• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
...Super Scope?
Super Scope lacks homing capabilities but otherwise yes. It would function similar to the super scope. Probably wouldn't be as strong when fully charged since it'd have unlimited ammo, I'd dare to say it wouldn't even be able to ko.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Kinda wish the last update had something to look forward to. A character reveal, stages, new game mode just anything to talk about :/

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
You're not the only one. It's annoying when there's nothing to look forward to.
Agreed, nintendo was like "Alrighty, here's some 64 stages, heartbreaking mii costumes, a tourney mode with arbitrary restrictions and youtube replays with a 3 min time restriction! See ya... whenever!" I kinda understand tho, with Iwata' s death Nintendo's probably in an chaotic state. I really hope they dont wait all the way till october, that would definitely kill the hype. Just one chatacter in september will suffice till then.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I still don't think wolf should be changed at all except for having no freefall after Wolf Flash although I think his animations should be completely redone. As much as I love him, he looks janky as **** in Brawl

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I still don't think wolf should be changed at all except for having no freefall after Wolf Flash although I think his animations should be completely redone. As much as I love him, he looks janky as **** in Brawl
I wouldn't worry too much about his moves. The only thing i see changing are his throws. I'm more worried about his voice, as much as i love star fox 64, wolf's british voice doesn't really fit anymore. I'm sure his design would look great anyway, but I'm concerned about the voice most of all.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Wolf was a unique character in Brawl with no reason to be cut.
If the reason for Wolf to be cut was the lack of development time/resources needed to implement him, then that's one hell of a legitimate reason.

Sakurai added Wolf back in Brawl because he knew Wolf was a popular character and they had enough resources to fully implement him. Character popularity is a big factor, but development isn't easy and should things not go as expected, sacrifices have to be made in order to maintain the integrity of a project. That's all there is to it.

I want Wolf back and he was my one and only choice for the ballot, but I know that there's always a possibility that he may not return. It's just how life is.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
All I really want is acting out of Side-Special, and a much larger ledge sweetspot. More crisp animations and a few buffs would be nice too.

As for the model, it was used by someone in a fake leak back before Lucas was revealed. I don't think he posted the image trying to fool us, as much as just showing support.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
What the hell is this 'Smash 3'? The Smash 3 in my world is the third one made by Nintendo which happens to be Brawl but that's never referred to as 'Smash 3'. As for Wolf, his lack of inclusion is similar to that of Mewtwo back in Brawl. He was also completely unique and yet wasn't added to Brawl since he was out prioritized by every other character and everything else in the game. Wolf and at launch, Lucas, Roy and Mewtwo suffered the same fate in Sm4sh.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Sma
What the hell is this 'Smash 3'? The Smash 3 in my world is the third one made by Nintendo which happens to be Brawl but that's never referred to as 'Smash 3'. As for Wolf, his lack of inclusion is similar to that of Mewtwo back in Brawl. He was also completely unique and yet wasn't added to Brawl since he was out prioritized by every other character and everything else in the game. Wolf and at launch, Lucas, Roy and Mewtwo suffered the same fate in Sm4sh.
Smash 3 is a brawl mod. It has smash 4's colourful and cartoony art style as opposed to brawl's dark and realistic art style.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Nice try but it's fake. We've all seen it here before. Sorry.
Funny how while I do know this is fake I actually went to check for Smash news, hoping it to be real.

It's sad. :(

---

Just some thoughts that popped up my mind. If I recall correctly, Wolf's side B end with his freefall animation. So if his side B did have its freefall effect removed, how would it work? What changes will be done to either of the animations? Seems like a stupid question, but eh.

(Also up B ends with a bair)

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Funny how while I do know this is fake I actually went to check for Smash news, hoping it to be real.

It's sad. :(

---

Just some thoughts that popped up my mind. If I recall correctly, Wolf's side B end with his freefall animation. So if his side B did have its freefall effect removed, how would it work? What changes will be done to either of the animations? Seems like a stupid question, but eh.

(Also up B ends with a bair)
I guess he just can act immediately out of it. Wolf flash, then end animation, then immediately start up you're next move. Best way i can describe it anyway.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
People wanting changes to bair, down b and our Final Smash...the last one makes sense but back in Brawl, bair was our life. We won't be able to pull off two in a single sh and maybe not even one but that's a damn good bair even if it is a kick much like Fox and Falco's. Sides, :4luigi::4mario::4falcon::4ganondorf::4marth::4feroy: all share aerials and only the middle ones are considered clones and even then, I've heard some people consider Ganon a semi clone. If we do get a bair change hopefully it's one like D3s where it's still useful. As for reflector, that move is partly why I'm waiting for Wolf before I play Smash without my cousin again. Because **** your usual FG :4dedede::4falco::4link::4lucario::4lucas::4mario::4megaman::4mewtwo::4ness::4pacman::4pikachu::4robinm::4samus::4villager::4wiifit: and :4zss:. Could even go as far as to add :4bowserjr::4darkpit::4fox::4greninja::4pit::4tlink: and :4yoshi: too.

And after posting all of that, I've now realized how ****ing spammy people can be on FG '-' especially dubs. A reflector and a usable projectile fixes that all, along with the added benefit of good air and ground speed, fast attacks and all of the other beautiful things Wolf has. Or, ya know, a platform. A platform could fix this issue too.
A little late on this, but I'll have you know that I don't spam projectiles at all when I'm :4falco:,:4link: and :4megaman:. Well I still use their projectiles but only on a certain basis, not for the whole match.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
^ Sakurai is thinking of Wolf O' Donnell obviously. It's only a matter of time before he's confirmed.

Oh me, ohhhh my that saxophone in this song rules!

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Any news on wolf in star fox zero? I know he's confirmed to be in it, but anything else regarding him or zero in general?

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Stiff baffled that there are 3 versions of that theme in the game yet Wolf isn't playable
It's only a matter of time. I'm looking forward to September/October's smash direct. If Wolf get's revealed is there a chance we may get Sector Z? Sakurai should just add all of the 64 stages.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
It's only a matter of time. I'm looking forward to September/October's smash direct. If Wolf get's revealed is there a chance we may get Sector Z? Sakurai should just add all of the 64 stages.
Well,Corneria is very similar,except we're not in Space,with a giant Z looking at the Fight

I think a new stage should be based off of the character's series

Like if we get Inklings,we could get a Splatoon Map,like Arowana Mall,or Moray Towers

So Wolf coming with a stage is likely(though maybe we should get a newer stage and not Sector Z,maybe Titania)

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Well,Corneria is very similar,except we're not in Space,with a giant Z looking at the Fight

Like if we get Inklings,we could get a Splatoon Map,like Arowana Mall,or Moray Towers

So Wolf coming with a stage is likely(though maybe we should get a newer stage and not Sector Z,maybe Titania)
Wolf is a veteran though, Mewtwo, Roy and Lucas didn't get stages either unlike Ryu who needed a stage to represent his series

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945

A proper Venom stage would be nice. The Melee Venom looked nothing like the planet. It didn't even have Venom's theme.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I still think the wii u should get some sort of great fox stage. I chose sector z cause i prefer it over corneria. It just seems calmer, you're just casually floating in space with the star fox theme gently playing in the background, and the arwings are less aggressive. Also is it me or does sector z look bigger than corneria ? Its been awhile since i played 64.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Sector Z is the largest stage in 64 so yes, it is much larger than Corneria.

Corneria's blast zones are also very small while Sector Z has very large blast zones.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
So the topic is Wolf coming with a stage? I know you all have heard this from me before, but I might as well say it again. I'm hoping we get a Star Fox DLC Bundle with Wolf and Krystal, and instead of a new stage, Lylat Cruise gets ported over to the 3DS version, and Corneria comes over to the Wii U. Or just bring Dector Z to both. I dunno. I just want a Star Fox pack :/

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
So the topic is Wolf coming with a stage? I know you all have heard this from me before, but I might as well say it again. I'm hoping we get a Star Fox DLC Bundle with Wolf and Krystal, and instead of a new stage, Lylat Cruise gets ported over to the 3DS version, and Corneria comes over to the Wii U. Or just bring Dector Z to both. I dunno. I just want a Star Fox pack :/
I don't really care for a new Star Fox stage and none of the DLC veterans have gotten one yet.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I'll be happy with sector z or corneria, those two stages are my favorites and it's killing me that neither of them are on the wii u.

What about mii costumes?
*shot*

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I was on mobile with a wet phone. But hey, screw it, let's roll with it. Dector Z for DLC.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
A wet phone? Did you drop your phone in the toilet or something lol?
I was bathing my dog, who loves steamy showers. Moist would've been a better term to use, I guess. I just didn't want people taking things out of context. So, no, I didn't drop my phone in the toilet, haha. Although that has happened in the past. Twice.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I was bathing my dog, who loves steamy showers. Moist would've been a better term to use, I guess. I just didn't want people taking things out of context. So, no, I didn't drop my phone in the toilet, haha. Although that has happened in the past. Twice.
Ah, moist. The most awkward word. Moist. MOIST. Even the spelling is weird.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I'd be okay with any Star Fox stage.

Sector Z, Venom, Corneria, Dector Z, I'll take any or all of them.

Another Star Fox stage also means more Star Fox music which is a plus in my book.

Next thing you know, one of the songs included will be another version of Star Wolf's theme.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
I'd be okay with any Star Fox stage.

Sector Z, Venom, Corneria, Dector Z, I'll take any or all of them.

Another Star Fox stage also means more Star Fox music which is a plus in my book.

Next thing you know, one of the songs included will be another version of Star Wolf's theme.
Another version? :S

Wouldn't really be surprised if there's a new stage for Star Fox Zero and uses new music in the game tho.

But after all, either that happens or not, as long as we get Wolf and Dector Z, I'm content.

Last edited:
Top Bottom