• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I love the down-b idea, but I feel it shouldn't be activated as a counter.

Last edited:

Elec

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-5666-2210
I don't know why, but I have this feeling that Wolf will be the next DLC character. Like, everything just seems to coincide right now. Like how there's a new Starfox in the making. Though I think they would use the Assault/64 3D design for him to match with Fox & Falco.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
I don't know why, but I have this feeling that Wolf will be the next DLC character. Like, everything just seems to coincide right now. Like how there's a new Starfox in the making. Though I think they would use the Assault/64 3D design for him to match with Fox & Falco.
Did you have a vision? :4shulk:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Now that I think about it, the down b idea is very similar to Deep Breathing, which is:4wiifitm:'s down b.

The main difference is that Deep Breathing increases knockback and heals 3% vs. an increase in damage and speed.
Instead of being activated like a normal counter, it could be activated whenever you want like:4wiifitm:. Instead of breathing, howling could be used in its place. Snarls/growls could be another option.
I want Wolf back because he was the best thing in Brawl.
My opinion exactly.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
They don't need to change any of Wolf's moves. If they add something to one of his already existing moves, such as a clash slash at the end of Wolf Flash like someone suggested on here, that'd be great too.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'd be fine if Wolf was unchanged but added a Wolfen air strike instead of Red Landmaster.

Then Wolf players can rub it into the face of the one who personally prefers the air.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
To be fair, this has been happening since the start of DLC...

They don't need to change any of Wolf's moves. If they add something to one of his already existing moves, such as a clash slash at the end of Wolf Flash like someone suggested on here, that'd be great too.
^This. Though changing Bair is welcome, since with cloneosity (Toomai's) concerned, a custom copied may increase the cloniness, and removing a cloned move can certainly help with the balance.

--

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72356669

Another poll. VOT WOF

Last edited:

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
A change I would like to see them make to Wolf's moveset is to replace his reflector with a counter type move that instead of making a counterattack, Wolf gains a boost in speed and damage for X amount of time. Thought it would fit Wolf better than a reflector and make him a more competitively interesting fighter.
Then again, if Wolf returns, he will propably have his moveset from Brawl, like Lucas have.
Please no I want to defeat Link mains with relative ease.

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, this has been happening since the start of DLC...

^This. Though changing Bair is welcome, since with cloneosity (Toomai's) concerned, a custom copied may increase the cloniness, and removing a cloned move can certainly help with the balance.

--

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72356669

Another poll. VOT WOF
I didn't vote Wolf (pls don't kill me), he has so many votes that he'll most likely get to the next round anyway (same for K. Rool). Voted for Captain Toad instead.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
People wanting changes to bair, down b and our Final Smash...the last one makes sense but back in Brawl, bair was our life. We won't be able to pull off two in a single sh and maybe not even one but that's a damn good bair even if it is a kick much like Fox and Falco's. Sides, :4luigi::4mario::4falcon::4ganondorf::4marth::4feroy: all share aerials and only the middle ones are considered clones and even then, I've heard some people consider Ganon a semi clone. If we do get a bair change hopefully it's one like D3s where it's still useful. As for reflector, that move is partly why I'm waiting for Wolf before I play Smash without my cousin again. Because **** your usual FG :4dedede::4falco::4link::4lucario::4lucas::4mario::4megaman::4mewtwo::4ness::4pacman::4pikachu::4robinm::4samus::4villager::4wiifit: and :4zss:. Could even go as far as to add :4bowserjr::4darkpit::4fox::4greninja::4pit::4tlink: and :4yoshi: too.

And after posting all of that, I've now realized how ****ing spammy people can be on FG '-' especially dubs. A reflector and a usable projectile fixes that all, along with the added benefit of good air and ground speed, fast attacks and all of the other beautiful things Wolf has. Or, ya know, a platform. A platform could fix this issue too.

Logo12

Smash Lord
People wanting changes to bair, down b and our Final Smash...the last one makes sense but back in Brawl, bair was our life. We won't be able to pull off two in a single sh and maybe not even one but that's a damn good bair even if it is a kick much like Fox and Falco's. Sides, :4luigi::4mario::4falcon::4ganondorf::4marth::4feroy: all share aerials and only the middle ones are considered clones and even then, I've heard some people consider Ganon a semi clone. If we do get a bair change hopefully it's one like D3s where it's still useful. As for reflector, that move is partly why I'm waiting for Wolf before I play Smash without my cousin again. Because **** your usual FG :4dedede::4falco::4link::4lucario::4lucas::4mario::4megaman::4mewtwo::4ness::4pacman::4pikachu::4robinm::4samus::4villager::4wiifit: and :4zss:. Could even go as far as to add :4bowserjr::4darkpit::4fox::4greninja::4pit::4tlink: and :4yoshi: too.

And after posting all of that, I've now realized how ****ing spammy people can be on FG '-' especially dubs. A reflector and a usable projectile fixes that all, along with the added benefit of good air and ground speed, fast attacks and all of the other beautiful things Wolf has. Or, ya know, a platform. A platform could fix this issue too.
Definitively, all 3 pairs you mentioned are semi-clones tho. It's not one move or aerials that matter, but the overall amount of moves cloned or such. Wolf probably has too few moves to be decloned that Bair is the closest choice (other than FS) for me if they were to change at least one move. (Also Nair but that's not cloned so)

Also, to be fair, if Wolf gets in, he's gonna be another "usual FG projectile spammer" in your list :/

I didn't vote Wolf (pls don't kill me), he has so many votes that he'll most likely get to the next round anyway (same for K. Rool). Voted for Captain Toad instead.
HOW DAIR U U ANGERED THE MIGHTY WOLF O'DONNELL U MUST SUFFER TO DEATH

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Definitively, all 3 pairs you mentioned are semi-clones tho. It's not one move or aerials that matter, but the overall amount of moves cloned or such. Wolf probably has too few moves to be decloned that Bair is the closest choice (other than FS) for me if they were to change at least one move. (Also Nair but that's not cloned so)

Also, to be fair, if Wolf gets in, he's gonna be another "usual FG projectile spammer" in your list :/

HOW DAIR U U ANGERED THE MIGHTY WOLF O'DONNELL U MUST SUFFER TO DEATH
My point was that Wolf has one 'cloned' aerial while the likes of those 3 pairs have more and similar ground moves too and yet they are fine (though admittedly, Ganon still being a clone is dumb and some people don't like having '3 Marths'. Luigi is considered perfectly fine and is even mentioned during any decloning process as Luigifiying)

As for Wolf joining the spam group, that'll be a thing, yeah but Wolf himself deals with spam quite well. He can force approaches even against himself and approaching is something a lot of people don't like to do on FG because lol FD.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Because **** your usual FG :4dedede::4falco::4link::4lucario::4lucas::4mario::4megaman::4mewtwo::4ness::4pacman::4pikachu::4robinm::4samus::4villager::4wiifit: and :4zss:. Could even go as far as to add :4bowserjr::4darkpit::4fox::4greninja::4pit::4tlink: and :4yoshi: too.
I'll have you know that I don't soam lasers and shadow balls ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
As Falco and Mewtwo respectively
And why not add Charizard spamming Side-B off the edge like Little Mac

Kappa

Logo12

Smash Lord
My point was that Wolf has one 'cloned' aerial while the likes of those 3 pairs have more and similar ground moves too and yet they are fine (though admittedly, Ganon still being a clone is dumb and some people don't like having '3 Marths'. Luigi is considered perfectly fine and is even mentioned during any decloning process as Luigifiying)

As for Wolf joining the spam group, that'll be a thing, yeah but Wolf himself deals with spam quite well. He can force approaches even against himself and approaching is something a lot of people don't like to do on FG because lol FD.
Wolf is the kind that gets called a clone by those who don't think Luigi is not a Mario semiclone, too bad. I dunno what would really help this, but if decloning is really needed, that's an option.

I'll have you know that I don't soam lasers and shadow balls ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
As Falco and Mewtwo respectively
And why not add Charizard spamming Side-B off the edge like Little Mac

Kappa
That list just contains projectile spammers...

I heard Falco spamming laser isn't even a good option, btw

And I never go on FG.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Definitively, all 3 pairs you mentioned are semi-clones tho.
Luigi isnt a clone

Saying Luigi is a clone,is like saying Wolf is a clone
That list just contains projectile spammers...

I heard Falco spamming laser isn't even a good option, btw

And I never go on FG.
Well,the only characters that I have seen spam are :4pikachu: and :4samus:,and maybe :4link: and :4tlink:

And :4robinm:was made for spamming

Logo12

Smash Lord
Luigi isnt a clone

Saying Luigi is a clone,is like saying Wolf is a clone

Well,the only characters that I have seen spam are :4pikachu: and :4samus:,and maybe :4link: and :4tlink:

And :4robinm:was made for spamming
http://www.ssbwiki.com/User:Toomai/Cloneosity

I like how this site is the top result of the word "cloneosity" now.

Go check it, Luigi is still >50% clone.

If you still think Luigi is more unique than Wolf, then you're with those who thinks Wolf to be a third Fox.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Falco spamming lasers isn't that good until you go on FG dubs. His laser prevent ground combat and his partner covers the air. Quite an annoying thing to deal with and you can't outcamp it since Falco has the Reflector. Thankfully R.O.B. makes short work of it thanks to Arm Rotor of all things though Wolf could handle it just as well with Reflector.

And yeah, Charizard wasn't added nor was Mac because they spam physical moves that anyone can punish. Wolf would handle projectile spam on FD like a piece of cake :4falco:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Been lurking this thread for a while now, and it's about time i joined. Wolf was my first official main and it's a shame he didn't come back. Hope he's dlc soon

Pakky

Smash Hero
I support Wolf as my second choice, however I have a question. Would it benefit or hinder Wolf if his specials were replaced?

Logo12

Smash Lord
Been lurking this thread for a while now, and it's about time i joined. Wolf was my first official main and it's a shame he didn't come back. Hope he's dlc soon
I support Wolf as my second choice, however I have a question. Would it benefit or hinder Wolf if his specials were replaced?
WELCOME YOU TWO TO THE WOFL PACK

*cough*

Anyways, Specials.... hmmm

On the bright side, if the specials are replaced, people can complain less about Wolf being a clone, since they all just judge by their specials anyway.

For real though, any minor changes and it will already suffice, since you know, Roy, who only got like 3 moves changed, as ignorant as it sounds, is called "fully unique" by some. While in fact he's still the cloniest semi-clone.

But for us, I suppose those who have experienced with playing Wolf in Brawl wouldn't really want too much change. Nor will Sakurai, I think. If they did get changed, the character will be more unfamiliar to the Smash fans and stuff.

At the end, either it benefits or not still depends on situation. Say Wolf got changed in a way people really wanted, like Final Smash, then most, even those who regards Wolf as a clone, may be satisfied with the change. If he got a special moveset overhaul, while the non-Wolf players be like "omg Wolf is unique now", it's hard for us the true fans to adapt, which isn't really what Sakurai will want (Which is why Ganon is still a semiclone of CF). Still this is really subjective and no one can well give a conclusion on this, but at least for me, I prefer no change, or at most a change on Side B, Final Smash, and Back air (and Nair but that's unique)

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
http://www.ssbwiki.com/User:Toomai/Cloneosity

I like how this site is the top result of the word "cloneosity" now.

Go check it, Luigi is still >50% clone.

If you still think Luigi is more unique than Wolf, then you're with those who thinks Wolf to be a third Fox.
Well crap,my logic has been kill

I thought Luigi was no longer a clone after Melee

Well,then Wolf should come back,no questions asked!
Welcome to SmashBoards and our thread,we talk about Wolf most of the time

@ Logo12 Logo12
Edit:You sneaky:4greninja:

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I'd rather not a change to specials aside from maybe Fire Wolf. Blaster lets us force approaches with some exceptions and amusingly enough is the only one of the three that would be safe at point blank range since Starfox lost their sh auto cancel and Falco's has atrocious ending lag. Wolf Flash aids our recovery and has a lot of potential with it possibly no longer putting us in helpless and potential combos into it off stage for early kills. Reflector also helps us forcing approaches and altogether makes camping less of a problem. Fire Wolf is...our recovery move and that's about it. Give it some offensive presence even if that means changing it to something that isn't a directional recovery and I'd be happy.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Yeah i think I'll keep the specials mostly the same. Although i wouldn't mind adding something extra to them. Make his blaster have three shotss instead of one, add a claw swipe to wolf flash kinda like :4shulk:air slash. Make it so we don't go into helpless after wolf flash, and add a better ledge sweetspot so we don't drop straight down after executing fire wolf. Keep the reflector the same for those lovely for glory:4tlink::4link::4samus:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I'm liking all the new Wolf supporters that are popping up.

Besides a bigger/standardized ledge sweetspot, the best way to make Fire Wolf better is to give it the same (or more) power as Twisting Fox.

A hitbox on start up would also be appreciated.

Also make it so that you don't lose momentum after using it so you can still have some degree of movement after using it.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
It be pretty cool if he had a machine gun for his neutral B. When firing it has a fair amount of range and rate of fire, but the longer you hold it, the rate of fire decreases until its the same as his blaster. Just an idea, still kinda prefer his blaster. Anyway the wii u version should get sector z along with wolf. Seriously why does the wii u not have a great fox stage?!

Logo12

Smash Lord
I'm liking all the new Wolf supporters that are popping up.

Besides a bigger/standardized ledge sweetspot, the best way to make Fire Wolf better is to give it the same (or more) power as Twisting Fox.

A hitbox on start up would also be appreciated.

Also make it so that you don't lose momentum after using it so you can still have some degree of movement after using it.
While that's practical, that's... Making Wolf more cloney than ever.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
While that's practical, that's... Making Wolf more cloney than ever.
Who cares if it makes him more of a clone.

It's better to have a cloned move that's good than a unique (or in this case, a slight variation) move that's bad.

If nothing else, at least the animation would still be different.

Let the clone haters hate if they want, they don't bother me any.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Wolf's up-special? I think it should retain it's speed and animation, but with more hitboxes and damage. As for the slash at the end of Wolf's side-special, I'll take it as long at the hit before can still meteor opponents.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I'd just rather the claw blaster since it does its job and does it well (far better than Falco's that's for sure). If the blaster does get changed then either give us the machine guns he uses in his victory...dance thing from Assault or the standard rifle from Assault. Weak more spammable shots and if we charge it we get a stronger, homing shot.

Right, I'm called an alt there just because I made more people vote... >_>
They closed the poll early because of that (I posted it to the Captain Toad thread as well, but I don't think they're aware of that) and said that the next poll allows only registered users to vote (But I was still able to vote despite not being registered).

As for the specials... I haven't played Brawl for a long time, but I think that Wolf's up special's name should be changed, it doesn't feature fire in any way.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
It would be kind of cool if the bayonet of Wolf's Blaster did a ton of shield damage. That way it would be safer to use up close and make opponents think twice about shielding against it.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
As for the specials... I haven't played Brawl for a long time, but I think that Wolf's up special's name should be changed, it doesn't feature fire in any way.
Pretty sure the Japanese name of it was Wolf Shoot which fits better. Regardless of name, the move either 'shoots' or 'fires' Wolf in a direction and if it did have fire...I can hear the people complaining now.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Weak more spammable shots and if we charge it we get a stronger, homing shot.
...Super Scope?

Who cares if it makes him more of a clone.

It's better to have a cloned move that's good than a unique (or in this case, a slight variation) move that's bad.

If nothing else, at least the animation would still be different.

Let the clone haters hate if they want, they don't bother me any.
Well that's true tho. Fox's custom Up B is almost always better than Wolf's. Flying Fox is faster, while Twisting Fox does the trapping better. Not to mention the move itself is already longer and having a bigger ledge sweetspot for Wolf.

To think it might be intentional to make Wolf's recovery worse (This and the 60 frame meteor cancel)...

It be pretty cool if he had a machine gun for his neutral B. When firing it has a fair amount of range and rate of fire, but the longer you hold it, the rate of fire decreases until its the same as his blaster. Just an idea, still kinda prefer his blaster. Anyway the wii u version should get sector z along with wolf. Seriously why does the wii u not have a great fox stage?!
Since it's a machine gun and not a... auto-recharge blaster thingy, I'd say it might work closer to Sheik's needle than something like... I dunno, Bowser's Fire Breath?

I still hold the belief that Claw Blaster is good enough. :/
They closed the poll early because of that (I posted it to the Captain Toad thread as well, but I don't think they're aware of that) and said that the next poll allows only registered users to vote (But I was still able to vote despite not being registered).

They saw Wolf's vote boosting, they hatin'.

But yeah, I don't think it's really this skewed since pretty much everyone can do that.
That was random.

Top Bottom