• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
There's a new article up on Source Gaming where Sakurai answers some Brawl questions.

The first question is why Wolf was chosen for Brawl and not Krystal.

Basically Wolf was chosen because of his popularity and because he was easy to make.

I recommend reading the whole article since it is a very interesting read.
I don't know why but the article kinda lowers Wolf's chances for me. I'm not trying to be pessimistic here, it's just what I got out of reading the whole thing.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
By looking at the title of the article,I would say old

Most likely,Famitsu

I didnt main Mewtwo until he released,I tried him out as a reborn scrub(not playing the game for months),while not playing as Falco that much(making my skill with him slim)
After that,I played Melee and decided to main him there along with Project M[ewtwo],and chose his shiny color(I also mained Luigi with the White color swap)so now,I'm wondering why he was cut in Brawl(time constraints,not enough space,not easy to make or transfer,was on the brink of getting cut like Jiggles)
Mewtwo was cut due to time constaints, like Dr.Mario, Roy, Young Link, and Pichu.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's Sonic's fault that we didn't get Mewtwo, Roy, and Dr. Mario in Brawl.
So, you know, **** you, Sonic.
Hey, don't insult my main man! I like Sonic. I use him a lot. Sure, he has had a couple or more not so good games in recent years, but to me, he is still good, and he can recover from that. Plus, don't blame Sonic for another character not getting in Brawl. That is just silly.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
It was a dual effort by time and "THE SUBSPACE EMISSARRRYYYYYYY!!!!!!"
Sonic only delayed the game and was cut for a short time"but not as much as :4jigglypuff:,:4tlink:,and :wolf:"
I feel like I'm the only one who enjoyed the Subspace Emissary. It was really cool seeing how all these characters got together in one place to fight. Besides the Great Maze, **** the Great Maze. Also don't diss da Jiggles, she will have her revenge.
So are Mewtwo and Roy. Mewtwo >>>>>>>>>>>Sonic.
You clearly don't realize my hatred of Dr. Mario. Plus Mewtwo and Roy are back, wIth ****ing Dr. Mario. ****ing hate that guy.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Dr. Mario is cool, and took very little development time. What's your beef with Dr. Mario?
He's Mario in, get this, ........................a doctor outfit. He's literally Mario in a doctor outfit. The other clones are fine to me since they are actual different characters (Dark Pit is literally a clone but has a different personality).

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
He's Mario in, get this, ........................a doctor outfit. He's literally Mario in a doctor outfit. The other clones are fine to me since they are actual different characters (Dark Pit is literally a clone but has a different personality).
But Doc is less of a clone than Lucina or Dark Pit. Doc has more differences to make him unique. Yeah he's still Mario, but why should that matter?

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm totally fine with the clone character, especially Lucina. If people don't like them, then they don't have to play as them; the same applies to the rest of the cast. Simple as that.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
I feel like I'm the only one who enjoyed the Subspace Emissary. It was really cool seeing how all these characters got together in one place to fight. Besides the Great Maze, **** the Great Maze. Also don't diss da Jiggles, she will have her revenge.

You clearly don't realize my hatred of Dr. Mario. Plus Mewtwo and Roy are back, wIth ****ing Dr. Mario. ****ing hate that guy.
But I wasnt talking crap about Jiggles(I even use him/her in For Glory[Slumper Party Jiggles to good])
What's with the character bashing?
character bashing,CHARACTER BASHING,DID THEY TOUCH MY FLACO AND GAMEWATCHER

i know it was Doc(poor Shroomed)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
How about we just drop the unnecessary character bashing discussion bull**** and move forward.

Last edited:

Esknier

Smash Cadet

I found Subspace Emissary very enjoyable as well, my only complaint was that the story took place in a "generic" Super Smash Bros universe rather than the universes of the characters featured in smash. I understand their reasons for using one "universe" so to speak, but it would have been wonderful to fight a Fire Emblem bandit as Luigi, or explore Brinstar as Meta Knight.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I found Subspace Emissary very enjoyable as well, my only complaint was that the story took place in a "generic" Super Smash Bros universe rather than the universes of the characters featured in smash. I understand their reasons for using one "universe" so to speak, but it would have been wonderful to fight a Fire Emblem bandit as Luigi, or explore Brinstar as Meta Knight.
I kinda liked the genericness for some reason (needed more actual enemies from Nintendo franchises though).

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
There's a new article up on Source Gaming where Sakurai answers some Brawl questions.
The first question is why Wolf was chosen for Brawl and not Krystal.
Basically Wolf was chosen because of his popularity and because he was easy to make.
I recommend reading the whole article since it is a very interesting read.
Jeez, I don't really know how to take this. On one note, we can confirm that Sakurai acknowledges both Wolf AND Krystal's fans, and that Krystal didn't make it in because of the large amount of work and the time constraints. It also stings that Wolf was one of the three last characters to make it in, because that just reflects on his priority with SSB4. I'm still hoping we get a Star Fox DLC Bundle with Wolf and Krystal, and with acknowledgement at the least (even though it was after Brawl), it seems a bit more realistic. Wait until Star Fox Zero's release and get them both, seeing as they'd have quite a good bit of time to make them.

On a side note, I decided to pick up and play a little bit of Brawl whilst dog-sitting some newborns. Ten hours of playing later, I realized just how badass Wolf was, and just how much I really want him back. Sakurai pls.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

Esknier

Smash Cadet
I kinda liked the genericness for some reason (needed more actual enemies from Nintendo franchises though).
The generic world present in the Subspace Emissary could be like a "world between worlds", and various portals to the worlds of Nintendo could reside within it in the next story mode. (if there is one.) It would serve both those who like the generic world of brawl and those who liked the different worlds of Melee's adventure.

So it was all thanks to Wolf's POPULARITY that he got into Brawl. Wolf is currently one of, if not the most popular characters requested for DLC.
He does honestly have a very high chance of coming back in Smash 4; not only is he popular, but he would be a returning character: only one of the DLC characters thus far has been someone completely new to the Smash universe, and he is a guest character.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom