• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
We already have Fox with a Wolf skin and Falco, don't really need anymore clones like the Fire Emblem guys have.
Guessing you didn't play Brawl or unlocked Wolf. Wolf only has similar (not the same) specials and the same back air and FS as Fox/Falco. Therefore, Wolf is a semi-clone (lol barely). ALSO, Roy is a semi-clone not a clone. He's been altered to play more different, only Lucina is a clone to Marth.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
He's not even a character right now so...not really sure how you can say that.

And if you're referring to how he was in SSBB he looks pretty cloney to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzm4skwnZ1s
Really? Your video is actual proof that Wolf isn't a clone. If your standards for clones are that they share similar moves, GUYS WATCH OUT! SAMUS, MEWTWO, LUCARIO, AND MII GUNNER ARE ALL CLONES SINCE THEY SHARE THAT CHARGE UP NEUTRAL SPECIAL PROJECTILE!

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Really? Your video is actual proof that Wolf isn't a clone. If your standards for clones are that they share similar moves, GUYS WATCH OUT! SAMUS, MEWTWO, LUCARIO, AND MII GUNNER ARE ALL CLONES SINCE THEY SHARE THAT CHARGE UP NEUTRAL SPECIAL PROJECTILE!
YEAH AND IKE AND TOON LINK ARE CLONES, BECAUSE THEY BOTH HAVE SWORDS!

Last edited:

Meister Zeigler

Smash Apprentice
Oh quit being pouty.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
And pretty much everything else from looks to movement, but it's okay, just be selective about what you see.
Do you seriously have nothing better to do but troll a thread on the Internet? It's sad that petty opinions can drive people to just make an ass out of themselves. If you don't like Wolf, whatever. No one cares.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Do you seriously have nothing better to do but troll a thread on the Internet? It's sad that petty opinions can drive people to just make an *** out of themselves. If you don't like Wolf, whatever. No one cares.
Or better yet, if you don't like Wolf, get the hell out of here.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Of course not! I actually have a Wolf Fox too. I'm just saying it's f***ed up they cut Wolf and replaced him with a skin as if he was never in smash to begin with.
They did that with Wario
They also did it with Dixie Kong(likely a reference to the Dixie/Diddy tag team character plans)
Plus,it combines the blue costume from Melee and Brawl,which so happens to have Wolf's fur

Maybe,I'll switch to the Green costume when not using my Fox amiibo
When I am using him,I will use his Orange(Melee Red Reference?)costume

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Not to mention he moves and looks the exact same, quit being whiny about it and just play Fox.
Really? I mean really? Fox doesn't even come close to how Wolf plays. I played as Fox and Wolf a lot in Brawl and despite the small similarities, they are indeed different characters. Smash 4 can give me a Wolf pallette swap and a couple of his moves for Fox but it's still not the same as the Wolf I played as during the Brawl days.

Miikon

Smash Cadet
Wolf is definetly not a clone of Fox. The only similarities between the two are about five attacks.
I have even seen people argue that Toon link and Link aren't semi-clones despite sharing -what seems like - half a moveset.
If the line between semi-clone and unique is set at around half a moveset, then Wolf and Fox shouldn't even be considered semi-clones.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Not to mention he moves and looks the exact same, quit being whiny about it and just play Fox.
No disrespect intended. If you don't get utter satisfaction from nailing someone perfectly with Wolf Flash, using hyper the knee pummel, or spiking someone down into the abyss....

....then Wolf simply isn't your cup of tea. Let us Wolf fanatics have our fun. I just know Sakurai will bring him back.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
My Wolf and Super Mario Maker thoughts:
- If Wolf doesn't appear in Super Mario Maker, his future will be unclear in both Smash and popularity terms.
- If Wolf is actually an unlockable costume via amiibo, then he will definately have an amiibo, and possibly joining Smash.
- If Wolf is an unlockable via mistery costume, then we know he won't have amiibo, and his Smash chances will be lowered a little more.
One other thing to note is if the DLC characters, :4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu: are in the default roster, I heard the game will get amiibo DLC.

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
My Wolf and Super Mario Maker thoughts:
- If Wolf is an unlockable via mistery costume, then we know he won't have amiibo, and his Smash chances will be lowered a little more.
I think somebody obtained Mewtwo via mystery costume.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I don't think you can REALLY call Wolf a clone. Sure they have "similar" special moves but that's it.

All of his moves, including his aerials and smashes, are different. All grounded attacks have different animations as well as different properties, his aerials are the same way. His specials, while similar, are different in more ways than not. Unlike Falco's and Fox's, Wolf's specials have properties that are nonexistent in the other two's including: a spike/follow-up on his Up-B, a sweet-spot on his Side-B, and a hit box at the base on his Neutral-B. I guess you can call his reflector the most similar of all the moves because all it does is come out slower.

Looking from a competitive and game-play standpoint Wolf is a totally different and unique character, if you're looking in from the outside, though, you can make the mistake that he is a clone. You really don't know how unique he is from the others until you pick up a controller and play as him.
Don't respond to bait, guys.
Don't worry. I heeded your warning but I did want to put my two cents out there for the hell of it.

Last edited:

Meister Zeigler

Smash Apprentice
It's not bait but whatever, Wolf most likely won't be coming anyway hence the fact that they gave Fox a Wolf skin in the first place.

Meister Zeigler

Smash Apprentice
Vastly different looking moveset. This is what you said. That implies that Roy had different moves from Marth in Melee, which he really didn't. All he had was some fire effects.
I am talking about SSB4, I said Roy was here from as far back as Melee, learn to read.

Last edited:
Top Bottom