• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Am I the only one that doesn't believe that leak? It just doesn't add up. There really is no proof that this is legit, for all we know it could have been a prank. I just don't see Ryu in Smash. Roy, maybe. There are just so many other characters more heavily requested. Plus, the files weren't found on the Wii U version, so that makes it even more fishy.

Though I'm thinking that Roy just may just be an alt for Marth. I'd be more than content with that. Though I will admit having 2 characters named Roy in Smash would be odd. Also, Ryu just seems too out of place for Smash imo. Again, it just doesn't add up to me.
Multiple different reputable sources confirmed the data being there including one that previously leaked Mario Kart 8 DLC and Hyrule Warriors DLC which both ended up being true. If they want to keep there reputation, they wouldn't prank about something like that.

Ryu and Roy being in is like 90% confirmed at this point. All we need is an official confirmation to make it 100%.

Ryu himself is one of the most iconic characters not yet in Smash. In Fact of the three companies (Capcom, Namco, Sega), he's the next most iconic character after the ones who are now currently in Smash.

Requested or not, he fits well. And E3 would be the perfect time to announce him. Wolf will probably be saved for October or something.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Requested or not, he fits well. And E3 would be the perfect time to announce him. Wolf will probably be saved for October or something.
You think so? Hmmm.... If Wolf is saved for October or something, and Roy is saved for a concert, then who besides Ryu will be announced? (Assuming that Ryu is in the game.) All I can think of is Pichu, King K. Rool, Young Link, Snake, or.......Inkling? That's all I got. What do you guys think?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I just had a thought. Provided if we don't see Wolf at E3, we are still getting that Lucas DLC in the same month. If there is an update along with the DLC at all, I bet that whoever hacks and looks at the data of the update (like that one guy did with the update that came with Mewtwo), maybe they'll find out who the remaining two DLC characters that were not in the data of the last update (which had Roy and Ryu) are when they hack and look at it. This is more so a theory, but what do you guys think of this?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I just had a thought. Provided if we don't see Wolf at E3, we are still getting that Lucas DLC in the same month. If there is an update along with the DLC at all, I bet that whoever hacks and looks at the data of the update (like that one guy did with the update that came with Mewtwo), maybe they'll find out who the remaining two DLC characters that were not in the data of the last update (which had Roy and Ryu) are when they hack and look at it. This is more so a theory, but what do you guys think of this?
Either this or Roy and Ryu will be taken out of the data if they are still unannounced.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Either this or Roy and Ryu will be taken out of the data if they are still unannounced.
Maybe, but hey, anything is possible, right? Not sure which of the two possibilities Nintendo will likely go with, though...

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Take out Royu's files, add Wolf's, announce none of them at E3. Ultimate :troll: move right there.
I could see this happening.

The question for that is:

Will the Lucas/the update happen before E3?

If it happens before, than depending on who is in, it will make E3 announcement predictions easier.

Ex: Wolf is on there, 99.9% chance he'll be announced.

Ex 2: The Royu files are still on, basically confirming that they're gonna be announced soon.

If it happens after than it depends if any non-announced characters are on the files.

Ex: Royu is announced, Wolf isn't but his files are found, basically confirming his appearance in the game.

Regardless of what happens, the hackers will have a fun day when the update arrives.

If Wolf is saved for October or something
One thing to keep in mind: Mewtwo was announced back in October, didn't get released until yesterday.

It's very well possible that Wolf gets announced, but isn't released until later in the year when Star Fox U is released.

Also Ryu could very well be announced at EVO instead being a big fighting game tournament that Cap-com sponsors.

They also make announcements there. Mostly Street Fighter ones, but announcements none the less.

Finally, compare Pac-Man's reveal to Mega Man's reveal.

Being iconic doesn't guarantee anything.

Last edited:

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
You think so? Hmmm.... If Wolf is saved for October or something, and Roy is saved for a concert, then who besides Ryu will be announced? (Assuming that Ryu is in the game.) All I can think of is Pichu, King K. Rool, Young Link, Snake, or.......Inkling? That's all I got. What do you guys think?
Well I figure Wolf will get announced for October in a Direct. Maybe an August/September one. I figure since E3 is a huge one in June, most likely a September one. Roy will get announced at the concert in July for an August release. Both him and Lucas will be released after the E3 presentation as a big surprise. This would also explain why Ryu is before Lucas in the files.

The final of the 5 slots in the data mine, will be released in December. I suspect Snake and will be announced in a Direct similar to how Sonic was. This would end Wave 1 of DLC for this game. Wave 2 will consist of newcomers Sakurai selects from the Ballet.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I could see this happening.

The question for that is:

Will the Lucas/the update happen before E3?

If it happens before, than depending on who is in, it will make E3 announcement predictions easier.

Ex: Wolf is on there, 99.9% chance he'll be announced.

Ex 2: The Royu files are still on, basically confirming that they're gonna be announced soon.

If it happens after than it depends if any non-announced characters are on the files.

Ex: Royu is announced, Wolf isn't but his files are found, basically confirming his appearance in the game.

Regardless of what happens, the hackers will have a fun day when the update arrives.
I know, right? Anyway, the rest of what you said is rather interesting, I'd say. I'd bet that the Lucas DLC will be announced after E3, but I could be wrong.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
One thing to keep in mind: Mewtwo was announced back in October, didn't get released until yesterday.

It's very well possible that Wolf gets announced, but isn't released until later in the year when Star Fox U is released.

Also Ryu could very well be announced at EVO instead being a big fighting game tournament that Cap-com sponsors.

They also make announcements there. Mostly Street Fighter ones, but announcements none the less.

Finally, compare Pac-Man's reveal to Mega Man's reveal.

Being iconic doesn't guarantee anything.
You forgot the part where I said If in response to UberPyro64's post, and the part where I said:
(Assuming that Ryu is in the game.)
You could be right about the EVO thing though............... (I don't know what EVO is though)

Well I figure Wolf will get announced for October in a Direct. Maybe an August/September one. I figure since E3 is a huge one in June, most likely a September one. Roy will get announced at the concert in July for an August release. Both him and Lucas will be released after the E3 presentation as a big surprise. This would also explain why Ryu is before Lucas in the files.

The final of the 5 slots in the data mine, will be released in December. I suspect Snake and will be announced in a Direct similar to how Sonic was. This would end Wave 1 of DLC for this game. Wave 2 will consist of newcomers Sakurai selects from the Ballet.
Or veterans. You never know, we could get :pichumelee: :squirtle::ivysaur:or:linkmelee: . We could also get :popo: or :pt: but I highly doubt it.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
You forgot the part where I said If in response to UberPyro64's post, and the part where I said:

You could be right about the EVO thing though............... (I don't know what EVO is though)

Or veterans. You never know, we could get :pichumelee: :squirtle::ivysaur:or:linkmelee: . We could also get :popo: or :pt: but I highly doubt it.
3rd quote: "If" is the first word. Unless you're referring to something else.

2nd part I left out on purpose since it's 90+% guaranteed that Ryu being in the game.

From the official site:

"The Evolution Championship Series (Evo for short) represents the largest and longest-running fighting game tournaments in the world. Evo brings together the best of the best from around the world in a dazzling exhibition of skill and fun, as players and fans gather to honor the competitive spirit in an open format and determine a champion."

Melee and Smash 4 Wii U will be there among others.

Also wrong :younglinkmelee: but that's not anything major.

Last edited:

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
I was thinking about past E3s and each year always gave us three characters.

E3 13: :4villager::4megaman::4wiifit:
E3 14: :4palutena::4pacman::4mii:

Based on that trend and what we have so far, I think what we'll see at E3 15 might look something like this:

:roymelee::wolf: and Ryu.

The only thing that might prove an issue could be more :4lucas: DLC info. but the fact that his release is the month of E3 and we already got footage leads me to believe that E3 will just showcase new DLC characters that haven't been officially announced. Maybe even stages too.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
The only thing that might prove an issue could be more :4lucas: DLC info. but the fact that his release is the month of E3 and we already got footage leads me to believe that E3 will just showcase new DLC characters that haven't been officially announced. Maybe even stages too.
If Mewtwo has proven anything, we probably won't get anymore info outside of a release date for him.

And if Lucas is released before E3, then we really won't have to worry about him.

Considering E3 is pretty late this year, (16th) there's basically a 50-50 chance of him being released before E3.

Chances are looking good for us.

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure it was planned to show Lucas at E3 and release him a week later or so. Like Mewtwo, he will be showed on the big stage :D
I was thinking about past E3s and each year always gave us three characters.

E3 13: :4villager::4megaman::4wiifit:
E3 14: :4palutena::4pacman::4mii:

Based on that trend and what we have so far, I think what we'll see at E3 15 might look something like this:

:roymelee::wolf: and Ryu.

At least one more character besides Lucas is likely, and I'm sure that will be Wolf, but we know Sakurai.. Maybe he'll troll us...

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Well its May, it would be nice if we got a Wolf DLC announcement before E3, but most likely Wolf would be announced for DLC at or after E3. I wonder if the data miners found anything new related to Wolf.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well its May, it would be nice if we got a Wolf DLC announcement before E3, but most likely Wolf would be announced for DLC at or after E3. I wonder if the data miners found anything new related to Wolf.
I ain't gonna worry about those "data miners" too much. Only time will tell if Sakurai will announce Wolf before or after E3, which it ain't gonna be long now.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Has there been an update for the game or something the data miners are digging into right now? Just asking.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Nintendo wants StarFox Wii U to do well. Announcing a Smash 4 cross promotion featuring Wolf at E3 would make more sense than waiting until right before SFWU releases. I'm in the camp that believes we will see Roy, Ryu, and Wolf at E3. But, if we don't see him there, it doesn't necessarily mean anything.
The reason Lucas hasn't been priced yet could also be that they're planning a "Brawl pack" or something, featuring Lucas, Wolf, and a couple of Brawl or Melee stages for $7.99 or so.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
About a month before E3, looking forward to it!
I'm expecting Wofl alongside some actual info for Star Fox U. Because having to wait a year just to actually see that game is kinda ridiculous.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
About a month before E3, looking forward to it!
I'm expecting Wofl alongside some actual info for Star Fox U. Because having to wait a year just to actually see that game is kinda ridiculous.
More like a month and a half, but hey, who's counting, anyway?

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Hey @[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer], how did you find my Wolf post on the Zelda boards?

Regardless of how you did, it was a pleasant surprise!:)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Has there been an update for the game or something the data miners are digging into right now? Just asking.
The last update was bug fixes.

As an aside, I don't think the files guarantee that Roy or Ryu will be the next characters shown. The order in the files was different then who they showed, so we could very well see another character before. I think that E3 will have a totally different characters, probably Wolf.
@ ThePsychoWolf ThePsychoWolf Please don't use dark colors as your font. It makes it difficult to read.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
As an aside, I don't think the files guarantee that Roy or Ryu will be the next characters shown. The order in the files was different then who they showed, so we could very well see another character before. I think that E3 will have a totally different characters, probably Wolf.
@ ThePsychoWolf ThePsychoWolf Please don't use dark colors as your font. It makes it difficult to read.
Here's the files that the hackers/data miners found:

snd_bgm_F27_AIR_MoriStage_3DS.nus3bank
snd_bgm_H12_BW_Sentou_Zekrom_Reshiram_3DS.nus3bank
snd_bgm_SF01_SF2_Ryu_3DS.nus3bank
snd_bgm_T09_SDX_PupupuLand_3DS.nus3bank
snd_bgm_V01_PAC_PacMan_3DS.nus3bank
snd_bgm_Z80_F_Mewtwo_3DS.nus3bank
snd_bgm_Z81_F_Ryu_3DS.nus3bank
snd_bgm_Z82_F_Lucas_3DS.nus3bank
snd_bgm_Z83_F_Roy_3DS.nus3bank

Ryu is listed before Lucas, but who's already announced and will be released in a month?

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

Ryu is listed before Lucas, but who's already announced and will be released in a month?
I wonder what the sound files for the other characters who were in Smash 3DS from the get go are like. Wolf would most likely be
Z84 in the sound bank.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
I don't know why but seeing how :4fox::4falco: got nerfs from the transition to 4, I feel like :wolf: might get nerfed as well.

Well at least chain-grabs won't be an issue anymore.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
From what I've read, people say that even though Fox got nerfed, he does better overall than he did in Brawl because of the game engine changes and new mechanics.

Falco is a different story though.

He lost his chain grabbing ability and his lasers are a lot worse. Both of these were key for him in Brawl.

Wolf doesn't have to worry about either of those.

Acting out of Wolf Flash gives him a great recovery.

It can even set up potential mind games since you could either go for the ledge, or go and strike your opponent if they're waiting at the edge because of the angle.

And if scarring is still possible, that's another option.

No more edge hogging helps his recovery even more.

And as stated above, no more chain grab's will be a huge boost.

Since rolling is so common in this game, I also think up smash and down smash will be very good moves since they can hit on both sides.

Finally, Reflector will help a ton with projectile spam, especially with the speed increase that his reflector gives to projectiles.

I suppose losing dacus is a nerf, but I'd say it's worth losing it for not having to worry about chain grabs anymore.

It's also possible that he'll be "the same" as he was in Brawl and neither buffed or nerfed overall.

This is all speculation, but I think the changes in game mechanics will help him a ton regardless of what happens.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

If I may ask, what is the difference between "snd_bgm_SF01_SF2_Ryu_3DS.nus3bank" and "snd_bgm_Z81_F_Ryu_3DS.nus3bank"? I know, a bit off topic, but still.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
If I may ask, what is the difference between "snd_bgm_SF01_SF2_Ryu_3DS.nus3bank" and "snd_bgm_Z81_F_Ryu_3DS.nus3bank"? I know, a bit off topic, but still.
snd_bgm_SF01_SF2_Ryu_3DS.nus3bank = Stage music

snd_bgm_Z81_F_Ryu_3DS.nus3bank = Victory theme

Top Bottom