• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
Well some posts was like yelling at the police officer so they get sued or something.
Off topic posts doesn't really harm anyone (Unless talking about a specific user), just that it may make the whole thread go off the hook and stuff. Well, until someone brings us back on topic, that is. And if the someone is a mod, we're doomed.

I wonder how many warnings are given in this thread so far tho? Anywhere above the Zelda social or other place?
I don't know. Frankly I don't care. We have always gotten ourselves back on topic. I am trying to remember a time when the mods actually stopped stuff. Most of the time they come in after the fact.

This thread is gonna go off topic again, I know it, and the mods will try to "fix" it, even if it will already be brought back on topic. Going off topic is not worth a slap on the hand. Let alone a warning.

As far as the Side B, well yes, I guess that could be a tweak they could do. But yeah otherwise it should be about the same. That goes for the Final Smash, too. If they had made Falco's Final Smash an Arwing I would say change his to a Wolfen, but since Falco's is still a Landmaster, I would just keep it the same, as a Landmaster. Even if it doesn't really make sense.

Ryuvain

Lord of Revenge
So I am thinking about how Wolf could be further distinguished from the other Space Animals.

Now obviously we know Wolf has very different standard moves, with only his special moves (and Final Smash) bearing any similarity to Fox or Falco's. Even so, there is a case to be made that a good deal of fans, especially players of a more casual / non-competitive orientation, consider Wolf to be "just another fluffy canine with a ray gun". I think a few subtle tweaks to his Brawl moveset could offer a very distinct depiction of Wolf, whilst it would equally ensure that it wouldn't alienate veteran fans.

First off, the blaster. Wolf's blaster is unique for a very distinctive reason: the bayonet attached to the barrel serves as a melee weapon. Suppose this was further offered as a fundamental part of the move's effect: it could work in a manner reminiscent of Roy's sword, in that it does more damage at the base of the weapon. The bayonet could cause hitstun that "traps" the opponent for a moment while the projectile itself does continuous damage to the target. The projectile could, in essence, drill right through the opponent if it connects for small yet steady damage, rather than the singular hitbox of Fox and Falco's blasters. It would have the unique property of being a projectile that's more effective at close-range, since it would dissipate quickly and require the opponent to be very close to Wolf for it to work to its maximum efficacy. Since Wolf is primarily a melee fighter who relies on quick, vicious movements, rather than a defensive zoner, it would make sense that he would want to opponent to be close to him and exploit any drop in the opponent's defenses with a brutal slash of his blade that sets up for a close-range projectile option.

Next is Wolf Flash. This move I honestly think needs to be seriously tweaked to be truly effective: the upward angle and inability to act out of it means Wolf can very easily dash right off the edge of the stage if he's incautious, which has no doubt cost us Wolf players many an unfortunate stock. Fox and Falco's "flash" moves both travel straight, which means it naturally stops if it comes to the edge; Wolf's, of course, jumps, which means he has no such safety net. Well, what if this was tweaked in order to fit with Wolf's intense, risk / reward playstyle? Even something as simple as a followup slash by pressing the special button at the height of the jump could be massively beneficial to a character like Wolf, who is at his best when he's up close with his opponent and tearing their face off with his shiny claws. It's inherently more risky than Fox and Falco's, but if you can time it right, you can follow up with a brutal claw cut that does decent damage - maybe it even spikes if it hits the opponent in mid-air!

Wolf's recovery is fairly standard affair, but it's nevertheless reasonable effective. I don't think I'd change this too much, except maybe add an electric effect to the hitbox for extra hitstun and to make it stand out from Fox and Falco's as a distinct "elemental" recovery.

Finally, Wolf's reflector could, I think, work well with his feral playstyle, too: rather than just being a recoloured clone of Fox's reflector in effect, what if it released a brief burst of energy that covers a relatively wide area and only reflects for a few frames? It would make it a riskier reflect option, in that it only works for a very small window of opportunity, but the hitbox is bigger (so it can catch the opponent more readily) and, most importantly, it reflects faster and more furiously than the other Spacies'. Very Wolf, methinks: try to serve a projectile at our canine compadre? High risk, high reward reflector will serve it right back with a bloody vengeance!

Just a few ideas to get conversation going. I'd be very keen to play Wolf if he had a few more options under his belt to make him even more of a competitive entity!
Sounds too good to me.

I just hope he would get the Roy treatment and become different, but even more awesome than he was in Brawl. New, polished animations to go along with his release. Maybe a makeover from SFZero?

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
I still don't get why characters who deserved a new Final Smash (ex. Falco, Toon Link) didn't get one while a character whose FS didn't need to be changed (Kirby) did get a new one, which is less unique than the previous one.
I think that Falco's FS should be an Arwing

Pros:
-Can Fly as high as you want it to
-Can charge blasts or shoot them out rapidly
Cons:
-Although it can fly as high and go past Blast Zones,at the end of his FS,if you are too high,you will die
Example:
Personally,I prefer the air
*Final Smash ends*
"Aaaaaaah"
*ping*
I think they'll just bring back Wolf's SSBB voice. They're definitely aware of the feedback regarding Fox and Falco's voices. All they have to do is literally port all his voice clips. It'd save them A LOT of time, as compared to having Wolf's 64/Zero voice actor record entirely new clips.
port the 64 voice

You can star ko Wolf and he will say

"I cant lose"

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
I still don't get why characters who deserved a new Final Smash (ex. Falco, Toon Link) didn't get one while a character whose FS didn't need to be changed (Kirby) did get a new one, which is less unique than the previous one.
Kirby's Final Smash definitely needed to be changed lol.

I disagree about Lucas and Ness's mechanics being changed. Must be because of potential chaos theirs would bring in 8 player smash

Kirby's Final Smash definitely needed to be changed lol.
Tell me why. I understand the reason why other Final Smashes were changed:

- Luigi: The old one wasn't based on anything from the Mario series and pretty much everyone wanted Poltergust into his moveset
- Charizard: Becoming a solo character + they most likely wanted to include Mega Evolution into his moveset
- ZSS: Becoming a solo character (and the old one was useless)
- Lucario: They most likely wanted to include Mega Evolution into his moveset (and Aura Storm isn't even a Pokemon move)
- Pit: Palutena being a playable character + 3DS probably couldn't handle the old one.
- King Dedede: 3DS couldn't handle the Waddle Dee Army

Kirby is the only one I don't understand, unless the reason was to include a Super Ability in his moveset.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Sounds too good to me.

I just hope he would get the Roy treatment and become different, but even more awesome than he was in Brawl. New, polished animations to go along with his release. Maybe a makeover from SFZero?
Wolf is too different to get further decloning tho, like Lucas. If anything, the best case scenario (and the most likely case) is that he didn't get touched in terms of moveset. (Global changes still apply like acting out of Side B tho)
-Although it can fly as high and go past Blast Zones,at the end of his FS,if you are too high,you will die
I thought you cannot get KO'd if you manually go above the blast line? :S

But you know, now that Landmaster got a flying transformation (opposite happened for Arwing), that could be a really good upgrade for Falco's Landmaster (or just let Falco only use Gravmaster) and stuff:

Wouldn't be possible to fix in this game, but probably usable in the future games.

I'm still curious about Wolf's Final Smash tho... We're not even given a peek at what Wolf could possibly be using other than his Wolfen, or like what I've always wanted, an actual Land Vehicle. Can Nintendo possibly be hiding something... (to be fair nothing about Wolf has been shown other than a few confirmation of Star Wolf being in the game tho)

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Wolf is too different to get further decloning tho, like Lucas. If anything, the best case scenario (and the most likely case) is that he didn't get touched in terms of moveset. (Global changes still apply like acting out of Side B tho)

I thought you cannot get KO'd if you manually go above the blast line? :S

But you know, now that Landmaster got a flying transformation (opposite happened for Arwing), that could be a really good upgrade for Falco's Landmaster (or just let Falco only use Gravmaster) and stuff:

Wouldn't be possible to fix in this game, but probably usable in the future games.

I'm still curious about Wolf's Final Smash tho... We're not even given a peek at what Wolf could possibly be using other than his Wolfen, or like what I've always wanted, an actual Land Vehicle. Can Nintendo possibly be hiding something... (to be fair nothing about Wolf has been shown other than a few confirmation of Star Wolf being in the game tho)
Maybe in Smash 5 or 6
Gravmaster would be possible,but maybe the Arwing FS could be like ZSS or Snake's,but right now its the Landmaster
If we get Multiplayer like Assualt,Maybe character DLC for Multiplayer
Wolf and his little buddies will most likely stay in the Wolfen

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
Tell me why. I understand the reason why other Final Smashes were changed:

- Luigi: The old one wasn't based on anything from the Mario series and pretty much everyone wanted Poltergust into his moveset
- Charizard: Becoming a solo character + they most likely wanted to include Mega Evolution into his moveset
- ZSS: Becoming a solo character (and the old one was useless)
- Lucario: They most likely wanted to include Mega Evolution into his moveset (and Aura Storm isn't even a Pokemon move)
- Pit: Palutena being a playable character + 3DS probably couldn't handle the old one.
- King Dedede: 3DS couldn't handle the Waddle Dee Army

Kirby is the only one I don't understand, unless the reason was to include a Super Ability in his moveset.
Because Kirby's was so easily dodged it was ineffective lol

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Here are some potential avatar pictures for you guys.
You had me believe he was found in the next update,accidently released by Nintendo and found be Random Talking Bush
Lol if that was the reason, then why Mario still has Mario Finale? :troll:
Was the reason that :4rob: had his FS changed from a swerly,red,harmless beam to a built-in bazooka blast,destroying all humanity

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Damn, I completely forgot that R.O.B.'s FS got also changed... Yes, it was most likely changed because the old one was terrible.
The characters who's Final Smash I wanted to change for smash 4 but didn't were:
:4dk:I'll refer to Super Smash Flash 2 for this, who did DK's Final Smash right
:4falco:Arwing
:4ness:PK Rockin'
:4tlink:Something Wind Waker related
:4sheik:Something that isn't the Light Arrow
:4sonic:I still wanted Super Sonic, just done in a different style

Final Smashes that i want changing in smash 5 (if these characters even come back)

Everything I mentioned before

:4drmario: how about a giant pill that explodes into a whole pack of pills
:4miisword:make it better
:4feroy:More Iconic move that is exclusive to Roy

Ryuvain

Lord of Revenge
That's what i was hoping for. No moveset changes but make him look even more rockin than before. Roy definitely looks better right?:roymelee::4feroy:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
:4feroy:More Iconic move that is exclusive to Roy

In case you didn't know early Fire Emblem games didn't have moves in the same vein as Ike's Aether. This is the best Sakurai could do without some EXTREME creative liberties. Great Aether is cool but it's not at all a part of his games, just regular old Aether.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Try to keep it wolf related or at least mention wolf somewhere, I suspect the salty crew are still floating around reporting because their bored and wrong or whatever.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Wolf was found in data back in the Japanese release date

There was:

fitwolf
fitmewtwo
fitlucas
fitblues
fitmarshall
fitzapper(a.k.a:4duckhunt:)
There were more but I forgot them

fiticeclimber(The NanaPopo crowd glitch @ Logo12 Logo12 did you hear it yet)

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

There was:

fitwolf
fitmewtwo
fitlucas
fitblues
fitmarshall

Source? If this is true then this is quite a game changer.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Source? If this is true then this is quite a game changer.
All I found was a Reddit post talking about it. https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2ge6oe/someone_has_gone_into_the_smash_4_japanese_full/ There is two Dedede's and Sheik is spelled 'Shiek'. Sorry, but I'm pretty sure it is fake.

However, if it is/was true, there were some interesting names in there. There was 'fitmewtwo', 'fitlucas', 'fitwolf', 'fiticeclimbers', 'fitmarshall', 'fitdixiekong', and 'fitblues'. I personally wouldn't be too exited for those last three, but it still would've been pretty cool to get Mewtwo, Lucas, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Marshall, Dixie Kong, and Blue's Clues Protoman all right out the gate.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
All I found was a Reddit post talking about it. https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2ge6oe/someone_has_gone_into_the_smash_4_japanese_full/ There is two Dedede's and Sheik is spelled 'Shiek'. Sorry, but I'm pretty sure it is fake.

However, if it is/was true, there were some interesting names in there. There was 'fitmewtwo', 'fitlucas', 'fitwolf', 'fiticeclimbers', 'fitmarshall', 'fitdixiekong', and 'fitblues'. I personally wouldn't be too exited for those last three, but it still would've been pretty cool to get Mewtwo, Lucas, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Marshall, Dixie Kong, and Blue's Clues Protoman all right out the gate.
Yeah somehow I doubt Protoman would be considered for inclusion. It would be awesome though. He could be a completely unique character from Mega Man, using weapons from games that aren't Mega Man 2. (I have nothing against Mega Man 2, but in my opinion, it got too much love in comparison to the other really good games. Mega Man 8 wasn't even mentioned at all! I was sure Mega Man was at least going to have Thunder Claw as his grab.)
But anyway, enough about my Mega Man grievances that nobody cares about. We're here to talk about Wolf!...Soooooooo...How much do you guys think Wolf will be buffed/nerfed with the universal changes. I hope they don't nerf his blaster like they did with Falco.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Yeah somehow I doubt Protoman would be considered for inclusion. It would be awesome though. He could be a completely unique character from Mega Man, using weapons from games that aren't Mega Man 2. (I have nothing against Mega Man 2, but in my opinion, it got too much love in comparison to the other really good games. Mega Man 8 wasn't even mentioned at all! I was sure Mega Man was at least going to have Thunder Claw as his grab.)
But anyway, enough about my Mega Man grievances that nobody cares about. We're here to talk about Wolf!...Soooooooo...How much do you guys think Wolf will be buffed/nerfed with the universal changes. I hope they don't nerf his blaster like they did with Falco.
Didn't we already discussed about Wolf's potential buffs and nerfs before?

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
curses what is this black magic making me go off topic about Mega Man:

Mega man 8 = Flame Sword
I think what you meant was Mega Man 10.

Anyway back to Wolf...i feel his normals need to be buffed just a tad.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
curses what is this black magic making me go off topic about Mega Man:

Mega man 8 = Flame Sword
I think what you meant was Mega Man 10.
....(Facepalms)
I know a great deal about the original Mega Man series, and I forget to acknowledge that Flame Sword was from Mega Man 8. I must have been thinking of the music.
Didn't we already discussed about Wolf's potential buffs and nerfs before?
(Avoids eye contact) I may or may not have just read the bottom quarter of this page due to laziness, and just went from there.

Also, I don't think we should penalize someone who is bringing up a topic again unless you just talked about it on the last page or something. Especially since there is nothing much to talk about.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
I hope they don't nerf his blaster like they did with Falco.
Doesnt matter anyways,just train and train until you know how to style your opponents and create combos

I do think this is fake,but you know this is data inside of a game(maybe maybe Megaman was going to have a clone,maybe the Chorus Kids were planned but cut,Dixie Kong most likely because of the tag team not working out or something,Ice Climbers were planned too)so maybe we will get Wolf(All we need is a guy named Shulk to see the*in announcer voice*"FUTURE OF SMAAAAAAASH DLC")

Last edited:

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
All we need is a guy named Shulk to see the*in announcer voice*"FUTURE OF SMAAAAAAASH DLC")
"The future of Smash DLC is ours to decide!"
*Shulk has a vision of another character getting revealed*
"This is not good!"
*goes on a quest to change the future*
*gets Wolf in smash*

Logo12

Smash Lord

There was:

fitwolf
fitmewtwo
fitlucas
fitblues
fitmarshall

That source was proved fake a few months ago. Also what does that have to do with me?
Here are some potential avatar pictures for you guys.
wat do you even... :O

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman

Games often don't spell things correctly in the code.

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
Good times back in august 2008... when I unlocked Wolf. He was my new main... before it was Mario. I used him everytime, and I used to rule the game with him only. I used to get past Subspace Emissary with him after completing it once.
I always thought Wolf was overpowered. He was pretty strong.
Ahh good times, good times!!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If I remember correctly, I unlocked Wolf by beating him on The Subspace Emissary after finishing it. Have used him a various number of times along with Snake and I was pretty much dominant in the game with those two. I wouldn't say he was overpowered but he sure as hell was fun to play as. Now those were the good ol' days right there.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Games often don't spell things correctly in the code.
I can prove this, I've tried datamining several flash games and see some of the names are really spelt wrong, sometimes intentionally for humor.

Though in this case, it's confirmed fake. Sheik is spelt correctly in game code, there's no two dedede's etc.

If I remember correctly, I unlocked Wolf by beating him on The Subspace Emissary after finishing it. Have used him a various number of times along with Snake and I was pretty much dominant in the game with those two. I wouldn't say he was overpowered but he sure as hell was fun to play as. Now those were the good ol' days right there.
I haven't played Brawl until ~one month ago but I play Snake and Wolf the most too.

Only if they can both return...

brawl is still the best game ever

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I haven't played Brawl until ~one month ago but I play Snake and Wolf the most too.

Only if they can both return...

brawl is still the best game ever
Only time will tell if those two coming back will become a reality.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
I hope Wolf gets announced or release sooner rather than later. I'm looking to add a more baaanced/rushdown character to my current mains but I'm not really getting on with Diddy, Shiek, Yoshi and the rest so far and when you've only got zoners to choose from can be hard sometimes =p

Top Bottom