• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
That source was proved fake a few months ago. Also what does that have to do with me?
In the Japanese version,there is a glitch that if you play as Villager on the 3DS version,if get the crowd favorite,you will hear the Ice Climbers' Chant
It's a new recording
Good times back in august 2008... when I unlocked Wolf. He was my new main... before it was Mario. I used him everytime, and I used to rule the game with him only. I used to get past Subspace Emissary with him after completing it once.
I always thought Wolf was overpowered. He was pretty strong.
Ahh good times, good times!!
I didn'T get to unlock anyone becuase I didN't play it,it was my brother's,though I hijacked it and played,had a friend over,and then the Wii would not read the disk,so I bought a new one,put it in MY Wii and unlocked through the characters in Brawl matches(planning on doing the Subspace Emissary to unlock them)mained Falco,Game and Watch,Wolf,Toon Link,Captain,Ganon and more,those were good times

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
In the Japanese version,there is a glitch that if you play as Villager on the 3DS version,if get the crowd favorite,you will hear the Ice Climbers' Chant
It's a new recording
No, its Villager's chant. Sourcegaming did an article on it.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
No, its Villager's chant. Sourcegaming did an article on it.
To be honest, his/their inspection is a bit far-fetched. Why would they call the Villager so oddly anyway.

--

Okay, did I check on the Japanese side. Someone said they hear "Murabito" normally, someone said they hear "Nana Popo" and it's likely to be left data, while someone said they hear neither.

I went to ONE forum and the replies are already torn apart like the poorly-taken dress photo.

Who knows what's causing that, but I honestly haven't tried it yet.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Say, do you guys really think we will get a Direct this month? Just wanted to see what you guys think.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Say, do you guys really think we will get a Direct this month? Just wanted to see what you guys think.
Already on the 9th day of the month. 50 percent of me says we might get a direct this month while the other half says we may not. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get one until probably October.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Already on the 9th day of the month. 50 percent of me says we might get a direct this month while the other half says we may not. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get one until probably October.
Why so?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's just a guess. Nothing special about it other than the ballot coming to an end by then.
Oh, okay then. I still think we'll at least get a Direct this month. After all, we are dry on news on Nintendo related stuff right now.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Strangely enough, all August Directs have been handled on the 7th or 29th and there has always been an August Direct. They've been handled later in the month more than less. So I expect on mid to late August.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Strangely enough, all August Directs have been handled on the 7th or 29th and there has always been an August Direct. They've been handled later in the month more than less. So I expect on mid to late August.
We won't know... Iwata passed away, so it's possible they're really doing no directs this time...

Imma go back on endless Youtube/Twitter/Sourcegaming refreshing...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
With Iwata's passing, who do y'all think will host all future Nintendo Directs in his place?

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
Bill or Reggie would handle the American direct.

To add to that
Lord Shibata would handle the European directs.
That guy from the April Japanese Direct would handle the Japanese Direct.

Topic switch: Changes I would make to Wolf
Allow him to act out of side b
Change his star KO sound to "I can't lose!"

That's good.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Topic switch: Changes I would make to Wolf
Allow him to act out of side b
Change his star KO sound to "I can't lose!"

That's good.
I'm not sure about the second one... If that happened, I can't imagine what will happen in the Japanese version since, you know, the Japanese VA won't change to the 64 one and making him say 64-ish quotes would be... weird.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
In a word, damn! But hey, you never know if it may come at another time besides that.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
With Iwata's passing, I have no clue about a direct. I think we might see one, but I am not gonna get my hopes up.

Meanwhile I can't stand Geno fans. This is irrelevant but I just can't stand them and their delusional reasoning.

If we don't get a direct in August, then I would say we have a definite lock for one in October.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
With Iwata's passing, I have no clue about a direct. I think we might see one, but I am not gonna get my hopes up.

Meanwhile I can't stand Geno fans. This is irrelevant but I just can't stand them and their delusional reasoning.

If we don't get a direct in August, then I would say we have a definite lock for one in October.
I can't stand Geno fans either. I don't get why they want to see him in Smash...and "delusional" is one word to describe the Smash fanbase.

This.
"He was popular pre-Brawl!"
"He may not be relevant, but Duck Hunt wasn't either!"
"He has been in a Mario game, so of course he is the most likely SE rep!"
"Square didn't allow it's character to appear in PSASBR, because it's just a crappy Smash clone!"
"Square did not put Geno to Sports Mix/Hoops 3-on-3/Fortune Street, because those are just spin-off games!"
:facepalm:

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I can't stand Geno fans either.
I haven't really encountered anything to make me dislike the Geno fanbase, so they're okay with me. As for the character, I really don't have an opinion of him. He looks alright, but I don't know what he'd bring to the table.

I will say that all it takes for me to dislike a character or a character's fanbase is one person. I don't care much for Bandanna Dee ever since I saw that someone "Searches the forums for anything related to Bandanna Dee and will debate with them". My view of Isaac getting in was tainted a bit when I saw an Isaac fan say that Wolf's placement on the ballot "Isn't nearly as much as people think, and it is no-where near Isaac" and ended up comparing him to Daisy. I also don't think much about King K. Rool anymore simply because a lot of his fans are way too cocky about him.

I haven't really encountered anything to make me dislike the Geno fanbase, so they're okay with me. As for the character, I really don't have an opinion of him. He looks alright, but I don't know what he'd bring to the table.

I will say that all it takes for me to dislike a character or a character's fanbase is one person. I don't care much for Bandanna Dee ever since I saw that someone "Searches the forums for anything related to Bandanna Dee and will debate with them". My view of Isaac getting in was tainted a bit when I saw an Isaac fan say that Wolf's placement on the ballot "Isn't nearly as much as people think, and it is no-where near Isaac" and ended up comparing him to Daisy. I also don't think much about King K. Rool anymore simply because a lot of his fans are way too cocky about him.
Ironically, I belong to two of those fanbases that you mentioned.

I've noticed that Wolf's fanbase barely receives any criticism (which is a good thing), it's weird because other big fanbases are usually criticized (though none of them as much as Geno's).

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Sounds like those Geno fans are so desperate to get Geno in, all to the point that it isn't funny. I doubt we'll get the possessed doll in the game, as much as even I want him him (though I can live without him).

As for the Direct, I think it may still be August. There may be a delay after Iwata's death, but I do think they have deadlines to follow.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

I personally think its kind of stupid to let one person sway your opinion on a character. I mean that one person may just be some random asshole in that huge fanbase full of good people. The bad tends to shine brighter than the good so you have to look into it more to actually find the good fans. Plus, judging a fictional character based on their fans who don't have an influence on said fictional character instead of judging them by their abilities is pretty dumb in my opinion.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I actually don't have an opinion on Geno because I've never played Super Mario RPG before. His fanbase is what drives me crazy to the point that I lost interest in the character.

The Daisy fanbase? They're just as delusional as Geno's and even Ridley's. I mean I like her and all (way more than Peach, that's for sure) but I'm completely fine without her inclusion since I have Rosalina now.

And as for the King K.Rool fanbase? Eh, I really don't care. Don't have an opinion on him either because I've never played the Donkey Kong Country games prior to Returns. Of course, I do have Donkey Kong 64 downloaded from the eShop but I still haven't finished it yet.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I actually don't have an opinion on Geno because I've never played Super Mario RPG before. His fanbase is what drives me crazy to the point that I lost interest in the character.

The Daisy fanbase? They're just as delusional as Geno's and even Ridley's. I mean I like her and all (way more than Peach, that's for sure) but I'm completely fine without her inclusion since I have Rosalina now.

And as for the King K.Rool fanbase? Eh, I really don't care. Don't have an opinion on him either because I've never played the Donkey Kong Country games prior to Returns. Of course, I do have Donkey Kong 64 downloaded from the eShop but I still haven't finished it yet.
Ridley still has a chance...
A very small one, but its still a chance (better than random third parties)

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Can anybody tell me when Wolf was added to Brawl's roster? If it was towards the end of development, it may explain why he was deemed low priority in this game.

I know he was considered for Melee but ultimately scrapped because Sakurai reckoned he'd just resemble a recoloured Fox; maybe Sakurai was reluctant to add him to Brawl due to concerns he would be "just another Space Animal" before he decided the same thing in this game?

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I personally think its kind of stupid to let one person sway your opinion on a character. I mean that one person may just be some random ******* in that huge fanbase full of good people. The bad tends to shine brighter than the good so you have to look into it more to actually find the good fans. Plus, judging a fictional character based on their fans who don't have an influence on said fictional character instead of judging them by their abilities is pretty dumb in my opinion.
Notice how I used terminology like "Don't care much", "Tainted a bit", and "Think much about". I never said that one person instantly makes me hate the character, and I also never said that one bad person permanently damages the community, despite a helluva lot more good people. I still think that Isaac, Bandanna Dee, and King K. Rool would be nice due to their potential to be unique, but a community in general 'dulls' the character's image for me. Better now?

Can anybody tell me when Wolf was added to Brawl's roster? If it was towards the end of development, it may explain why he was deemed low priority in this game. I know he was considered for Melee but ultimately scrapped because Sakurai reckoned he'd just resemble a recoloured Fox; maybe Sakurai was reluctant to add him to Brawl due to concerns he would be "just another Space Animal" before he decided the same thing in this game?
I'm curious too, but I've been unable to find anything. I'm constantly taken to in-general roster listings. I wish it was like Bulbapedia, and had a page with a list of all Pokemon by index-number order.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Notice how I used terminology like "Don't care much", "Tainted a bit", and "Think much about". I never said that one person instantly makes me hate the character, and I also never said that one bad person permanently damages the community, despite a helluva lot more good people. I still think that Isaac, Bandanna Dee, and King K. Rool would be nice due to their potential to be unique, but a community in general 'dulls' the character's image for me. Better now.
I guess.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi

...Indirectly mentioning me XD..please...just say my name it's more embarrassing to yourself to "sub-tweet" me

I said.. and I quote..

"We flock to any where someone insults Bandana Dee..

Every day I look up.
Bandana Dee
Bandanna Dee
Waddle Dee
Bandana Waddle Dee
Goomba with a hat

But I have a feeling Shane does it for attention. I'm not gonna bother."

I never said we go to debate with them...I just go to read what they say and continue on with my day...

So please...don't quote something if it's not true...especially when it's trying to shoot someone else down.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
...Indirectly mentioning me XD..please...just say my name it's more embarrassing to yourself to "sub-tweet" me

I said.. and I quote..

"We flock to any where someone insults Bandana Dee..

Every day I look up.
Bandana Dee
Bandanna Dee
Waddle Dee
Bandana Waddle Dee
Goomba with a hat

But I have a feeling Shane does it for attention. I'm not gonna bother."

I never said we go to debate with them...I just go to read what they say and continue on with my day...

So please...don't quote something if it's not true...especially when it's trying to shoot someone else down.
Oh, we apologize to you, your royal highness.

Yes you read what they say and continue on with your day. Like you just did. Oh wait.

I think Bandanna Dee would be a cool character... but I mean if you are a representative of the fanbase then I don't want none of that.

----------------------------------- (AHAHHAHA I AM STEALING THIS FROM LOGO12)

As far as Wolf's production time in Brawl, I would guess he was probably later in production. There has always been the rumor that Wolf, Jigglypuff, and Toon Link were kept on low priority because they were the last unlockable characters, but I doubt it. However I still think he was a bit lower down on the priority scale in Brawl than most of the other newcomers.

Obviously he was low priority in Smash 4.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Oh, we apologize to you, your royal highness.

Yes you read what they say and continue on with your day. Like you just did. Oh wait.

I think Bandanna Dee would be a cool character... but I mean if you are a representative of the fanbase then I don't want none of that.

----------------------------------- (AHAHHAHA I AM STEALING THIS FROM LOGO12)

As far as Wolf's production time in Brawl, I would guess he was probably later in production. There has always been the rumor that Wolf, Jigglypuff, and Toon Link were kept on low priority because they were the last unlockable characters, but I doubt it. However I still think he was a bit lower down on the priority scale in Brawl than most of the other newcomers.

Obviously he was low priority in Smash 4.
Uhhh..ok I don't know why you think I'm going to let someone indirectly insult me...This actually has nothing to do with Bandana Dee. I said something..no reason for people to spread it around...

Also..to quote @ POKEMANSPIKA POKEMANSPIKA

"I personally think its kind of stupid to let one person sway your opinion on a character. I mean that one person may just be some random ******* in that huge fanbase full of good people. The bad tends to shine brighter than the good so you have to look into it more to actually find the good fans. Plus, judging a fictional character based on their fans who don't have an influence on said fictional character instead of judging them by their abilities is pretty dumb in my opinion."

I'm not the character I'm a person who supports said character. Don't place your anger on one person towards an entire fanbase let alone a fictional character.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I didn't say your name because I didn't have it memorized. Nor was I going to search for it either. Wasn't any insult against you, as much as making it easier on my part.
I said.. and I quote..
We flock to any where someone insults Bandana Dee..
Every day I look up.
Bandana Dee
Bandanna Dee
Waddle Dee
Bandana Waddle Dee
Goomba with a hat
Related to what I said before. If I was going to look up your name and say it, I might as well have quoted you directly. If I were to quote something that was not true, I would've done this:
Eggs are cool
Not tagging anyone also keeps them anonymous, thus not 'putting anyone down'. If I wanted to put you down I would've said something like "GHOSTLYLURE IS ". But, like I said, I didn't bother. Nonetheless, you have proven my point.[/quote]
I dunno about the rumor, but I will agree with you on Wolf probably being lower on the list. At least he had higher priority than Mewtwo, Roy, Dr. Mario, etc.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I didn't say your name because I didn't have it memorized. Nor was I going to search for it either. Wasn't any insult against you, as much as making it easier on my part.

Related to what I said before. If I was going to look up your name and say it, I might as well have quoted you directly. If I were to quote something that was not true, I would've done this:

Not tagging anyone also keeps them anonymous, thus not 'putting anyone down'. If I wanted to put you down I would've said something like "GHOSTLYLURE IS ". But, like I said, I didn't bother. Nonetheless, you have proven my point.

I dunno about the rumor, but I will agree with you on Wolf probably being lower on the list. At least he had higher priority than Mewtwo, Roy, Dr. Mario, etc.
lol...I can not eat eggs...they make my stomach hurt >.< anyways...

If you were gonna say anything at least have it be true...you put it in quotes as if it was actually said.

Even if I did say anything (without pointing out it was me) it would've been obvious so I just pointed it out myself..

I'm trying to take this from a non hostile approach..(as best as I can being the type of person I am) but I'm quite sure I disproved your "point"..you said something false..and I pointed out that it wasn't true...Where did I prove your point?

Last edited:

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
Uhhh..ok I don't know why you think I'm going to let someone indirectly insult me...This actually has nothing to do with Bandana Dee. I said something..no reason for people to spread it around...

Also..to quote @ POKEMANSPIKA POKEMANSPIKA

"I personally think its kind of stupid to let one person sway your opinion on a character. I mean that one person may just be some random ******* in that huge fanbase full of good people. The bad tends to shine brighter than the good so you have to look into it more to actually find the good fans. Plus, judging a fictional character based on their fans who don't have an influence on said fictional character instead of judging them by their abilities is pretty dumb in my opinion."

I'm not the character I'm a person who supports said character. Don't place your anger on one person towards an entire fanbase let alone a fictional character.
I am not judging Bandanna Dee. I am not judging your fanbase. But your whole arrogant vibe there is definitely not a way to attract more people to your fanbase.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
lol...I can not eat eggs...they make my stomach hurt >.< anyways...
But eggs tho.

If you were gonna say anything at least have it be true...you put it in quotes as if it was actually said.
Even if I did say anything (without pointing out it was me) it would've been obvious so I just pointed it out myself..
I'm trying to take this from a non hostile approach..(as best as I can being the type of person I am) but I'm quite sure I disproved your "point"..you said something false..and I pointed out that it wasn't true...Where did I prove your point?
It was true to a degree. For example, saying Wolf is a character in SSB4 is true to a degree as well. I'm not being hostile towards you, nor was it my intent. When did you prove my point? Well... we're debating right now, correct? Regardless, my intentions were to get a completely separate point across, not to indirectly bash you or other users on this forum. Now, if you would like to discuss this further, I suggest we make it private. That way we don't pollute a character discussion forum with unrelated text. If you're through, than good day to you.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I am not judging Bandanna Dee. I am not judging your fanbase. But your whole arrogant vibe there is definitely not a way to attract more people to your fanbase.
WOAH..arrogant vibe..That's not what I was trying to make..
But eggs tho.

It was true to a degree. For example, saying Wolf is a character in SSB4 is true to a degree as well. I'm not being hostile towards you, nor was it my intent. When did you prove my point? Well... we're debating right now, correct? Regardless, my intentions were to get a completely separate point across, not to indirectly bash you or other users on this forum. Now, if you would like to discuss this further, I suggest we make it private. That way we don't pollute a character discussion forum with unrelated text. If you're through, than good day to you.
..Ohh Eggs make me sick..I like them tho.

This isn't a debate..I didn't say that..end of story..you were blowing it out of proportion as if that's what my intention was.

Bottom line is..I didn't appreciate being made to look like a fire starter (Hmm I can't find the proper words) if you are going to make a point use valid meanings rather than just paraphrase what you think someone said..it can avoid conflict...

That wasn't my intention.

I'm done. Obviously I can't get my point across regardless of how simple it was.

I'm just a sack of crud anyway...

ight I'm out Wolfens...Wolfens..I like that.

Top Bottom