• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Really, Slippy is more mainstream than Krystal and Leon or even Wolf I think. Slippy is in every Star Fox game. Wolf and Leon absent from 2. Krystal from 3. He can work normally as a fighter, fully relying on gear, not necessarily a Pichu. (Seriously, if he designed his own weapon, why would he get hurt from using it anyway?!)
I don't really think you can say Krystal was absent for 3 Star Fox games, because she didn't exist until Adventures.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Why do I always come out ignored when it comes to Slippy...

Speaking of unpopular opinion, I can't be the only one who prefer Slippy over Krystal and Dixie over K Rool right... ;-;
Of course you're not the only one. I actually prefer that toad pilot over a vixen and an oversized croc.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Honestly, I just use the Wolf howl taunt.
I usually mix taunts, or use whatever is the quickest.
I don't really think you can say Krystal was absent for 3 Star Fox games, because she didn't exist until Adventures.
The fact is she still is not in the games. You can say that to Wolf in SNES too, but I still counted it.

Furret24

Smash Master
Geno's alight I guess, I did use him a lot in Super Mario RPG, but I don't really like him so much that I believe he's a worthy candidate. As for the Dee, I don't think the spear alone is enough to justify his inclusion. I once heard an idea somewhere that he could be more representative of :4kirby:'s other weapon-based abilities, like Bomb, Beam, Laser and others. Now something like that I can roll with. But I suppose that's for a different thread.
Well, I think he would be fine with just a spear, parasol (Parasol Waddle Dee), and his feet and other Bandana Dee supporters have had some crazy ideas. Though, something like this should be taken to the Bandana Dee thread.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I hate the "Divas" crap. And that stupid ugly belt. Bleh.
She's definitely a great wrestler, but I respect the fact that she turned her life around and kicked some nasty habits instead of letting them drag her to hell. Seeing her talk about it inspired me to do the same.

Anyway, Wolf.
Wish Becky Lynch was an awesome Womens Champ(as in bring that title back, end the Divas Title, and let them have actual storylines).
I know. I used to watch WWE a lot before they turned it into a family friendly programming.
The wrestling is still great. Daniel Bryan, Brock Lesnar, NXT, and other that are considered "small guys" are worth watching for. They're the only ones who have more serious storylines.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Wish Becky Lynch was an awesome Womens Champ(as in bring that title back, end the Divas Title, and let them have actual storylines).

The wrestling is still great. Daniel Bryan, Brock Lesnar, NXT, and other that are considered "small guys" are worth watching for. They're the only ones who have more serious storylines.
lol Lesnar. Neville, Zayn, Balor, Itami (much prefer Kenta but whatever), Breeze, and Enzo and Cass are were its at.

So, Wolf.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
lol Lesnar. Neville, Zayn, Balor, Itami (much prefer Kenta but whatever), Breeze, and Enzo and Cass are were its at.

So, Wolf.
I wish Bryan and Kenta could wrestle eachother again. They always had such badass matches.

Also, Wolf(keeping his Brawl voice)

Aqua Admin Shelly

Smash Apprentice
Man, Becky is the ****. Wish she was getting more screentime on the main roster over The Nature Girl, or the waste-of-space Bellas. Oh, well. She's young, her story (hopefully) isn't even half written yet. She is my favourite.
Wish they'd do more with Barrett, too. Such a waste of talent.

But anyway, Wolf should keep his Brawl voice. Much more badass.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Man, Becky is the ****. Wish she was getting more screentime on the main roster over The Nature Girl, or the waste-of-space Bellas. Oh, well. She's young, her story (hopefully) isn't even half written yet. She is my favourite.

Hey, Charlotte is fine. I agree with you sorta on the Bellas though. Please do not make Nikki break AJ's reign. Honestly, if the WWE and World titles didn't unify, Barrett probably could've been World champion.

BACK TO DA WOLF MAN!

Morbi

Scavenger

I honestly enjoy the eloquent Wolf better than the feral Wolf. But the voice matters to me less than the animations which will probably be borrowed from Brawl. So GG to me.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I'm hoping Sakurai just pulls a :4lucas: with Wolf.

NO CHANGES NECESSARY! .....Well, except maybe his crappy Nair, that one needs to go and be replaced with one that actually works good.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

I'm only willing to watch WWE if wrestlers like The Rock, Stone Cold, Undertaker and some other veteran wrestlers or legends appear in a WWE programming.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I feel his nair will be better in this game since there's actual hitstun. Could work similar to Mewtwo's nair or maybe Pika's fair. His specials and bair are fine imo (and that bair is beautiful and I'm already fearing for it as is with pretty much all characters getting their short hop approaches nerfed from Brawl to Sm4sh).

As for voice, I love both but at this point I'd honestly rather the 64 voice just so that way it fits in with the voices Fox and Falco have. We'll still get to hear Brawl Wolf voice regardless thanks to Lylat Cruise.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I'm only willing to watch WWE if wrestlers like The Rock, Stone Cold, Undertaker and some other veteran wrestlers or legends appear in a WWE programming.
Undertaker is appearing at Summerslam against Lesnar (he's probably going to win). Its quite sad to see that people can't get over their favorites not appearing. Most people have retired and there are plenty of other entertaining characters on TV now (Enzo Amore and Big Cass). My top 3 favorite wrestlers have passed or are retired and I still watch wrestling (Edge, Eddie Guerrero, Shawn Michaels).

WOLF! I kinda want the Star Wolf Final Smash to be Leon and Panther shooting the stage from their Wolfens.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hey, Charlotte is fine. I agree with you sorta on the Bellas though. Please do not make Nikki break AJ's reign. Honestly, if the WWE and World titles didn't unify, Barrett probably could've been World champion.

BACK TO DA WOLF MAN!
Vince sees Nikki as a female Cena, and AJ's married to Punk. Bella's sadly gonna break it.

Barrett keeps getting pushes only to get injured. They pretty much gave up on him. Atleast with Bryan, they're over-protecting him to stay safe.

Wolf's Brawl voice was the first time I heard any version of Wolf, so I'm bias to have that voice stay.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
They're rare to see depending on the wresting season

MainJPW

M.T.A
I honestly enjoy the eloquent Wolf better than the feral Wolf. But the voice matters to me less than the animations which will probably be borrowed from Brawl. So GG to me.
Question, if Fox and Falco had voice changes to accommodate their voices from recent games then why wouldn't they do this for Wolf? They bothered to re-record Mewtwo and Roys voices which negates keeping the same voice to decrease workload theory.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Undertaker is appearing at Summerslam against Lesnar (he's probably going to win). Its quite sad to see that people can't get over their favorites not appearing. Most people have retired and there are plenty of other entertaining characters on TV now (Enzo Amore and Big Cass). My top 3 favorite wrestlers have passed or are retired and I still watch wrestling (Edge, Eddie Guerrero, Shawn Michaels).

WOLF! I kinda want the Star Wolf Final Smash to be Leon and Panther shooting the stage from their Wolfens.
I've heard about that. And Eddie Guerrero and Shawn Michaels are two of my all time favorites. It's a shame Eddie died and HBK retired cuz they were fun to watch.

Wolf's final should definitely be him summoning the Star Wolf team and attack the fighters.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Maybe Wolf can have Samus' old N-air that was discarded because of Sakurai logic.
Realistically, he should have something along the lines of Falco, or at least make his current Nair work better.

I mean its always welcome if Sakurai changes Wolf's back air and FS (Star Wolf). I wouldn't mind for more different specials either.
I think his Bair and specials are fine as is, though the FS should be changed to something more appropriate.

Morbi

Scavenger
Realistically, he should have something along the lines of Falco, or at least make his current Nair work better.

I think his Bair and specials are fine as is, though the FS should be changed to something more appropriate.
I would have more faith in his Final Smash changing if Sakurai changed Lucas' or perhaps if he did not try to emulate Marth's Final Smash for Roy.

Aqua Admin Shelly

Smash Apprentice
The old guard can't stick around forever. At some point you have to think about your company's future, instead of the past. I'm already worried about the 50-year old Undertaker's health coming out of SummerSlam. Lesnar is reckless and unprofessional as hell.

The only thing of Wolf's that needs changing is his Final Smash. There's literally no reason the leader of Star Wolf should be in a Landmaster.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Question, if Fox and Falco had voice changes to accommodate their voices from recent games then why wouldn't they do this for Wolf? They bothered to re-record Mewtwo and Roys voices which negates keeping the same voice to decrease workload theory.
Pure Luck

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The old guard can't stick around forever. At some point you have to think about your company's future, instead of the past. I'm already worried about the 50-year old Undertaker's health coming out of SummerSlam. Lesnar is reckless and unprofessional as hell.

The only thing of Wolf's that needs changing is his Final Smash. There's literally no reason the leader of Star Wolf should be in a Landmaster.
Lesnar is improving on the recklessness(somewhat)

Aqua Admin Shelly

Smash Apprentice

BACK TO DA WOLF MAN!
I don't have anything against Charlotte, I just think she's kind of clunky and needs a bit more polish.

They rerecorded Mewtwo and Roy because the Melee sound files couldn't be ported up, or would have taken more work to. Didn't Sakurai say that porting data from Melee was hard, as it's 14 years old now?

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Well his Bair is basically Fox's and Falco's (a back kick). A new Bair would be cool. I've never really liked how Wolf's specials are just variations of Fox's specials (they have different properties). I'd rather have more unique stuff.

MainJPW

M.T.A
They rerecorded Mewtwo and Roy because the Melee sound files couldn't be ported up, or would have taken more work to. Didn't Sakurai say that porting data from Melee was hard, as it's 14 years old now?
He did:
-"it's hard to bring over data from Melee, due to the game being quite old"

Doesn't say anything about sound files but that could be included with the "data" statement.

However, I would think Sakurai would want to use Wolfs current voice actor to keep him more in line with the other spacies, I don't see why they wouldn't take the extra effort to do so.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Well his Bair is basically Fox's and Falco's (a back kick). A new Bair would be cool. I've never really liked how Wolf's specials are just variations of Fox's specials (they have different properties). I'd rather have more unique stuff.
I know, but each of them had their own variation on it(complete with their own specific animations), with Fox's being the most basic, Falco's having lasting hitboxes and Wolf's being the most spammable. I'm a fan of differentiation myself, but for some reason Wolf's specials just feel right. I think it would be interesting to see him unleash new moves on his foes, but at the same time, I'm quite satisfied with the way Wolf works currently. I say "don't fix what's not broken".

Top Bottom