• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Alright
Which one of you fought Hip (Who made their name "SCARED?" as a Wolf joke) and Hop on For Glory Doubles
I saw someone with the name "FREEWOLF" and I instantly pointed fingers at you guys
Who done it :4metaknight:
Well don't look at me. I don't do For Glory doubles nor I set anything other than "Tino" as my game tag.
In general, I don't play For Glory that much these days.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Lol, the people complaining about Ryu because he is "complicated".

He is not OP, not complicated, and very unique in these aspects. He perfectly warrants a spot in Smash Bros. The fighting game legend, he fits in so perfectly with Smash.

I see no reason why Ryu should NOT be in Smash.
I understand that. I do like Ryu as a game character, but I don't truly care about him, to the point that I would not be sad if I saw him go. That is all.

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
Alright
Which one of you fought Hip (Who made their name "SCARED?" as a Wolf joke) and Hop on For Glory Doubles
I saw someone with the name "FREEWOLF" and I instantly pointed fingers at you guys
Who done it :4metaknight:
Isn´t that "Shofu", a really big Smash Youtuber/ Streamer? I think he really wants Wolf back and thats why uses this Tag, could be someone else tho.

I sometimes use my "WolfDlcPls" Tag online, when I use black Fox. I feel no shame D:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Ryu's cool. He's not my favorite character (still fun to play though), but he definitely deserves a spot on the roster over some of the others...

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
Besides Eggman, Amy, Knuckles, Tails, Shadow, and Bayonetta(if she can even be called a SEGA character anymore), I can't think of any other deserving characters.
Shadow and Amy aren't deserving.
Although the former would be an excellent punching bag alongisde Roy.

Bayonetta can't be considered SEGA anymore.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Shadow and Amy aren't deserving.
Although the former would be an excellent punching bag alongisde Roy.

Bayonetta can't be considered SEGA anymore.
Amy could work though, she'd be that one character everyone hates, but ends up being good(Rosalina, Dark Pit). Shadow could use chaos control and other chaos related moves. Pretty much they all do deserve it(Shadow will probably stay an assist trophy but I won't mind). Bayonetta not being a SEGA character gives her more of a chance in being a Smash character in the future(helps with Platinum Games wanting to continue Bayonetta on Nintendo platforms and Starfox Zero).

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
That's the thing though; they need to stop putting in characters that people hate, and start putting in characters that people actually want.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Exactly. I'm surprised Ryu got in over the likes of Tails, Shadow or Dr. Eggman/Robotnik. I suppose his significance is greater since Street Fighter did wonders for the fighting genre while Sonic is the only Sega character to really have any significance and I don't even know what else Namco has. I know there's that Lloyd guy from one of the Tales games I've yet to play but I'm not sure what makes him more popular than say Jude, Milla or Asbel.
Lloyd is like Final Fantasy's Cloud. He's just the most recognizable Tales character.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That's the thing though; they need to stop putting in characters that people hate, and start putting in characters that people actually want.
You should know they're not that smart to do that.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
So my mom today found my old copy of Brawl. I have the fainest memories of Brawl, since I've played so much Smash 4. Maybe it was the controller I was using, but the game felt slow and the physics were wonky.

(Asides from that...)

I used Wolf for a bit in training mode and I can confirm he's not a clone. And he is defintley fun to go back to. Maybe Smash 4's speed will help Wolf a bit.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Well, for those who have Facebook, the official Smash Brothers page made a post asking us who all we've voted for. That's at least something. Here's the link, it should be the first post: https://www.facebook.com/SmashBrosEN?fref=ts

As for other topics, well:
  1. What do you all think Wolf's pose will be like in his official artwork? Like Brawl, like SSB3's, etc?
  2. You think they'll just port over Wolf's model and textures from Brawl or do you think we'll get a redesign based off Zero?
  3. Where do you think Wolf will end up being on the tier lists? Mid-Tier like Brawl or higher/lower due to in-game changes?
  4. I've seen this on another thread, but who on the roster would you be willing to sacrifice to get Wolf back?
  5. Worst part about playing Wolf in Brawl that you hope gets fixed in SSB4?
  6. Would you main Wolf or make him a secondary, tertiary, quaternary, etc?
  7. Do you like Wolf as a character in gaming, or just like him as a viable fighter in Smash Bros?
  8. Fighters in SSB4 that you have trouble fighting against in general?
  9. Do any of you have a local Smash scene that you go to/would like to go to?
  10. Anyone here have a Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, or Facebook? Might as well support each other like we do Wolf.
  11. What do you all do out in the real world? Jobs, school, military, underground mafia, etc?
  12. Favorite color?
My answers for the questions above:

1. I tend to see him in mid-air with claws ready to go. It's different form Fox and Falco's dashing, so it's a nice contrast.
  2. I think they'll just do the same with Wolf as they did for Fox and Falco: Port the model and textures, and make them better.
  3. B+ Tier. Under Fox's placement, but above Falco's. Don't you dare think about that in a dirty way.
  4. :4darkpit::4drmario::4lucina::4ryu::4feroy: - In order from first to last. No clones, no multiple same-3rd-Party reps, and less Fire Emblem. Perfect.
  5. His jank-*** recovery screwed me over more times than I can count. I hope he gets a much better ledge sweet-spot.
  6. Insta-main. Sit down, Fox.
  7. Wolf's one of my favorite characters in general. I like to main characters from series that I like, rather than "Because they're top-tier"
  8. :4shulk::4sonic::4olimar::4tlink::rosalina: - In order from most difficult to least. **** the Monado-Demon.
  9. I have one scene across my town. Unfortunately, I refuse to attend because it takes place in a Vapor Shop/Hooka Bar :/
  10. My links are in my signature. Check out my content :D
  11. Forced to graduate high-school early because I was framed for assault, so I'm done with school. As for work, YouTube and the Marine Corps are in my future.
  12. Black.
Eh, I haven't been active due to moving so I'll do it now :p

1. As long as it's bad*** I don't really care, but maybe making a mad smile like his subspace introduction
2. Not sure, but he'd have to look at least similar to Fox and Falco or else that'd be weird.
3. I don't care about tiers.
4. Dr. Mario. If it can't be a clone, Bowser Jr. or Wario.
5. Fire Wolf is terrible imo.
6. Secondary after Shulk most likely.
7. Hell yeah! He's my favorite video game antihero and I always enjoyed blasting him out of the sky or even teaming up with him.
8. Nobody specifically, really.
9. My college had a smash club, but idk what happened because they just disappeared one day :/
10. No twitch, I only use youtube to watch videos, and I wish to keep the last 2 private
11. Sophomore in college dual majoring in Electrical Engineering and Applied Mathematics. I also work as a tutor.
12. Red, Orange, and Black

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Isn´t that "Shofu", a really big Smash Youtuber/ Streamer? I think he really wants Wolf back and thats why uses this Tag, could be someone else tho.

I sometimes use my "WolfDlcPls" Tag online, when I use black Fox. I feel no shame D:
I wouldn't be surprised if its him or someone else, after all anyone can make their tag #FreeWolf, but you know what they say, the more Wolf supporters, the merrier.

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
Amy could work though, she'd be that one character everyone hates, but ends up being good(Rosalina, Dark Pit). Shadow could use chaos control and other chaos related moves. Pretty much they all do deserve it(Shadow will probably stay an assist trophy but I won't mind). Bayonetta not being a SEGA character gives her more of a chance in being a Smash character in the future(helps with Platinum Games wanting to continue Bayonetta on Nintendo platforms and Starfox Zero).
Moveset potential doesn't make them deserving.
Like I said, Shadow had a major role in four mainline games and the last one was 06. (I don't think his role in Generations counts as major)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Moveset potential doesn't make them deserving.
Like I said, Shadow had a major role in four mainline games and the last one was 06. (I don't think his role in Generations counts as major)
Dark Pit had 3 major roles in the same game,. If Sakurai can make him from an alt to a clone, then he can put Shadow or another Sonic character in the game.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Dark Pit had 3 major roles in the same game,. If Sakurai can make him from an alt to a clone, then he can put Shadow or another Sonic character in the game.
You do know the huge difference here is that Dark Pit is a Nintendo character. Shadow is just a favorite in the Sonic fanbase. Honestly, if you're going for another Sonic rep, Tails, Knuckles, and Dr. Eggman are all more important than Shadow but back to dat Wolf guy.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
You do know the huge difference here is that Dark Pit is a Nintendo character. Shadow is just a favorite in the Sonic fanbase. Honestly, if you're going for another Sonic rep, Tails, Knuckles, and Dr. Eggman are all more important than Shadow but back to dat Wolf guy.
Yeah, but the difference that's just as big I'd that Dark Pit is just an edgy Pit with no backstory nor maturity, but Shadow actually had a backstory and progressed his character(depending on the path choosen). Wolf would probably be put back in a similar predicament by annoying fans and bandwagon people.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Yeah, but the difference that's just as big I'd that Dark Pit is just an edgy Pit with no backstory nor maturity, but Shadow actually had a backstory and progressed his character(depending on the path choosen). Wolf would probably be put back in a similar predicament by annoying fans and bandwagon people.
Dark Pit is still a Nintendo character putting him on a higher pedestal than most third parties (that includes Shadow). Wolf is probably coming back because people want him back (Annoying fans? What?).

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Dark Pit is still a Nintendo character putting him on a higher pedestal than most third parties (that includes Shadow). Wolf is probably coming back because people want him back (Annoying fans? What?).
The annoying part is apart of the bandwagon part. I meant that they'll want Wolf back in Smash only to hate him a day later. Only real fans of a character actually want thier characters in the game, not the ones who say they really do.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Totally my bad for all the Sega character and not Wolf talk going on here! Though it branched off of talk of Ryu which itself branched from questions.

Anyways, completely unrelated to Sega and completely related to Wolf, a while back during work, I sat and thought of how every move Wolf has would transition from Brawl to Sm4sh and if I can get the spoilers to work then I'll have the list in one below...and if not then I shall ask for assistance so this post isn't obsurdly long without said spoiler.

Jab: should transition perfectly fine. Should being the key word since Lucario's jab got messed up during the transition. Angle could combo into WF
Ftilt: hopefully less freeze frames although they seem less punishable on shield in Sm4sh. Still would be a problem on perfect shield though. Depending on the angle it sends at and the endlag it has, it could combo into the sweetspot of Wolf Flash.
Dtilt: Should transition fine, might get an increased trip chance since a lot of moves seemed to get that treatment (including the likes of Ganon and Ike's fairs...like wtf?) Depending on angle, could lead into WF
Utilt: really hoping this move doesn't get nerfed. It was such a nice kill move and it sweetspotted opponents on BF platforms. It's not spammable enough or ranged enough horizontally to be of much use as just an anti air move.
Fsmash: should transition fine. Angle into WF possibility like a bunch of moves. Will probably be the...third or fourth most ranged fsmash in the game I wanna say? Mii Gunner, Megaman and Duck Hunt should outrange it, possibly others too?
Usmash: with dacus gone I can't see much use for this move. It's slow, weak and not the most ranged move in the world, relatively speaking that is. If it keeps its horizontal hitbox it could be used as a read on roll spammers to send them off stage.
Dsmash: hoping this doesn't get nerfed. Was our best kill move and since it's a dsmash it covers both sides and punishes roll spammers nicely.
Dash attack: can't see much use for this move even when brought into Sm4sh. Had a rather large vertical hitbox making it more likely to hit airborne units than most dash attacks but it's slow and weak so meh.
Fthrow: to WF would be nice
Bthrow: was more like a second uthrow but if it gets reduced endlag and keeps opponents nearby like it did in Brawl it could be a combo throw
Uthrow: Not much use like most uthrows. Gets the opponent in the air if you want em there (i.e. Little Mac).
Dthrow: hoping this doesn't get changed but if it does then a combo throw would be much appreciated. The angle this thing set at was beautiful and still will be in Sm4sh.
Nair: I can see htis getting buffed to be similar to Mewtwo's nair. Might not combo persay but could lead into follow ups and unlike Mewtwo's we have access to both a single strong hit and numerous weak ones.
Fair: We won't be able to sh this move anymore, I'm telling you. With our fall speed and the general nerf to sh aerials from Brawl to Sm4sh. We'll have to either accept the landing lag of a sh fair or rely on fh fairs. That being said, it should still be a nice vertical kill move and might even combo into itself.
Bair: We're only getting one of these per sh and we might get lag anyways. Hopefully it keeps its range, speed and power and with hitstun being a thing we might be able to use it in a similar fashion to Sheik's fair.
Uair: wasn't the best move but it covered good horizontal distance and I can see us still being able to sh it. (Should clarify here, sh = short hop and fh = full hop, I'm not trying to censor dodge here).
Dair: with the new ledge mechanics, this move will be devastating if we mange to force a ledge regrab. Can't see it getting changed much although we might get the Falco treatment.
Blaster: I can actually see Falco's getting buffed once we get in due to the way ours worked in Brawl and not seeing a reason to nerf ours. Ness got a PSI Magnet buff when Lucas was added since Lucas' had less end lag.
Wolf Flash: plenty of combo potential with this thing and other moves and hopefully we get the Starfox treatment of no helpless afterwards. Scarring is gone but holding down while using Fox's makes him scale up the lip of the stage and onto it so we would still kinda have it.
Fire Wolf: Meh, it's our recovery. Hopefully the ledge sweetspot on it gets buffed or at the very least, make it a kill move or have uthrow or bthrow lead into it.
Reflector: hopefully it keeps it's invincibility frames and doesn't stale like Fox's. I loved using this thing as a counter in Brawl. Reflecting things fast will help a lot on FG too. Hopefully it doesn't get added lag like that one Fox custom.
Landmaster: Yeah, this is the Final Smash we're gonna get, I guarantee it. That being said it was the best of the 3 in Brawl and I can see that being the case in Sm4sh. Also no stupid Mario Bros. stage to make it completely obsolete (although GCO, Palutena's Temple and Hyrule Temple do make it iffy).
Utaunt: Unchanged
Dtaunt: Unchanged
Staunt: New voice clip perhaps but that's about it.
No opinion on getup attacks or ledge attack.

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
You can add me to the list of Wolf supporters. After the announcement of the Smash Ballot I immediately went to vote for him. Though I liked to play with all Space Animals in Brawl, Wolf was definitely my favourite. If he were included in the Smash 4 roster, I honestly wouldn't need anyone else added anymore. The character selection would be perfect (well, there's Snake, but that ain't happening.)

Some moves I would like to see changed are U-tilt, F-smash, U-smash, N-air and B-air. I was never too fond of their animations and replacing them with some sort of claw attacks would be an improvement IMO.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
You can add me to the list of Wolf supporters. After the announcement of the Smash Ballot I immediately went to vote for him. Though I liked to play with all Space Animals in Brawl, Wolf was definitely my favourite. If he were included in the Smash 4 roster, I honestly wouldn't need anyone else added anymore. The character selection would be perfect (well, there's Snake, but that ain't happening.)

Some moves I would like to see changed are U-tilt, F-smash, U-smash, N-air and B-air. I was never too fond of their animations and replacing them with some sort of claw attacks would be an improvement IMO.
How could you not love the sound Wolf makes when he does the Up Smash?

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
FSmash is a claw move alright. It's also rather unique and handy imo.

Utilt... eh, nothing against this, except the fact that it's extremely hard to hit. If it has to be changed, I want it to be some higher-coverage move.

USmash... That move is kinda weird (and unique?) but I find it useful at least. Also that sound in he makes in English. lel.

Nair is the move I definitely want to change. Can anyone tell me what kind of use does it even have?

Bair... I dunno, if we change that we get one less "cloned" move so that's a good thing?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The bandwagon description of those charactersthat I've seen sadly.

Ridley-EW, he's to big but he's the only one who can rep Metroid.

K Rool- He's fat, green, and stupid just like everyone else on Donkey Kong Country the TV Series. We smarter lol.

Mewtwo- OMG OMG MEWTWO HAS RETURNED...EW HE SUCKS SO MUCH, JUST LIKE IN MELEE. TO LIGHT AND IS A CLONE OF LUCARIO.....I HAVE CLONES NOT NAMED DR.MARIO AND YOUNG LINK

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
The bandwagon description of those charactersthat I've seen sadly.

Ridley-EW, he's to big but he's the only one who can rep Metroid.

K Rool- He's fat, green, and stupid just like everyone else on Donkey Kong Country the TV Series. We smarter lol.

Mewtwo- OMG OMG MEWTWO HAS RETURNED...EW HE SUCKS SO MUCH, JUST LIKE IN MELEE. TO LIGHT AND IS A CLONE OF LUCARIO.....I HAVE CLONES NOT NAMED DR.MARIO AND YOUNG LINK
I still don't understand this mentality, ridley is literally the smallest boss in metroid and scaling him down wouldn't be hard. A 14 year old did it singlehandedly

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Half of your posts are just you saying Real Talk lol.
Well ther isnt much else to say Really when i see particular posts when there is so much Real in their Talk what do you expect me to say...

People know thats what i appreciate its like when you see a Beautiful Women walk right pass you all you can say is ''Wow''

RealTalk
People know

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I still don't understand this mentality, ridley is literally the smallest boss in metroid and scaling him down wouldn't be hard. A 14 year old did it singlehandedly
Not everyone knows that apparently. Also, it's okay to hate what people say.

Well, for those who have Facebook, the official Smash Brothers page made a post asking us who all we've voted for. That's at least something. Here's the link, it should be the first post: https://www.facebook.com/SmashBrosEN?fref=ts

As for other topics, well:
  1. What do you all think Wolf's pose will be like in his official artwork? Like Brawl, like SSB3's, etc?
  2. You think they'll just port over Wolf's model and textures from Brawl or do you think we'll get a redesign based off Zero?
  3. Where do you think Wolf will end up being on the tier lists? Mid-Tier like Brawl or higher/lower due to in-game changes?
  4. I've seen this on another thread, but who on the roster would you be willing to sacrifice to get Wolf back?
  5. Worst part about playing Wolf in Brawl that you hope gets fixed in SSB4?
  6. Would you main Wolf or make him a secondary, tertiary, quaternary, etc?
  7. Do you like Wolf as a character in gaming, or just like him as a viable fighter in Smash Bros?
  8. Fighters in SSB4 that you have trouble fighting against in general?
  9. Do any of you have a local Smash scene that you go to/would like to go to?
  10. Anyone here have a Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, or Facebook? Might as well support each other like we do Wolf.
  11. What do you all do out in the real world? Jobs, school, military, underground mafia, etc?
  12. Favorite color?
Can you add me to the support list, please?
1. I think his pose will be similar to :4fox:,:4falco:,:4sonic:, and :4tlink: aka running in place.
2. Maybe, but since Fox and Falco kept their design from Brawl, I think they do the same to Wolf.
3. Not sure...
4. I know this sounds generic, but :4drmario:,:4darkpit:, and :4lucina:.
5. Better Side-B and Fire Wolf.
6. If he fits my playstyle.
7. He's my favorite Star Fox character.
8. :rosalina:
9. Nah.
10. I'm getting to that...
11. School ( Joy)
12. Blue

Last edited:

Esknier

Smash Cadet
There's a new article up on Source Gaming where Sakurai answers some Brawl questions.

The first question is why Wolf was chosen for Brawl and not Krystal.

Basically Wolf was chosen because of his popularity and because he was easy to make.

I recommend reading the whole article since it is a very interesting read.
That is actually really interesting, especially regarding the equipment damage. I have to ask though, when was this interview conducted, and who was actually asking the questions?

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
But he came first

AND HE DOES NOT SUCK

MEWTWO MAINS UNITE!!!!!!!!
There's a new article up on Source Gaming where Sakurai answers some Brawl questions.

The first question is why Wolf was chosen for Brawl and not Krystal.

Basically Wolf was chosen because of his popularity and because he was easy to make.

I recommend reading the whole article since it is a very interesting read.
Easy to Make

Krystal and Wolf confirmed

Lets go(Seagull Joe maining Wolf on SSB4 confirmed also)(and it still ryhmes

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
But he came first

AND HE DOES NOT SUCK

MEWTWO MAINS UNITE!!!!!!!!

Easy to Make

Krystal and Wolf confirmed

Lets go(Seagull Joe maining Wolf on SSB4 confirmed also)(and it still ryhmes
Don't blame me, blame the Mewtwo haters.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
That is actually really interesting, especially regarding the equipment damage. I have to ask though, when was this interview conducted, and who was actually asking the questions?
By looking at the title of the article,I would say old

Most likely,Famitsu
Don't blame me, blame the Mewtwo haters.
I didnt main Mewtwo until he released,I tried him out as a reborn scrub(not playing the game for months),while not playing as Falco that much(making my skill with him slim)
After that,I played Melee and decided to main him there along with Project M[ewtwo],and chose his shiny color(I also mained Luigi with the White color swap)so now,I'm wondering why he was cut in Brawl(time constraints,not enough space,not easy to make or transfer,was on the brink of getting cut like Jiggles)

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
It was done shortly after Brawl came out so early 2008.

The questions were from readers of the magazine that published the article.

Esknier

Smash Cadet
It's surprising that none of the readers questioned why Mewtwo didn't make it in then. I have no particular feelings, good or ill, for him but I would think at least one of the readers would have asked about him considering his popularity within the Super Smash Bros. community. I think I know what Sakurai would say about it, but still seems strange.

Top Bottom