• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Its really annoying how Wolf has so much going for him, but we have to wait until E3, unless something is announced sooner to find out more about his situation in Smash Bros DLC. It would be nice if Wolf was announced before E3, that way we could all be at ease.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Its really annoying how Wolf has so much going for him, but we have to wait until E3, unless something is announced sooner to find out more about his situation in Smash Bros DLC. It would be nice if Wolf was announced before E3, that way we could all be at ease.
I get that, but time is really moving so fast this year that E3'll be here in no time. Though I also understand that every day without news can feel like a long wait.

Just be patient, Mewtwo users pretty much had to wait 14 years, our wait is nothing! ;)

TheSpaceKing12

Banned via Warnings
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
I voted for Wolf a while back. Count me in.

If Wolf get's in it'll more then likely go along with the announcement of Starfox WiiU this E3. I highly HIGHLY doubt they'd announce anything about him before then. Or and other DLC character for that matter. For each E3 we've had so far since the game was announced we got 3 new characters per E3. If the pattern continues and the leaks are real then our new characters will be Roy, Ryu for our new 3rd party character(as each E3 before has brought a new one to the table), and most likely wolf as our other first part character. I'm very confident he'll get in, just not before then. E3 is the perfect time for wolf because of Starfox wiiu.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
>roy
>top
Whose laughing now? :p

People keep insisting Wolf is all but guaranteed, and that they shouldn't waste votes on him on the ballot, but that's never set in stone. We don't know what Sakurai was planned. Besides Roy and Ryu lol. Or whatever the hell those files are supposed to be.

So I say we keep voting. Don't assume he's a shoe-in, because our lack of vote support could mean no Wolf. And that's unacceptable. Especially after I was graced with Dark Pit at launch (who I still haven't forgiven) instead of Wolf.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I've been seeing so much anxiety lately mainly among veteran supporters. But I guess that's the way it goes for pretty much anything pre-E3. I wonder what Smash 4 Wolf would be like. Would they add or change anything? What types of buffs or combo potentials could he get? Would he still be able to have conversations in Lylat Cruise, Corneria, and Orbital Gate Assault? Maybe they'll give him a Fox color palette like Fox has for Wolf? Would he still have a landmaster for his final smash or maybe his Wolfen? I'm just thinking aimlessly about what they could do for Wolf.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I've been seeing so much anxiety lately mainly among veteran supporters. But I guess that's the way it goes for pretty much anything pre-E3. I wonder what Smash 4 Wolf would be like. Would they add or change anything? What types of buffs or combo potentials could he get? Would he still be able to have conversations in Lylat Cruise, Corneria, and Orbital Gate Assault? Maybe they'll give him a Fox color palette like Fox has for Wolf? Would he still have a landmaster for his final smash or maybe his Wolfen? I'm just thinking aimlessly about what they could do for Wolf.
Not really sure. On the final smash topic, did they show Lucas' final smash in his reveal trailer? I might have to go watch it again.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Not really sure. On the final smash topic, did they show Lucas' final smash in his reveal trailer? I might have to go watch it again.
Nope, they didn't show his final smash. Kinda suspicious, but don't get your hopes up for a new one just yet.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I don't see Wolf changing too much, of course he'll be a little different just like everyone else is. I see him being similar to Fox in this regard who was barely changed from Brawl, minor buffs aside
No, but it'll likely be the same since they are recycling his Brawl voice from the looks of it. Assuming they didn't bring his Brawl VA back to record one line, cause that'd be really dumb

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I can 99.9% guarantee that Wolf Flash won't put him in a helpless state.

Fox and Falco's side b and their custom equivalents don't put them in a helpless state so I'd bet money on it.

If Mewtwo and from what we know about Lucas so far have shown, his moves probably aren't going to change much if at all.

No guarantees, but it doesn't seem likely.

His animations could change though. (up smash animation better not change)

As for potential buffs, nerfs and combo potential, anything could happen so I'll leave it at that.

That said, down smash will probably remain one of his best kill moves if Fox and Falco's up and forward smash mean anything.

The Lylat Cruise conversations would most likely come back since they didn't change them at all from Brawl with one exception as seen on the front page of this thread so it would be very easy to add Wolf's into the game.

I'm neutral on his Final Smash because Wolf's was really good and fun to use in Brawl so I wouldn't mind if it stayed the same.

If it changes, I'd be okay with that cause that would make him even more unique than he already is.

It's a win-win for me.

And for what it's worth, reusing Brawl voice clips doesn't kill the chances of a new final smash since "We're gonna have fun with this thing" is a pretty ambiguous statement compared to say "Personally, I prefer the air" or "PK Starstooooorm".

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Isn't Ness' final smash in ssb4 similar to Lucario's Brawl final smash? I don't mind if they don't change Lucas' final smash at all though. Just curious. XD

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Isn't Ness' final smash in ssb4 similar to Lucario's Brawl final smash? I don't mind if they don't change Lucas' final smash at all though. Just curious. XD
I'd imagine Lucas' PK Starstorm in SSB4 would be able to change horizontally with out being able to angle it,

kinda like a pong paddle laying flat on the top of the screen and shooting stars from the bottom of it.

TheSpaceKing12

Banned via Warnings
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
In case anyone was wondering about my signature. I've only voted once on each of my computers, I only have 2. Once for Isaac from the Golden Sun series, and the other time for Wolf. Wolf was a secondary of mine in Brawl and I really miss him. On the other hand I grew up with the golden sun series and feel the series deserves a character. Wolf is more deserving of a spot though. The starfox series needs it.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Nintendo released it's latest financial report and updated it's launch schedule for upcoming games for this year and beyond.

Star Fox is still scheduled to be released this year.

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo released it's latest financial report and updated it's launch schedule for upcoming games for this year and beyond.
Star Fox is still scheduled to be released this year.

Am I the only who hates that Nintendo has resorted to titling their games after the console it's released on instead of giving it an actually name

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
Greetings,
I really wanna see Wolf back in to fray.He is my favourite Star Fox character, he was one of my mains in brawl, i love his taunts and victory quotes. If Lucas and Roy (if that happens to be true) can return, Wolf HAS to come back. (just don't change his voice pls).

Last edited:

Smasher-LTIMT

Smash Cadet
NNID
battlefront157
3DS FC
2165-7609-0420
Looks have nothing to do with it.

Ganondorf hardly looks like Captain Falcon, yet he still is considered a clone.
Why? Because he has moves similar to Captain Falcon.

The fact that Wolf's Specials are still similar in structure despite working very different (blaster shot, forward dash, multi-directional boost, reflector shield) and his Final Smash is pretty much a recolored version of Fox's with different properties will cause labels of him being a clone, despite being less comparable to Fox than Falco.

Same with Lucas and his Specials and Final Smash.
Thank you for saying that ^-^ Wolf is hardly a clone! Wolf, Lucas, and Ganondorf are semi clones! Moves are based around a character, but most moves have their own looks and effects! Lucas is back, so im voted for Wolf on the Ballot :D that's was the day it came out!

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
What would Wolf's announcement tagline be?

My idea: Wolf Can't Let You Do That.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If Wolf does come back, I would definitely use his "What's the matter, scared?" taunt (assuming if they'll keep that taunt) after a kill if the person I'm playing against in For Glory decides to be an ass, just to piss 'em off even more. Works every time when I play as Rosalina and use her "Mmm-hmm" taunt.

Last edited:
Top Bottom