• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Esknier

Smash Cadet
There was an image of Tingle being in game, too. I think that they're probably just unlockables, or something. Plus, adding Tingle and Slippy over the likes of Minda/Impa and Wolf/Krystal would cause serious backlash from the community. It's like picturing Jigglypuff as DLC if she was never in Smash Brothers.

On a side note, today at work I decided to bring Star Fox: Assault over, along with a few other games, and play a mission or two. Beat the whole game, one sitting, no teammates down, on silver. Holy ****, I love that game so much. Great voice acting, fun and new gameplay, great/appealing graphics, and an actual story. Off topic, but, damn, I want Star Fox Assault 2 so bad
I actually think Sakurai once said Tingle will never be playable in Super Smash Bros. specifically because of the West's disposition to him in general. Poor Tingle, entire nations hate you (well just ours anyway). Isn't the next Star Fox going to be kinda like Assault? Correct me if I'm wrong on that, hope it is.

He's good at just that, being outclassed by everyone in the Star Fox franchise.
Is he bad enough to be detrimental to his team?
Edit: Or in other words, would putting a blaster shot through his skull solve any problems for anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I actually think Sakurai once said Tingle will never be playable in Super Smash Bros. specifically because of the West's disposition to him in general. Poor Tingle, entire nations hate you (well just ours anyway). Isn't the next Star Fox going to be kinda like Assault? Correct me if I'm wrong on that, hope it is.
Why do people hate Tingle? Tingle did nothing wrong to you (not you specifically), now Tingle has a small chance to ever get in Smash.

Esknier

Smash Cadet
Why do people hate Tingle? Tingle did nothing wrong to you (not you specifically), now Tingle has a small chance to ever get in Smash.
It has something to do with cultural values I think. Not to bash on dear Tingle, but he doesn't come off as the most "manly", "sophisticated", "strong", "talented", "charming", "focused", "competent", or even most "straightforward" man that Nintendo has to offer. He's honestly a bit creepy to most, including myself when I was younger. I don't hate him now, but he is still a little um ...odd.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Is he bad enough to be detrimental to his team?
Well, he's worse than Fox, Falco, Peppy, and Krystal. He's probably worse than ROB 64. At least he makes stuff.
It has something to do with cultural values I think. Not to bash on dear Tingle, but he doesn't come off as the most "manly" or even "straightforward" man that Nintendo has to offer. He's honestly a bit creepy to most, including myself when I was younger. I don't hate him now, but he is still a little um ...odd.
But Tingle is da best. Stupid discriminating America.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I always thought that Slippy built, or at least contributed to the manufacturing of, most of the teams gear. He's the mechanic for the Arwings, Blue Marine, Gyrowing, and the Landmaster, so he didn't 'build' those. As for the weapons, I think they existed, and Slippy simply modified them.

Esknier

Smash Cadet
I always thought that Slippy built, or at least contributed to the manufacturing of, most of the teams gear. He's the mechanic for the Arwings, Blue Marine, Gyrowing, and the Landmaster, so he didn't 'build' those. As for the weapons, I think they existed, and Slippy simply modified them.
Maybe he isn't so useless then. I should probably respect him a little more then. But onto the real question of the night......if he really was announced for smash, and you (meaning anyone who feels like answering) had to design a moveset for him, what would you give him? I know almost nothing of him, so I can't really contribute.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Maybe he isn't so useless then. I should probably respect him a little more then. But onto the real question of the night......if he really was announced for smash, and you (meaning anyone who feels like answering) had to design a moveset for him, what would you give him? I know almost nothing of him, so I can't really contribute.
But I don't want him in Smash...

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Maybe he isn't so useless then. I should probably respect him a little more then. But onto the real question of the night......if he really was announced for smash, and you (meaning anyone who feels like answering) had to design a moveset for him, what would you give him?
Neutral B: Charge Blaster. Like in Star Fox Assault, only it'll automatically fire once it reaches full charge, like Water Shuriken.
Side-B: Grenade Toss. Like Snake from Brawl, only larger and with more power
Up-B: Booster Pack. Imagine Robo Burner, only you can attack out of it, and use Neutral B without ending it
Down-B: Reflector. Overused, but it really does fit him well. The only Star Fox fighter without it should be Krystal.

One of his taunts should be him looking at not just the screen, but the person playing it and asking "Why?" Like "Why the **** was I picked over Wolf and Krystal?"

Esknier

Smash Cadet
Neutral B: Charge Blaster. Like in Star Fox Assault, only it'll automatically fire once it reaches full charge, like Water Shuriken.
Up-B: Booster Pack. Imagine Robo Burner, only you can attack out of it, and use Neutral B without ending it
Down-B: Reflector. Overused, but it really does fit him well. The only Star Fox fighter without it should be Krystal.

One of his taunts should be him looking at not just the screen, but the person playing it and asking "Why?" Like "Why the **** was I picked over Wolf and Krystal?"
But they all have reflectors! Still it would fit him to the tee. For the charge blaster would you be able to run with it, store charges (like with Samus and Lucario), etc? (He should totally have that taunt though, not really sure what people think about it.)

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
For the charge blaster would you be able to run with it, store charges (like with Samus and Lucario), etc? )
Imagine Greninja's Neutral-B, on how it automatically fires once it reaches full charge. Not imaging Greninja being able walk around and jump whilst charging it, but it still auto-fires. That's how I'm kinda viewing it. It that doesn't really work out though, that just give him Fox's Custom 'Charge Blaster'.

Anyways, I'm heading off to the night. If the thread needs revival tomorrow, I'll think of another board of questions to post.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Does the Slippy costume cause immediate suckiness? If not, this game is not accurate.
Kirby can't float there, so meh.
Slippy Confirmed

Yes,I know these are unlockable

Yes,I know Slippy is not happening(tho there is a chance out there;Think of the Ridley supporters)
What do you mean Slippy is not happening...
And why are you even comparing him with Ridley, he's not even having any problem, nor is he deconfirmed or such

Smart bomb is made by him afaik.

He designed the Landmaster, Gyrowing, Bluemarine, according to wiki. Also one quote on Slippy
"How's the Blue-Marine Fox?"
Proves Slippy at least contributed to it and such.

He also designed the Reflector, according to Snakes codec on Falco.

If there were one who "modified existent weapon", it would be Wolf (Landmaster 改)
At least he isn't that kind of personality to use a Fire/Illusion move. I can't give a full detail, but he would be the type relying fully on gear.
But I don't want him in Smash...
"Why the **** was I picked over Wolf and Krystal?"
Insert I am the only one here who want Slippy statement here

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Geez, I come back here to basically nothing but Slippy hate. Slippy is probably the most underrated SF character (except maybe Bill) of all time. He arguably contributes more to the team than anyone else. No gear? No blowing enemies out of the sky. I'll take him in Smash any day, just not over Wolf, like if he was revealed with him. Though 90% of you want Krystal for that.... Let's not go there.

The lesson: always respect the engineer.

Has anybody hear ever heard of this guy who's working on a Star Fox animated series on youtube. It's been in development for awhile, and from this one video, the potiental exceution looks pretty great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24nOH9vfzt4
Yup, I've been following it for months and it honestly looks great! I cant wait to see it further develop.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Geez, I come back here to basically nothing but Slippy hate. Slippy is probably the most underrated SF character (except maybe Bill) of all time. He arguably contributes more to the team than anyone else. No gear? No blowing enemies out of the sky. I'll take him in Smash any day, just not over Wolf, like if he was revealed with him. Though 90% of you want Krystal for that.... Let's not go there.

Yup, I've been following it for months and it honestly looks great! I cant wait to see it further develop.
Well, this is the internet. When you dislike some popular choice, millions will come and counter you. Yet everyone is free to stump on some unpopular choices are gets a free pass.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869

Slippy seems more like one to stay out of the fray, instead using his engineering skills to make sure Fox and Falco can stay in the fray. I think Slippy's alright as a character, but as a fighter, I'm not so sure about.

Now that I think about it, who maintains Wolf's equipment?

Well, this is the internet. When you dislike some popular choice, millions will come and counter you. Yet everyone is free to stump on some unpopular choices are gets a free pass.
Yep. People can be jerks half of the time.

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
So yeah, Slippy is an unlockable in Super Mario Maker. This game, if Wolf is another unlockable costume or not, or simply not appearing, will tell us the future...

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432

Good idea but all his specials should have Slippy getting hit by recoil. He's pretty much the Pichu of Starfox so why not? :troll:

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Wolf O Donnell.

The guy needs to make a comeback. I loved his entire moveset especially when I used Wolf Flash correctly.

Oh and gotta love his ^ Taunt. HOOOOOWL!

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
So he designed the gear, and then get injured by them. What logic is this...

And if so by this point Fox and Falco should have recoil damage as well, since their gear are also designed by Slippy.
Sure he designed the gear but who says he can't be clumsy with it? Its possible that he's not as trained for on-foot combat like Fox and Falco. Slippy seems like a skilled mechanic and engineer but a clumsy fighter.

Last edited:

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Now that I think about it, who maintains Wolf's equipment?
I've wondered this too, actually. To be honest, I have no idea. Maybe he hires engineers to do it for him. It's also possible Andross supplies him with engineers too. Or maybe he reels in students with an impressive internship and basically forces them to work for him in dangerous situation (sorry I can have a vivid imagination when the right time comes xD)

Logo12

Smash Lord
Sure he designed the gear but who says he can't be clumsy with it? Its possible that he's not as trained for on-foot combat like Fox and Falco. Slippy seems like a skilled mechanic and engineer but a clumsy fighter.
"who say he can't"
"possible"
"seems"

Yeah, Krystal can be a clone of Fox-with-beamsword, too. Possibilities.

But if he is the one who designed the gear, he should know what to do with it, and even if it is really hard for him to use, he can easily modify it to his favor.

I've wondered this too, actually. To be honest, I have no idea. Maybe he hires engineers to do it for him. It's also possible Andross supplies him with engineers too. Or maybe he reels in students with an impressive internship and basically forces them to work for him in dangerous situation (sorry I can have a vivid imagination when the right time comes xD)
Wolfen manufactured by Macbeth Weapons Factory according to Wiki, but for other stuff it's presumably modified by himself. (Landmaster, for instance)

But Wolf don't really get too much gear anyway. Wolfen, Wolfen Landmaster, Claw Blaster, Reflector, and that's it.

When will Wolf get a vehicle that actually rival's Star Fox's ones without being a direct clone of the said thing? :/

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
He'd be like a Dan Hibiki-fied version of Snake. Reflector included.

It's ironic that the only mechanic on the team and guy that brings up the boss health is still being considered useless. At least Snake appreciates his work.

Hating Slippy is practically a meme. There are other characters in SF with character traits and personalities that are arguably more unlikable than the wimpy comic relief character. Slippy's personality also isn't something that should bring down his chances as a newcomer because we already have characters that have shown cowardice in Smash for years.:4luigi::4lucas:

The lesson: always respect the engineer..
Pretty much this.

Last edited:

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
My Wolf and Super Mario Maker thoughts:
- If Wolf doesn't appear in Super Mario Maker, his future will be unclear in both Smash and popularity terms.
- If Wolf is actually an unlockable costume via amiibo, then he will definately have an amiibo, and possibly joining Smash.
- If Wolf is an unlockable via mistery costume, then we know he won't have amiibo, and his Smash chances will be lowered a little more.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
It's ironic that the only mechanic on the team and guy that brings up the boss health is still being considered useless. At least Snake appreciates his work.
Honestly, I cri evrytiem. But Good Guy Snake appreciates him. I wanna see Slippy's weapon for Snake now.

Hating Slippy is practically a meme. There are other characters in SF with character traits and personalities that are arguably more unlikable than the wimpy comic relief character. Slippy's personality also isn't something that should bring down his chances as a newcomer because we already have characters that have shown cowardice in Smash for years.:4luigi::4lucas:
Oikonny. Pigma. Krystal (pls don't hate). Nuff said.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Honestly, I cri evrytiem. But Good Guy Snake appreciates him. I wanna see Slippy's weapon for Snake now.

Oikonny. Pigma. Krystal (pls don't hate). Nuff said.
I would also throw Falco on that list for his douchey personality, but he makes up for it for being...Falco?

Meister Zeigler

Smash Apprentice
We already have Fox with a Wolf skin and Falco, don't really need anymore clones like the Fire Emblem guys have.

Top Bottom