• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Woah. I leave for a couple days and I come back to several more supporters. Sweet! Unfortunately I figured we'd have Wolf by the time I move back to college so my friends and I could use him on our weekly Smash night. And I don't think Wolf will be announced before Friday.

Shulk, please tell us the future!

Ryuvain

Lord of Revenge
If you say so, then Wolf may possibly be nerfed accordingly. Since most character lost some KO potential if not even combo capabilities.

Speaking of PM, it's not his best form either. If anything he is just made to be more cloney to Fox (Shine losing invincibility, functions the same other than launch angle)
So very, very, stupidly true.

But hey, he may be untouched or even buffed a bit like Roy. Gotta think about the bright side too.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Figured I'd pop my head in here and say hello. This is, after all, the support thread for my most wanted character that never got in. I've decided recently that I'm abandoning Sm4sh with the exception of playing with my cousin when he comes over for 1v1s and FG dubs that we do together until Wolf is in the game. I've also gone back to Brawl, fighting ai just so I can use Wolf.

I'd add more but from what I'm reading on this page, you guys just dealt with people attacking each other or fanbases attacking each other or something and I'd rather not further that though what I was going to say is more me being pissed with the dlc choices made so far rather than the characters or fanbases themselves.
Welcome! Great to have you aboard.
Your first paragraph describes my current situation perfectly. Hopefully that changes in the near future.:wolf:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Good to see some new supporters joining the wolf pack.

It's a nice change of pace compared to the last page if nothing else.
It's like we're all a one big family in here.

Well actually, I got another big family that is the Rosalina social.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I am reasonably confident that Sakurai will tweak Wolf so he's even further apart from the other Spacies. I'd be happy if he was designed to be the brutal, savage counter to Fox (rushdown combo fighter) and Falco (technical spacer): I envision a sort of Roy-esque design philosophy, wherein Wolf's moves are very strong and good for punishment and combos, but unsafe on shield so as to make him more opportunistic as a fighter.

It'd fit with his character, I think: whereas Fox is a confident fighter with good reflexes and Falco is a brash yet cool-headed ace, Wolf is crafty and violent. A fast, combo-intense character with strong moves and diverse options - projectile, reflector, etc - would be a very scary foe indeed!

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
So, on the Miiverse, there is a photo challenge going on with the theme being "Unity". I went on ahead and made this little promotion for Wolf and Krystal. I understand some people here dislike Krystal, but she's my 2nd most wanted, and they'd go well together in a Star Fox Zero promotion. Anyways, here's the link. https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkWlM2p4Q

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So, on the Miiverse, there is a photo challenge going on with the theme being "Unity". I went on ahead and made this little promotion for Wolf and Krystal. I understand some people here dislike Krystal, but she's my 2nd most wanted, and they'd go well together in a Star Fox Zero promotion. Anyways, here's the link. https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkWlM2p4Q
If Wolf wasn't cut, and they had a newcomer, Fox, Falco, Wolf, and Krystal would all be the only characters to fit being in Smash. Noone wants Slippy.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
If Wolf wasn't cut, and they had a newcomer, Fox, Falco, Wolf, and Krystal would all be the only characters to fit being in Smash. Noone wants Slippy.
I'm probably the only person here that wouldn't be mad if Slippy got in. Sure I'd be pissed if he got in before Wolf. But if they put in Wolf and Slippy I'd be cool with it. Then again, I tend to have unpopular opinions...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm probably the only person here that wouldn't be mad if Slippy got in. Sure I'd be pissed if he got in before Wolf. But if they put in Wolf and Slippy I'd be cool with it. Then again, I tend to have unpopular opinions...
Slippy would be the new WTF character in the game if he made it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Why? Slippy fights. Heck, he goes on the same missions and uses similar gear to Fox. I just don't see why people wouldn't take him seriously.
Unexpected characters like Slippy would be on. Duck Hunt(even though people joked about them)and Wii Fit Trainer are WTF characters for example.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Think of it, it'd be pretty cool if Wolf could somehow work the Arwing / Wolfen bombs into his moveset.

Could make for a potentially creative Final Smash: call in Star Wolf to air-raid the stage with the Smart Bomb item~

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Its been awhile...

and yet we always come flocking back.

I just haven't been around, because, let's face it, Wolf is basically guaranteed. I've just been awaiting his announcement. Wonder what kind of buffs/nerfs he'll get. He was considered the worst spacey by the Japanese in Brawl so I doubt he'll get Falco or even Fox level nerfs. Maybe even KO/damage buffs to make him the true heavy hitter of the three since Falco was made much stronger in this game.

They better keep most of his moveset intact though. There wasn't one attack I didn't enjoy to some degree. No need to declone someone who isn't a clone.

FS will be Landmaster though. Let's not kid ourselves. Although it would be great to see something new.

As for all the character bickering on previous pages, let's be bigger than that. I've never understood the Geno appeal either but I don't mind if others like him. He hasn't got a chance at all realistically but let's not rain on parades. And Bandana Dee is the next best Kirby inclusion and I don't mind if he's in. Just give me Wolf first.

Come on, we've waited long enough. Wolf should have been here 11 months ago.

Last edited:

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
I think Wolf will get new specials and they will be Shield Breaker, Dancing Blade, Counter and Dolphin Slash.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I think Wolf will get new specials and they will be Shield Breaker, Dancing Blade, Counter and Dolphin Slash.
I hope this'll be Wolf's new moveset. It seems really unique from every other character in the game.

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Only if they ditch the Landmaster for a unique and special Final Smash, like Critical Hit!
Yeah! He should swing his sword blaster in a circle, and then slashes it down while dashing forward, resulting in a 1HKO and an explosion!

Last edited:

OranGiraffe

Smash Cadet
NNID
OranGiraffe
Noone wants Slippy.
*No one.
Also that's completely wrong.
I also would love Slippy in Smash. I think he'd be a joke character like Pichu was, but I'd still love it.
Of course I'd want Wolf in before Slippy ever gets the chance, because if it was Slippy in Wolf's stead, I'd take that as the biggest "screw you" from Nintendo ever.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
*No one.

I also would love Slippy in Smash. I think he'd be a joke character like Pichu was, but I'd still love it.
Of course I'd want Wolf in before Slippy ever gets the chance, because if it was Slippy in Wolf's stead, I'd take that as the biggest "screw you" from Nintendo ever.
Pssh, that screw you would be nothing to announcing Goku for Smash Bros than revealing Goku from Yuyuki.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Hey I wouldn't mind seeing Slippy Toad in Smash and, as OranGiraffe said, he would be the next Pichu.
As long as Wolf is in, of course, I'll be okay with that.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
*No one.

Another Pichu would be horrible. Also, cetian situations like this, I prefer using noone instead of no one.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If Slippy does get in, then don't use him. Simple as that.
If it weren't for the fact that it's a habit to try out every character, I would. If Slippy got in the game and I hated how he played, he'd become my new punching bag(after Mewtwo, DeDeDE, and DK).

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If it weren't for the fact that it's a habit to try out every character, I would. If Slippy got in the game and I hated how he played, he'd become my new punching bag(after Mewtwo, DeDeDE, and DK).
Peach, Palutena, Bowser Jr., Sonic and Jigglypuff are my punching bags. :smirk:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Lady Palutena, why her? She Sakurai's girl. Sonic, Peach(think you said why in the Rosaluma thread), Bowser Jr.(Wendy mostly), and Jigglypuff don't mind getting beaten on.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
For testing purposes, I use Mario as my punching-bag. When I want to train, I like to beat the **** out of the Monado-Demon.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
For testing purposes, I use Mario as my punching-bag. When I want to train, I like to beat the **** out of the Monado-Demon.
I used to have Mario as my punching bag too but I switched to random recently. It's actually pretty useful imo.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Lady Palutena, why her? She Sakurai's girl. Sonic, Peach(think you said why in the Rosaluma thread), Bowser Jr.(Wendy mostly), and Jigglypuff don't mind getting beaten on.
I pretty much explained why I don't like that *****. She doesn't act like a real goddess and she's annoying as ****.
Monado demon?
I used to have Mario as my punching bag too but I switched to random recently. It's actually pretty useful imo.
i used to do that in the previous games but now, I just use the characters I mentioned as my punching bags just to beat the **** out of them.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I pretty much explained why I don't like that *****. She doesn't act like a real goddess and she's annoying as ****.
I never knew you explained why you hate her. Palutena is pretty much a serious goddess when it involves Pit. They both depend on each other, and she seems annoying, but you have to understand Uprising to really like her.

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
Dark Pit is easily my go-to punching bag.
Sorry.You're cool in Uprising and all.You just don't belong here in a game of all-stars.
No H8 for this,please.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I never knew you explained why you hate her. Palutena is pretty much a serious goddess when it involves Pit. They both depend on each other, and she seems annoying, but you have to understand Uprising to really like her.
I have played Uprising before. Great game despite my hands cramping up from the ****ty controls. She didn't act so serious as a goddess should like treating Pit like trash.

Top Bottom