• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Here's some new pieces of artwork of the Star Fox team from Star Fox Zero.

Spoilered due to size.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Beautiful renders. Also, is it just me, or does Falco's head seem to be larger than the rest? I dunno. Still, I would've LOVED to see Krystal get rendered like this. Maybe next time.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord

Spoilered due to size.
Man, these are good renders. I can't wait to see how badass Wolf will look.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

Spoilered due to size.
I must say Falco looks badazz in that. Wonder what Wolf would be like.

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036

Spoilered due to size.
It's pretty cool that fox and falco have reflectors in their star fox designs now (utleast I think those are reflectors), I wonder if wolf will have it too.

OranGiraffe

Smash Cadet
NNID
OranGiraffe
Popped collars, shot callers. Fox and Falco rockin' that 90's popped collar look.

I always like Falco's Smash designs (Brawl and 4) better than his designs in Star Fox.
Honestly I feel the same way. I'm not a huge fan of the fact that they made all of their prosthetic legs uniform with just beige paint and steel. I still can't wait for Wolf's reveal, and honestly I'm starting to feel more hopeful about Wolf in Sm4sh as long as Wolf isn't announced for SFZ without a Sm4sh announcement.

Falco is a definite lock for Smash 6, but for Smash 4 and 5 (Wii U is the 5th, Sakurai confirms this)
I think I'll still call the Wii U Smash 4 or just Smash Wii U. I'm pretty sure 0.0000001% of the smash fanbase are going to call it Smash 5 considering it's definitely the same game as on the 3ds save minor differences.
Anyway I get your point, I would support Wolf being in the game since melee having swapped roles with Falco, but I actually still agree with him being in the game over Wolf considering he's still a big part just as Luigi was in Mario. Just some insight though, don't take it to heart.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

Spoilered due to size.
I'm lovin' it, though I would have preferred the air if Falco had his slimmer beak from Smash Bros Brawl and 4.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Cutting Falco over Wolf is a really bizarre choice. Let me rephrase that, adding Falco over Wolf in Melee was a bizarre choice. Wolf is the antagonist of StarFox, or at least AN antagonist of StarFox. Not like we can add Andross very easily. Anyway, Wolf is probably more important than Falco. Wolf would have made more sense than Falco to be in Melee. I am not disappointed that he was not cut, but it seemed like they were gonna cut one of the StarFox clan, and it made more sense in my mind to cut Falco. I did not want them to, I just figured one would. I don't understand the point in keeping a character just because they were in twice. I think the only time that should apply is with the original 12. At this point the original 12 are here to stay. The only that even makes sense to be cut is Jigglypuff anyway.

Falco is a definite lock for Smash 6, but for Smash 4 and 5 (Wii U is the 5th, Sakurai confirms this), I was thinking that he was gonna be cut. Simple as that. This is all an opinion by the way, not a fact.
Wolf was going to be the Fox clone,but he felt Falco would fit(He didnt want fans to say"Wolf is just a Grey Fox hurr durr")
What is shocking is that they still did that(WHEN HE ISN'T EVEN A CLONE IMO!!)

Smash 5 is out now,see ya gotta go fast,Smash 6 eh,Smash 6 Spec Thread anyone?(NOT HERE,MAKE A THREAD)

Everyone is able to have opinions(call him a clone,semi-clone,"Semi-Half-Quarter Clone"(My coined clone title)so call him whatever you want m8)

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Wolf was going to be the Fox clone,but he felt Falco would fit(He didnt want fans to say"Wolf is just a Grey Fox hurr durr")
What is shocking is that they still did that(WHEN HE ISN'T EVEN A CLONE IMO!!)

Smash 5 is out now,see ya gotta go fast,Smash 6 eh,Smash 6 Spec Thread anyone?(NOT HERE,MAKE A THREAD)

Everyone is able to have opinions(call him a clone,semi-clone,"Semi-Half-Quarter Clone"(My coined clone title)so call him whatever you want m8)
I really don't give a **** what anyone says about Wolf being a clone or not, it doesn't bother me one bit. I don't get why other people are so ass hurt by this, which is pointless and stupid.

OranGiraffe

Smash Cadet
NNID
OranGiraffe
I just don't see what's wrong with calling Wolf a semi-clone. I would say that he's definitely the least similar semi-clone, but his moveset (specials) definitely took inspiration from Fox. They're similar enough to be custom moves for Fox.
Again, this isn't to disrespect the smash character, I just feel like it's fair to consider similar characters semi-clones, like Luigi being a semi-clone of Mario (they've grown apart since melee but still).

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
I just don't see what's wrong with calling Wolf a semi-clone. I would say that he's definitely the least similar semi-clone, but his moveset (specials) definitely took inspiration from Fox. They're similar enough to be custom moves for Fox.
Again, this isn't to disrespect the smash character, I just feel like it's fair to consider similar characters semi-clones, like Luigi being a semi-clone of Mario (they've grown apart since melee but still).
Wolf is less of a semi clone of Fox than Captain Falcon and Samus in Smash 64. Specials don't make up an entire moveset.

I really don't think semi-clone should be a category at all, it should just be clones and everything else. But it seems the rest of the fanbase thinks otherwise, so I just use the term anyway.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432

Spoilered due to size.
I like the designs of all of them but Fox and Peppy's fur just makes them look like plushies. Can't wait to see what Wolf would look like though.

OranGiraffe

Smash Cadet
NNID
OranGiraffe
Wolf is less of a semi clone of Fox than Captain Falcon and Samus in Smash 64. Specials don't make up an entire moveset.

I really don't think semi-clone should be a category at all, it should just be clones and everything else. But it seems the rest of the fanbase thinks otherwise, so I just use the term anyway.
Yeah I guess why I brought it up is because they share similarities, so there might as well be a term for a derivation of a character. I don't see it as a negative thing personally, but it does seem like people outside the wolf fanbase think of that as a reason he shouldn't be in, which is very unfair.
Doesn't matter though, they won't be the ones deciding on his return, only Sakurai-senpai.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Popped collars, shot callers. Fox and Falco rockin' that 90's popped collar look.
Let's not forget Fox's new trendy Beats by Dr. Dre headphones around his collar. Maybe he's sponsored?:troll:

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Hmm lets see,ooh Duck Hunt,Game and Watch,and R.O.B are in a 3 pack,cute

Oh,only available through the 3 pack,and Not Sold Seperately,joy

GameStop exclusive,oh boy

FIRST COME,FIRST SERVE,GETTING SCARED NOW

THIS REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS,NINTENDO!!!!

I AM NOT IMPORTING FROM THE UK OR JAPAN,NINTENDO!!!!

I JUST WANT MY MAIN NINTENDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Eh, that bit about Wolf having been considered as a Fox clone in Melee initially may have been misinformation to begin with.

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/04/13/the-definitive-unused-fighters-list-in-smash/

The one who said this was a user at NeoGaf (who is now banned) who provided no reliable source nor scans. This could have been made up from the very beginning.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=37915502&postcount=7506

So it is kind of pointless to fret about Falcon gettting "over" Wolf in Melee when that might not have even been the case.

And as a personal note, Falco has his rightful place in the Smash series. People saying that Wolf is more deserving of it is just because he is less cloney is merely because they prefer that character more. A lot of fans like Falco because he is Falco, and like his semi-clone moveset because it still brings a different way to play. Granted, the best case scenario is to not cut anyone but I'm sure Wolf will eventually make it back as DLC.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Can't vote either. I go to the next 4 pages and it just shows more results in different graphs.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
*Looks the results* I'm not surprised of Top 3. K. Rool and Isaac have been leading in almost every non-Japanese poll and Wolf is extremely likely veteran with a lot of demand.

Why on earth is friggin' Mickey Mouse in the poll?
Because people think he's also a video game character because of Kingdom Hearts and Epic Mickey.

Because people think he's also a video game character because of Kingdom Hearts and Epic Mickey.
Yeah... I don't like when polls almost always either lack potential characters or have several impossible/joke (Goku, Shrek, Mickey, Reckless Safety Man) or unnecessary (who actually wants Flying Man as playable character?) characters as options.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Yeah... I don't like when polls almost always either lack potential characters or have several impossible/joke (Goku, Shrek, Mickey, Reckless Safety Man) or unnecessary (who actually wants Flying Man as playable character?) characters as options.
Goku is a Nintendo character too... the one from Yuyuki.

I think we are only gonna get Wolf as DLC. To be honest Star Fox does not deserve anymore at the time being. And I feel like maybe you might see another Star Fox character in Smash 5. But that is only a maybe.
I agree, after Wolf Star Fox doesn't need more characters for Smash 4. Maybe for Smash 5 if the series continues after Star Fox Zero.

Last edited:
Top Bottom