• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Why do I always come out ignored when it comes to Slippy...

Speaking of unpopular opinion, I can't be the only one who prefer Slippy over Krystal and Dixie over K Rool right... ;-;
Of course you're not the only one. I actually prefer that toad pilot over a vixen and an oversized croc.
Good to know there are people out there that have the same opinion as me considering most people don't feel that way :p.
Though I wonder if they would give a franchise 2 DLC reps if they were severely underrepresented like DK and Star Fox. I mean, FE can easily get away with 5 reps, but that's probably because FE is insanely poular in Japan, as most RPG's are.

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
200 pages.

Also has anyone else looked at the old Brawl character discussion board?
It's full of Wolf hate.

Aqua Admin Shelly

Smash Apprentice
Wolf was only ever hated because idiots thought/think that he's a clone. People warmed to him quickly when they saw that he played much differently than Fox and Falco.

OranGiraffe

Smash Cadet
NNID
OranGiraffe
I'm not gonna tell anyone what to or what to not draw, but can we keep this place more about Wolf and less about Wolf x Fox? I'm really not into the furry part of this whole thing, but maybe I'm a minority. I'd be the same way about posting raunchy things about any character when I simply want to read about ideas and news on them entering Sm4sh.

Anywho, I personally think Wolf would get the Lucas/Roy treatment (preferably the Roy treatment, since he's slightly better) and I think he'll feel very fluid. They have to do well with DLC characters. If Samus was a DLC character, I doubt she'd feel so wonky to play.
I also doubt they'll change any specials. Maybe attacks, like aerials, but only slightly.
Also if they nerf his taunt like they did with Sonic's (you're too slow) and Jigglypuff's (wink removed), then I will be so darn sad. As long as he still says "What's the matter, scared?" and has the howl, I'll be fine. The snarl was cool and all but it didn't even sound like it was coming from him, it was just a weird rumble in my opinion. They could make it sound cooler I think.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Wolf was only ever hated because idiots thought/think that he's a clone. People warmed to him quickly when they saw that he played much differently than Fox and Falco.
People seem to have this bad habit of directing all their hate towards clones for some reason or another. A clone isn't necessarily a bad thing in and of itself. Now if a character happens to be a clone when you know for a fact that they normally wouldn't work like the base character(related or not)from which they were cloned(I'm looking at you, :4ganondorf:), I can understand being upset about that because that really makes no sense.

Of course, all of us here know that none of this clone nonsense applies to Wolf, and anyone who actually bothered to give him a try before starting in on him.

Come to think of it, I never really hated any clone in Smash history, going as far as using some of them over the originals.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Last edited:

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
I was honestly very surprised that Wolf was cut. The fact that he isn't a clone made me think that his chances were pretty solid. I didn't play as Wolf too often, but from the time I started playing as him, I could tell that he wasn't just a clone. I never understood the clone misconceptions. I feel like people who say he's a clone never played as him and just assumed that his move set must be identical to Fox and Falco. If Wolf was a clone, I could understand why he might have been cut, but it's even a stretch to consider him a semi-clone.

For that reason, I am a Wolf supporter. It's a shame to see any character get cut from Smash, especially unique characters like Wolf. I may not be the biggest Wolf fan, but I understand how it feels to loose a favorite character. So I wish the best for you guys!

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Page 200 hype!:wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf:
While this is happy and all, I would really want to point out, our number of posts are largely behind others. We, as a veteran character support thread, we're already beaten by supports that has lower popularity like Krystal.

It doesn't really feel good when K Rool thread is celebrating their 1000page milestone, Krystal thread is proud of getting more than 10000 posts (251+ pages), and we, the supposedly very popular thread whose character is constantly top-rated in chance and in want in Japan, or at least high enough to be the top in this site's RTC chance and want, are just touching the 200th page.

But hey, we're improving. I remember when I first joined 2-3 months ago, there were like 95 pages only.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Though I wonder if they would give a franchise 2 DLC reps if they were severely underrepresented like DK and Star Fox.
I hope so, and it would made sense to as well. I'm predicting ten total DLC fighters because ten fighters evens up the roster on both versions (You'll have to tweak the 3DS one a bit, but still). We already have four fighters in DLC Fighter Bundle #1, so we can easily predict another set of four in DLC Fighter Bundle #2. That leaves two slots left, so why not have Wolf and Krystal together in a Star Fox DLC Bundle? We get a veteran, Wolf, a newcomer, Krystal, and a new stage. Hell, they could even just have Lylat Cruise ported to the 3DS, send Corneria to the Wii U, and call it a day. No need for a new stage.

You know, once. Just once, would I like to be able to search character support forums without having to wonder "Hmm... I wonder what **** I'm going to have thrown in my face today?" There is a time and place in this world for everything, so keep it to yourself and stop throwing it here.

Logo12

Smash Lord
You know guys, 100 pages earlier we celebrated with endless Wolf memes. What do we do this time?

Though I wonder if they would give a franchise 2 DLC reps if they were severely underrepresented like DK and Star Fox. I mean, FE can easily get away with 5 reps, but that's probably because FE is insanely poular in Japan, as most RPG's are.
I don't think it's too likely tho.

I've been bored and started making charts from the RTC thread. The first one was the DLC character picker updated since Wolf's Rerate (will update later for K Rool's Rerate), and I did some minor calculation on things like 2 DLC reps, Top 3 wanted newcomer not making it in and stuff.

(Most likely scenario for franchises)

Not exactly reliable data, but... yeah.

I still don't think there would be a franchise bundle unless Sakurai wants to warrant a "XXX FRANCHISE BIAS!" in his face again. Tho the Krystal thread is all like "ogm wolf iz likely that workz in our favor", or basically, relying on Wolf's inclusion.
It's not impossible, just... very unlikely.

-

Also, I don't think FE got away with 5 reps tho... I still see many people complaining because FE has too many reps and such.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Alright 200 page I wonder how long to get to 300 probably 8 months.
We took ~2-3 months to reach from 100 to 200 as I've said earlier so we could do it way sooner than that. I dunno xD there had been drama that covers 2-page by 2-page, then we slowly built up our way to 200 all of a sudden.

Hope we see wolf in the next direct :p.
~The quote, said by everyone since April 1st 2015​

I'm commenting to commemorate the 200th page!
:wolf: Wolf fans reunite!
You mean we aren't united already? :/

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Hahaha xD 1 person posts a picture of Wolf x Fox and a bunch of people flip out. I don't ship them (heck, I don't ship Wolf with anyone) and I'm not a fan of yaoi, sexual or not but I don't care for the shipping of the two. At the very least, Wolf x Fox is more on topic than...wrestling or whatever was being discussed that wasn't Wolf, though it is a social of sorts so the 'on topic' bit is usually loose.

Oh right, 200 pages. Woot!

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Alright... Snake and Wolf are about equal in popularity... Solid Snake is about at 200 pages! :ness:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
It's great to see this thread hit 200 pages.

Hopefully, :4wolf: will become a reality within the next 100 pages.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
200 pages! Woo! I hope the next pages become the official Wolf social thread.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Hahaha xD 1 person posts a picture of Wolf x Fox and a bunch of people flip out. I don't ship them (heck, I don't ship Wolf with anyone) and I'm not a fan of yaoi, sexual or not but I don't care for the shipping of the two. At the very least, Wolf x Fox is more on topic than...wrestling or whatever was being discussed that wasn't Wolf, though it is a social of sorts so the 'on topic' bit is usually loose.

Oh right, 200 pages. Woot!
Not really my kind of thing either, but you know, whatever. I think that was pretty tame, honestly, like something you might see in the :4robinm: social every now and then.

Anyway, 200 pages. .....Sooooo, what do we talk about now?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Did I miss page 200 celebration?
:wolf:

Edit: Oh, hey! I'm post number 8000! Cool!

Last edited:
Top Bottom