• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Guys this might be a little off topic but I'm feeling down and hurt right now because I just received news that a good friend of mine just died from a gunshot to the chest he's gone too soon and I saw him last Friday and that is what's most painful right now.
I'm sorry for your loss.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Oh no, by all means. Play Mewtwo on Melee, get random Goomba from boxes. Play Adventure mode, 1st level full of them.
Uuhhhh. I don't know about you, but that came off as rather rude to me. Just saying.

EDIT: I know about Adventure Mode in Melee and know that I can stomp on Goombas as many times as I want but Melee's Adventure Mode doesn't match up to the authentic, classic platforming feel that I get from playing Super Mario Bros. Yes, SSE from Brawl had a level full of barrel cannons but it didn't feel like DKC at all.

What I'm trying to say here is that I like the thought of one of my SSB4 mains hitting blocks, jumping over big gaps, and stomping on enemies in the classic Super Mario Bros. style. Smash Bros. can't replicate that. Mario Maker can and it seems to be doing a great job with it so far. Even if the Pokemon Amiibo don't exactly work with Mario Maker, I'll still get the game and possibly love it even without a Mewtwo costume. Sorry if what I was saying didn't make any sense.

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
If a suggestion is rude then I fear for what a actual insult would do to you.
I was just saying that it came off as rude. I know that it most likely wasn't but it's hard to interpret things on the internet sometimes so that's why I said what I said. I'm not going to say much else because I want to avoid getting into a fight here.

Last edited:

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
I was just saying that it came off as rude. I know that it most likely wasn't but it's hard to interpret things on the internet sometimes so that's why I said what I said. I'm not going to say much else because I want to avoid getting into a fight here.
There was nothing rude about that comment at all. It was pretty mundane to me.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
There was nothing rude about that comment at all. It was pretty mundane to me.
I guess people read things differently from one another. Anyways, can we just drop this? I don't see it going anywhere from here. Sorry about being hyper sensitive too.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
To clear up some misconceptions, Mario Maker does have support for the Pokemon amiibo so you can play as 8-bit:4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4mewtwo::4greninja::4jigglypuff:if you wish.

It's games like Mario Kart 8 and Yoshi's Woolly World where Pokemon amiibo don't unlock anything like they do in Mario Maker.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
To clear up some misconceptions, Mario Maker does have support for the Pokemon amiibo so you can play as 8-bit:4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4mewtwo::4greninja::4jigglypuff:if you wish.

It's games like Mario Kart 8 and Yoshi's Woolly World where Pokemon amiibo don't unlock anything like they do in Mario Maker.
lol. If you wish. More like if you can get the ****ing amiibo.

mark welford

Smash Ace
It has been cleared up the guy who shot him turned himself in and he said that they were playing around and he did it on accident he felt guilty today would of been his birthday R.I.P. and I want to thank you guys for being understanding and supportive in my time of pain and sorrow.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Now we need to play as Wolf in World 1-1.
I imagine if the Arwing amiibo is a thing and it's supported in this game tho... xD
It has been cleared up the guy who shot him turned himself in and he said that they were playing around and he did it on accident he felt guilty today would of been his birthday R.I.P. and I want to thank you guys for being understanding and supportive in my time of pain and sorrow.
Playing around... With guns...
Also I can only give my support by keeping silence. I'm way too insensitive to say anything in regards to that :/

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
Oh.That's...tragic.
I'm sorry to hear about this.Seeing the thread this way today shows we're more than just strangers talking about our DLC wishes-we're practically there for each other.
Keep it up,guys.
Condolences to you and those close to your friend,mark welford.

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
Uuhhhh. I don't know about you, but that came off as rather rude to me. Just saying.

EDIT: I know about Adventure Mode in Melee and know that I can stomp on Goombas as many times as I want but Melee's Adventure Mode doesn't match up to the authentic, classic platforming feel that I get from playing Super Mario Bros. Yes, SSE from Brawl had a level full of barrel cannons but it didn't feel like DKC at all.

What I'm trying to say here is that I like the thought of one of my SSB4 mains hitting blocks, jumping over big gaps, and stomping on enemies in the classic Super Mario Bros. style. Smash Bros. can't replicate that. Mario Maker can and it seems to be doing a great job with it so far. Even if the Pokemon Amiibo don't exactly work with Mario Maker, I'll still get the game and possibly love it even without a Mewtwo costume. Sorry if what I was saying didn't make any sense.
I'm sorry if you readed it as a rude comment, but you have to know I don't understand English pretty well. It wasn't a rude comment after all, but yeah! You can break blocks, stomp over Goomba and Koopa, and even bypass long gaps with Mewtwo in SSB Melee's Adventure Mode. :D

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I wish Wolf was in Smash 4. I am not exactly a Star Fox fan, but I enjoy Wolf's design, voice and moveset/play style very much. Shame he got cut, but at least we have 50 Fire Emblem characters in the roster, so I guess it is even!! He will definitely be a DLC down the road, but still.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I'm sorry if you readed it as a rude comment, but you have to know I don't understand English pretty well. It wasn't a rude comment after all,
Alright. I'm glad we got that whole thing cleared up. I have to apologize myself that I read your comment wrong. I guess I could spend some time in Melee Adventure mode until I get Mario Maker. :b:

OranGiraffe

Smash Cadet
NNID
OranGiraffe
I wish Wolf was in Smash 4. I am not exactly a Star Fox fan, but I enjoy Wolf's design, voice and moveset/play style very much. Shame he got cut, but at least we have 50 Fire Emblem characters in the roster, so I guess it is even!! He will definitely be a DLC down the road, but still.
This isn't a Fire Emblem thread, but I'm honestly fine with the reps we have for FE. It's only 4 really excluding the copy paste clone. I do wish we had more of other franchises but that's just my stance on it.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Well, for those who have Facebook, the official Smash Brothers page made a post asking us who all we've voted for. That's at least something. Here's the link, it should be the first post: https://www.facebook.com/SmashBrosEN?fref=ts

As for other topics, well:
  1. What do you all think Wolf's pose will be like in his official artwork? Like Brawl, like SSB3's, etc?
  2. You think they'll just port over Wolf's model and textures from Brawl or do you think we'll get a redesign based off Zero?
  3. Where do you think Wolf will end up being on the tier lists? Mid-Tier like Brawl or higher/lower due to in-game changes?
  4. I've seen this on another thread, but who on the roster would you be willing to sacrifice to get Wolf back?
  5. Worst part about playing Wolf in Brawl that you hope gets fixed in SSB4?
  6. Would you main Wolf or make him a secondary, tertiary, quaternary, etc?
  7. Do you like Wolf as a character in gaming, or just like him as a viable fighter in Smash Bros?
  8. Fighters in SSB4 that you have trouble fighting against in general?
  9. Do any of you have a local Smash scene that you go to/would like to go to?
  10. Anyone here have a Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, or Facebook? Might as well support each other like we do Wolf.
  11. What do you all do out in the real world? Jobs, school, military, underground mafia, etc?
  12. Favorite color?
My answers for the questions above:
  1. I tend to see him in mid-air with claws ready to go. It's different form Fox and Falco's dashing, so it's a nice contrast.
  2. I think they'll just do the same with Wolf as they did for Fox and Falco: Port the model and textures, and make them better.
  3. B+ Tier. Under Fox's placement, but above Falco's. Don't you dare think about that in a dirty way.
  4. :4darkpit::4drmario::4lucina::4ryu::4feroy: - In order from first to last. No clones, no multiple same-3rd-Party reps, and less Fire Emblem. Perfect.
  5. His jank-ass recovery screwed me over more times than I can count. I hope he gets a much better ledge sweet-spot.
  6. Insta-main. Sit down, Fox.
  7. Wolf's one of my favorite characters in general. I like to main characters from series that I like, rather than "Because they're top-tier"
  8. :4shulk::4sonic::4olimar::4tlink::rosalina: - In order from most difficult to least. **** the Monado-Demon.
  9. I have one scene across my town. Unfortunately, I refuse to attend because it takes place in a Vapor Shop/Hooka Bar :/
  10. My links are in my signature. Check out my content :D
  11. Forced to graduate high-school early because I was framed for assault, so I'm done with school. As for work, YouTube and the Marine Corps are in my future.
  12. Black.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Well, for those who have Facebook, the official Smash Brothers page made a post asking us who all we've voted for. That's at least something. Here's the link, it should be the first post: https://www.facebook.com/SmashBrosEN?fref=ts

1. What do you all think Wolf's pose will be like in his official artwork? Like Brawl, like SSB3's, etc?
  2. You think they'll just port over Wolf's model and textures from Brawl or do you think we'll get a redesign based off Zero?
  3. Where do you think Wolf will end up being on the tier lists? Mid-Tier like Brawl or higher/lower due to in-game changes?
  4. I've seen this on another thread, but who on the roster would you be willing to sacrifice to get Wolf back?
  7. Do you like Wolf as a character in gaming, or just like him as a viable fighter in Smash Bros?
  10. Anyone here have a Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, or Facebook? Might as well support each other like we do Wolf.
  11. What do you all do out in the real world? Jobs, school, military, underground mafia, etc?
  12. Favorite color?
  1. I tend to see him in mid-air with claws ready to go. It's different form Fox and Falco's dashing, so it's a nice contrast.
  2. I think they'll just do the same with Wolf as they did for Fox and Falco: Port the model and textures, and make them better.
  3. B+ Tier. Under Fox's placement, but above Falco's. Don't you dare think about that in a dirty way.
  4. :4darkpit::4drmario::4lucina::4ryu::4feroy: - In order from first to last. No clones, no multiple same-3rd-Party reps, and less Fire Emblem. Perfect.
  5. His jank-*** recovery screwed me over more times than I can count. I hope he gets a much better ledge sweet-spot.
  7. Wolf's one of my favorite characters in general. I like to main characters from series that I like, rather than "Because they're top-tier"
  8. :4shulk::4sonic::4olimar::4tlink::rosalina: - In order from most difficult to least. **** the Monado-Demon.
  9. I have one scene across my town. Unfortunately, I refuse to attend because it takes place in a Vapor Shop/Hooka Bar :/
  11. Forced to graduate high-school early because I was framed for assault, so I'm done with school. As for work, YouTube and the Marine Corps are in my future.
  12. Black.
1. The howl pose would be pretty cool.
2. Port but it would look better.
4. Dr. ****ing Mario. Hate that guy.
6. I like playing Falco (I ****ing hate Fox's up air, I can never hit it), so I'll play him a decent amount, not a main though.
7. Never played a Star Fox game ever so I can't really say, Falco is like one of my favorite video game characters so that logic's messed up.
11. Going to high school (ugh school), and I'm totally a part of the Korean street gang (not really).
12. Blue.

Last edited:

12. Favorite color?
1. Howling pose (hopefully)
2. Port
3. No idea
4. I would sacrifice Wii Fit Trainer, Sheik, clones and Mii Fighters for Wolf and my two other most wanted chars.
5. Haven't played Brawl for ages and didn't play Wolf much, so no idea
6. While I like Wolf, I doubt I would main or even secondary him
7. Never played Star Fox, so I guess as viable fighter in Smash Bros.
8. Sheik, Pikachu, Sonic, Shulk (I play mostly against CPUs)
9. No, I don't have.
10. Only Youtube, and I only use it to check the channels I've subscribed.
11. School (or "occupation school" is a direct translation from my language. Don't know what it's actually called in English)
12. Tie between black and blue.

Last edited:

jamesster445

Smash Lord
1. Something similar to Fox and Falco's pose just looking forward.
2. Port his model just upgrade to fit with Fox's design.
3. Mid tier but DLC chats do tend to start off relatively powerful.
4. :4darkpit:
5. His side B was the most situational move and rarely did I use it. Hope it gets buffed or replaced.
6. Depends on if I like playing him more than my current main :4robinm:
7. I've come to know and like Wolf through Smash primarily not a huge Star Fox fan to be honest.
8. :4villager: (that stupid slingshot)
9. Not where I live and I wouldn't pay a toll or drive 3 hours just to go to the close seat one.
10. I don't have a personal Twitter but I do have pages for characters I'm trying to support.
11. Currently a college student in Computer Science hoping to start a career soon.
12. Red

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
This isn't a Fire Emblem thread, but I'm honestly fine with the reps we have for FE. It's only 4 really excluding the copy paste clone. I do wish we had more of other franchises but that's just my stance on it.
I'll tell you this.
What it looks like::4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4feroy:
What others see in terms of viability::4feroy::4myfriends::4robinm:
It's pretty accurate.Marth isn't good anymore(I don't think),and Lucina isn't much better,so people say Roy,Ike,& Robin are the only viable FE characters--and some,the only ones on the roster anymore.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

12. Favorite color?
  5. His jank-*** recovery screwed me over more times than I can count. I hope he gets a much better ledge sweet-spot.
  12. Black.
My answers to those question are:

1. Something that will make me say "wow, he looks awesome". That's all I can say.
2. Seeing that Fox and Falco still has the same Brawl design, I'm willing to bet they'll do the same for Wolf.
3. Tiers are for *******.
4. I'm willing to sacrifice :4bowserjr:, :4jigglypuff:, :4palutena:, :4peach:, and :4sonic: to get him back.
5. The free fall effect after using Wolf Flash.
6. I'd most certainly will main him, though that would require me to drop all my current mains except for :rosalina: and :4megaman: just to do so. Having no more than five mains is good enough for me.
7. I like him both as a character and in Smash generally.
8. Well I wouldn't say I don't have any problems with any of them. I just suck at Smash. xD
9. I don't think we even have a Smash scene in the Greenville-Spartanburg area or anywhere in Upstate South Carolina.
10. I do have all of those except Twitch, but I haven't been using them in years. Well, I started using YouTube again mainly because of the upload feature in the game.
11. I work at Adidas Distribution Center where I drive a forklift and a pallet truck to run pallets around the warehouse. I might consider taking classes to learn how to drive a reach truck and an order picker when I renew my license.
12. Blue.

Last edited:

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
  1. Something cool.
  2. We could get a mix.
  3. Lower high or higher mid again.
  4. :4feroy::rosalina:
  5. Can't do anything out of side b.
  6. Main
  7. He's my favourite Nintendo antagonist.
  8. :rosalina: and surprisingly :4zelda:
  9. Sadly, no.
  10. I occasionally post some trrash on my Twitter and YouTube accounts.
  11. ...
  12. Black.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

12. Favorite color?
1. Maybe something like his idle pose, feral like.
2. Most likely a port from Brawl.
3. High tier.
4.:4darkpit: (My least favorite character in smash bros)
5. His bad recovery, I've lost so many matches because of that.
6. Definitely one of my mains.
7. Yes I like him for both.
8.:rosalina::4yoshi::4luigi:(Though with Wolf I could probably take them down)

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
  12. Favorite color?
1. Something similar to Fox and Falco, facing forward possibly with a focus on his claws
2. Port but with a similar fur change Fox got.
3. I can see Wolf...being low unfortunately. His moves don't lend themselves to combos without changes and his fall speed and weight makes him combo fodder himself. His high air and ground speed should help but that's about it.
4. :4darkpit::4drmario::4duckhunt::4lucas::4lucina::4palutena::4shulk::4wiifit:
5. Already fixed but chaingrabs. :dedede: and :pikachu2:were the bane of Wolf.
6. Main, definitely. Abandoned Sm4sh for the most part until Wolf gets put in, that's how important he is to me.
7. Favourite Starfox character, villain or anti hero, whichever he happens to be, Smash character and video game character of all time so yeah, I like him in gaming and Smash.
8. :4luigi::4mario::4megaman::4ness::4sonic::4villager::4wario::4yoshi::4zss:(:4zelda:in dubs only) Thank you For Glory.
9. The closest 'local' scene to me is 5 hours away and I lack the ability to drive at the moment so no.
10. Got a Youtube with the link already in my signature. Not used for much at the moment but I've got future plans for it.
11. Currently working minimum wage with inconsistent hours but it's work and easy work without customers so I'm not complaining. Finished college earlier this year.
12. Purple although blue, black and red aren't far behind.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
I'll tell you this.
What it looks like::4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4feroy:
What others see in terms of viability::4feroy::4myfriends::4robinm:
It's pretty accurate.Marth isn't good anymore(I don't think),and Lucina isn't much better,so people say Roy,Ike,& Robin are the only viable FE characters--and some,the only ones on the roster anymore.
While Ike and Robin have been buffed, I'm not sure I'd put them on the same level as Roy.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

12. Favorite color?
  12. Black.
  1. I don't really care to be honest although whatever works best for a possible amiibo would be the biggest priority
  2. Port it over and update, I guarantee the Brawl design will be better than whatever 64 cashgrab they pull with Zero
  3. Pretty much the same as what you said, not awful, but not so good he'll get nerfed in future patches
  4. Pretty much anyone that isn't Zelda, Zero Suit Samus, Peach, Lucina or Lucas (My mains). They're the only characters on the roster to me anymore really, I can't play anyone else at all except for a mediocre Ike or maybe Mewtwo every once in a while
  5. Same, that janky as **** recovery really isn't fun
  6. Depends how he plays really, if he's like Brawl Wolf with an improved recovery then probably
  7. Yeah, he's probably my favourite Star Fox character
  8. :4falcon:, can you please just not be in this game? :rosalina:, You too, oh and you :4yoshi:
  9. Doubt it as I live in England where it's either COD and/or Fifa for most people *sigh*
  10. I have all of those except for Facebook (**** that ****)
  11. About to enter my last year of secondary school which is making me kinda want to murder someone
  12. Purple

Last edited:

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman

12. Favorite color?
  12. Black.
1. I noticed how Fox and Falco are both in a running pose. Fox is standing almost upright, Falco is leaning down a bit. I think they will put Wolf in this same running pose, except leaning down really far, almost on the ground. Considering how he was in Brawl, this would make sense for Wolf.
2. Everything ported except for maybe a slight model update.
3. Definitely lower than Fox. Probably a bit higher than Falco.
4. Would definitely sacrifice: :4lucina: :4drmario: :4darkpit: and miis. Very huge maybes. Would most likely keep these, but I would if I was forced to in order to get Wolf: :4falco: :4feroy::4ryu: :rosalina: Maybe a few others.
5. The slow speed of the blaster. Probably won't happen but it would be nice.
6. Main. :4tlink: and :4fox: would then become my secondaries.
7. More as a fighter in Smash Bros. Fun fact: I have never played any Star Fox games. So I don't really know his personality outside of Brawl and a couple voice clips from various games.
8. :4sonic: :4villager: :rosalina: :4olimar: :4ness: :4lucas: (in no order)
9. No.
10. Not anymore. I have an account that I post comments on Youtube. I used to have a channel where I posted stuff about dinosaurs (my biggest passion is paleontology; that includes dinosaur science), but nothing Smash related. I deleted my videos and now it is, like I said, just a channel I use to comment and subscribe to people with. Which reminds me I will probably go sub to you now. Otherwise I have no Twitter, Facebook, or Twitch.
11. I am still in school, not even college. And no I will not say which grade. I play mostly video games, spend time on the internet, and as I said before, study dinosaurs and prehistoric life.
12. Green.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Thankfully, with all of these questions being answered this won't be a double post and this wasn't mentioned in the questions but was talked about earlier (numerous times most likely since this is 200+ pages now) but in regards to Wolf's voice people are debating if we'll keep the Brawl/Assault voice or if we'll get the 64/643D voice like Fox and Falco got but what about the idea of a brand new voice? We know Wolf is in Zero but we don't know what he sounds like. I'm not sure if Fox has the same voice actor in that game as he does in other games but if Wolf gets a new voice actor we could get something completely different from 64 and Assault.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Thankfully, with all of these questions being answered this won't be a double post and this wasn't mentioned in the questions but was talked about earlier (numerous times most likely since this is 200+ pages now) but in regards to Wolf's voice people are debating if we'll keep the Brawl/Assault voice or if we'll get the 64/643D voice like Fox and Falco got but what about the idea of a brand new voice? We know Wolf is in Zero but we don't know what he sounds like. I'm not sure if Fox has the same voice actor in that game as he does in other games but if Wolf gets a new voice actor we could get something completely different from 64 and Assault.
Who knows? Maybe the voice actor form 643D could return but sound completely different, he was made to sound like that because of 64 but whose to say that can't change? This is a new universe after all.

EDIT: I just found out that in 643D Wolf shares a voice with a bunch of other characters including Peppy so he's almost guaranteed to come back, let's just hope what I said turns out to be right

Last edited:

OranGiraffe

Smash Cadet
NNID
OranGiraffe
Fox, Slippy (and I believe Falco) all have their 64 voices for SFZ, and Fox and Falco have their 64 voices in Smash 4 as well. Honestly, I greatly prefer Wolf's Assault voice, and I hope they just bring that guy back. I wouldn't hate a 64 voice for Wolf, but I really hope this isn't a definite pattern to be honest.

Last edited:
Top Bottom