(Makes panting noises that sounds like laughing)
EDIT: How could I forget :wolf:"What's the matter? Scared?"

Last edited:

Mike Voss-Trikstar

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mikevoss7
3DS FC
4098-4453-7864
I really hope they keep his voice from Brawl! Jay Ward was perfect as Wolf!
And I really despise Fox's Voice in Smash 4.....
Then again, beggars can't be choosers. If they change his voice so be it, as long as he is in the game, we will all be happy.

Do guys think Wolf is gonna be announced in E3? (maybe after a Star Fox Teaser\trailer)
I'm thinking they'll keep Wolf until the StarFox Nintendo direct.

Serell

Smash Apprentice
Since y'all talking about taunts, what's your favorite quote from Wolf? From like, anything, not just Smash.
Mine has to be in Starfox Assault, right before Fox and Wolf engage in a space battle:
"I'm owed an apology, and I WILL have it!"
Man I would love the new Wolf to use that line for one of his taunts

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I'm thinking they'll keep Wolf until the StarFox Nintendo direct.
That makes sense, never really though about that, every major nintendo game in recent years has had one
Since y'all talking about taunts, what's your favorite quote from Wolf? From like, anything, not just Smash.
Mine has to be in Starfox Assault, right before Fox and Wolf engage in a space battle:
"You'll be seeing your dad soon, Fox!"

It's just so cruel that I can't help but love it

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Found a list of every single Wolf quote in Star Fox Assault.

• You fools! What are you idiots up to now?
  • You're on my turf now. Watch...Your...Step...Fox!
  • Pigma? Don't know anything about Pigma. But there is one thing: I'm owed an apology, and I WILL have it!
  • That's easy to say after all you've done. Enough small talk! Let's settle this, Fox!
  • Don't get uppity, you amateurs!
  • Don't mess with me, Fox!
  • (If you stay in the base instead of fighting him) No hiding, Fox. Show your face!
  • Now you've done it...
  • Go down, Fox!
  • Aaagh!!
  • Can't believe I'd get beat...
  • What's the problem? You done already?
  • (to Peppy) You still haven't gotten rid of your Arwing, eh, old hare?
  • When I'm finished with you, I'll have a foxtail for my spaceship!
  • I'm gonna burn your brush!
  • You've gotten soft, pup!
  • (Fox gets shot down when Wolf is nearby) You ain't your father, after all!
  • Pigma's no longer part of Star Wolf. And if he had shown his filthy hide here, my men would have driven him out.
  • (To Panther after revealing Pigma's location on Fichina) You talk too much.
  • Panther! Leon! Let's go!
  • Remember this, Fox: Star Wolf will take you down one day.
  • You're a pitiful sight, pup!
  • (After Wolf saves Fox, Fox asks him what he's doing in Corneria) You're the one who dropped in unannounced... And if anyone's gonna tan your hide, it's gonna be me.
  • Wipe that stupid look off your face... we're not done yet!
  • So, how long do you plan on taking up space on my wing?
  • (if Fox attacks him while riding the wing of his Wolfen) You stupid dog! Get ahold of yourself!
  • (if Fox attacks him while riding the wing of his Wolfen) What are you aiming at?!
  • (if Fox attacks him while riding the wing of his Wolfen) Point that thing at me and you'd better be ready to die, pup.
  • (if Fox attacks him while riding the wing of his Wolfen) What are doing to my darling Wolfen!?
  • (if HP is below 1/3 while Fox is riding the wing of his Wolfen) Uhn...I'm not used to...being the one taking damage.
  • (if Fox fails to protect the Wolfen's HP from going to zero) Curses!!!
  • (if Fox doesn't do anything while fighting General Pepper) Uh, in case you haven't noticed, the enemy's attacking!
  • They're all over us! The rest is up to you, Fox!
  • Fox! One of these scum has a lock on me!
  • I can't shake 'em! Grrr! Do something, Fox!
  • Bah! Fox! Do you even see the enemy?!?
  • The more we're hit, the worse off we are, Fox!
  • They look like sturdy little monsters, don't they?
  • Curses! Someone's locked on me!
  • I hate that frog.
  • Quit your croaking, toady!
  • (if Fox takes moderate damage while riding his Wolfen's wing) Nicely done, Fox.
  • (if Fox takes no damge while riding his Wolfen's wing) You got some skills, pal.
  • (if Fox takes substantial damage while riding his Wolfen's wing) You're not slipping, are you, Fox?
  • (if Fox takes heavy damage while fighting General Pepper, Krystal rebukes Wolf) Hey, hey! I'm the one who's taking damage here!
  • Looks like they got a thing for us... The battle's on, Fox!
  • These things again? They aren't worth the time!
  • Don't hesitate, Fox! You've got to do it!
  • Fox! Missiles! Shoot 'em down!
  • OK. Looks like the aparoids are in bad shape!
  • Grr! Fox! Don't let 'em attack!
  • Unh...Looks like I'm not as sharp as I used to be.
  • Unh... I'm not used to...being the one taking damage.
  • Don't start sounding like a coward now, Fox!
  • Leave this missile to us!
  • (After shooting him at Orbital Gate) You want some, boy?!
  • Hey now, what's all this about?
  • Ha! Missile down! That was too easy...
  • Fox! Leave the enemies around the gate to us!
  • (If Fox shoots his missile at Orbital Gate) Didn't you know that was my prey?
  • (If Fox's HP gets low at Orbital Gate) You okay? You look ragged.
  • What are you waiting for? Shoot that thing down!
  • So I guess you survived, huh?
  • These scum are proving to be quite a handful.
  • Let's do this.
  • C'mon, you stinking bugs! Catch us if you can!
  • I thought I told you, I didn't come here to save you.
  • Mm.
  • Fox, let me give you one piece of advice: Don't hesitate! When the time comes, just act!
  • Keep your advice to yourself and your eyes front, pup.
  • (Default taunt in VS mode) I'll take care of everything.
  • (Second taunt in VS mode) Is that all you've got?
  • (If shot down in VS mode) Oh, a big shot, huh?
  • (Upon entering a vehicle in VS mode) That's mine!
  • (VS mode victory pose) Victory is mine. (Draws two Machine Guns from behind him and starts firing).
This one in particular stood out to me:

"When I'm finished with you, I'll have a foxtail for my spaceship!"

Last edited:

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
"A real Warrior can only live on the battlefield"

xWolfiex

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xWolfie55x
3DS FC
2982-1721-1850
I completely forgot about Wolf. Maybe once Dixie Kong gets in, I'm gonna focus on Wolf. My main character.

Top Bottom