• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I am very curious to see how Wolf's Side Smash would function now with the Diagonal tilts you can add.
And for the matter his side Tilt is also something I want to see.
Oh and hi haven't been here in a while.
Welcome back. It's unfortunate that you returned during that mess, but nonetheless, welcome back :)

I guess that the first set of hitboxes would remain the same, with the second set would be angled. Imagine angling downward at a ledge. Edge-guarding for days, haha. As for the side tilt, you can angle it already.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I just read the last few posts of the past page...

I gotta say, not only am I ashamed of some of the Wolf thread saying such things about other characters and users, I also feel ashamed to be a part of this thread at the moment...

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I gotta say, not only am I ashamed of some of the Wolf thread saying such things about other characters and users, I also feel ashamed to be a part of this thread at the moment...
You have the right to be. However, that ship has set sail, and hopefully we can move on. No more 'Page 195s' from here on out would be nice.

Back onto the topic of... well... almost anything else, I got a question for the thread. What do you all think will become of Star Fox after Zero? You think we'll not have another game in the series for five-ish years, or do you think it'll actually bring more life to the franchise and bring more titles with less waiting in the dark?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You have the right to be. However, that ship has set sail, and hopefully we can move on. No more 'Page 195s' from here on out would be nice.

Back onto the topic of... well... almost anything else, I got a question for the thread. What do you all think will become of Star Fox after Zero? You think we'll not have another game in the series for five-ish years, or do you think it'll actually bring more life to the franchise and bring more titles with less waiting in the dark?
Depends on the success, imo. Honestly, if it weren't for Command doing lackluster and 64 3D not selling due to the hardware not yet taking off, I think we would have had a Star Fox quite a while ago. I guess, after forever, Nintendo noticed that Star Fox 64 3D just wasn't gonna be enough.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390

I think it depends on how well the game is recieved and how well it sells. If it's well recieved and sells well (Which I hope), I think we'll probably see another Stair Fax game coming in 2 or 3 years. If not we probably won't see another game for at least 4-5 years (Like Metroid). Worst case scenario, Nintendo won't care at all and wait 9 years to give us a new Star Fox game (3D doesn't count).

Ridley still has a chance...
A very small one, but its still a chance (better than random third parties)
For such a big character, he sure does have a small chance.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
----------------------------------- (AHAHHAHA I AM STEALING THIS FROM LOGO12)
What do you even...

I do think we're safe for this time, other than the Krystal fanbase that keeps bashing on SF0 because their character is not in the game, and those who judge a game by its grass, I do see generally good opinion about the game overall.

Since we're getting another console soon, my concern would be what would Star Fox be in the next game. Unlike the first two games, Star Fox no longer introduces something new to the gaming industry (we almost had a transformation amiibo this time but meh, that isn't even a part of the game), and this endless rewriting of a new story obviously can't work (Unless SF is turning into a Mario-esque game, without a real plot or such). It's possible they continue the story in the normal way, or just downright branch out a plot or such.
Ironically, I belong to two of those fanbases that you mentioned.

I've noticed that Wolf's fanbase barely receives any criticism (which is a good thing), it's weird because other big fanbases are usually criticized (though none of them as much as Geno's).
I feel more like Wolf has been left alone due to the rumor of veterans being done or such.
But if that's true, there's a few explanations:
  1. The "deserve" opinion-argument is unusable due to him already being in Smash once.
  2. There are no points against us that we refuse to admit or such, even when there is it's some nonsolid points and can barely mean anything.
  3. There's almost no one in our fanbase who will go and attack other fanbase (because we don't need to)

shane3x

Saint of Swords
In regards to the directs do remember there are a few variations, such as game specific directs and mini-directs. They also could just drop updates on us also. Not all types of directs have had Iwata in them.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
In regards to the directs do remember there are a few variations, such as game specific directs and mini-directs. They also could just drop updates on us also. Not all types of directs have had Iwata in them.
I am aware of that. I just hope it is a type of Direct where we see something about new DLC characters.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
I just read the last few posts of the past page...

So what happened(flame war again?)

ALSO,WHY DID SMASHBOARDS NOT SEND ME ALERTS
I dunno about the rumor, but I will agree with you on Wolf being lower on the list. At least he had higher priority than Mewtwo,Roy,and Dr.Mario, etc.
What is ironic is that Mewtwo,Roy and Dr.Mario were planned in Brawl,but ironically came back in Smash 4
I SEE IT!!!
Wolf was given lower priority here than in Brawl,so maybe he is coming back

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Don't get y'all's hopes up. Based on what I just read on that link, that announcement focuses mainly for mobile devices.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'd say why are we so aware of what happens one page earlier anyways?

-- DO NOT STEAL

So the K Rool Rerate is coming (much sooner than expected). Anyone else worried that their want will override ours again?
No idea why.

And no I ain't worried about anything.

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
Wolf has been my first choice for DLC ever since Mewtwo was revealed, so I figured I should stop by to say I support y'all. I was actually really surprised when Lucas released with Roy, Ryu, and no Wolf, but I guess Sakurai is holding back for Star Fox ZeRo

seewhatididthere

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Ummm... Guys? I spent effort to post on K Rool's chance but...

Is this even normal? I spent two hours straight, distracted from my work, and this happened.

(It has Wolf in it btw)

omg my hans r tied im not goin 2 spel agen
My hands would start cramping up if that were to be possible.

Sidboylol

Smash Cadet
I believe that Wolf might get in as a DLC. A rumor after rumor, this must be very big.
Wolf was a good character in Brawl, yet i unlocked him just this year. Sure Brawl isn't my fav, but it has some features in that i like and what i don't like. I'm for Wolf as for the fans too.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Wolf is such a fun character! I think it's kinda weird that Sakurai never made Wolf for DLC prior to the poll. He said that he had planned to do so for Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and Ryu, but not Wolf.

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
If Wolf is like he was in Brawl, I think he could be a threat to the top tiers. He was combo heavy in a game that was combo light, can you imagine his brutality in a faster game? It would look like PM.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
If Wolf is like he was in Brawl, I think he could be a threat to the top tiers. He was combo heavy in a game that was combo light, can you imagine his brutality in a faster game? It would look like PM.
If you say so, then Wolf may possibly be nerfed accordingly. Since most character lost some KO potential if not even combo capabilities.

Speaking of PM, it's not his best form either. If anything he is just made to be more cloney to Fox (Shine losing invincibility, functions the same other than launch angle)

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
Luigi has great combo potential and good KO potential (that damn forward smash >.>), I don't see that getting nerfed. And I actually don't really play PM, I just meant that it would be fast and deadly.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, if what I think does come true, I must say that if Wolf is high on the ballot, I can see Sakurai adding him in easily, not because of Wolf being said to be a favorite of Sakurai, which someone said in the past, but because he was a fighter in the previous game, and would be rather easy to make. With that said, if he is high enough and in the top ten, if he hasn't made him yet, I can see Sakurai quickly choosing Wolf as one of the next DLC characters, even if some others are higher than him.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Good to see some new supporters joining the wolf pack.

It's a nice change of pace compared to the last page if nothing else.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Figured I'd pop my head in here and say hello. This is, after all, the support thread for my most wanted character that never got in. I've decided recently that I'm abandoning Sm4sh with the exception of playing with my cousin when he comes over for 1v1s and FG dubs that we do together until Wolf is in the game. I've also gone back to Brawl, fighting ai just so I can use Wolf.

I'd add more but from what I'm reading on this page, you guys just dealt with people attacking each other or fanbases attacking each other or something and I'd rather not further that though what I was going to say is more me being pissed with the dlc choices made so far rather than the characters or fanbases themselves.

Top Bottom