• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Megaman was a hype generating machine, Pac-man just wasn't by comparison (though he was one of my most wanted characters, a lot didn't want him though) The pattern will continue more then likely. 3 characters per E3. One third party character, 2 first party characters. Ryu is a hype generator like character. Even though he doesn't really deserve a slot, people would go absolutely insane at the reveal. I'm nearly certain they'll announce wolf's return along with starfox U. Same for Roy and fire emblem if(shin megami tensi X frie emblem seems a little to far away for something like that). It's a safe bet that Ryu will be at the championship end though. In front of that massive crowd, things would go insane, it would be the kinda hype and buzz Nintendo needs at the moment. That's what E3 is all about, hype and a whole lot of games.
Agreed though I think Ryu is a good fit for Smash personally.

You know, I was doing some thinking. In the games files, their was coding for Mewtwo as well as 5 placeholder files. We obviously know one of them is Lucas. 2 of them are very likely to be Roy and Ryu, Wolf is very likely to get in the game, and then theirs 1 last remaining spot (I'm guessing this is all for the pre-Ballot DLC because theirs going to be a lot of characters from the ballot).

Who do you guys think this character is? Also, do you think this last character will be revealed at E3 or at another event?

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341

You know, I was doing some thinking. In the games files, their was coding for Mewtwo as well as 5 placeholder files. We obviously know one of them is Lucas. 2 of them are very likely to be Roy and Ryu, Wolf is very likely to get in the game, and then theirs 1 last remaining spot (I'm guessing this is all for the pre-Ballot DLC because theirs going to be a lot of characters from the ballot).

Who do you guys think this character is? Also, do you think this last character will be revealed at E3 or at another event?
They'd most likely save the last character for later to keep the hype train going as long as possible.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
They'd most likely save the last character for later to keep the hype train going as long as possible.
I could imagine them saving that last character to fill in the gap between pre-ballot DLC and the end of the ballot. If they decide to save that last character for later, we could see that character introduced around late July, August, or early September seeing as the ballot ends in early October.

Speaking of the ballot, I don't think we will hear anything from Nintendo about the ballot until the end of the year or even next year considering how long it takes to make a character.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Speaking of the ballot, I don't think we will hear anything from Nintendo about the ballot until the end of the year or even next year considering how long it takes to make a character.
This is the most likely scenario.

They probably wouldn't want the ballot character to potentially overshadow any pre-ballot characters either.

TheSpaceKing12

Banned via Warnings
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581

Maybe another veteran? Ryu seems like a very special exception, like Nintedo and Capcom had to work out some big deal to get it to work. The 5 slots belong to Lucas, Ryu, Roy, Wolf(more the likely), and perhaps ....uhh Ice climbers if they can get them to work? New3ds exclusive dlc perhaps? If not maybe Young link based around majora's mask and the transformation masks if no? I doubt that in this first batch we'll see another newcomer. And it's WAY to early for the ballot to be taken into consideration. I think that Roy, Wolf, and Ryu will be at E3, and perhaps the last guy sometime in august like around when Shulk was revealed.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Maybe another veteran? Ryu seems like a very special exception, like Nintedo and Capcom had to work out some big deal to get it to work. The 5 slots belong to Lucas, Ryu, Roy, Wolf(more the likely), and perhaps ....uhh Ice climbers if they can get them to work? New3ds exclusive dlc perhaps? If not maybe Young link based around majora's mask and the transformation masks if no? I doubt that in this first batch we'll see another newcomer. And it's WAY to early for the ballot to be taken into consideration. I think that Roy, Wolf, and Ryu will be at E3, and perhaps the last guy sometime in august like around when Shulk was revealed.
I'm starting to really think it's the IC's personally since Pre-Ballot DLC is putting an emphasis on veterans whereas the initial Smash roster (and I guess the Smash Ballot) puts an emphasis on newcomers.

There's 2 possible ways the IC's get revealed...

1) The IC's are announced as a New 3DS exclusive like you said.

2) Sakurai says that he found a way to put the IC's on the regular 3DS without any problems (best case scenario).

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I can't really see any characters being exclusive to the New 3DS; the game itself is playable on the regular 3DS, and it seems like more people would be likely to have that than the New one. I can't really see them deliberately making it so that a large portion of the people who play the 3DS version can't access certain characters.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I can't really see any characters being exclusive to the New 3DS; the game itself is playable on the regular 3DS, and it seems like more people would be likely to have that than the New one. I can't really see them deliberately making it so that a large portion of the people who play the 3DS version can't access certain characters.
And to add to this, how will online work if someone has the new 3ds and the other player doesn't, and the player with the new 3ds decides to play Ice Climbers? then there would be a problem, because then the game would either slow down severely or crash.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Some random theory about why there is no Wolf sound file in the discovered files:
  • Lucas and Roy's victory theme is basically copyable from Ness and the Fire Emblem characters
  • Ryu basically had a victory theme in his own game, and
  • Wolf is planned to have a different version of victory theme like Bowser and Meta Knight, so they needed to take time to make one, hence no Wolf.
Basically, Lucas, Roy and Ryu's victory themes are the easiest to find, and Wolf never had a special theme but needs one, so the three had their own theme prepared without Wolf.

Again tho, this could be easily wishful thinking, and the "Sound file is not prepared yet" excuse can be easily applied to other villains or unrepresented franchises, so yeah. :/

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Only one month before E3 starts and the Digital Event begins. Whose bodies are ready?

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Some random theory about why there is no Wolf sound file in the discovered files:
  • Lucas and Roy's victory theme is basically copyable from Ness and the Fire Emblem characters
  • Ryu basically had a victory theme in his own game, and
  • Wolf is planned to have a different version of victory theme like Bowser and Meta Knight, so they needed to take time to make one, hence no Wolf.
Basically, Lucas, Roy and Ryu's victory themes are the easiest to find, and Wolf never had a special theme but needs one, so the three had their own theme prepared without Wolf.

Again tho, this could be easily wishful thinking, and the "Sound file is not prepared yet" excuse can be easily applied to other villains or unrepresented franchises, so yeah. :/
Good theory.

I think another reason could be that since Wolf would most likely be released around the same time as Star Fox Wii U, which will probably be released during the holiday season, his files aren't needed this early since Royu would be released before him over the summer/fall.

Evidence: Whenever Hyrule Warriors got an update, hackers would find data that would apply to the next dlc pack that was set to come out, but no data about packs that would come out past it.

Example: When the 2nd DLC pack came out, they found data from the 3rd pack, but not the 4th pack.

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
Good theory.

I think another reason could be that since Wolf would most likely be released around the same time as Star Fox Wii U, which will probably be released during the holiday season, his files aren't needed this early since Royu would be released before him over the summer/fall.

Evidence: Whenever Hyrule Warriors got an update, hackers would find data that would apply to the next dlc pack that was set to come out, but no data about packs that would come out past it.

Example: When the 2nd DLC pack came out, they found data from the 3rd pack, but not the 4th pack.
That sounds pretty justifiable and logical to me.
9/10 Should have had this in there:

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
It's been pretty quiet all around the boards. I really hope our wait is worth it. It doesn't help that E3 is now a week later than usual.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
School's finishing up so everybody is probably busy with finals and graduation and all that stuff which may explain why it's so quiet.

I've been out of school for so long I keep forgetting that people still go to school in the first place.

I hope that some new games besides the next Star Fox game and Wolf get announced so I'll have something else to look forward to.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
School's finishing up so everybody is probably busy with finals and graduation and all that stuff which may explain why it's so quiet.

I've been out of school for so long I keep forgetting that people still go to school in the first place.

I hope that some new games besides the next Star Fox game and Wolf get announced so I'll have something else to look forward to.
I'm out of High School on June 4th where I am. I think by the middle of June the thread's activity should go back up again. As for new games, I'm hoping to get my hands on a Wii U soon so I probably won't miss out on much anymore. :p

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I'm out of High School on June 4th where I am. I think by the middle of June the thread's activity should go back up again. As for new games, I'm hoping to get my hands on a Wii U soon so I probably won't miss out on much anymore. :p
For more than one reason.:smirk:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

I'm thinking either Dixie Kong or someone like Isaac, just a feeling though

Top Bottom