• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Roy uses fire and actually has a vastly different looking moveset, Wario is completely different from Mario or Luigi, and doesn't look the same either.
You need to look beyond the flashy stuff.

Using an arm instead of a leg is far more different that two sword swings where the difference is just the addition of a fire effect.

I'll bail out now.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Lol, this guy said Roy was more unique than Wolf when he was in Melee. I literally can't take you seriously now. :laugh::joyful:
Not mention he was just like "we don't need clones like those Fire Emblem dudes" in his first post and now he's like "Roy's vastly different"! I mean, he doesn't even have any consistency in his weak arguments xD

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I am talking about SSB4, I said Roy was here from as far back as Melee, learn to read.
You actually didn't say this nor did you imply it.
This is what you said about Roy.
"Roy uses fire and actually has a vastly different looking moveset"
Nothing about Melee or Smash 4, just his moveset.

Considering my post that you replied to with this.
"Which is why Roy didn't come back right? Or Wario?"

Your post led me to believe you were talking about Roy's merits from Melee.
Roy is different in Smash 4, okay I'll give you that, he's still more of a clone than Wolf. If you cannot see the difference in the A moveset of Wolf and Fox, I literally cannot talk to you as I don't want to stoop down that low.
Not mention he was just like "we don't need clones like those Fire Emblem dudes" in his first post and now he's like "Roy's vastly different"! xD
Lol I know right.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Not mention he was just like "we don't need clones like those Fire Emblem dudes" in his first post and now he's like "Roy's vastly different"! I mean, he doesn't even have any consistency in his weak arguments xD
He literally killed the argument right there. Everything he says after that is worthless now. lol

D

Deleted member

Another user to ignore, great.

The only good thing about this is that it gives us something to talk about.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Alright, everyone settle down. We can debate and disagree with whomever we want but we don't want the thread stepping into bully territory. He can think what he wants. It's his opinion we can try as we might to make him see it the way we do but in the end it's just that, an opinion.

Oh, and welcome to the thread @ Meister Zeigler Meister Zeigler . :)

Last edited:

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
He literally killed the argument right there. Everything he says after that is worthless now. lol
Ikr. I'm studying to be an engineer/mathematician and not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure using a point you were against earlier in your favor is just asking for nobody to take you seriously.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
We could ask @Zem-raj to make a Wolf thing for Super Mario Maker. I believe he's done some for Ridley, Isaac, Bandana Dee, and maybe Krystal. Might be different artists though. I know he did Ridley.
Oh that would be great right there. I already got that game preordered so I'm looking forward to it.
Yeah, I think Slippy being found in MM was the biggest deal for us as of now. Though I really wouldn't turn down a Slippy amiibo.
I'm down for Slippy.

Last edited:

Miikon

Smash Cadet
A change I would like to see them make to Wolf's moveset is to replace his reflector with a counter type move that instead of making a counterattack, Wolf gains a boost in speed and damage for X amount of time. Thought it would fit Wolf better than a reflector and make him a more competitively interesting fighter.
Then again, if Wolf returns, he will propably have his moveset from Brawl, like Lucas have.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
A change I would like to see them make to Wolf's moveset is to replace his reflector with a counter type move that instead of making a counterattack, Wolf gains a boost in speed and damage for X amount of time. Thought it would fit Wolf better than a reflector and make him a more competitively interesting fighter.
Then again, if Wolf returns, he will propably have the same moveset like Lucas have.
I'm good with counters for this Smash thank you very much.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
I'm good with counters for this Smash thank you very much.
I'm okay with counters if they can be justified. Tbh Marth, Ike, Lucina, Shulk, Roy, and Little Mac are the only characters with a justified counter. The rest is like okay we don't have a down B so counter it is!

And :4shulk: has the cheapest counter of all time....
I love it

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
So is there anything Wolf related we can talk about? Anything? Nothing?
Will Wolf bring the big guns for Smash 4?

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Then again, if Wolf returns, he will propably have his moveset from Brawl, like Lucas have.
I really like this idea. It also kind of fits Wolfs aggressive/feral nature. The move itself encourages aggression (and makes it easier to do so) since the stat increases only last for a limited time.

I like reflector, but I'd be totally down, and maybe even prefer, this move if it ever happened.

But yeah, the chances of Wolf getting new specials is very low, if not outright zero if Lucas and other semi-clones are any indication among other things like time constraints.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Roy uses fire and actually has a vastly different looking moveset, Wario is completely different from Mario or Luigi, and doesn't look the same either.
I'm sure you wouldn't be saying that about Roy before was even revealed. To most he looked like Marth with a fire sword, much like your "Wolf looks like a slower Fox" mentality. Wolf is different enough in the same vain as Roy now is, and could be made even more different with additional development time devoted to him like Roy had (but he is already different enough if you ask me).

You have the right to have an opinion, but please be a bit more open minded.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Sakurai literally said that Wolf took about 70% of the work a normal character would, meaning he's only about 30% clone, the article was posted like 2 days ago and it's on the smashboards homepage. It's impossible to deny that Wolf is a semi-clone at the very most.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Well, to be fair that was just in reference to his body type. It was easy for the team to build Wolf's model off of Fox's like how Jigglypuff was built off of Kirby in the original. That doesn't necessarily mean Wolf was added solely for the purpose of being a semi-clone, but it is obvious he has elements derived from Fox into his character.

His specials, obviously, are shared. But different enough for them to be unique in their own way, like Lucas, Roy, etc.
His normals are pretty vastly different, visually anyways. Which is what most people care about, so he's definitely no clone in that regard.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
As for the talk on clonesity, I think this topic has been buried, revived, buried again, and revived again enough by now. He's unique, he just has similarities. Captain Falcon had similarities with Samus in 64, but they were unique. Same thing applies here. As for Roy, I'd say he's been upgraded to semi-clone, but not completely unique.
How dare you mention that demonic character here. Evil. Just... evil.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
As for the talk on clonesity, I think this topic has been buried, revived, buried again, and revived again enough by now. He's unique, he just has similarities. Captain Falcon had similarities with Samus in 64, but they were unique. Same thing applies here. As for Roy, I'd say he's been upgraded to semi-clone, but not completely unique.

Shulk. シュルク in Japanese.
:4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
What the **** did I miss? Wolf is not a clone and hardly a semi clone. If Wolf is a clone than so is Luigi and heck I'll say Wario at this point too.

Anyways! Ignoring that ignorance, I thought of something at work today. To my knowledge, most, if not every meteor/spike in Brawl got a sourspot added in Sm4sh if it didn't already have one. The main one that comes to mind is Ganon's dair though I'm unsure on a lot of them and I'm pretty sure Luigi's down taunt is still a pure meteor/spike. In regards to this, what do you guys think will happen to Wolf's dair in Sm4sh? He could keep the pure meteor or he could get a horizontal sourspot like Falcon, Ganon and I think Falco? Or he could get a vertical one like Mewtwo...pretty sure it's vertical anyways. Or maybe it'll get completely changed.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I love it
Especially when you have Monado Smash Art active. I once killed a Captain Falcon attempting to kill me with the so-called "Knee of Justice" with Shulk's counter and I had the Smash Art active.

Last edited:

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo

:4shulk: is best character in Sm4sh! Until Wolf comes along anyways... Tho I admit Shulk is very very cheap Shh..

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
To my knowledge, most, if not every meteor/spike in Brawl got a sourspot added in Sm4sh if it didn't already have one. The main one that comes to mind is Ganon's dair though I'm unsure on a lot of them and I'm pretty sure Luigi's down taunt is still a pure meteor/spike. In regards to this, what do you guys think will happen to Wolf's dair in Sm4sh? He could keep the pure meteor or he could get a horizontal sourspot like Falcon, Ganon and I think Falco? Or he could get a vertical one like Mewtwo...pretty sure it's vertical anyways. Or maybe it'll get completely changed.
Good question. I honestly have no idea. The thing with Wolf's D-Air is that has weak base knockback, but it has high knockback scaling. I think that mechanic fits the whole sourspot billet, simply because if you hit anyone with a low percent, the entire move is a sourspot. However, if they were to add a sourspot, I think it'd be either on his body, or the very tip of his claws.

Shulk. シュルク in Japanese.
:4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk:

Outta this thread! Demons begone from this thread!

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Good question. I honestly have no idea. The thing with Wolf's D-Air is that has weak base knockback, but it has high knockback scaling. I think that mechanic fits the whole sourspot billet, simply because if you hit anyone with a low percent, the entire move is a sourspot. However, if they were to add a sourspot, I think it'd be either on his body, or the very tip of his claws.

Outta this thread! Demons begone from this thread!
Nope.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
My Wolf and Super Mario Maker thoughts:
- If Wolf doesn't appear in Super Mario Maker, his future will be unclear in both Smash and popularity terms.
- If Wolf is actually an unlockable costume via amiibo, then he will definately have an amiibo, and possibly joining Smash.
- If Wolf is an unlockable via mistery costume, then we know he won't have amiibo, and his Smash chances will be lowered a little more.
But I heard someone said DLC amiibo won't be compatible?

I'm sure you wouldn't be saying that about Roy before was even revealed. To most he looked like Marth with a fire sword, much like your "Wolf looks like a slower Fox" mentality. Wolf is different enough in the same vain as Roy now is, and could be made even more different with additional development time devoted to him like Roy had (but he is already different enough if you ask me).

You have the right to have an opinion, but please be a bit more open minded.
Right, it seems like now the vets will keep getting hated before they become DLC.... (Same for newcomers but meh)

---

I really wanted to make a more detailed moveset comparison video, but I don't have a good computer to at least run Brawl without lag, with or without a recording software running...

Troykv

Smash Master
So... maybe people answer the troll's post because they want that Wolf's thread arrives to Bandana Dee's or even K. Rool's Pages.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Hello, you may know me from the Bandana Dee thread, I've made a discovery that may point at Wolf being in Smash.
That discovery is that his posts always end with cliffhangers.

I want Wolf back because he was the best thing in Brawl.

Wolf is too cool to have counter as his Down B, also welcome to the Wolf thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom